• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Wow. Lots of old faces. I like both forums have no ill toward either.

I just wish it moved quicker here. I do like the new, chiller vibe.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yoshichan Yoshichan That's a pretty reasonable Stump ban for the time, but Cindi was a long time gaffer and it's understandable that someone would be frustrated and negative given the atmosphere in 2017, so I've lifted the perm and notified them that their account is restored. Thanks for bringing it to attention and feel free to submit review requests on behalf of other users like that. :goog_smile:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan Yoshichan That's a pretty reasonable Stump ban for the time, but Cindi was a long time gaffer and it's understandable that someone would be frustrated and negative given the atmosphere in 2017, so I've lifted the perm and notified them that their account is restored. Thanks for bringing it to attention and feel free to submit review requests on behalf of other users like that. :goog_smile:
Incredible work, thanks so much EviLore!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wel this explained why i always felt like walking on eggshells when saying trump was not a nazi.
I still got temp banned around the election.
For some bullshit reason.
But wow what a complete asshole thanks for sharing.

I really hope neogaf will never be this bad again

Thanks EviLore.

Could you possibly unlock this thread (also probably locked by Stump)?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/on-the-election-result-racism-and-blaming-white-people.1313013/

I feel it’s even more relevant these days and it was prematurely closed at the time.

Thanks.

NickFire

Saw thread, took a chance with a PM, and have my old name back and accounts merged. :cool: Thanks EL, and if anyone is worried about putting their head in the "lion's mouth" I was known as CatsHateDogs for a few months here.

FireEmoji

Banned
I'm wearing Givenchy flip flops and some lululemon men's shorts.

And uh, I'm glad people are getting unbanned, on topic posting and whatnot.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Good job on reviewing the bans and being very open about the banning process...unlike some other sites which we wont mention the moderation has gone to shit.

Keep being open and level on both sides and well all get along

I'll be honest, I'm usually on the gaming side but it's funny visiting Era and seeing all former mods here like Duckroll, Y2Kev and Nirolak pushing the same agenda they had here... only not as mods this time.

Glad to see this forum become so much better recently without all these tyrants running the show.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Free LyleLanly, he fucks

(he's bi)
You just had to make that reference do you?

I'll be honest, I'm usually on the gaming side but it's funny visiting Era and seeing all former mods here like Duckroll, Y2Kev and Nirolak pushing the same agenda they had here... only not as mods this time.

Glad to see this forum become so much better recently without all these tyrants running the show.
I actually like Nirolak for his topics that always provide those interesting details on gaming that you don't think of. But that's just one aspect ofcourse. I don't know much about his other stuff, but his threads usually are ace, a very valueable resource if you ask me.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I don't love it.

The aforementioned mod used to be on the level and I had known him online since I was 14. His old bans were not abusive that I've seen. I did put care into the mod selection process. When shit hit the fan, everyone acted irrationally and I shut down since I knew I was emotionally compromised and not able to mod in an unbiased way, but I would've been the best person to handle this stuff fairly and steer my team better (other than the heroic folks who stuck around and are still here). Ultimately it's my error in judgment and personal weakness that is responsible for all of it.

Re: the ads, that's the ad industry sucking and our bad ad countermeasures inevitably being circumvented over time. My ad team will get back to me shortly and we'll get things sorted out. Bad ads here are not acceptable.

Re: cucks, I mean, you a bigot or something? It seems like a common fetish. Insecurity about your own sex life? Dunno.

Regardless, try reading the rest of the stuff in the thread, not just things you've designed yourself to be triggered with. Cheerio~

I apologize for the brash comment. It wasn’t called for, I didn’t read the thread, and I was angry about other things at the time.

Edit: HOWEVER is that cuck comment some kind of an inside joke? It doesn’t seem to be referring to people with an actual cuckold fetish. I hope you can see how it’s a bad look with no context (if there is any context)

Last edited:
You dont have to test the waters to see with how much you can get away with, lets be honest. Speak out. Interact. Those subtle snarks... Why use them? :)

I wasn't testing waters, I was making a meta joke because that's the phrase that got lyle permed.

I'm sure the new lore can see humour in it and free lylelanley #.

Last edited:

GrayFoxRJ

Banned
No. I mean, I love the Etrian series, and I find cute the Dancer class artwork.

It just happen I know him.

Hmm, he is the guy that even after being banned brown-nosed the moderators and the community to a skyhigh level on Twitter. I thought he and guy banned for defending Dana's costume for Ys 8 were fine.

Higher standards? Not sure if you are implying a derogative sense to this board, or to him. Anyway, just asked because it was a very shocking moment as a lurker for me back then. Let him be where he is happy.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
If we are doing so.

Can we please unban

@SmokeyDave and ZOMFWTFBBQ..or whatever his name? The stock market analyst with Stella as his avatar.

I apologize for the brash comment. It wasn’t called for, I didn’t read the thread, and I was angry about other things at the time.

Edit: HOWEVER is that cuck comment some kind of an inside joke? It doesn’t seem to be referring to people with an actual cuckold fetish. I hope you can see how it’s a bad look with no context (if there is any context)

From what I gather, "Cuck" is used to describe someone who willingly bends over to anyone with an opposing view, the very same way a Husband let's his wife bend over for another man, just to fulfill a fantasy of self degradation by being ok with a wife cheating on him, right in front of him.

That's how I see it anyways.

From what I gather, "Cuck" is used to describe someone who willingly bends over to anyone with an opposing view, the very same way a Husband let's his wife bend over for another man, just to fulfill a fantasy of self degradation by being ok with a wife cheating on him, right in front of him.

That's how I see it anyways.

More modernly, cuck is what the alt-right uses to refer to liberals

More modernly, cuck is what the alt-right uses to refer to liberals

I can't say i disagree with that, but the more prevalent use of the word has been used to describe "Beta Males" and "White Knights" One can argue it might be the new term for "Beta Males" in itself.
I don't call other men Betas, I call them Bitches, if it suits them. That's how you get a real man fired up, when you want to insult him. With that said, I don't do that and wouldn't want to unless things got extremely heated and to be sure, I attempt to avoid confrontation if I can help it.

But, I digress. I have seen people use it as political buzzword slander too. Which is why I said I agree.

I don't know if rozay even looks at gaf anymore, but he got banned by lore over smartphone wars.

It was at the height of smartphone wars to be fair, but it always felt random and kinda messed up.

#freerozay

(I'm very aware than I keep harping at bans that lore has made)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom