• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat are you actually asking got the Like and Reaction system to be moderated?
Once again, you enter a topic ignore a very clear question and decide to ask questions based on something that wasn't even said.

If you would like to know what I asked, try reading my question.

And that comment about wants to discuss in good faith is horse shit coming from you when you disregard everything i say to you with a copy and paste message.
Ah, the pretence at sincerity didn't even make it to the end of the post.

The hypocrisy to mope about 'disregarding everything I say' whilst you demonstrate that you disregard what people say is not lost on me.

Thanks for quoting me, and thanks for showing why that quote is accurate.

BraveOne

Once again, you enter a topic ignore a very clear question and decide to ask questions based on something that wasn't even said.

If you would like to know what I asked, try reading my question.

You're clearly upset because AK has used the reaction menu to slap a triggered face on some of your post. That's why you've posted in the Ban Review thread to see where within the TOS this falls under, but ironically that post was met with a ton of triggered reactions

Ah, the pretence at sincerity didn't even make it to the end of the post.

The hypocrisy to mope about 'disregarding everything I say' whilst you demonstrate that you disregard what people say is not lost on me.

Thanks for quoting me, and thanks for showing why that quote is accurate.

It's not accurate because you haven't proven it since I came back to GAF. And from what I've seen you've chased AK through quite a few threads posting the same comment repeatedly. Look at the Dutch Police thread its an absolute embarrassment on your behalf a constant barrage of insults and name calling coming from you.

AfricanKing AfricanKing correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
You're clearly upset because AK has used the reaction menu to slap a triggered face on some of your post. That's why you've posted in the Ban Review thread to see where within the TOS this falls under, but ironically that post was met with a ton of triggered reactions
I asked a question.

You're creating another narrative.

Your persistence in ignoring what is actually said is why I can't regard you as credible.
You are now doubling down on having ignored my question and are creating narrative upon narrative.

If you want to know what I asked, read my question.

It's not accurate because you haven't proven it since I came back to GAF.
When you jumped on me in a recent thread (I think it was the still-active Jussie Smollet one) and your faux-sincerity evaporated very quickly and your same-as-ever agenda quickly became apparent.
When you jumped on me in this thread your faux-sincerity didn't even survive until the end of the post.

So, what you quoted is entirely accurate.
I don't need to prove it as you do the job for me. You've done it on this page.

And from what I've seen you've chased AK through quite a few threads posting the same comment repeatedly. Look at the Dutch Police thread its an absolute embarrassment on your behalf a constant barrage of insults and name calling coming from you.

@AfricanKing correct me if I'm wrong

Ah, the aggressor-as-the-victim gambit.

If you're unwilling or unable to engage in good faith then that's on you.
Calling in other bad actors to support your bad faith behaviour is not quite the master-stroke you think it is.

And remember: Who jumped into this thread to argue someone on something they didn't even say? :unsure:

Last edited:

AfricanKing

I asked a question.

You're creating another narrative.

Your persistence in ignoring what is actually said is why I can't regard you as credible.
You are now doubling down on having ignored my question and are creating narrative upon narrative.

If you want to know what I asked, read my question.

When you jumped on me in a recent thread (I think it was the still-active Jussie Smollet one) and your faux-sincerity evaporated very quickly and your same-as-ever agenda quickly became apparent.
When you jumped on me in this thread your faux-sincerity didn't even survive until the end of the post.

So, what you quoted is entirely accurate.
I don't need to prove it as you do the job for me. You've done it on this page.

Ah, the aggressor-as-the-victim gambit.

If you're unwilling or unable to engage in good faith then that's on you.
Calling in other bad actors to support your bad faith behaviour is not quite the master-stroke you think it is.

And remember: Who jumped into this thread to argue someone on something they didn't even say? :unsure:

He's not lying. You keep on going on about him jumping into a conversation, that's exactly what you've been doing to me for over a month now. In unrelated topics when im in mid-conversation with another gaf member you walk in with your hot takes and derail. The majority of your posts in that Dutch Police thread where aimed at me its a horrid display from you and hopefully you now know better.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
He's not lying. You keep on going on about him jumping into a conversation, that's exactly what you've been doing to me for over a month now. In unrelated topics when im in mid-conversation with another gaf member you walk in with your hot takes and derail. The majority of your posts in that Dutch Police thread where aimed at me its a horrid display from you and hopefully you now know better.
To be fair, have you ever seen him engage in any discussion with anything that resembles good faith? No one, who does not agree with him, is ever able or willing to understand or properly engage with anything he says. Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat rivals Cunth Cunth in terms of being the forum troll. Just minus self-awareness and humour.

More allies arrive to create narratives at the expense of what was a actually said.

This last one known to persistently rely on misrepresentation whenever they engage.

Note: I haven't named any names, but the familiar cabal flocking to continue the narrative speaks volumes.

I don't like liars. I don't like bullies.
I don't have any concern in saying so.

Last edited:

Yoshi

More allies arrive to create narratives at the expense of what was a actually said.

This last one known to persistently rely on misrepresentation whenever they engage.

Note: I haven't named any names, but the familiar cabal flocking to continue the narrative speaks volumes.

I don't like liars. I don't like bullies.
I don't have any concern in saying so.
Congratualtions on not giving any names, the subtlety considering the number of different posters in between your two posts is astounding :).

Congratualtions on not giving any names, the subtlety considering the number of different posters in between your two posts is astounding :).
Should anyone actually ask based on my posed question I am happy to not only provide names but examples.

Unlike some, I don't fling accusations around, misrepresent and create narratives and hope to smear people I disagree with simply because I don't have credible substance on which to base a proper argument.

In the interest of diplomacy, I've not done that in this thread.

But, know this, the fuss created by me simply asking a question has seen bad actors not only expose themselves, but demonstrate their bad faith in this very thread.
I didn't ask these bad actors to appear. They voluntarily jumped in and even invited other bad actors to follow.
And here they are.

I was told to repost this here:

[Good evening everyone.

I'm sort of new here, but I have a bit of a more urgent problem that needs to be addressed. I had seen while lurking that the admins can unban wrongfully banned accounts from the split-up and combine them together which I would like to do, but from what I can tell, you guys have already given my old account to someone else.

Almost all of the posts I can remember have been replaced by a "hunert smoke" which doesn't make anysense, because searching the forums he has a DIFFERENT older account that is still left alone. So for the recent Hunert Smoke account, which is banned, you seemed to have fused my account into his.

Now I know this may seem hard to believe but I have proof, my old account was "The Suave Gex" and here's a link to Google search results searching for that username on Neogaf.com

As you can see Google keeps a record of the site before the changes were made. The first result that comes up on Google has this description: Mar 12, 2017 - The Suave Gex said: I remember Crpg meaning Computer Rpgs, and those included games like Elder Scrolls Arena. Unless you are talking ...

You can also see other threads, such as the VF3 thread, that have my old username, and when you click on the results and search for those posts, they are all by "Microsoft Hunert Smoke" and not the Suave Gex like Google archived. Looking through the older part of new Smokes posting history it shows he really does have all my old posts.

The only explanation I can think of is that you guys fused my account into his, by accident or for some other reason. I'm not sure if it's still possible to get that account back but I wanted to point this out since this greatly impacts my ability to get my old account back and melded into this new one. ]

Papa

Banned
I recall Microsoft Hunert Smoke being impatient as fuck and being told to calm his titties in this thread. How do we know this isn't the same guy?

Iimpatient as fuck and being told to calm his titties in this thread.

I don't know what you're talking about, but I've only posted in this thread twice, and in the other one Mista told me to post here. I only started posting today.

If you read my above post you will see that the issue I am having is that there may have been a mistake. I am not familiar with the new layout of the site or who the new admins are so I though I would ask that question. No one has come to tell me "to calm down" since I've barely posted anything.

However, your statement about the guy who got my account "being
impatient" does aid my suspicions that this user tricked the Admins into stealing my account. But I don't know why, his old account is still in tact, I'm confused as to why he would steal mine or anyone elses.

Yoshi

However, your statement about the guy who got my account "being
impatient" does aid my suspicions that this user tricked the Admins into stealing my account. But I don't know why, his old account is still in tact, I'm confused as to why he would steal mine or anyone elses.
Maybe he was jealous of your postings :).

I was told to repost this here:

[Good evening everyone.

I'm sort of new here, but I have a bit of a more urgent problem that needs to be addressed. I had seen while lurking that the admins can unban wrongfully banned accounts from the split-up and combine them together which I would like to do, but from what I can tell, you guys have already given my old account to someone else.

Almost all of the posts I can remember have been replaced by a "hunert smoke" which doesn't make anysense, because searching the forums he has a DIFFERENT older account that is still left alone. So for the recent Hunert Smoke account, which is banned, you seemed to have fused my account into his.

Now I know this may seem hard to believe but I have proof, my old account was "The Suave Gex" and here's a link to Google search results searching for that username on Neogaf.com

As you can see Google keeps a record of the site before the changes were made. The first result that comes up on Google has this description: Mar 12, 2017 - The Suave Gex said: I remember Crpg meaning Computer Rpgs, and those included games like Elder Scrolls Arena. Unless you are talking ...

You can also see other threads, such as the VF3 thread, that have my old username, and when you click on the results and search for those posts, they are all by "Microsoft Hunert Smoke" and not the Suave Gex like Google archived. Looking through the older part of new Smokes posting history it shows he really does have all my old posts.

The only explanation I can think of is that you guys fused my account into his, by accident or for some other reason. I'm not sure if it's still possible to get that account back but I wanted to point this out since this greatly impacts my ability to get my old account back and melded into this new one. ]

So I made this post about a week ago and I still haven't heard from any admins on this issue. So I just wanted to know if anyone could point there attention here.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
D Digital Gex There's no system record of an account merge with Microsofts Hunert Smoke taking place since we've been on Xenforo, and it wasn't possible to do so on vb3, so it was presumably a username change by the account holder. You're claiming to be the account holder.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
EviLore EviLore :
Did Herzogzwei1989 ever came back to you since this post? As in: Was he notified that a request for his appeal was made and you considered it justified, but if they did a direct email appeal, it could be addressed seperately?

Subquestion: Does a Megadrive1988 account exist on GAF since i postulated that it might be the same guy as HerzogZwei?

On a similar note, can user Camineet be checked? Posted similar kinds of stuff, may very well be an alt, but their stuff is tremendously informational.

EDIT: Clarification.

Last edited:
D Digital Gex There's no system record of an account merge with Microsofts Hunert Smoke taking place since we've been on Xenforo, and it wasn't possible to do so on vb3, so it was presumably a username change by the account holder. You're claiming to be the account holder.

Nothing you said makes sense

The Google link I provided shows the old posts original username being the suave gex.

In this thread he has posted about merging:

In another one he said it was completed:

So he had to ask a mod to do something for him. So there couldn't have been a name change there had to be a merger, Google still had record of the old account name meaning that he had to have selected my account for merger because when you click on the Google links all my posts shown in the Google descriptions are all replaced by his name on the actual site.

This is suspicious since his old account was NOT the one he selected for merger:

So I'm fairly 99% sure my account was hijacked and fused into his. Don't know why as he had an old account but my question is if the account can be retrieved back or not.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
So I guess not?
As you can tell he also has yet to address mines. It is indeed strange that the account has multiple names associated with it, but i find it dubious that Hunert Smoke would specifically pick your account for it.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Bring him back sooner 😢
fat-val-kilmer.jpg

God Enel

From the discord, it was stated that he was openly harassing members he disagreed with, antagonizing them with PMs, reporting them en-masse in an effort to get them banned, and more.

That’s sad. I always thought he’s a nice guy. What happened?
Read the thread and is it really banworthy?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That’s sad. I always thought he’s a nice guy. What happened?
Read the thread and is it really banworthy?

Patterns of behavior. He had to have his reporting privileges removed for repeatedly reporting anyone who disagreed with him, continuing to hold a conversation with people while reporting every one of their posts in attempts to get them banned. At the same time, he would berate and harass anyone who disengaged with him, often following them around the forum.

He has obsessive tendencies and rarely if ever responded to moderation directives. See this thread for example where he had to be reply banned: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supp...pecs-was-leaked.1472198/page-5#post-253786234

After he himself disengaged somewhat from his regular commentary posts in the off-site community thread, he has been actively trying to stifle other people at doing the same thing he had been doing on a daily basis for a year. He pushed to get the off-site thread locked with him as the official chronicler/historian, but when there was pushback against that notion he didn't handle it well. He acts as if he's in charge of NeoGAF, more or less.

He's not.

Reply-banned, sounds like a new feature.

Does the new forum software have other granular features such as "thread banning" (banning someone from a thread) instead of a full on site ban? I always thought that would be useful (for those who generally behave but get worked up in particular threads: example - politics).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reply-banned, sounds like a new feature.

Does the new forum software have other granular features such as "thread banning" (banning someone from a thread) instead of a full on site ban? I always thought that would be useful (for those who generally behave but get worked up in particular threads: example - politics).

Yeah, it does, as seen in the thread above.

God Enel

Patterns of behavior. He had to have his reporting privileges removed for repeatedly reporting anyone who disagreed with him, continuing to hold a conversation with people while reporting every one of their posts in attempts to get them banned. At the same time, he would berate and harass anyone who disengaged with him, often following them around the forum.

He has obsessive tendencies and rarely if ever responded to moderation directives. See this thread for example where he had to be reply banned: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/supp...pecs-was-leaked.1472198/page-5#post-253786234

After he himself disengaged somewhat from his regular commentary posts in the off-site community thread, he has been actively trying to stifle other people at doing the same thing he had been doing on a daily basis for a year. He pushed to get the off-site thread locked with him as the official chronicler/historian, but when there was pushback against that notion he didn't handle it well. He acts as if he's in charge of NeoGAF, more or less.

He's not.

I never knew that. He seemed kinda obsessive in hindsight as he put a lot of effort (at least in regards to length) into his posts and I thought they weren’t bad or anything but as a “normal regular” user you don’t see how many people someone reports. And to be honest I’m quite surprised by that. I would’ve never assumed that he acts like that. To me he was always a more of “let’s discuss that” type of guy.. guess I was wrong.

Thank you so much for clarification.

Still I think he was a good member for the community here and I’m still sad that he had to go.
But yeah.. he wasn’t in charge and neither am I. ;)

Athena~

Banned
Still I think he was a good member for the community here and I’m still sad that he had to go.

I second this. Based on what I read he was a valuable member and contributed much more than I ever did. Hopefully he’s given a chance to post again in the future.

Also I was in the middle of the conversation with him so now I don’t know if I should respond.

Anyhow I want to apologize for being too critical of him. Just frustrated because I was enjoying his posts until he’s taken a heel turn to the opposite direction recently. Worrying now Jordan might do the same.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

I always found redneckerz strange. He was always contradicting himself. Like, one post he would make fun of Ree and in the next post defend them. I don’t know, but it always felt like he had some kind of hidden agenda to me.

And then there was his constant attempts at forum policing. He’d admonish members here for doing exactly the same things he had done himself. Also, trying to set forum rules himself and openly advocating for mod priveleges.

He was a weird cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom