• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance, Redneckerz.

Never liked you ever since you tried to defend Kagey's rant on Kojima in the Crackdown 3 thread. Always knew from that day you had weird tendencies and biases towards certain users. Also, I always assumed he was a mod for some reason. He acted like one, for sure, but I never asked whether he was.

Speaking of mods, is there a list somewhere on this site that lets us know who the mods are?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Never liked you ever since you tried to defend Kagey's rant on Kojima in the Crackdown 3 thread. Always knew from that day you had weird tendencies and biases towards certain users. Also, I always assumed he was a mod for some reason. He acted like one, for sure, but I never asked whether he was.

Speaking of mods, is there a list somewhere on this site that lets us know who the mods are?
Click on the hamburger menu. Click on “members”. Scroll down to mods.

Papa

Banned

Yeah let's not twist the knife, eh? I'm sure he's not feeling so great right now.

God Enel

I always found redneckerz strange. He was always contradicting himself. Like, one post he would make fun of Ree and in the next post defend them. I don’t know, but it always felt like he had some kind of hidden agenda to me.

I don’t see that as much of a problem.. imho not everything is white and black. Shitting on a lot of RE is kinda deserved. Shitting all over RE most probably is not. So I kind of can understand his stance.
I’m never on RE so I cannot tell you how exactly it is over there (I was warned there once for bullshit and never went back and that was in the early stages). The only RE posts I see are the pictures that are carefully chosen by some members over here.

And then there was his constant attempts at forum policing. He’d admonish members here for doing exactly the same things he had done himself. Also, trying to set forum rules himself and openly advocating for mod priveleges.

He was a weird cat.

That’s certainly something I cannot comment on as I’m not reading all of his posts (they’re fairly long and not everything is to my interest). Especially if his Reporting behavior is like evilore mentioned, it’s problematic. I would’ve never expected him to be like that and it was quite a surprise.

Though I still think he added a lot to the community and Imho it’s a loss and tbh I wanna see him post again over here.

But after seeing all the responses I’m probably wrong.

Btw. Is nobody important banned too?

Papa

Banned
I don’t see that as much of a problem.. imho not everything is white and black. Shitting on a lot of RE is kinda deserved. Shitting all over RE most probably is not. So I kind of can understand his stance.
I’m never on RE so I cannot tell you how exactly it is over there (I was warned there once for bullshit and never went back and that was in the early stages). The only RE posts I see are the pictures that are carefully chosen by some members over here.

That’s certainly something I cannot comment on as I’m not reading all of his posts (they’re fairly long and not everything is to my interest). Especially if his Reporting behavior is like evilore mentioned, it’s problematic. I would’ve never expected him to be like that and it was quite a surprise.

Though I still think he added a lot to the community and Imho it’s a loss and tbh I wanna see him post again over here.

But after seeing all the responses I’m probably wrong.

Btw. Is nobody important banned too?

We don’t have to have explicitly participated in Ree to know what it’s like. Don’t forget — many of us put up with their BS here for years. I myself even quit GAF for a couple years because it became unbearable. Not being a member there doesn’t mean we don’t know what it’s like.

God Enel

We don’t have to have explicitly participated in Ree to know what it’s like. Don’t forget — many of us put up with their BS here for years. I myself even quit GAF for a couple years because it became unbearable. Not being a member there doesn’t mean we don’t know what it’s like.

Agreed. But not everything is bad over there. (Though I have to admit that this is an assumption)

And there (maybe?) are fractions (i.e. threads/communities/??) that aren’t all shit.
Here we point out the (more extreme) examples of how shit the members/mods/community are - mostly for the “LULz”.
I’m not there anymore because I couldn’t deal with their bullshit, too. So I myself am not sure if it is true what I’m saying, but I have a hard time imagining that a forum with thousands of users is bullshit in every thread/xx. There most probably are great posters with knowledge. Otherwise the thread “idea of RE threads” wouldn’t pop up here.

But in general it’s a horrible place for me with posters/posts that are so far from my views, that the only choice for me was to say yeah this shit here isn’t for me, I have to go.

Papa

Banned
Agreed. But not everything is bad over there. (Though I have to admit that this is an assumption)

And there (maybe?) are fractions (i.e. threads/communities/??) that aren’t all shit.
Here we point out the (more extreme) examples of how shit the members/mods/community are - mostly for the “LULz”.
I’m not there anymore because I couldn’t deal with their bullshit, too. So I myself am not sure if it is true what I’m saying, but I have a hard time imagining that a forum with thousands of users is bullshit in every thread/xx. There most probably are great posters with knowledge. Otherwise the thread “idea of RE threads” wouldn’t pop up here.

But in general it’s a horrible place for me with posters/posts that are so far from my views, that the only choice for me was to say yeah this shit here isn’t for me, I have to go.

But the moderation is what sets the culture and tone of the forum, and it's 99% shit. Arguing over the 1% that isn't just seems trivial to me.

bigedole

Patterns of behavior. He had to have his reporting privileges removed for repeatedly reporting anyone who disagreed with him, continuing to hold a conversation with people while reporting every one of their posts in attempts to get them banned. At the same time, he would berate and harass anyone who disengaged with him, often following them around the forum.

He has obsessive tendencies and rarely if ever responded to moderation directives. See this thread for example where he had to be reply banned: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supp...pecs-was-leaked.1472198/page-5#post-253786234

After he himself disengaged somewhat from his regular commentary posts in the off-site community thread, he has been actively trying to stifle other people at doing the same thing he had been doing on a daily basis for a year. He pushed to get the off-site thread locked with him as the official chronicler/historian, but when there was pushback against that notion he didn't handle it well. He acts as if he's in charge of NeoGAF, more or less.

He's not.

So is there a new site ownership position available now? I'd like to apply.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I quite enjoyed the occasional neckerz long post, when they didn’t go in circles. Obviously reporting habits, excessive tagging and PM baiting are a bad look, they are what make places toxic.

I’m not sure why but I always pictured neckerz as Dutch who often come across bit blunt, argumentative and weird without necessarily being malicious.

User Banned (1 Week): Stereotyping of a nationality

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
I'd rather not disclose any further details on that front until I complete the review process of their bans. There's sufficient evidence that they were acting maliciously but the scope of the damage done isn't clear yet.
Without wanting to dredge up the past too much, did EL ever disclose the identity of the saboteur? Was it a current Era mod, perhaps?

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Without wanting to dredge up the past too much, did EL ever disclose the identity of the saboteur? Was it a current Era mod, perhaps?

I don’t think anything was ever confirmed but Cerium seems to have profited quite nicely from it.

demigod

Patterns of behavior. He had to have his reporting privileges removed for repeatedly reporting anyone who disagreed with him, continuing to hold a conversation with people while reporting every one of their posts in attempts to get them banned. At the same time, he would berate and harass anyone who disengaged with him, often following them around the forum.

He has obsessive tendencies and rarely if ever responded to moderation directives. See this thread for example where he had to be reply banned: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supp...pecs-was-leaked.1472198/page-5#post-253786234

After he himself disengaged somewhat from his regular commentary posts in the off-site community thread, he has been actively trying to stifle other people at doing the same thing he had been doing on a daily basis for a year. He pushed to get the off-site thread locked with him as the official chronicler/historian, but when there was pushback against that notion he didn't handle it well. He acts as if he's in charge of NeoGAF, more or less.

He's not.

How is he going home to reee when he’s banned from his own home?

It’s funny seeing him stalk Onq123 in like every thread until recently.

plushyp

1 month later...

316uem.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don’t think anything was ever confirmed but Cerium seems to have profited quite nicely from it.
@evilore seems to be talking about a mod. While mods here are now anonymous, it is very unlikely Cerium was a mod in the time frame october 17 to June 18.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I wasn't sure how to respond after seeing Redneckerz Redneckerz was banned. I was never really active in the Discord, so I'm not sure exactly what went on in there...but he has been a good friend to me through many lengthy and thoughtful direct message conversations.

Red, thank you for all your kindness...for your wonderful insight and thoughtful advice. You are an awesome person, and you have helped me more than you may know. Thank you for being my friend...and although as you know my response time is quite slow, I know we will continue our friendship through other means.

Much love to you my friend, and may your days bring you blessings of success, adventure, happiness, and love. ❤

5be6f676e2d3e62b8e4a34e6d5e5d4dc.jpg

giphy.gif

BraveOne

And for good reason. This is what a real racist looks like. Don’t throw the accusation around loosely otherwise you desensitize people and people like squigglefizzle are emboldened.

You want to post up on this or are you in the business of dropping one liners

Whitesnake

Banned
Gravedancing isn't nice yo.

It’s not a permaban, he’s free to tell me I’m rude when he gets back.

But he’ll probably be too busy either engaging in bad-faith arguments that he abandons nigh-immediately, or posting contrarian opinions that he refuses to back up or elaborate on.

Last edited:

bigedole

It's funny, my ignore list until just now had 9 posters on it. All but 2 had been banned I just noticed, so I feel like I'm batting pretty well for identifying who is not worth engaging with in any way :p I decided to just unignore everyone, maybe BraveOne and ssolitaire have improved from whatever it was that annoyed me enough to put them there.

Fake

Wtf is wrong with this gigawatt? Christ. How could a person can be so annoying?

Last edited:

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
It's funny, my ignore list until just now had 9 posters on it. All but 2 had been banned I just noticed, so I feel like I'm batting pretty well for identifying who is not worth engaging with in any way :p I decided to just unignore everyone, maybe BraveOne and ssolitaire have improved from whatever it was that annoyed me enough to put them there.

What’s even funnier is that nobody gives a fuck about your ignore list. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom