NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project (Off-Topic Edition)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
Unknown Body, Proxima Centauri, 4th O.B.
This thread should really be stickied. Otherwise people who were unjustly banned have random odds of seeing this if they return as a new user or guest.
Lets tag @Beard of the Forest and @EviLore for this :)

can I be Un-juniored?
I was going to say that you would be automatically, but with 24.3k posts... :/ Like the above, contact Beard or Tyler regarding this.

Protip: If you sing a lullaby to Tyler, he might grant you a wish. ;)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff member
May 30, 2004
Random thought: Whatever happened to Ronito? I think he's banned but for the life of me I don't remember why.
Goddamn besada. And goddamn me for letting that pass by at the time. @ronito reinstated and contacted, thanks for bringing it up (and thanks @Beard of the Forest for doing the initial check into it yesterday).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff member
May 30, 2004
can I be Un-juniored?
Hi @DOWN . Would be happy to if you post a bit more in a regular capacity first. The highlighted date range of your post activity presents some general flags about account suicide potential and the like. Nothing specific to you, but we need to take pragmatic precautions generally due to toxic contingents elsewhere. Hit me up via PM or with an @ or in here or whatever after getting some regular post activity in and your full member status will be restored. Thanks!

Oct 17, 2012
www.kaffeeware.com
Hi @DOWN . Would be happy to if you post a bit more in a regular capacity first. The highlighted date range of your post activity presents some general flags about account suicide potential and the like. Nothing specific to you, but we need to take pragmatic precautions generally due to toxic contingents elsewhere. Hit me up via PM or with an @ or in here or whatever after getting some regular post activity in and your full member status will be restored. Thanks!

damn. evilore with them facts.

DOWN

Aug 2, 2011
EAST COAST, USA

Appreciated. I became more of a lurker once I got juniored. I’ll see what I can do I guess.

Jul 10, 2017
Funny to find this thread.

I'll tell you my story, I was a looong time lurker, like I lurked for 3-4 years. Then one day I decided to create an account.

There was this thread... oh my god, the virtue signaling! It was titled like "Do you play games that lack representation or lack minorities ?" and I responded with something like "I only play Rocket League nowadays... that game sure lacks representation of other transportation methods."

I was banned right away, with a message like "there is a time and place and this isn't it, junior. Permabanned"

Needless to say, I like GAF a lot more now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff member
May 30, 2004

I'll tell you my story, I was a looong time lurker, like I lurked for 3-4 years. Then one day I decided to create an account.

There was this thread... oh my god, the virtue signaling! It was titled like "Do you play games that lack representation or lack minorities ?" and I responded with something like "I only play Rocket League nowadays... that game sure lacks representation of other transportation methods."

I was banned right away, with a message like "there is a time and place and this isn't it, junior. Permabanned"

:messenger_expressionless::messenger_face_steam:

Sounds like one of the usual suspects on the ex-team. Not finding records of this happening to your current account. Was it a previous account that got permed? Let me know the username (here or via PM if you'd prefer) and I can likely sort you out, unban, merge your accounts, get your post history integrated, extra achievements unlocked, etc. And your preferred username between the two.

Aug 19, 2007
Is there a way to have something pop up like an announcement that lets people know about this? Or mass change ban messages of past accounts so people can find this thread? I think it would really help get some good people back. :)

Jul 10, 2017
:messenger_expressionless::messenger_face_steam:

Sounds like one of the usual suspects on the ex-team. Not finding records of this happening to your current account. Was it a previous account that got permed? Let me know the username (here or via PM if you'd prefer) and I can likely sort you out, unban, merge your accounts, get your post history integrated, extra achievements unlocked, etc. And your preferred username between the two.
Thank you, but I'm fine with my current account, no problem!! Keep up the good work!

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
臺北市, 臺灣

For what it's worth, this made me laugh quite a lot.