• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

People can improve themselves if they want to. This is not like a trigger-happy-to-ban forum. He has the chance to change the attitude now. It's up to him to accept that.
I’m all for forgiveness and personal growth, but when the guy is arguing—over a sustained period of time—that the kid deserved to be killed, while seemingly (and gleefully) wishing for someone else to meet the same fate, I’m not really sure how we benefit from his presence.

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
People still arguing about brap? Very little he said was wrong. This "kid" was not exactly innocent in her behaviour. Does saying that mean she deserved to be murdered? No, except to inept dyslexics.

She was playing a dangerous game, and brap wasn't surpised she ended up in a dangerous situation because of it. The worst is that his comments were perhaps unnecessary and insensitive?

The warning and temp ban is fair enough.

This is just my opinion naturally and how I understood it at the time. Feel free to correct with quotes where he was stating things that you accuse him of.

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
but when the guy is arguing—over a sustained period of time—that the kid deserved to be killed, while seemingly (and gleefully) wishing for someone else to meet the same fate
That's not true. Quote it. You know what? I will spare you the time and trouble.

How long until Bell Daphne gets her ugly head lopped off?

Frankly, you're an idiot if you process it as of deserving to be murdered, let alone "gleefully". One is a question and the other a statement. As you seem to have a trouble of understanding: the reason why brap mentioned Belle Delphine is simple. To him, Belle Delphine is playing a very similar game to Bianca, which -- if you actually would care to educate yourself about what happened -- is factually correct. What's also a fact is that Bianca was murdered, literally no questions about it. By having two people in a similar situation, how is it wrong making the connection and asking how long until it might happen to the other one, or even another one in general? It's a pretty damn harmless question, despite the choice of words. The question doesn't even seem like a very serious one to begin with.

The only one he wished death for (quote: "I hope he dies") was the perpetrator, which ironically no one mentions. But other things that never happened? Yup, he totally said it.

Being unsympathetic about someone's death does not mean one is supportive of that person being murdered.

Ergo,

Jumping to conclusions: The Thread.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Frankly, you're an idiot if you process it as of deserving to be murdered, let alone "gleefully". One is a question and the other a statement. As you seem to have a trouble of understanding: the reason why brap mentioned Belle Delphine is simple. To him, Belle Delphine is playing a very similar game to Bianca, which -- if you actually would care to educate yourself about what happened -- is factually correct. What's also a fact is that Bianca was murdered, literally no questions about it. By having two people in a similar situation, how is it wrong making the connection and asking how long until it might happen to the other one, or even another one in general? It's a pretty damn harmless question, despite the choice of words. The question doesn't even seem like a very serious one to begin with.
You do realise the part where he calls it her "ugly head"? The tone of that posting certainly indicates he would be happy about it and I find this posting extremely disturbing.

Papa

Banned
I’m all for forgiveness and personal growth, but when the guy is arguing—over a sustained period of time—that the kid deserved to be killed, while seemingly (and gleefully) wishing for someone else to meet the same fate, I’m not really sure how we benefit from his presence.

He wasn’t wishing for it; he was predicting it. Big difference. Yes, his comments were unempathetic and tactless and deserving of a temp ban but let’s not embellish just to feed the ravenous outrage monster.

I wasn't hoping for it to happen but if something like that does happen would that really be surprising?

“I wasn’t hoping for it to happen”

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
You do realise the part where he calls it her "ugly head"? The tone of that posting certainly indicates he would be happy about it and I find this posting extremely disturbing.

Tone is definitely very off putting, but that's also mostly what copped the ban from what I can gather from the ban message. This isn't a poster who I care to engage with at all, and I'm not overly optimistic they'll change their posting style as they tend to be pretty abrasive, but I still think the temp ban is fine. Give them a chance to change. Few do when it comes to online posting style based on what I've seen in 20+ years on forums, but might as well give people the change unless the first offense is a major forum rules violation and warrants a perm. And that should be a very high bar as permabans shouldn't be tossed out like candy like they used to be here or on Era currently. Especially not as this community continues to try and rebuild traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned

Get lost, Yoshi. Stop campaigning for people to get outcast like you’re some kind of moral authority. It’s fucking pathetic. Brap was being immature and flippant but he knows it and said later in the thread “I'd remove the ugly part if I could”. It’s stunning that you would want to perm someone who shows introspection yet you handwave away any criticism of your buddy NI who has shown countless times that he’s incapable of it.

I remember when lefties used to campaign for rehabilitation-focused prison reform to replace the punitive system, but you’re practically arguing for the internet version of the latter. You’re just as bad as any of the Resetera cancel culture fuckwits. It’s a shame they banned you.

Ol'Scratch

I just think that sometimes people need to know when to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes instead of escalating and having to "win". Me? I am fucking terrible at it. I am fucking thankful as hel...err....fuck that Evilore and the mod crew here will say "Hey chill your shit out" instead of immediately taking the ban hammer and if you still do not step back it is still just a time out. The other shithole would give you a 12 gauge brainus just for going against the grain. Perming needs to be only for something irredeemable and Brap did not come near that.

Papa

Banned
I just think that sometimes people need to know when to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes instead of escalating and having to "win". Me? I am fucking terrible at it. I am fucking thankful as hel...err....fuck that Evilore and the mod crew here will say "Hey chill your shit out" instead of immediately taking the ban hammer and if you still do not step back it is still just a time out. The other shithole would give you a 12 gauge brainus just for going against the grain. Perming needs to be only for something irredeemable and Brap did not come near that.

That’s the thing. People need to learn “when to step away from the keyboard”. If we just exile them immediately at the first fuck up, they don’t get that opportunity. I guess the lack of forgiveness, which is a function of empathy, is what really pisses me off, because it typically comes from those who preach the most about empathy. Hypocritical fucks.

NickFire

That’s the thing. People need to learn “when to step away from the keyboard”. If we just exile them immediately at the first fuck up, they don’t get that opportunity. I guess the lack of forgiveness, which is a function of empathy, is what really pisses me off, because it typically comes from those who preach the most about empathy. Hypocritical fucks.
It's not hypocritical if you extend empathy to everyone but Nazi's, and also believe everyone you don't like is a Nazi.

Ol'Scratch

I am the last person to start spouting kumbaya shit let me say that right now, but the last thing that needs to happen is people to start warring on each other and getting aggro on each other. Just be excellent to each other. Respect the titties. Respect the booty. Respect each other. We are here to have enjoy ourselves. One set of grands were off the boat from Donegal, the other from Brasov. I had enough Catholic guilt by the time I was a teen to last a lifetime. (That being said if something does piss me off, I will say so it is who I am. Never hesitate to say I am wrong and never hesitate to say chill. Just not fan of attacks out of nowhere especially if I have never spoken to you before and you do not bring any actual information)

Last edited:
brap brap when his ban period completes.

giphy.gif

I haven't been here in a while but my real-life friend Transhuman told me he got banned for this post

Pretty mean to make jokes about someone's appearance, and considering the cruel things people have said about your appearance in the past I would have thought you'd have empathy in that respect.

Not a dig, just thought it was worth reminding you of.
and overall it seems less mean-spirited than the comment he was replying to so it seems a little excessive. do you guys ban people for stuff like this often nowadays?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I haven't been here in a while but my real-life friend Transhuman told me he got banned for this post

and overall it seems less mean-spirited than the comment he was replying to so it seems a little excessive. do you guys ban people for stuff like this often nowadays?
Last post October 2017? Interesting. What happened buddy? Where you been? Tell Transhuman I say hi.

nush

Gold Member

drax.jpg

Papa

Banned

Now do the history of severe infractions.

Fushitsusha

Banned

He was not banned solely for one comment.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Get lost, Yoshi. Stop campaigning for people to get outcast like you’re some kind of moral authority. It’s fucking pathetic. Brap was being immature and flippant but he knows it and said later in the thread “I'd remove the ugly part if I could”. It’s stunning that you would want to perm someone who shows introspection yet you handwave away any criticism of your buddy NI who has shown countless times that he’s incapable of it.

I remember when lefties used to campaign for rehabilitation-focused prison reform to replace the punitive system, but you’re practically arguing for the internet version of the latter. You’re just as bad as any of the Resetera cancel culture fuckwits. It’s a shame they banned you.
Remember the time when you were able to read? Your mad love for Brap seems to blind you. I only refuted the claim that Brap was merely pointing out facts. He was writing about the Dolphin girl in a way that clearly indicates it wouldn't be a big loss if her head got chopped off. I find that disgusting. I would have banned him for more than two weeks, but as a first offender, not permanently. It has given me a very bad opinion of Brap and it will take quite a bit of quality posting to make up for that. But in your blind love for Brap, you of course read a call for a perm where there is none. To my best knowledge there have benn three people I would have permed for their posting behaviour before they have been, which is this guy with the Bush Jr. avatar who was on about killing people, Enygger and JordanN. In fact, most of the time I find the perms here too harsh.

Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

Last post October 2017? Interesting. What happened buddy? Where you been? Tell Transhuman I say hi.

Yes, my friend says he started posting less and less back then because he had too many other interests taking up his time, which I understood, as I sort of had to drag him here in the first place.

nush

Gold Member
Hey Tyler it's Transhuman, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing his username. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

Yes, my friend says he started posting less and less back then because he had too many other interests taking up his time, which I understood, as I sort of had to drag him here in the first place.
The projection and faux concern is amazing. What a twat.

Whitesnake

Banned
No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

Imagine having such a total lack of self-awareness that you call someone else “pathetic” after having created multiple accounts on a forum just to either concern-troll the owner or bitch about how the owner doesn’t care to listen to your concern-trolling.

This time he even did the classic “no guys I’m not an alt I’m just a friend of the guy that got banned”.

This is the type of shit I live for. I hope he keeps coming back under dfferent alts with progressively more ridiculous cover stories.

full

Ol'Scratch

as3N49s.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

You're legitimately crazy. I recommend you take your own advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom