• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
FmimDzH.jpg

People are going to be sliding into your DMs now.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah, that’s kinda why I hadn’t corrected it so far, haha. Mostly, I just want to be another poster, no fuss. But the people on Gaf are really cool, so it’s whatever.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
The only way to replace a dead life is to start a new one. If they did it fast enough they might capture the spirit of the deceased in that newly fertilized egg.

Aretha Franklin’s spirit nabbed by Bill’s teleporting sperm, on it’s way to Ariana Grande.

I didn’t think I’d have to write that, much less visualize that, when I woke up today.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Hey folks,

Just a quick word as there seems to be a bit of confusion with regards to TLW ban. While on the surface it may look out of the blue, this has been a long running issue with this poster and how they choose to antagonise the community. While we won't share specifics we will say there have been multiple private discussions and notifications to this user in headlining certain facts in comparisons while diminishing or omitting others. There are also instances where the user has reported others for console warring after they themselves have dropped a hot take and baited a reply (that they subsequently reported - and was rejected for full transparency).

We extended trust, support and expected the same level of respect back. We compared the lack of a 'Control' tech comparison when PS4 was struggling and was the least performant - even amongst the base models from this user. We do watch and we do wait to allow members to make it right. Members have to realise that communities are more important than vendetta's or prejudices that they want to push themselves.

Ultimately the member has been given a lot of leeway from various moderators which has now reached the end of our goodwill. If the posts subsequent to the ban continue in the same vein with the same tabloid cherrypicking of facts and contextualised to be antagonistic then it's likely we will arrive here again. In any partisan topic these types of interactions stand out a mile because they are so biased. It's like comparing sports players - someone will constantly praise a player after they have a good game, trying to silence those who point out one or two hiccups. Then when the player actually does have a stinker exhibiting the traits mentioned, the poster disappears. Only to return when the player has a good game again. There is a responsiblity to engage honestly with all factions of a community, and if you aren't demonstrating the capacity or will to do so then there are hundreds of other topics to discuss. Of which there is a notable absence....

In the spirit of transparency, it wasn't myself that banned this poster but the team are behind the action was taken and support the timeout for the member. They should use this time to consider how they interact with all aspects of the community, how to present a factual reportative thread without bias showing through and cover topics and comparisons that are more rounded and not in the 'PS4 pushes less pixles but has more stable frame rate so wins despite the X1X pushing 25% more pixels with better effects' without considering the cost/benefit ratio and overall experience.

Hope this clarifies. For yourselves and this poster going forward. It's rare for us to discuss specific cases regarding posters but notifications, reply bans, post deletions are not getting through. I would like to avoid something that seems inevitable not being fully understood if the time comes. As always how we move forward is completely down to the member in question. They have one of the largest warnings list on the site, and have been afforded many opportunities to show us they are listening. We have been (overly) lenient in a lot of cases in case there was a language barrier but there comes a time when we have to be met half way.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that’s kinda why I hadn’t corrected it so far, haha. Mostly, I just want to be another poster, no fuss. But the people on Gaf are really cool, so it’s whatever.
Disable it. People were getting weird lately because of it being akin to fucking High School and the people that mostly use it do shit similar to this poster.
Zach_Braff_as_JD._DorianScrubs.jpg

im no superman

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagey K

Banned
Am I not allowed to multiquote anymore? Is this a thing that can be done?
I was just in a thread and pressed quote on 2 different messages and when I hit insert quotes it says no messages selected.
I’m using Safari on iOS 13 just in case it is a bug.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Am I not allowed to multiquote anymore? Is this a thing that can be done?
I was just in a thread and pressed quote on 2 different messages and when I hit insert quotes it says no messages selected.
I’m using Safari on iOS 13 just in case it is a bug.

Maybe this is biased, I would blame iOS 13 for pretty much everything. It’s been giving me so much grief, in so many small ways, across a variety of sites.

The thing needs work.

Kagey K

Banned
Just to be clear going forward, I can say what I want about any game and any console as long as I don’t attack other members going forward right?

You are free to call games mediocre, but you often attack individuals as well. Just make your point.

so I can say Nintendo games are made for retards? Or Sony games are for pedophiles? MS makes games for rapists?
As long as I don’t personally tell them to fuck off that’s all good?

I know the ban I took for saying they have to patch shit on top of shit to make it look like a good shit didn’t attack anyone, but I still got a ban for it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Just to be clear going forward, I can say what I want about any game and any console as long as I don’t attack other members going forward right?

so I can say Nintendo games are made for retards? Or Sony games are for pedophiles? MS makes games for rapists?
As long as I don’t personally tell them to fuck off that’s all good?

I know the ban I took for saying they have to patch shit on top of shit to make it look like a good shit didn’t attack anyone, but I still got a ban for it.

Kagey, what's going on? This is looking like the end for you, and no one wants that.

Kagey K

Banned
Kagey, what's going on? This is looking like the end for you, and no one wants that.

I don’t either man, I like it here for the most part but,

To be honest I’m a bit frustrated. Every post in every Xbox thread starts looking the same, its just shit after shit. Any time anyone bucks the trend or tries to fight back against it, they get banned.
I signed up here because I’m a gamer and I want to have fun in OT but also talk games. Gaming has become unbearable because of the amount of shitposting going on there.

Im not going to whine or cry that it’s unfair or anything like that, but I’m a bit frustrated that I have gotten previously banned over minor things, while people that prolifically shitpost are free to continue doing so.

In fact I got banned (which you corrected) over simply miming the words of another user in a different thread And which they got no action for.

I feel like this should have probably been done in PM, rather then over the air here, but it is what it is.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

To be honest I’m a bit frustrated. Every post in every Xbox thread starts looking the same, its just shit after shit. Any time anyone bucks the trend or tries to fight back against it, they get banned.
I signed up here because I’m a gamer and I want to have fun in OT but also talk games. Gaming has become unbearable because of the amount of shitposting going on there.

Im not going to whine or cry that it’s unfair or anything like that, but I’m a bit frustrated that I have gotten previously banned over minor things, while people that prolifically shitpost are free to continue doing so.

In fact I got banned (which you corrected) over simply miming the words of another user in a different thread And which they got no action for.

I feel like this should have probably been done in PM, rather then over the air here, but it is what it is.

Your perception and judgment are clouded by all this negativity. Detach your emotions, and focus on your own actions and how they aren't reconciling smoothly with the community rather than the perceived injustice you're being dealt compared to the guy next to you. Note that you're comparing yourself to trolls and assholes. Start comparing yourself to positive contributors by being one yourself.

We have a good community here. It's worth taking steps to get along. Make your choices.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Just ignore them, man. The only thing the trolls want is a reaction and to ban bait, as evidenced by TLW's recent ban, so don't let them win. As long as you're enjoying playing on XB1 or not having a good time with the PS4 who cares what others think? It's your life, the opinion of some strangers on the internet shouldn't mean jack shit to you.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
'YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO REPLY HERE.''

In a thread where I want to respond to a reply to me.
If you got a Reply-Ban you should have gotten an accompanying alert notification. If the thread is closed, then it has a locked symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom