• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I love how we have a cuck comment in the first 5 replies. I also love how I get invasive ads the second I log in. But I love most how EL’s carefully selected mods are now the bad guys.

I don't love it.

The aforementioned mod used to be on the level and I had known him online since I was 14. His old bans were not abusive that I've seen. I did put care into the mod selection process. When shit hit the fan, everyone acted irrationally and I shut down since I knew I was emotionally compromised and not able to mod in an unbiased way, but I would've been the best person to handle this stuff fairly and steer my team better (other than the heroic folks who stuck around and are still here). Ultimately it's my error in judgment and personal weakness that is responsible for all of it.

Re: the ads, that's the ad industry sucking and our bad ad countermeasures inevitably being circumvented over time. My ad team will get back to me shortly and we'll get things sorted out. Bad ads here are not acceptable.

Re: cucks, I mean, you a bigot or something? It seems like a common fetish. Insecurity about your own sex life? Dunno.

Regardless, try reading the rest of the stuff in the thread, not just things you've designed yourself to be triggered with. Cheerio~

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Oh I wasn't talking about your post when I said it was attempting to derail, I was talking about The Mule and Fat4All in this particular thread but various other posters in previous threads and the trend that I'm seeing. So apologies if it seemed like I was aiming that at you, definitely not my intention, I've had no issues at all with your posts in this thread :)
Haha it was more that i made the decision to give Fat4all (after his selfrequested ban) a proper explanation. Not just for him only, but for all ERA users checking in to see what the new fuzz is about. After that, its up to them to decide what to do with it.

So far i have 2 posters from ERA and one offsite commentary from an ERA user on Discord criticizing my woes without having read my address on this matter and then this user. Like, these people make such commentary to get an explanation, then people incl myself provide one, and then they just scramble. How is that ever a workable situation or discussion? Live and let live.

Redneckerz Redneckerz for reference this is the kind of post/poster I was talking about. I'm going to take my own advice and ignore his antics. I would advise others to do the same.
I don't know, i rather keep my bases sealed (as in, gave a proper explanation) and then seeing that those users won't address it anyways, than just plain ignoring it. Else there is that accusation that we dont welcome these users back. All that does not qualify for this poster though because there is no critique to be found that demands an explanation.

I don't love it.

The aforementioned mod used to be on the level and I had known him online since I was 14. His old bans were not abusive that I've seen. I did put care into the mod selection process. When shit hit the fan, everyone acted irrationally and I shut down since I knew I was emotionally compromised and not able to mod in an unbiased way, but I would've been the best person to handle this stuff fairly and steer my team better (other than the heroic folks who stuck around and are still here). Ultimately it's my error in judgment and personal weakness that is responsible for all of it.

Re: the ads, that's the ad industry sucking and our bad ad countermeasures inevitably being circumvented over time. My ad team will get back to me shortly and we'll get things sorted out. Bad ads here are not acceptable.

Re: cucks, I mean, you a bigot or something? It seems like a common fetish. Insecurity about your own sex life? Dunno.

Regardless, try reading the rest of the stuff in the thread, not just things you've designed yourself to be triggered with. Cheerio~

You're doing a great job. From here things can only go up.

The Mule

“Everyone I disagree with is alt-right”

You dropped your ink and swam away on this one:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/boys...arent-complaint.1463377/page-3#post-253321508

Then your next post was the quoted one complaining about about a vague alt-right boogeyman infestation. An inability to back up your arguments is not justification to claim everyone else is evil.
I stopped replying to that because it was going nowhere. You were just repeating yourself despite what you were saying being completely irrelevant. I know exactly what point you were trying to make. I "get" it, it's just not relevant. That seems to be completely missed on you, so I didn't see the point continuing.

Back up my arguments? What? That there were hypocrites in the thread? The posts are right there. Did you want me to go back through and point out each individual hypocritical remark? Well I'll just paraphrase for you, "All feminists are generalising that all men are evil." As for specific examples in that thread, I'll leave that as homework for the reader.

As for the problem with extreme alt-right views on NeoGAF, the most obvious case that I was recently involved with was the thread on Italy and Malta refusing port entry for a ship of migrants. There's some blatantly racist opinions in that thread, particularly from ruvikx.

Here are the posts where I tried responding to his deranged opinions.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ital...-also-nopes-out.1463033/page-3#post-253300905
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ital...-malta-also-nopes-out.1463033/#post-253296806

You'll be wanting specific examples of racism of course, so let me oblige (not just from ruvikx):

In their shoes I'd go home, or somewhere nearer to home with people of my own race, culture & religion.
Mmm, yes, lets perpetuate this myth of mono-culture.

At worst these people enter Europe & commit crimes/live on welfare
Yeah, cause only migrants do that, right?

Try to imagine your peoples homeland being flooded with people of a different religion
Keep those icky foreigners out of our country with their bizarre and scary "religions"!

and culture that have no respect for women.
Come on man, do I really have to keep providing examples?

"Oh, China looks like they're on the up, so come on chaps, let's all head to China & take their jobs, women & build our communities there. When they object, we'll call them bigots! Great idea!"
This is how these types of people think. These migrants are coming to steal "our" women...

Admit it, you simply hate Europe & whish to Africanise us. That's all. You're fuelled by hatred, i.e. hate which you project onto normal folk who reject a foreign invasion of their own ancestral land in order to mask your own contempt for us.
Do these sound like the words of a stable individual?

These are just the ones I bothered to respond to. And I should add that none of these posters are banned or warned for blatantly racist remarks and their posts are liked by several other posters. That thread was a huge red flag to me. If you can't see that too, I don't know what else to tell you. I don't think there's anything more I could say or show you to make a more convincing case. I'll admit that NeoGAF had an overzealous community and moderation before the "purge" (I even found myself on the pointy end of it a couple of times for slightly deviating from their view of how things should be; not banned, just berated), but at least it kept racist bullshit like that in check. Now, at best, it goes unnoticed, at worst it's implicitly tolerated.

NeoGAF definitely had problems before, I won't deny that. But it seems to have thrown the baby out with the bath water. This alternative-GAF has just replaced one problem with a new one. People are celebrating the dismantling of an echo chamber, but I'm worried that it's just creating a new one.

Why might this be happening? Why would Evilore allow this to happen? The pessimist in me would see it from purely selfish motivations. He lost a huge portion of his community (i.e. ad revenue) and is now looking to pivot to a new demographic and drive up numbers again. The more forgiving part of me would just put it down to the chaotic flux and mercurial nature of Internet, that's out of his control. It's probably a little from column A and a little column B.

bitbydeath

The Mule said:
In their shoes I'd go home, or somewhere nearer to home with people of my own race, culture & religion.

How's someone saying how they would handle a particular situation considered as mono-culture? I think you're taking that a bit far.
Labelling is bad mmmkay.

The Mule said:
At worst these people enter Europe & commit crimes/live on welfare

I think you skipped the bold part when reading.
Obviously this would happen.

The Mule said:
Try to imagine your peoples homeland being flooded with people of a different religion

Personally I think all religions should be banned, let's be consistent rather than just target one group.

The Mule said:
and culture that have no respect for women.

The culture/religion has little respect to women, not all in general.
I'm sure there are many who aren't tied to those aspects of the religion, just like Christianity and its views on slavery.

The Mule said:
"Oh, China looks like they're on the up, so come on chaps, let's all head to China & take their jobs, women & build our communities there. When they object, we'll call them bigots! Great idea!"

You can take migrants women too, not sure what you are arguing for with this one.

The Mule said:
Admit it, you simply hate Europe & whish to Africanise us. That's all. You're fuelled by hatred, i.e. hate which you project onto normal folk who reject a foreign invasion of their own ancestral land in order to mask your own contempt for us.

I agree, this one is going too far. Nobody should be labelling others.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I stopped replying to that because it was going nowhere. You were just repeating yourself despite what you were saying being completely irrelevant. I know exactly what point you were trying to make. I "get" it, it's just not relevant. That seems to be completely missed on you, so I didn't see the point continuing.

Back up my arguments? What? That there were hypocrites in the thread? The posts are right there. Did you want me to go back through and point out each individual hypocritical remark? Well I'll just paraphrase for you, "All feminists are generalising that all men are evil." As for specific examples in that thread, I'll leave that as homework for the reader.

As for the problem with extreme alt-right views on NeoGAF, the most obvious case that I was recently involved with was the thread on Italy and Malta refusing port entry for a ship of migrants. There's some blatantly racist opinions in that thread, particularly from ruvikx.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ital...-also-nopes-out.1463033/page-3#post-253300905
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ital...-malta-also-nopes-out.1463033/#post-253296806

You'll be wanting specific examples of racism of course, so let me oblige (not just from ruvikx):

Keep those icky foreigners out of our country with their bizarre and scary "religions"!

This is how these types of people think. These migrants are coming to steal "our" women...

These are just the ones I bothered to respond to. And I should add that none of these posters are banned or warned for blatantly racist remarks and their posts are liked by several other posters. That thread was a huge red flag to me. If you can't see that too, I don't know what else to tell you. I don't think there's anything more I could say or show you to make a more convincing case. I'll admit that NeoGAF had an overzealous community and moderation before the "purge" (I even found myself on the pointy end of it a couple of times for slightly deviating from their view of how things should be; not banned, just berated), but at least it kept racist bullshit like that in check. Now, at best, it goes unnoticed, at worst it's implicitly tolerated.

NeoGAF definitely had problems before, I won't deny that. But it seems to have thrown the baby out with the bath water. This alternative-GAF has just replaced one problem with a new one. People are celebrating the dismantling of an echo chamber, but I'm worried that it's just creating a new one.

Why might this be happening? Why would Evilore allow this to happen? The pessimist in me would see it from purely selfish motivations. He lost a huge portion of his community (i.e. ad revenue) and is now looking to pivot to a new demographic and drive up numbers again. The more forgiving part of me would just put it down to the chaotic flux and mercurial nature of Internet, that's out of his control. It's probably a little from column A and a little column B.

You were trying to assert that it's wrong to criticise feminism as a group as though it's somehow comparable to males as a group. Here is your exact quote:

"The "boys will be boys" thing doesn't bother me much. I think it's used to excuse unacceptable behaviour from boys at times, but I don't care if a shirt is sold with that on it.

But the overreaction and hypocrisy in this thread is hilarious. Someone will bemoan the generalisation of boys/men in one sentence, and then in the very next sentence say that this is why feminism/feminists are stupid. Amazing. "

Then here was my response:

"Feminism is an ideology (mutable), not a biological sex (immutable). "

And your next response:

"What's that got to do with the hypocrisy of not liking generalisation of one group and then going right ahead and generalising another group? "

Evidently, you did not understand that they are not comparable because they are not the same type of group. An individual chooses to be a feminist but does not choose to be born male. It's an apples and oranges comparison. You can't just ignore the mutability/immutability logic then tell me I'm repeating myself and run away when I elaborate.

Re: what ruvikx ruvikx said, I think he has some valid points that are said very bluntly and with zero care for political correctness. I don't agree with him on the race aspects but his points on cultural assimilation are worth discussing. This is dependent on understanding that race and culture are not the same. For example, an ethnically African person born in America will grow up to be culturally American. Like so many others, I think you've been conditioned to see any critical discussion even tangentially related to race or culture as being an absolute no-go zone, but if all you do is give in to the conditioning, cry "racist!" and leave, those ideas get to ferment without your peer review.

Kadayi

Banned
ITT people who don't get that a forum is made up of a multitude of different voices with different opinions on subjects, some of which might offend you.

ruvikx

Banned

You're obviously unaware of the concept of moral relativism, i.e. as a global forum, Neogaf incorporates users (myself in this instance) who're from a different part of the world in a reality you most likely have zero comprehension of - at all. You use my post in an attempt to prove I'm "unstable", whereas right here, right now, we have 11 million or so (those who voted FN, i.e. there are many more - especially within generation Z) who believe I do not go far enough & my views are 'lame & centrist'!

The 'subjective' nature of extremism also plays a role as well, i.e. when we have an influx of foreigners who practise a religion which has been decidedly hostile towards Christianity & Europe since its inception (I needn't rehash all the wars/invasions between Islam & Europe), you might 'guess' why people here are getting very, very concerned by this mass African/North African migration & perceive the pro-migration/open borders crowd as de-facto political extremists themselves who aid & abet the arrival of a hostile religion (with behaviors contrary to the values here) in a very secular Republic.

Throwing millions of devout Muslims into France is akin to pouring boiling oil into cold water. If you believe people who oppose this are 'unstable', well, I can only say you're very wrong. It's actually quite comical to sit in a bubble (internet/social media/other country, i.e. I presume you're not French) passing judgement on another people & country. Hint: don't presume to apply your own morality to our part of the world because the situation on the ground dictates a very different 'right versus wrong'.

Personally speaking the "ur a racist" shtick has been utterly corrupted by sick people who now literally use it as a stick to beat all Europeans with & a pretext to literally change huge areas of this continent into majority Islamic zones. It's rather sick. Former GAF would have labelled me a Nazi & perma banned me instantly, but that's one of the reasons 'why' the left lost Hillary the election in America (& also why Brexit happened, the AfD is rising & the FN scores so highly): normal people with normal concerns born out of their own national/personal situation are being trashed as 'nazis' by ignorants who're hellbent on virtue signalling without concern (or understanding) vis-à-vis 'why' we have a different worldview.

American

Banned
I love how we have a cuck comment in the first 5 replies. I also love how I get invasive ads the second I log in. But I love most how EL’s carefully selected mods are now the bad guys.

Wtf are you talking about?

I just checked the first page and the only guy who makes a
ITT people who don't get that a forum is made up of a multitude of different voices with different opinions on subjects, some of which might offend you.

Almost like... real life. Almost like... planet Earth.

Shiki_

Banned
There was an awesome poster who was banned for using a rune factory Arab Loli as avatar, who was it?

It was a Etrian Oddysey IV avatar.

LL0rh9um1nGsjBJh8BhUIu6AoZfImT4PNmq6OrSyskvbOZn8doqw1JcpX8ooYqb2Br9wdiIj4VGHMy_tZBAPBbFm_ZoHqbrHFDfKCxxFeki_F9LNLDkOM9nh-bHg2-2Wq57lsjHDbP06SDlKTURxYNllgebl4w8p_ABZVyisDr4WYQ74yaqEWN1vecJgj4B2nz9KFi-2vsAwU2HRMy0MlCAFiT4RpP8c9w=w228-h294-nc

Don't worry about him, he will never return here, as should be.

Corrik

I read the thread you linked.

You are discussing illegal immigration.

He sounds very anti-illegal immigration. You are not providing context when he says they could go to their own areas of culture. He is saying instead of trying to illegal enter our country they could go to one of these areas instead.

I think his remarks are a tad rough around the edges. I do not liken that to Alt-Right at all.

He wants limits on immigration so that society is not overtaken by a different culture. We do have limits on immigration. That is why we have illegal immigration issues. It stresses society.

Some people do concern me. But, I do not think anyone has shown to be Alt-Right here. I think a lot of you are just in shock at seeing conservative opinions expressed after being for so long moderated to only allow liberal ones.

Yes, conservatives are strongly anti-illegal immigration. At the root, conservatism means to want the nation as it originally was. Liberalism wants to progress to something new. It is a fundamental difference in outlook, and it is why opinions can verge pretty wildly from side to side.

Nicktendo86

I disagree on Bish. He was popular. Like, a GAF celebrity. He was celebrated.

PPL don't make .gifs of someone who is loathed.

When SweetNicole and her posse shows up, discussion ends, and unless you post one way, the bans begin.

But we already have a thread on Era. Let's keep it contained there.
He was certainly a celebrity and people were more than happy to feed his ego. The hero worshiping of Bish was one of the most bizarre things I have seen around here.

Nicktendo86

One thing that frustrates me about forums are controversial bans that are then forced to the PMs. It absolutely frustrated me on GAF. Any attempt at discussion or different opinions on bans resulted in a ban for derailing a thread. I get that it's important to not get worked up over every ban. It's untenable for a forum. Every ban or mod action can't and shouldn't be run as a democracy. But there are a lot of things the GAF community was very unhappy about, over and over again, and being forced to never address it pissed people off. Evilore had his post history dug up and people left using that excuse, but it's disingenuous to believe suppression of forum moderation discussion had no effect on the implosion.

Same crap is happening at Reset: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ap...anias-visit-to-a-child-internment-camp.52537/

If this forum again welcomes community discussion and opinions, and Reset is oppression era GAF, I'm moving back here. And thank goodness the forum software is finally updated. It's superb now and not old or amateur hour. I know it cost money but you have to invest in your business.

Finally, can I have my tag back?
Good to see you back here AJ, need to get your yearly trolling of apple users back up and running ;)

Nicktendo86

I don't know what got SmokyDave banned but that guy was awesome. I'm not sure if it happened during banfest though.
Ahhh yeah SmokeyDave was the first person I thought of, didn't always agree but great poster and really miss him around here.

Having “celebrity” mods seems to be a problem on a number of sites I visit. Given just a tiny amount of power, people get lost in the sauce.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Having “celebrity” mods seems to be a problem on a number of sites I visit. Given just a tiny amount of power, people get lost in the sauce.

Yep. I have a system in R&D to go a step further with addressing this concern without undermining the necessary functions of the mod team. Stay tuned.

Also welcome back @ the latest group of returning gaffers. :goog_giggle:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So happy to see old faces show up again ♥

Kacho

Cool to see some familiar faces return. I’d like to see this place become a force again with the new direction.

Last edited:
It was an opportunity for a joke, and he took it. I would have added a smiley face to inject some more levity, but that's neither here nor there. I wouldn't think about it too hard.

I don't think you get that he is trolling you. He knew exactly what you meant. Just roll with it and troll back, let's bring some more fun back to this thread! :D

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't think you get that he is trolling you. He knew exactly what you meant. Just roll with it and troll back, let's bring some more fun back to this thread! :D
Well, if that's the case, then I will leave him to his prematurely ejaculating ways. 🍆💦:(

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
It was a Etrian Oddysey IV avatar.

LL0rh9um1nGsjBJh8BhUIu6AoZfImT4PNmq6OrSyskvbOZn8doqw1JcpX8ooYqb2Br9wdiIj4VGHMy_tZBAPBbFm_ZoHqbrHFDfKCxxFeki_F9LNLDkOM9nh-bHg2-2Wq57lsjHDbP06SDlKTURxYNllgebl4w8p_ABZVyisDr4WYQ74yaqEWN1vecJgj4B2nz9KFi-2vsAwU2HRMy0MlCAFiT4RpP8c9w=w228-h294-nc

Don't worry about him, he will never return here, as should be.
Given your last activity i am heavily getting the impression you aren't here to openly discuss matters (As that one time that you were invited to, you weren't interested in that) but just to make witty remarks about GAF. I am all for criticizing both GAF, ERA, VOAT, KIWI and THE BORE, as long as it contains some kind of substance. So far, i haven't really seen that from you, so i'd like to invite you to that dance :)

Elliot Rodger. That's all you need to know.

A true magician never does.
Unless it is Dynamo (and a host of camera's recording it).

Last edited:

Shiki_

Banned
Given your last activity i am heavily getting the impresison you aren't here openly discuss matters (As that one time that you were invited to, you weren't interested in that) but just to make witty remarks about GAF. I am all for criticizing both GAF, ERA, VOAT, KIWI and THE BORE, as long as it contains some kind of substance. So far, i haven't really seen that from you, so i'd like to invite you to that dance :)

I mean, I was saying my friend has higher standards than myself. He won't like to being remembered from those who are here.

Last edited:
Cauliflower of Love Cauliflower of Love I have a question about your premature ejaculation if I may...are you by any chance circumcised? It's just I've heard that can increase how long it takes you to ejaculate so I was wondering if it's true or not. People say it is less sensitive and you can't get women pregnant if you are circumcised because it protects you from all the viruses like fatherhood. Thoughts?

greyshark

Cauliflower of Love Cauliflower of Love I have a question about your premature ejaculation if I may...are you by any chance circumcised? It's just I've heard that can increase how long it takes you to ejaculate so I was wondering if it's true or not. People say it is less sensitive and you can't get women pregnant if you are circumcised because it protects you from all the viruses like fatherhood. Thoughts?

This thread has taken a strange turn.

I'm so thick, that most vaginas put too much pressure and cause me to ejaculate suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom