• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Don't forget to crush your enemies
tenor.gif

brap

Banned
Hey cunts this thread is for ban justice, not ban begging. If he’s as bad as you say he’ll hang himself eventually. No need to try to accelerate the process though there’s nothing wrong with poking him and sending him into conniptions when he comes back 😂
4 years later and he's still here.

So, what exactly constitutes thread derailments to staff? Seems rather cherry picked. Basically, if I join a current discussion with my opinion or reply that is already occurring, how the hell am I derailing and not the posts people are replying to and discussing as I am? It's telling me that ignorant or offensive posts are fine, but dont dare reply and refute. Then I'll be derailing!? Look. Posters were pissed because I asked for an OP to be accurate after several days of being false. If I'm being singled out for that reason, then just fucking perm me.

Tesseract

Banned
So, what exactly constitutes thread derailments to staff? Seems rather cherry picked. Basically, if I join a current discussion with my opinion or reply that is already occurring, how the hell am I derailing and not the posts people are replying to and discussing as I am? It's telling me that ignorant or offensive posts are fine, but dont dare reply and refute. Then I'll be derailing!? Look. Posters were pissed because I asked for an OP to be accurate after several days of being false. If I'm being singled out for that reason, then just fucking perm me.

need some context, bub

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Oh come off it. You are one of the biggest console warriors around here and your persecution complex is blatant. Remember when you were bitching about GoW5 and the playstation fans who were banned for their blatant console warrioring? Then you do the exact same thing with the Death Stranding just a short while later and cry that YOU were told off by mods for, and I repeat since this seems to be lost on you: doing the exact same damn thing?

Grow up, mate. See reality for once.

Last edited:

Oh come off it. You are one of the biggest console warriors around here and your persecution complex is blatant. Remember when you were bitching about GoW5 and the playstation fans who were banned for their blatant console warrioring? Then you do the exact same thing with the Death Stranding just a short while later and cry that YOU were told off by mods for doing the exact same damn thing?

Grow up, mate.
Who was banned from gears threads? Didnt see anyone. You can keep saying its console waring even though it isn't. The only reference to xbox in any of those posts was pointing out to the people constantly bitching about comments that it could be worse compared to other threads.

Where was I putting down DS? I discussed art vs game, which was a current discussion.

Show me where I was putting down DS incessantly beyond the current discussion.

Show me where I'm going into threads and proclaiming xbox to be best and everything PS is shit. Am i even in any PS game OT? Pretty sure I'm not.

I posted in the DS review thread and the Kojima comments on Americans thread and I'm being told to stay away from Ds and stick to xbox threads by mods.

This is a case of overreaction to the usuals that will report anything I post in any thread.

wut, he's commenting on your comment in a ban review thread, it's all part of the game
I'm referring to the DS review thread. This was more of a direct convo with staff, but I'll share the links to what I'm talking about.

Follow the quotes to original comments and tell me how i am derailing by responding to those statements when they are the ones who made those statements first? Wouldn't the posters who made that claim be the ones derailing?

Like I said, if it's not about my last posts but because i asked for a factual OP, then that is just plain bias.

...and if that is the case just perm me because I'm not going to be told to shut my mouth on certain topics because they might be apart of a popular brand and I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the current discussion.

Last edited:
I received a final warning for my posts in DS threads, of which 0 are in OT, btw. That's what my post in here are about. I thought you was referring to that because "persecution complex" was the final post I replied to that was a statement YOU made. So, yeah. I was singled out and not sure how that can be argued.

Did you receive a ban warning for derailing because it was you and Mista that said that shit and I responded?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I received a final warning for my posts in DS threads, of which 0 are in OT, btw. That's what my post in here are about. I thought you was referring to that because "persecution complex" was the final post I replied to that was a statement YOU made. So, yeah. I was singled out and not sure how that can be argued.

Did you receive a ban warning for derailing because it was you and Mista that said that shit and I responded?

While I can get heated in politics (and it is moderated differently I noticed), I tend to stay out of threads for games, platforms or services I have no interest in. I do not have repeated patterns of trolling them, or warnings added up if that is what you are asking.

We see people warned and banned (thread or site) all the time for repeated offenses. The mods seem pretty platform agnostic in that regards.

From my observation, they seem to take things as a case by case basis and are pretty transparent compared to most places online. If they wanted you gone, or were singling you out, you probably would have been gone a long time ago for your quasi-meltdown post saying "Fuck GAF", etc.. Some could have perceived that as favoring you as another perspective.

Last edited:
While I can get heated in politics (and it is moderated differently I noticed), I tend to stay out of threads for games, platforms or services I have no interest in. I do not have repeated patterns of trolling them, or warnings added up if that is what you are asking.

We see people warned and banned (thread or site) all the time for repeated offenses. The mods seem pretty platform agnostic in that regards.

From my observation, they seem to take things as a case by case basis and are pretty transparent compared to most places online. If they wanted you gone, or were singling you out, you probably would have been gone a long time ago for your quasi-meltdown post saying "Fuck GAF", etc.. Some could have perceived that as favoring you as another perspective.
Sure. I could somewhat agree with the last statement. I saw it and the mod response in that gears thread as a realization that they let the trolls frolic too much and gave a pass to those fed up with it.

The difference is I'm not in DS threads talking about the game aspects and how much I hate them because i haven't played it.

I discuss where applicable.

Posters discussing opinions about reviewers and dev comments on Americans.

Where is the "console war" trolling?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Hello LuvOfThaGame LuvOfThaGame ,

Let me be clear up some misunderstandings. We do not moderate based on personal feelings, opinions, or beliefs. We do not play favorites, we do not care what platform you play on, what games you enjoy, etc. We only care about bringing forth open, fair discussions.

So, what exactly constitutes thread derailments to staff?

Let's use one of your posts as an example:

If you read the reviews, they mostly still say the same thing about those points. It's just the score is suspiciously high for how the actual reviews read. We already know Famitsu score is bought and paid for. Seems OP or mods is going to continue to allow an inaccurate OP with metacritic and opencritic scores.

Not sure why fans are upset. There is way more sweeping under the rug in favor of DS than biased bashing. I read these threads and their complaints and think, try being an xbox fan. Every xbox thread is 10x worse than this. You got it good.

This is a post we discussed as a team and found it to be derailing, primarily due to your needless whining of how Xbox fans "have it 10x worse than this" and how "OP or mods are going to continue to allow an inaccurate OP with metacritic and opencritic scores". Mind you, this is only one of your posts. A quick look at your post history would show numerous derails of similar nature in the DS threads (and others).

Who was banned from gears threads? Didnt see anyone.

I find this hard to believe when you were one of those very people who was banned from a Gears 5 related thread among the likes of TheLastWord and others - especially considering that it was myself that had given you two the ban for console warring and needless antagonism.

We have also reply banned numerous people from those threads, which is what I assume Dr. Claus Dr. Claus is referring to as they were one of the people sending in reports at that time (and more than likely received a response when someone was reply banned).

You can keep saying its console waring even though it isn't. The only reference to xbox in any of those posts was pointing out to the people constantly bitching about comments that it could be worse compared to other threads.

Console warring is not strictly related to mentioning your preferred platform in a post. It refers to the actions where one routinely tries to instigate and denigrate a platform they do not care for for personal validation of their purchase. Something you have done numerous times as any can see from your post history.

This is something you have a clear understanding of, despite your false confusion you display in this thread. We have had to remove you from threads six times and have given you four bans for the same actions you have shown in the DS review threads. This is especially egregious as your actions in these threads goes counter to your preaching in the Gears 5 review threads.

You have shown through your words and actions that you have no love for Sony and no interest in their games (such as Death Stranding). Yet, you have continued to post in these threads to instigate, insult, and to celebrate when you see a perceived "win" against the platform you dislike. We prefer to give people chances to change and improve as posters. You have reached the limit of our patience and that is why you were given one final chance to stop this petty console warring.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Also, this should be a lesson that sometimes it’s better to just shut your mouth and cop it on the chin to avoid further embarrassment. I didn’t even know he was banned but now I do.

Mista

Banned
Derailing a thread is when someone posts irrelevant shit. That’s all

Everything within the topic is fine

bilderberg

Let's keep the focus in this thread to bans you believe were not justified or pre-2017 bans that you believe should be overturned.

Thank you.
I can get my old account over turned? I got banned in 2016 because "You are not a good fit for this community. Enjoy other forums.."

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
hm, cite some bans bruh

some goofy fucks at the top from what i see

I would hazard a guess to say MilkyJoe is referring to his warning and thread ban after this post of his:

Papa

Banned
#TeamJoe

Replying in a different colour like a 50 year old middle manager replying to an email.

“So you shut the fuck up, you weak minded little mincer.” 😂😂😂🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom