• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryDEATH

You seem to not reading enough xbox fans posts, which some of them are in the edge of lunacy. But I'll stop here.

Edge of lunacy, that is hilarious, because as far as I and anyone with eyes can see, you don't have Xbox fans spamming the gaming section with 100's of repetitive threads about SDD's, controller, or twitter likes.

Neither is there a coordinated press cycle of negative console baiting or warring that Fox News would be proud of, you just got to look who the OP's that makes all these are and it becomes evidently clear which fan base is tittering on the edge of lunacy and it sure as hell isn't the Xbox side.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Edge of lunacy, that is hilarious, because as far as I and anyone with eyes can see, you don't have Xbox fans spamming the gaming section with 100's of repetitive threads about SDD's, controller, or twitter likes.

Neither is there a coordinated press cycle of negative console baiting or warring that Fox News would be proud of, you just got to look who the OP's that makes all these are and it becomes evidently clear which fan base is tittering on the edge of lunacy and it sure as hell isn't the Xbox side.

It’s both of you. I can’t even say 343 is a bad developer, equivalent to ‘grass is green’, without someone leaping down my throat.

Which one is worse, I’ll keep to myself, because we need a lot less finger pointing (the mods, other users) and a whole lot more self-responsibility. If you don’t like warring on Gaf, that starts with holding everyone responsible accountable, not just the owners of the other console.

tryDEATH

It’s both of you. I can’t even say 343 is a bad developer, equivalent to ‘grass is green’, without someone leaping down my throat.

Which one is worse, I’ll keep to myself, because we need a lot less finger pointing (the mods, other users) and a whole lot more self-responsibility. If you don’t like warring on Gaf, that starts with holding everyone responsible accountable, not just the owners of the other console.

Look at the first page of the gaming section, there is only one side that consistently instigates the console warring on a daily basis.

Everyone has their hot takes like you with 343's, which is your opinion I disagree with it, but it isn't those sort of opinions that I am talking about its the constant barrage of trashing Xbox and anything related to it in a negative light. The amount of positive Xbox threads to negative must be 1 to 50 and even that one positive ends inevitability swerving into a bait and troll fest by drive by posters and the usual crew.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

You'll find both on either, but was responding to that post excluding xbox fans. But you get endless FUD, organized as well from Xbox, and you can't find that from the blue side. If you go to an xbox thread, you'll find plenty trolling Sony/Xbox, if you go to a Sony thread, you'll find plenty trolling Sony/Xbox. You find them everywhere, both as rivals, so you expect that, unless it's getting toxic they'll coexist just fine. Not to mention the joined forces of PC gamers with xbox as a back up.

Anyway, saying it's one sided is BS.

notseqi

How do I stop telling people that I forked over the incredible sum of 4,22€ to support this site?
I can't find a button to turn the Gold Member-display off. Search is giving me too many posts to sift through for an answer.

edit: argh, wrong thread. Still, anybody able to give me an answer?

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
How do I stop telling people that I forked over the incredible sum of 4,22€ to support this site?
I can't find a button to turn the Gold Member-display off. Search is giving me too many posts to sift through for an answer.

Don't think there's an option to do that.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yeah that's ok on the last page of a thread but a complete ballache on any other fucking page. Can they not just turn it off if $page<$pageCount?

Yeah there should be a way to turn it off, the standard way is way more better with a bar indicating that you've finished the current page.

tryDEATH

You'll find both on either, but was responding to that post excluding xbox fans. But you get endless FUD, organized as well from Xbox, and you can't find that from the blue side. If you go to an xbox thread, you'll find plenty trolling Sony/Xbox, if you go to a Sony thread, you'll find plenty trolling Sony/Xbox. You find them everywhere, both as rivals, so you expect that, unless it's getting toxic they'll coexist just fine. Not to mention the joined forces of PC gamers with xbox as a back up.

Anyway, saying it's one sided is BS.

False equivalence, thats all that needs to be said.

nush

The amount of positive Xbox threads to negative must be 1 to 50 and even that one positive ends inevitability swerving into a bait and troll fest by drive by posters and the usual crew.

To be fair it's probably quite challenging to come up with a positive Xbox topic, yet alone 50+.
monty-python-run-away.jpg

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

That's easy.

Just post somewhere saying something like ... Thanks for the Gold, Anonymous Gaffer! ....

-Arcadia-

Banned

(Points) Simp!

😋

But really, is it a bad thing that people know you contributed to a site we all love and enjoy? Maybe if it was ten years ago, there'd be a few jokes, but in today's awful environment? Supporting the places that truly let you speak freely, is pretty cool.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'm not going to ask what happened here. It seems to be a trend that people who have been inactive since like 2017 / 2018 are logging back in suddenly and immediately trolling GAF. Maybe that was the case here or someone else knows more.

aQDBo9C.jpg

notseqi

But really, is it a bad thing that people know you contributed to a site we all love and enjoy?
Not a bad thing and maybe an incentive, my problem is that the quality of my postings isn't that high (if somebody in a thread already said what I think I won't repeat it, which happens a lot, even as a 4 parter).

Another thing, when I rejoined forums here, I had a sort of reverence for Gold Members. Thought it was something other than paying, and in a different thread I had asked if it was possible to hide this status.
I am well aware of contributing to servers but I thought I could hide it, again, because I don't want to seem like I am above anybody else, especially neo-Neo-Members.

Someone gifted me Gold some time ago and while it was a very nice thing for them to do, I couldn't wait for it to expire mainly due to that auto-refresh.
Hahahaha, git sum!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not a bad thing and maybe an incentive, my problem is that the quality of my postings isn't that high (if somebody in a thread already said what I think I won't repeat it, which happens a lot, even as a 4 parter).

Another thing, when I rejoined forums here, I had a sort of reverence for Gold Members. Thought it was something other than paying, and in a different thread I had asked if it was possible to hide this status.
I am well aware of contributing to servers but I thought I could hide it, again, because I don't want to seem like I am above anybody else, especially neo-Neo-Members.

I’ve seen you around a little bit, and on the contrary, you and your posts are likable. And also absolutely killing it in the Funny Pictures thread.

I can understand the ‘above other people’ thing, though. I feel similarly. I just don’t think anyone puts too much status into a gold name, other than it looking pretty, so you don’t have too much to worry about.

notseqi

I’ve seen you around a little bit, and on the contrary, you and your posts are likable. And also absolutely killing it in the Funny Pictures thread.

I can understand the ‘above other people’ thing, though. I feel similarly. I just don’t think anyone puts too much status into a gold name, other than it looking pretty, so you don’t have too much to worry about.
Good to hear. Just don't want to have my opinions valued above others because I'm suddenly Gold Membered.
Trucking on.

LED Guy?

Banned
OK so I have been a very good boy on here, can some of the mods unban me from the “Next-gen speculations” thread please?

I really wanna be able to write on that thread & share my excitement for Next-gen consoles & Nvidia cards that have been recently announced!! Pleeeeeaaaaase my little heart can’t take it. 😢😢😭😭😭😭😭

Bryank75

Banned
OK so I have been a very good boy on here, can some of the mods unban me from the “Next-gen speculations” thread please?

I really wanna be able to write on that thread & share my excitement for Next-gen consoles & Nvidia cards that have been recently announced!! Pleeeeeaaaaase my little heart can’t take it. 😢😢😭😭😭😭😭

Oh...what's that?

Flying this way!

It's a mod!

(There should be an Airwolf, Nightrider and Million Dollar Man Mod)

-Arcadia-

Banned

Flight Simulator 2020 isn't really what I would call a AAA game, it's just a airplane with a Google Map-like renderer, nothing that special.

Wasteland 3, while it's a great game, it is not a huge budget game with lots of developers.

RIJNtmj.jpg

All in good fun. I hope you get your privileges back soon.

Bryank75

Banned
Calm down satan, I gotta say, that auto refresh is like....pay for gold to get worse experience : D Since this is mostly troll site, I can see where higher-ups of neoGAF are going with this.
We have meaningful discussions here, at least we can have different perspectives, some sites just decide what the right answer is and you can voice your agreement or stay quiet or else get banned. (You know the places)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
We have meaningful discussions here, at least we can have different perspectives, some sites just decide what the right answer is and you can voice your agreement or stay quiet or else get banned. (You know the places)
Obviously, but I think we can agree, that our opinion is sometimes flavored with healthy dose of trolling : ) I love this place, I think it's fairly obvious.

Bryank75

Banned
Obviously, but I think we can agree, that our opinion is sometimes flavored with healthy dose of trolling : ) I love this place, I think it's fairly obvious.
I think as long as it keeps the place kind of lively and it doesn't devolve into insults and the likes, it's fair enough. But if someone thinks I am going to far, I will stop immediately. (usually)

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I think as long as it keeps the place kind of lively and it doesn't devolve into insults and the likes, it's fair enough. But if someone thinks I am going to far, I will stop immediately.
That's exactly what I am thinking while writing post, just friendly...banter or how is it called. Cuz my memory is still not back and in some moments I am fighting with my English knowledge.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I can assure you I have never run into this issue. In fact I'm pretty sure most people just disregard most of what I say...

I know I do.
I'm j/k Bryank75 Bryank75 you know you're one of my favorite Sony fanboys.

That CatLady gift wasn't me though, seems to be sent anonymously by Lucifer himself. I'm just a humble devil.:messenger_smiling_horns:

Admit it Bo, you're bummed Lucifer beat you to it. :messenger_winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom