• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of ban reviews, where are you guys reading that certain users were banned? Maybe I got the wrong impression but there's no public log for recent bans. Or are you just coming across posts where it shows the user was banned? I did notice someone recently GhostBabel or whoever was banned.

*checks the Ban Page*

1495528247844.gif

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reinstated H Hyrule Warrior after investigating a bad perm for questioning feminism in 2017.

Yeah, that's a bit weird. I can see how any pro gender, or pro race movement could eventually get out of control. I've seen this myself sometimes, where it's kinda sad that if anyone has a differing opinion, they are torn down and labeled for it like in this thread.

Egalitarianism is about true equality, where people have the same rights, and same privileges. I see at times though, like people think Joss Whedon is not a real feminist by the way he brings attention to certain stereotypes in his shows. Or that he's not allowed to speak on feminism because he's a man. This is hardly an equal viewpoint I feel, and takes the idea of feminism too far in the other direction where it becomes another form of discrimination.

I believe in equality, but when it turns into another form of segregation, I become afraid of the direction it might lead. I always think of the words of Martin Luther King Jr., and how he spoke of one day wishing to see boys and girls, from all races being able to sit side by side with no discrimination. This is the future I'd want to see, don't take away privileges from one person to elevate someone else.

Insane that he copped a perm for that. Apologies.

Ornlu

Banned
Reinstated H Hyrule Warrior after investigating a bad perm for questioning feminism in 2017.

:pie_mansinger:

Doin the good work!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Yeah, that’s crazy. You’d be hard pressed to find a more normal, polite and reasonable post.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of bans lately. Spam?
Disregard, mobile doesn't show reasons properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Identify every """video game journalist""" on the list who spoke in favor of violence against Trump voters and others who don't cowtow to their cult. Then, beat them within an inch of their pathetic lives.
Oh, no, they say he's got to go
Go go kegzilla

Tesseract

Banned
keg bit it? i really liked him, seemed he was just taking the piss with that post

pretty harsh for a longtime member (not that it matters), maybe i missed other posts where he advocated violence

RIP

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
keg bit it? i really liked him, seemed he was just taking the piss with that post

pretty harsh for a longtime member (not that it matters), maybe i missed other posts where he advocated violence

RIP

Advocating violence like that has always been ban worthy. IIRC Keg was banned previously so this was just the final nail in the coffin.

Tesseract

Banned
Advocating violence like that has always been ban worthy. IIRC Keg was banned previously so this was just the final nail in the coffin.

i thought it had to be targeting someone, not just a nebulous kind of piss taking that's describing punitive comeuppances for the actually violence wishing people

lots of people have been banned previously btw, that's not really an accounting factor in determining someone's last legs

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
i thought it had to be targeting someone, not just a nebulous kind of piss taking that's describing punitive comeuppances for the actually violence wishing people

lots of people have been banned previously btw, that's not really an accounting factor in determining someone's last legs

Doesn't really matter. Advocating violence, even against those who advocated violence themselves, has been a no-go since the exodus.

As for the previous bans, that is to explain the reason why this was a perm instead of a prolonged temp ban.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Doesn't really matter. Advocating violence, even against those who advocated violence themselves, has been a no-go since the exodus.

As for the previous bans, that is to explain the reason why this was a perm instead of a prolonged temp ban.

what i'm saying is it doesn't really seem like he's advocating violence so much as supposing what kinds of fates these people deserve for calls of violence against people they disagree with

we'll never know because he's banned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom