• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

Banned
I may have just wrote my last post here. I’m not sure how moderation is going to take it.

So if I do end up permanently banned I just want to say that some of you were truly great. Cyber panda, Kojima, Mista, Jarebear, Matt, Cunth, and Musky.

Thanks guys. It was fun.

Fucking gaming got to me, and I should have stayed away .

Helios

I may have just wrote my last post here. I’m not sure how moderation is going to take it.

So if I do end up permanently banned I just want to say that some of you were truly great. Cyber panda, Kojima, Mista, Jarebear, Matt, Cunth, and Musky.

Thanks guys. It was fun.

Take a break, my dude. Console warring can be exhausting even for someone like me that has no horses in that race. Use the ignore feature if you have to. Don't feel like you've lost an argument just because you used it.
I have no say in this but I hope (and I'm pretty sure) you won't get perma banned.

Papa

Banned

Thanks guys. It was fun.

The fuck are you doin brother? Relax, chill out, sleep on it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Thanks guys. It was fun.

You got me curious and I looked. If it’s the one where you called out a few people for console warring, meh, seemed pretty mild.

I was expecting something worse.

Barnabot

Thanks guys. It was fun.

If you wanted some advice I'd say you just can't go as a glass cannon against someone riding a high horse. All you will be able to do is to harm(a little) the horse at your own expense. Make them get off their high horse or just ignore them and move on. You can't have a civil discussion with them because their intents are not so good. Plus they usually tend to be slippery when confronted. Best you can do is to ignore them if you can't reason with them.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
If you wanted some advice I'd say you just can't go as a glass cannon against someone riding a high horse. All you will be able to do is to harm(a little) the horse at your own expense. Make them get off their high horse or just ignore them and move on. You can't have a civil discussion with them because their intents are not so good. Plus they usually tend to be slippery when confronted. Best you can do is to ignore them if you can't reason with them.
That's good advice for internet/social media arguments in general.
Well said!

Tesseract

Banned

what if evil ryu is my main tho

Rentahamster Rentahamster HALP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Console warriors/fanboys are the worst. Don’t catch a ban over those retards. Throw them on ignore (or at least just skip over their posts and don't engage with them), stay out of sales numbers and other obvious console warring debate threads etc.

There’s no reason to post in anything other than threads about games you’re playing or looking forward to playing IMO. Most everything else is either fanboys bickering, idiots arguing about the latest “controversy” or people arguing about news (when reading the first post about the news is usually the only thing worth reading in the thread).

Games are meant to be fun. Stay in threads that are people having fun chatting about games and fuck the rest of the noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Thanks guys. It was fun.

Shhh, calm down. Just relax.
giphy.gif

Ornlu

Banned

Thanks guys. It was fun.

Would you say it was your Spartacus moment?

Geki-D

Banned
Games are meant to be fun. Stay in threads that are people having fun chatting about games and fuck the rest of the noise.
I agree.

...The problem is... Kagey K has, shall we say, a tendency to enter a thread about Sony or even any thread and always be consistently negative about them and PS4 games.

...So please excuse my doubts as to Kagey K's apparent outrage at console warriors when he himself is one of the most prominent on GAF right now. Oh, and all this "SonyGAF will ban me" stuff. Haven't we been here before? Twice, in fact?

Ah, keep on truckin' buddy. Meanwhile I'll just wait for those receipts on all those Xbox threads I apparently shit up.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I agree.

...The problem is... Kagey K has, shall we say, a tendency to enter a thread about Sony or even any thread and always be consistently negative about them and PS4 games.

...So please excuse my doubts as to Kagey K's apparent outrage at console warriors when he himself is one of the most prominent on GAF right now. Oh, and all this "SonyGAF will ban me" stuff. Haven't we been here before? Twice, in fact?

Ah, keep on truckin' buddy. Meanwhile I'll just wait for those receipts on all those Xbox threads I apparently shit up.

Wow. Thanks for the links, another one to add to my list. :D

Ornlu

Banned
I don’t get console warring. I have a PS4, a Switch and a PC but if someone gave me an Xbox I’d be like hell yeah thanks brother wanna play some Halo? What the fuck do you gain from cheering for one over the others?

Sunk cost fallacy, usually.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Thanks guys. It was fun.

I know how you feel about the console warring. It's the sole reason I don't post as much as I used to. It's exhausting and frustrating, but you just can't let it get to you. The majority of these fanboys on either side just want to get a rise out of people. Don't give them want they want.

But fuck you for not mentioning my name :lollipop_crying:

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I don’t get console warring. I have a PS4, a Switch and a PC but if someone gave me an Xbox I’d be like hell yeah thanks brother wanna play some Halo? What the fuck do you gain from cheering for one over the others?
You have to actually play games in order to be passionate about them, Matt.

But seriously, I agree totally. Being a fanboy of one system and mocking the other systems is one of the dumbest things on the internet. I always say, if a games good, play it. Who care’s what console it’s on?

In saying that, Halo is overrated trash :messenger_beaming:

Gotta be super low IQ to be into that shit
For better or worse, even high IQ people fall for that. Our DNA is tribal, always has been and always will be (unless we become cyborgs).

And it's not just consoles, there are tribes about everything you can imagine (from iPhones to Michael Jackson fervent fanboys/girls). They will defend everything under the sun, as long as they feel they belong in a certain "tribe". :)

Tesseract

Banned
For better or worse, even high IQ people fall for that. Our DNA is tribal, always has been and always will be (unless we become cyborgs).

And it's not just consoles, there are tribes about everything you can imagine (from iPhones to Michael Jackson fervent fanboys/girls). They will defend everything under the sun, as long as they feel they belong in a certain "tribe". :)

i am the least tribal person you will ever meet, ask me anything

Kagey K

Banned
I know how you feel about the console warring. It's the sole reason I don't post as much as I used to. It's exhausting and frustrating, but you just can't let it get to you. The majority of these fanboys on either side just want to get a rise out of people. Don't give them want they want.

But fuck you for not mentioning my name :lollipop_crying:
Holy shit, I somehow survived that. I’m very surprised and am not going to be making a habit of it. I don’t know why that post got under my skin like it did, and I reacted very badly to it.

Thank you to whoever on the mod team went to bat for me or whatever discussion was had, because I know it was most certainly ban worthy, I will try to do better.

I’m very sorry to you to Xaero. I don’t know how I missed you, I think I expected the hammer to swing quickly and I was just trying to get it posted before I couldn’t.

You definitely deserved to be on that list.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I agree.

Nah this will be the last time you and I interact. I’m not willing to go the deep dive like you did on me. I’m impressed that you went through so many of my posts to find those choice quotes though.

I didn’t know I had such fans.
Does this mean you're going to stop being one of the biggest console warriors on the site?

Still waiting for all those Xbox threads I shit up, btw.

This is where this conversation ends.

As far as I’m concerned from this moment you don’t exist.

Cya.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Holy shit, I somehow survived that. I’m very surprised and am not going to be making a habit of it. I don’t know why that post got under my skin like it did, and I reacted very badly to it.

Thank you to whoever on the mod team went to bat for me or whatever discussion was had, because I know it was most certainly ban worthy, I will try to do better.

I’m very sorry to you to Xaero. I don’t know how I missed you, I think I expected the hammer to swing quickly and I was just trying to get it posted before I couldn’t.

You definitely deserved to be on that list.
By the way, for the future, if you happen to have a similar outburst and recognise it early, you can just use the edit feature to remove it and say you snap reacted. Moderators can still view the original posting, but as long as you don't constantly do it, I doubt moderators will ban you for a mistake you corrected on yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom