• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Dunno about the recents Dragon Ball Z games, but as a fan of the anime series myself I can 100% sure Dragon Ball Z anime are not for kids. Cartoon Network got a bit of trouble getting this anime air in Brazil and the open channel like Globo almost kill the series by censoring almost the entire episode of Videl fight.

Last edited:

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
As a Nintendo fan, I’ve had to listen to dimwits tell me I play kids games for decades.

Just roll with the punches. Point and laugh. Know that anyone thinking they are “more mature” by engaging in console wars is hilariously contradictory. Give it back, but don’t stoop to their level.

Those people are never going to not exist. Idiots gonna idiot.
yea i had the same problem

I love Nintendo - there's just a certain quality and charm Nintendo provides with all of its 1st party releases that you will never find in other companies

brap

Banned
Dunno about the recents Dragon Ball Z games, but as a fan of the anime series myself I can 100% sure Dragon Ball Z anime are not for kids. Cartoon Network got a bit of trouble getting this anime air in Brazil and the open channel like Globo almost kill the series by censoring almost the entire episode of Videl fight.
DBZ is for japanese children. Different standards and shit.

I'd say there more family driven games, but, I mean, they are made for kids in mind. So what?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT YOU MUST BE A NINTENDO HATER

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are japanese children allowed to see gore and dismembred? If so, never know that.
DBZ is mostly a lightshow.
I'm surprised their kids didn't die of an epilepsy
Example
raTph7M.gif

Fake

DBZ never got that violent.
What anime are you using in comparison? I know only a few with that kind of violence, at least what I watch when I was a kid: Saint Seya and Yu Yu Hakushu.

The fight between Vegeta/Nappa against all Goku friends before he came after life have gore.
The fight between Videl and Spopovit (dunno about his name in american version) was brutal as well.

brap

Banned
What anime are you using in comparison? I know only a few with that kind of violence, at least what I watch when I was a kid: Saint Seya and Yu Yu Hakushu.

The fight between Vegeta/Nappa against all Goku friends before he came after life have gore.
The fight between Videl and Spopovit (dunno about his name in american version) was brutal as well.
There's just blood. Nobody gets dismembered or anything. I mean fucking frieza gets cut in half but they removed the blood so that was apparently OK to show on cartoon network lol.

Fake

There's just blood. Nobody gets dismembered or anything. I mean fucking frieza gets cut in half but they removed the blood so that was apparently OK to show on cartoon network lol.
Goku get pierced and Tenshinhan get his arm off LOL, he even use a special move in the place of his hand before die.. Videl fight is just a woman get beaten.
You're mistaking Dragon Ball Z with Dragon Ball Z Kai. Kai is a high definition version of Dragon Ball Z without any gore. Was so much criticize here in Brazil that Cartoon Network stop showing just weeks after launch.

brap

Banned
Goku get pierced and Tenshinhan get his arm off LOL, he even use a special move in the place of his hand before die.. Videl fight is just a woman get beaten.
You're mistaking Dragon Ball Z with Dragon Ball Z Kai. Kai is a high definition version of Dragon Ball Z without any gore. Was so much criticize here in Brazil that Cartoon Network stop showing just weeks after launch.
I've never seen Kai in my life. There's some blood but you're really playing up how bad it is. I mean the uncut version on tv was rated PG here.
maxresdefault.jpg

Fake

I've never seen Kai in my life. There's some blood but you're really playing up how bad it is. I mean the uncut version on tv was rated PG here.
maxresdefault.jpg
Indeed. Tenshinhan got beaten in gore as well. I mean, 'from that time', is gore with blood, piercing and removing arms. From today standarts its OK.
Not saying DBZ is the top of gore animes because Ganz is miles ahead.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I want to see it for myself, retard
Looks like it's related to this series of posts. I don't have the spare mental energy to follow the logic but he probably deserved it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol Afro again

What did he do this time
He claimed that he saw both sexbox and PS5 devkits and made a conclusion that they're not that different, then proceeded to backtrack and assert that such a statement is not actually insider information and he shouldn't be held accountable for it.

My headcannon is that it also has something to do with claiming that Smash isn't a fighting game by ignoring basically all evidence to the contrary.(lol)

You are moving the goalposts.

There is a difference between speculating off-site unconfirmed rumors, and you claiming you have first hand knowledge on this board.

Papa

Banned
He claimed that he saw both sexbox and PS5 devkits and made a conclusion that they're not that different, then proceeded to backtrack and assert that such a statement is not actually insider information and he shouldn't be held accountable for it.

My headcannon is that it also has something to do with claiming that Smash isn't a fighting game by ignoring basically all evidence to the contrary.(lol)

lol he’s a character that’s for sure

Are japanese children allowed to see gore and dismembred? If so, never know that.

Almost every violent video game from Mortal Kombat to Manhunt are banned in Japan specifically because of blood and gore. Strangely, Japan has no issue with underage looking characters doing strange sexual things. Gore seems to be what concerns parents and the Japanese equal to the FCC the most.

Kagey K

Banned
He was pretending to be an insider in one of the crazy PS5/Xbox threads. When a mod asked him to check his PMs he backpedaled so fast he could've gone back in time.
To be fair one of the threads did suggest anyone can be an insider, if they guessed the correct specs, but I haven’t followed it to know if that’s where he got banned from.

He’s been acting like a cunt ever since he got back. Afro if you’re reading this please don’t double it on your turn.
Can't wait to read another essay from him in this thread when he returns and then have our replies misconstrued and be reminded he already moved on from the discussion as soon as he started it.

To be fair one of the threads did suggest anyone can be an insider, if they guessed the correct specs, but I haven’t followed it to know if that’s where he got banned from.
No, that was a different thread, one where everyone was having a laugh.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Hi, I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread for this, but I'm just trying to understand why I received a warning for console warring for this post?

I was being sarcastic with a guy that was implying Mod of War Mod of War was playing favorites with OsirisBlack OsirisBlack cuz his posts are "pro sony".

Imho, thats the opposite of console warring.

Thank you for the update. It’s hard to tell what is serious or not sometimes, but even then it still ads fuel to a fire we would like not see persist in the OTs. They can go south pretty quickly sometimes, and makes it no fun for those who want to have serious discussions.

Dargor

Thank you for the update. It’s hard to tell what is serious or not sometimes, but even then it still ads fuel to a fire we would like not see persist in the OTs. They can go south pretty quickly sometimes, and makes it no fun for those who want to have serious discussions.

I apologise for that, cuz I understand where you're coming from. In fact if the warning was for "making inflammatory comments" I would have accepted it, wouldn't have said a thing about it, cuz there is no denying that it was a little inflammatory. Again, I'm sorry for that.

From today standarts and by the heat of that particular thread is hard to know.

True, I thought about adding a "/s" to make it clear I was being facetious, but I deemed it unnecessary. Who says "sonygaf" and actually means it? :messenger_pensive:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah I normally use '/s' and others terms like 'IMO', but you're underestimating the next gen start. From days ahead, will be much worse.

We should just hide all new console threads from fanboys with Ouya titles.

PS5 is 9.2 Teraflops = RTTP: Ouya
Series X Hellblade analysis = What Was Your Favorite Ouya Launch Game?
Do you prefer PS5 or Series X atm? = Jailbreaking Your Ouya |OT|

:messenger_sunglasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom