• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's welcome back captainnapalm captainnapalm , unjustly banned in 2017 for being a reasonable human in this PewDiePie controversy thread:

Oh dear. Does Pewdiepie have any idea what he just unleashed? This is going to feed people that live for this stuff for months.

While he obviously got somewhat exposed here, because it seems he has probably used the word before, I do feel there should be a moral distinction between using the word as a general expletive and specifically directing it towards black people. Those two things aren't the same. Neither should be done, but they're not equivalent.

I still don't think he's the kind of person who would use the word in its original US context, but I may be wrong. Either way, he's an adult male shouting the n-word while playing games on the internet. Maybe it is time for him to reflect on that.

Six year account, 3000 posts, permabanned on the spot for not foaming at the mouth sufficiently. :messenger_expressionless:

Flintty

Welcome back captainnapalm captainnapalm

FXIF0df.gif

Let's welcome back captainnapalm captainnapalm , unjustly banned in 2017 for being a reasonable human in this PewDiePie controversy thread:

Six year account, 3000 posts, permabanned on the spot for not foaming at the mouth sufficiently. :messenger_expressionless:

Haha, thanks EviLore. Yeah, I think they were just waiting to push the button on me for good. I never bent the knee to their bullshit.

Glad to be back! This place looks like it's a whole lot more tolerant and open to free speech and discussion. Long may it continue.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Hmm. I don't see anything wrong with you sharing your personal experiences, and you were doing it respectfully, so I'll override the reply ban.

Thank you. I will never speak for others because their opinions aren't mine. Their lives aren't mine. I can share what I've been TOLD but I can't say what someone is thinking FOR them. I hope I can more effectively communicate my thoughts. If it stuck, Id be ok with it anyway.

GarryM

Neo Member
Did i just witness a 16 year old account getting perma-banned? jeez....imagine wasting all this lifetime in a second by calling people KKK.

Another reminder for me not to be an edgy try-hard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Hey, mods, I've already seen two people getting back to the next gen speculation thread, how does one apply to get the reply ban lifted?

Hey Neo Blaster Neo Blaster

The original reply ban was issued on 6th October. This seems like a fair time to lift the ban. Remember to keep it upbeat and good natured in there. We will accept payment via one spectacular Miles Morales gif when you get your PS5. Just give it five minutes or so to be processed.

Neo Blaster

Hey Neo Blaster Neo Blaster

The original reply ban was issued on 6th October. This seems like a fair time to lift the ban. Remember to keep it upbeat and good natured in there. We will accept payment via one spectacular Miles Morales gif when you get your PS5. Just give it five minutes or so to be processed.
Thanks, man, much appreciated. Regarding MM, delivery in Brazil sucks, will probably have to wait quite some time till my PS5 arrives. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kadayi

Banned
Did i just witness a 16 year old account getting perma-banned? jeez....imagine wasting all this lifetime in a second by calling people KKK.

He wasn't an active member versus a dead account come back from Ree for funsies. Generally, you can tell the Reeturners versus regular posters by the clear lack of Reaction score versus posts, coupled with lack of an Avatar.

He wasn't an active member versus a dead account come back from Ree for funsies. Generally, you can tell the Reeturners versus regular posters by the clear lack of Reaction score versus posts, coupled with lack of an Avatar.
Coupled with complete Reeeetardation to top it off.

Off topic question. Is it possible to be reply banned from here, the "ban review justice project" thread?

Last edited:

Raven117

Just wanted to stop in real quick to discuss my post (and subsequent warning) in the Alanah Pierce thread. It was supposed to be more of food fight type of insult, but may have come across too sharp. Will be more mindful in the future. Thanks for the reminder!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I don't quite get the Culex ban. Omega Supreme was ribbing him with "Shame on you then for being amongst so many klan members." (first time the Klan was brought up in the discussion path), then Culex ribs back by pointing out that this could be read as Omega Supreme admitting to being a klan member (which,of course, is a bit of a stretch, but so is the original claim that Cluex is amongst so many klan members). I really don't see how that is a serious "You are a KKK member" in any way.

notseqi

I don't quite get the Culex ban. Omega Supreme was ribbing him with "Shame on you then for being amongst so many klan members." (first time the Klan was brought up in the discussion path), then Culex ribs back by pointing out that this could be read as Omega Supreme admitting to being a klan member (which,of course, is a bit of a stretch, but so is the original claim that Cluex is amongst so many klan members). I really don't see how that is a serious "You are a KKK member" in any way.
You can spot where Culex was going but the discussion in itself was rather harmless. Slightly mislead and I don't like the perm, if ban at all, but it seems like it was going that way.
I take him for a REEEEE'r but that wasn't permworthy.

Ornlu

Banned
You can spot where Culex was going but the discussion in itself was rather harmless. Slightly mislead and I don't like the perm, if ban at all, but it seems like it was going that way.
I take him for a REEEEE'r but that wasn't permworthy.

That's where the:
"Decide if you want to post here or not. (upgraded to perm after review)" comes in.

Last edited:

notseqi

That's where the:
"Decide if you want to post here or not. (upgraded to perm after review)" comes in.
I understand that and I haven't reviewed his post history, which is always a factor when people are banned. I just hope it wasn't on the post history in that thread, that's why I'm asking in a softcock way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom