• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, right now we have a useless sun emoji and a brain emoji...who the heck uses those?
sddefault.jpg

plushyp

Why was the old like symbol replaced? I liked it much better than this new one. Looks like Mickey Mouse's severed hand.

Heart and Fire have also been replaced by pixellated ones.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why was the old like symbol replaced? I liked it much better than this new one. Looks like Mickey Mouse's severed hand.

Heart and Fire have also been replaced by pixellated ones.

plushyp

Thanks!

Lmao that's what I was thinking too
Yeah, I can get behind the others but the like button... turns out it is Mario's glove lol:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Open to change on the Like as I agree it's a little ambiguous
Mario glove looks just like any other cartoon character glove hand, which is why a lot of people are mistaking it for a Mickey Mouse hand, which is one of the few brands that can bump out Mario from one's thoughts.

IMO, Vault Boy's thumbs up gesture is the most well known thumbs up in videogaming, but that too might end up looking ambiguous or generic as well.

22-229516_fallout-clipart-clip-art-vault-boy-thumbs-up.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mario glove looks just like any other cartoon character glove hand, which is why a lot of people are mistaking it for a Mickey Mouse hand, which is one of the few brands that can bump out Mario from one's thoughts.

IMO, Vault Boy's thumbs up gesture is the most well known thumbs up in videogaming, but that too might end up looking ambiguous or generic as well.

Good call.

Papa

Banned

Too white

Permanent. Open to change on the Like as I agree it's a little ambiguous, but Fire, Love, and Praise the Sun are awesome.

I was thinking about what could fit into the resolution for the Thoughtful icon. Maybe Psycho Mantis.
Triggered should be replaced with Git Gud

Saber

Gold Member
Permanent. Open to change on the Like as I agree it's a little ambiguous, but Fire, Love, and Praise the Sun are awesome.

I was thinking about what could fit into the resolution for the Thoughtful icon. Maybe Psycho Mantis.

I use Praise the Sun mostly for things that I praise, like the sun.

Btw could we use Pooh wearing tuxedo , hat and monocle instead of the brain?

Last edited:

Ambiguous or not, I think Vault Boy's thumb would still be the perfect choice.

Boss Mog

I remember back in 2015 a guy named Lamneth that got banned because he was arguing with Enzom (so you know the ban was bullshit) about 2 thugs that assaulted a mentally disabled person in the subway. the thugs were black and asked the victim who was white what he thought of the Michael Brown shooting and then proceeded to beat the shit out of him. Obviously Enzom (who hasn't been seen on Era since being outted as a white guy pretending to be black) and the rest of the BCT were defending the thugs and they insisted that the attack wasn't racially motivated and Lamneth argued that it was since they specifically targeted a white guy and asked him about Michael Brown beforehand. He was permanently banned shortly thereafter. I had sent him a PM warning him about arguing with Enzom. I was going through my PMs just now and saw it and remembered this thread and thought, maybe somebody would take a look at his case.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I remember back in 2015 a guy named Lamneth that got banned because he was arguing with Enzom (so you know the ban was bullshit) about 2 thugs that assaulted a mentally disabled person in the subway. the thugs were black and asked the victim who was white what he thought of the Michael Brown shooting and then proceeded to beat the shit out of him. Obviously Enzom (who hasn't been seen on Era since being outted as a white guy pretending to be black) and the rest of the BCT were defending the thugs and they insisted that the attack wasn't racially motivated and Lamneth argued that it was since they specifically targeted a white guy and asked him about Michael Brown beforehand. He was permanently banned shortly thereafter. I had sent him a PM warning him about arguing with Enzom. I was going through my PMs just now and saw it and remembered this thread and thought, maybe somebody would take a look at his case.

I checked. He wasn't banned for any of that, and the mod who banned him wasn't involved in any social justice thought policing and didn't have a history of abusive bans uncovered. Lamneth was found to have several alt accounts, and it appears to check out. Not a big deal but yeah.

Boss Mog

I checked. He wasn't banned for any of that, and the mod who banned him wasn't involved in any social justice thought policing and didn't have a history of abusive bans uncovered. Lamneth was found to have several alt accounts, and it appears to check out. Not a big deal but yeah.
Ah okay, I remember him being banned shortly after that incident and since there was no publicly visible ban reason back then, I assumed that's why he was banned.

kiiltz

I'm still confused about the Sqorin issue. I didn't see him advocating or even hinting at the approval of pedophilia in this thread. He gave his opinion on teenage sexuality, but banning him over that seems overly righteous for GAF, especially considering age of consent is 16 in plenty of places in North America, including Canada. Heck, it was 14 ten years ago (which I don't agree with).

Was his post history on the matter much different than what he said here?
This is pretty recent but I was curious about this myself.

(Is it allowed if it's recent?)

Edit: nevermind, found the ban page

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom