• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
Well holy hot damn; if I thought I only liked NeoGAF before, I 110% absolutely <3 (LOVE) it now.

Not for the chaos, but to take a massive sigh of relief that EvilLore is one of the good ones, with a very level head and a good heart in attempting to bring back civility, rationality, and good ol' sanity. (And for the record, this isn't sucking up, I'm too old for that !@#!, just tell it like it is, and if I ever thought Evil was stepping out of bounds, would equally call them on it without hesitation.)

Anywho, I digress -- it's a shame and a tragedy, what apparently transpired; I wasn't here for any of it alas, but I'm damn proud to be here in witnessing this mansion (yes, not house), being rebuilt stronger and better than it was before.

Reason it's a sigh of relief is because this may be one of the last few bastions upon the interwebs that seems to actually value the people behind the screens before the politics. As is, I barely post on Facebook anymore because of such insanity, and ended up leaving several known gaming websites, because the place they're at is seemingly where this place used to be. -- the great flood already happened here, where it may still wash over others. (As an example, on prolly the biggest gaming forums website, in their politics section, threads are made regularly, in the titles even, to call peeps out by political party and flat out insult them, and apparently with zero "counter balancing".)

As I said in the intro thread, I was seriously and literally about to completely give up on gaming discussion sites, perhaps internet discussion in general, then made one last ditch-effort web search and was quite pleasantly surprised, to find a link to a thread, like a diamond in the rough, here on NeoGAF openly talking about how laid back and open minded things are here. Thus far, it quite thankfully has proven to be very much true indeed. :messenger_halo:

Seems insane that in a day and age where "non-binary" is shrieked loudly like gospel from the rooftops on high, people are finding themselves trapped in binary mental prisons where only one thing is allowed or the other, with near zero wiggle room in between. Seems insanity on Facebook when I see peeps my age or older screaming over which (paint/marker) color is best, or how the foods they don't like are stupid and why, to all other realms of insanity. And then politics??? LOL, (as examples) "with me or against me", "any that won't agree with me are sub-human", "those not my race/gender/religion/belief need not breath further". It's as though we entered the dark ages inside the 21st century.

Anyways, sorry to be long winded, but it's to drive home the point, whether new user here or old GAFdog, stick with this place and EvilLore, be patient, this is akin to the emergency times following the perfect storm -- and in comparison to what's out there, across the wide expansive lanes of the information super-highway, as someone that's explored the far reaches and dark corners of all of it -- NeoGAF is the promised land of milk and !@#!ing honey. :D
I fucking love you already. Thank you for seeing the truth as it is, thank you for calling it out accurately without cheesing shit around just to make the place look bad when actually it isn’t. You’re appreciated my man and I’m glad to have a bloke like you among us. Welcome to the familia baby♥️

bronk

Banned
Ever been #MeToo'd?

Because you're about to be, pervert

sUvlJsb.jpg

I don’t understand this acronym.

Is it I don’t get it?

Explaining the joke ruins it but it’s simply an immature phrase.

Take off your pants and jacket sounds like a weird person removing 2 articles of clothing, but can also be read as take off your pants and jack it. (Te he masturbation giggle giggle)

That’s it.

The joke works. It's also in Family guy when lois is the coat room "did you take off his pants and jacket"

Thabass

Well holy hot damn; if I thought I only liked NeoGAF before, I 110% absolutely <3 (LOVE) it now.

Not for the chaos, but to take a massive sigh of relief that EvilLore is one of the good ones, with a very level head and a good heart in attempting to bring back civility, rationality, and good ol' sanity. (And for the record, this isn't sucking up, I'm too old for that !@#!, just tell it like it is, and if I ever thought Evil was stepping out of bounds, would equally call them on it without hesitation.)

Anywho, I digress -- it's a shame and a tragedy, what apparently transpired; I wasn't here for any of it alas, but I'm damn proud to be here in witnessing this mansion (yes, not house), being rebuilt stronger and better than it was before.

Reason it's a sigh of relief is because this may be one of the last few bastions upon the interwebs that seems to actually value the people behind the screens before the politics. As is, I barely post on Facebook anymore because of such insanity, and ended up leaving several known gaming websites, because the place they're at is seemingly where this place used to be. -- the great flood already happened here, where it may still wash over others. (As an example, on prolly the biggest gaming forums website, in their politics section, threads are made regularly, in the titles even, to call peeps out by political party and flat out insult them, and apparently with zero "counter balancing".)

As I said in the intro thread, I was seriously and literally about to completely give up on gaming discussion sites, perhaps internet discussion in general, then made one last ditch-effort web search and was quite pleasantly surprised, to find a link to a thread, like a diamond in the rough, here on NeoGAF openly talking about how laid back and open minded things are here. Thus far, it quite thankfully has proven to be very much true indeed. :messenger_halo:

Seems insane that in a day and age where "non-binary" is shrieked loudly like gospel from the rooftops on high, people are finding themselves trapped in binary mental prisons where only one thing is allowed or the other, with near zero wiggle room in between. Seems insanity on Facebook when I see peeps my age or older screaming over which (paint/marker) color is best, or how the foods they don't like are stupid and why, to all other realms of insanity. And then politics??? LOL, (as examples) "with me or against me", "any that won't agree with me are sub-human", "those not my race/gender/religion/belief need not breath further". It's as though we entered the dark ages inside the 21st century.

Anyways, sorry to be long winded, but it's to drive home the point, whether new user here or old GAFdog, stick with this place and EvilLore, be patient, this is akin to the emergency times following the perfect storm -- and in comparison to what's out there, across the wide expansive lanes of the information super-highway, as someone that's explored the far reaches and dark corners of all of it -- NeoGAF is the promised land of milk and !@#!ing honey. :D

What's the deal with you censoring yourself? Fuck that shit. Curse to your hearts content. Welcome back!

That Afro ban seems a bit much? Usually when the only issue is a heated conversation there's only a one or two day ban, you guys basically banned him long enough to miss every major political event this week and he's the guy that makes those entertaining,

His post history doesn't seem to have a track record of doing this either, it seems to only be a one time thing, maybe the ban should be readjusted due to this?

nush

That Afro ban seems a bit much? Usually when the only issue is a heated conversation there's only a one or two day ban, you guys basically banned him long enough to miss every major political event this week and he's the guy that makes those entertaining,

His post history doesn't seem to have a track record of doing this either, it seems to only be a one time thing, maybe the ban should be readjusted due to this?

Checked that banned post, it's super ignorant and homophobic.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

The guy was calling simply being gay, as in attracted to people of the same sex, a lifestyle choice. He can't mentally separate that from those that are wearing bondage gear and bumming in public.

Afro can be fun in the sense that he's a walking Daily Mail headline, but he's got an enormous rage filled hate boner for anyone that isn't straight and it gets to be a bit much. There's being anti-SJW and then there's being straight up hateful.

The guy was calling simply being gay, as in attracted to people of the same sex, a lifestyle choice. He can't mentally separate that from those that are wearing bondage gear and bumming in public.

Afro can be fun in the sense that he's a walking Daily Mail headline, but he's got an enormous rage filled hate boner for anyone that isn't straight and it gets to be a bit much. There's being anti-SJW and then there's being straight up hateful.

Actually he said the actions of gay people were lifestyle choices. I have no opinion on that but that is quite different than what you believed he said, and I think this is what lead to the ban, poor communication.

It's up to the mods either way, I just though that it seemed a bit much given we have seen worse posts made in the middle of heated debates only receiving 24 hour bans, but not my forum.

I actually looked to see if it still existed after that post. Nope.

This is going back to when the rift happened at GAF. I wandered the desert of gaming forums; Reddit, OA and Hippoages. All of them fucking shite. HA and OA were just god-awful. The people on there were tossers who all seemed to take a bit too much of a personal interest in Tyler. Like, stalker levels of obsession.

Weird as fuck.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

In addition to the post from the ban page he said:
" So my question to you in reverse is, why are people murdering trans people? Maybe they should STOP LYING?"

In addition to the post from the ban page he said:
" So my question to you in reverse is, why are people murdering trans people? Maybe they should STOP LYING?"

That's out of context since he mentioned the statistics before that.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I'm just saying that I found it strange that members who frequently get in heated discussions with arguably worse posts usually get 24hour bans, and instead Afro had received a longer ban, just long enough to miss the things almost everyone following his posts have been waiting for, because of something that as far as I can see, was a one time thing. His overall ban is only 3-4 days though so i'm not saying it's excessive, I just found it odd.

But like I said up to the mods not my forum.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Actually he said the actions of gay people were lifestyle choices. I have no opinion on that but that is quite different than what you believed he said, and I think this is what lead to the ban, poor communication.

It's up to the mods either way, I just though that it seemed a bit much given we have seen worse posts made in the middle of heated debates only receiving 24 hour bans, but not my forum.

Did you even read the posts? He quoted someone who said "You are ignorant when you say being gay is a lifestyle" and replied with a load of shit that isn't purely based on the sexual orientation, capped off with "You are ignorant when you say being gay isn't a lifestyle".

He may well just be poorly articulating his point (because he really struggles to do it) but that's not a valid excuse for the way he came across. Hence he caught a ban. The length of which is actually pretty short based on his standing in the community. I guarantee you if some random came in and that was his first post it'd have been lengthier. What he "misses" due to the ban length is irrelevant and mods circling around that to be kind would diminish the effect it had and kinda render the ban moot.

Did you even read the posts? He quoted someone who said "You are ignorant when you say being gay is a lifestyle" and replied with a load of shit that isn't purely based on the sexual orientation, capped off with "You are ignorant when you say being gay isn't a lifestyle".

Yes I did read his posts. He clearly said actions were lifestyle choices, and I still maintain that the frustrations by people such as you or him are based on taking extreme sides on this issue so you look at each others posts in different ways. You're spending time trying to convince me that your version is the correct version and I have no interest in taking sides.

Like I said I'm not trying to argue with people, I just recall there were worse posts that received less time that's all I'm saying, what's happening now is you are trying to project your anger form that thread onto this one instead of addressing my actual statement and I have no interest in arguing this topic.

What's done is done.

nowhat

So this is not related to bans as such, but I guess this is the "discuss mod actions" thread too? If not, please point me in the right direction.

V Voost Kain had two threads in the gaming forum just a little while ago. First the usual Sony bashing (with the same arguments he's been tossing around since like ever, boring). And then a step-by-step guide on how to unsubscribe from PS Now. That was really something, and I felt so much more fun could have been had from the thread. I was just getting warmed up. Not like preparing for an all-out flamefest, that's not my thing, but rather flexing my silly muscles - it's great people are passionate about things, but people can also be way too serious when they're passionate about things. So whenever it seems there's a need for a court jester, I'm happy to oblige.

Alas, it's gone, clicked a notification on my phone and it is no more. If that's his own doing, fine (spoilsport!). But if it's the mods - eh, at least let a thread live a little longer, if it's tangentially related to the forum in question (it had PS Now in it, so... that's gaming, right?). There are far more stupider threads out there all the time. Or... not nearly as fun may be more apt, stupid it sure was.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
So this is not related to bans as such, but I guess this is the "discuss mod actions" thread too? If not, please point me in the right direction.

V Voost Kain had two threads in the gaming forum just a little while ago. First the usual Sony bashing (with the same arguments he's been tossing around since like ever, boring). And then a step-by-step guide on how to unsubscribe from PS Now. That was really something, and I felt so much more fun could have been had from the thread. I was just getting warmed up. Not like preparing for an all-out flamefest, that's not my thing, but rather flexing my silly muscles - it's great people are passionate about things, but people can also be way too serious when they're passionate about things. So whenever it seems there's a need for a court jester, I'm happy to oblige.

Alas, it's gone, clicked a notification on my phone and it is no more. If that's his own doing, fine (spoilsport!). But if it's the mods - eh, at least let a thread live a little longer, if it's tangentially related to the forum in question (it had PS Now in it, so... that's gaming, right?). There are far more stupider threads out there all the time. Or... not nearly as fun may be more apt, stupid it sure was.

Enjoy!

One Joke thread and they remove by button even though there are worse threads and my record was fine. This forum is inconsistent at times. with the triple standards, I could list users that did some crazy stuff that can still make thread today.

So until that's fixed your fun must end.

nowhat

One Joke thread and they remove by button even though there are worse threads and my record was fine. This forum is inconsistent at times. with the triple standards, I could list users that did some crazy stuff that can still make thread today.

The thread is back! Please, do join us!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Your “fun” is always targeted and repetitive.

“Joke thread”, sure. :messenger_weary: :messenger_ok:

You AstroTurf Google shilling, and then post about cancelling a competitors... yeah man, just jokes. Right.

AV

Yes I did read his posts. He clearly said actions were lifestyle choices, and I still maintain that the frustrations by people such as you or him are based on taking extreme sides on this issue so you look at each others posts in different ways. You're spending time trying to convince me that your version is the correct version and I have no interest in taking sides.

Like I said I'm not trying to argue with people, I just recall there were worse posts that received less time that's all I'm saying, what's happening now is you are trying to project your anger form that thread onto this one instead of addressing my actual statement and I have no interest in arguing this topic.

Edit, y'know what, it isn't even worth the time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom