• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Pool's influence on this site is greater than I realized.

#TimPoolBodyCount

81MUrbeqIqL._UX679_.jpg
this is why cartoon villains are always bald, can't trust em.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Did he just come back and go hard in the politics section? I didn’t see him post much outside of his welcome back thread.
I have read several posts of him in the gaming section.

If the ban was really given for the topic quoted, I deem it completely unjustified, especially as a perm.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

If the ban was really given for the topic quoted, I deem it completely unjustified, especially as a perm.
Has there ever been a returning REEEer that spergs out and justifiably gets booted for it that you haven’t stuck up for?

Just for my records here. I like to keep score.

Yoshi

Has there ever been a returning REEEer that spergs out and justifiably gets booted for it that you haven’t stuck up for?

Just for my records here. I like to keep score.
I do not keep track of people who return from Resetera or who you think justifiably gets booted, so to answer that question you'd have to give me a list of people.

plushyp

Was curious about this so I checked it out. Out of around 100+ posts, these are the only 3 he has made in the gaming section since his return:

As a creator, I'm baffled that Youtube would dare to do something fucking positive for once.
Make the FBI pay for PS+
Prepare for hand cramps

Now compare those 3 posts to the rest of his history in Politics and Off-Topic since his return and ask this to yourself again.

Yeah I just don’t like politics so I banned myself from there to not have any chance of interacting with it. You can tell it’s a shithole when 80% of the bans comes from there
I've barely been there but it's indeed like the wild west lol

Yoshi

Was curious about this so I checked it out. Out of around 100+ posts, these are the only 3 he has made in the gaming section since his return:

I did not say he made long postings, but the few he made (I am surprised I happened to have read all of his gaming side postings) I found enjoyable.

plushyp

I did not say he made long postings, but the few he made (I am surprised I happened to have read all of his gaming side postings) I found enjoyable.
I'm not talking about their length either but you can clearly see the amount of effort put into these VS his other output. He made 3 posts in the gaming section (that I've quoted above) in the brief time that he was unbanned here. I'm unable to understand how you found those 3 worth the onslaught of 100+ rambling posts he subjected everyone to in OT and Politics.

Mista

Banned
Your people aren’t ever taking back NeoGAF, Yoshi. Hate-filled, brain-addled, self-righteous intersectional feminist screechers built their Motherland elsewhere. If that’s the kind of discourse that gets you off, you know where to point your browser.
Its already happening without you even saying bro

Yoshi

Your people aren’t ever taking back NeoGAF, Yoshi. Hate-filled, brain-addled, self-righteous intersectional feminist screechers built their Motherland elsewhere. If that’s the kind of discourse that gets you off, you know where to point your browser.
Whatever you think "my people" are...

You knew that he was a pretty shrill poster, I cannot quite see how what he has posted in the quoted thread is particularly going against the rules.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever you think "my people" are...

You knew that he was a pretty shrill poster, I cannot quite see how what he has posted in the quoted thread is particularly going against the rules.

Ok so here's how I see it. You're welcome to disagree. So our friendly poster wanted to come back, and EviLore EviLore did absolutely the right thing in giving him the opportunity to come back. Bear in mind many many people were banned unjustly and have been allowed to return. We wouldn't want to exclude people based on ideology right? So he came back, and most in the relevant threads were in favour of this if I recall. And then he came back and acted the big man, thinking he was some kind of celebrity. Contrast this with other returnees and you see it was never going to go well. I can only imagine his not-so-humble approach meant he was put on a tight leash, and upon proving himself to be a turd he was chucked out. Simple really.

brap

Banned
RIP Bodatan. I thought his last post was funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sad someone like him gets a perm whilst others that shitpost and try to make the forum an unpleasant place get multiple chances.

MetalAlien

Banned
RIP Bodatan. I thought his last post was funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sad someone like him gets a perm whilst others that shitpost and try to make the forum an unpleasant place get multiple chances.
Stay out of the gaming side, that's how I live.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ok so here's how I see it. You're welcome to disagree. So our friendly poster wanted to come back, and EviLore EviLore did absolutely the right thing in giving him the opportunity to come back. Bear in mind many many people were banned unjustly and have been allowed to return. We wouldn't want to exclude people based on ideology right? So he came back, and most in the relevant threads were in favour of this if I recall. And then he came back and acted the big man, thinking he was some kind of celebrity. Contrast this with other returnees and you see it was never going to go well. I can only imagine his not-so-humble approach meant he was put on a tight leash, and upon proving himself to be a turd he was chucked out. Simple really.

At least he has his 50 cent a month YouTube channel.

Corrik

Honestly, to get on Evilore's shit list, I suppose. It is an absolutely bad look when bans are supposed to be mostly dealt out for making personal attacks at people, and Evilore called the banned dude a twat.

Not saying he didn't really deserve something in regards to likening the forum to the alt-right, but the person running the forum should be an example of what to follow regarding the stated rules. Not above them. Imo.

Papa

Banned
Honestly, to get on Evilore's shit list, I suppose. It is an absolutely bad look when bans are supposed to be mostly dealt out for making personal attacks at people, and Evilore called the banned dude a twat.

Not saying he didn't really deserve something in regards to likening the forum to the alt-right, but the person running the forum should be an example of what to follow regarding the stated rules. Not above them. Imo.

Nah, I like it. One of us. This ain’t some Fortune 500. No need to virtue signal and fake niceties so long as the bans are meted out for the health of the forum, not for personal vendettas. Maybe this one was both, I dunno, and I don’t really care, because that guy was a weasel who clearly wasn’t here to be part of the community. His Twitter whine should be evidence enough of that. Funny ban messages were always part of the GAF fabric. Just because they got out of control for a few years doesn’t mean they have to go away altogether. They just need to be applied judiciously. I really don’t want GAF to be sanitized for the sake of fake civility.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

He was a twat. Call a spade a spade.

I don’t want Evilore or the mods acting like shit-don’t-stink, holier-than-thou wankers because that’s how you get REEEsetEra.

Like “no booze coz I’m weird” Matt just said, one of us.

Papa

Banned
He was a twat. Call a spade a spade.

I don’t want Evilore or the mods acting like shit-don’t-stink, holier-than-thou wankers because that’s how you get REEEsetEra.

Like “no booze coz I’m weird” Matt just said, one of us.

m8 u jel of my $200 decorative bottle of the finest Japanese single malt whiskey

Mista

Banned
Nah, I like it. One of us. This ain’t some Fortune 500. No need to virtue signal and fake niceties so long as the bans are meted out for the health of the forum, not for personal vendettas. Maybe this one was both, I dunno, and I don’t really care, because that guy was a weasel who clearly wasn’t here to be part of the community. His Twitter whine should be evidence enough of that. Funny ban messages were always part of the GAF fabric. Just because they got out of control for a few years doesn’t mean they have to go away altogether. They just need to be applied judiciously. I really don’t want GAF to be sanitized for the sake of fake civility.
Well fucking said

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

So that’s where you’ve been doing your foruming lately, eh Corrik.

Pidull

I am gonna hop in and say that legacyzero shouldn't get a permanent ban. I think that how he was reintroduced to the board was too high profile and almost reinforced the ludicrous behavior found on Era. Being overly outspoken only gave him more positive attention. Having to work with children all the time, I see this pattern of behavior all too often.

A temp ban may be better, with a warning to stay more on-topic if he's going to make counter-arguments.

Disclaimer that I did like his off-topic remarks. :messenger_face_screaming:

Corrik

Just teasing you. Something not being a good look is the framework of perception for everything at Reset, and language tends to rub off with time spent in social circles. You haven't been around here much lately except to comment on this ban and vent about Reset discussion, so presumably you've been foruming at Ree more.

You're not on my shitlist, and you're welcome to disapprove. You also disapproved when I defended myself at all from vicious and unwarranted personal attacks after the 2017 drama, though, when everyone was looking to take pot shots while I was hurt. Considering that context, I don't have much reason to take your disapproval seriously. Cheers.
Not sure what you are referring to. First of all, I am a Republican so I am not welcome on that forum. Of course. Lol.

Secondly, I don't know exactly what you are referring to as I believe I was/am on your side regarding allegations that were made against you.

So, it leads me mostly to believe at most that I may have thought it was better for you to not stoop lower to someone else's level! You should, in your position imo, being rising above nonsense and setting a good example! You have been relatively antagonistic to some of your own forum users though unfortunately.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not sure what you are referring to. First of all, I am a Republican so I am not welcome on that forum. Of course. Lol.

Secondly, I don't know exactly what you are referring to as I believe I was/am on your side regarding allegations that were made against you.

Wasn't suggesting you took part in my lynching, more that you've shown up to criticize at times when I think you should've let it go as justified self-defense. But regardless, it's water under the bridge, I'll retract my comments.

So, it leads me mostly to believe at most that I may have thought it was better for you to not stoop lower to someone else's level! You should, in your position imo, being rising above nonsense and setting a good example! You have been relatively antagonistic to some of your own forum users though unfortunately.

I can't promise not to be antagonistic at times. Let me know if you think I'm being unfair, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom