• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
Have your giant dumps ever caused splash back that went into your coffee
Sometimes good splashes back to my arse
What sort of coffee?
Any milk?
How many sugars?
D4yOfgDW4AEgn7K.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I have this avatar because people kept whining about me not having one. Now I have one. Stop complaining. You get what you pay for, and if you're that sensitive , go to resetera or some shit.
Yeah! At least you aren't a letterposter!

Birdo

Banned
I was told off for joking about the Iran conflict.

I was going to account suicide with a thread called "Are the mods payed by Iran?", but I decided to come in here to cool off instead.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

I was going to account suicide with a thread called "Are the mods payed by Iran?", but I decided to come in here to cool off instead.

I insinuated that gaf has shitty taste in music for not flocking to a rock thread and got my post deleted.

I wonder when gaf decided to rehire era mods.

I'm not upset at all, I just find it laughably stupid, and I thought gaf was above this dumb easily offended shit.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Hi there! Allow me to chime in since I was the mod that handled that report.

You were not “told off” at all. The post was deleted due to how distasteful or outside eyes could perceive such a post, joke context or not, which is actually not that “obvious” to anyone but yourself.

4pKerxr.jpg

LkqXGIJ.jpg

No action was taken against your account, nor even so much as a physical warning. You were just asked to “dial it back”.

Now with that said, I do hope you were once again joking, with being the “account suicide” type.

I insinuated that gaf has shitty taste in music for not flocking to a rock thread and got my post deleted.

I'm not upset at all, I just find it laughably stupid, and I thought gaf was above this dumb easily offended shit.

As above, I was the mod that deleted your post. Nobody was offended. It served nothing but to derail a thread and turn into a back and forth “Contica show” as you ate your popcorn.

It’s what is commonly referred to as, “bait”.

Birdo

Banned
You were not “told off” at all.

You were just asked to “dial it back”.

I class having a post deleted and being told to "Dial it back" as being told off :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It's kind of hard to guage this forum's tolerance level, due to lack of consistency. There are lots of troll posts/threads that go untouched, which makes you think you can be a little edgy. But then a pretty tame post like mine (And that other guy's) get deleted.

*Shrug*

Ornlu

Banned
I class having a post deleted and being told to "Dial it back" as being told off :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It's kind of hard to guage this forum's tolerance level, due to lack of consistency. There are lots of troll posts/threads that go untouched, which makes you think you can be a little edgy. But then a pretty tame post like mine (And that other guy's) get deleted.

*Shrug*

TBH it's probably a bad idea to make an edgy joke about genocide. Even if it is a joke, it's text, so it often doesn't read as one.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

I do not like discussing music much, but rock certainly is the best genre, so you have my sword. But only if you reinstate your glorious avatar.

Birdo

Banned
TBH it's probably a bad idea to make an edgy joke about genocide.

Jokes about genocide that are not deleted:

What's the difference between a Jew and a pizza?

A pizza doesn't scream when you throw it in the oven.

Nuke China and India.

And that's just off the top of my head. There are way worst posts out there than these.

Can you see where I'm coming from? Inconsistency makes it diffucult to know what you can get away with.

Ornlu

Banned

And that's just off the top of my head. There are way worst posts out there than these.

Can you see where I'm coming from? Inconsistency makes it diffucult to know what you can get away with.

Sure, I see where you're coming from; I just wouldn't personally post an edgy genocide joke with the expectation that there's no possibility of it being taken the wrong way and catching a ban for it.

As for the two examples you posted just now, I don't know what the context was, so I couldn't say whether they should catch a ban or not.

Yoshi

Maybe the mods just did not see those postings / did not receive reports about them?

Papa

Banned

Those two seem like more obvious jokes to me than the one that was deleted. They’re both absurd whereas the Iran missile strike joke was made at a time when tensions are high it’s not all that unrealistic. Macapala’s especially was about something that happened 75 years ago and couldn’t possibly be misconstrued as wishing for mass death.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
As above, I was the mod that deleted your post. Nobody was offended. It served nothing but to derail a thread and turn into a back and forth “Contica show” as you ate your popcorn.

It’s what is commonly referred to as, “bait”.

How do you derail a thread that's not going anywhere? Is your idea of a back and forth "Contica show" with popcorn to go into a thread about something you love, post something you love according to theme, bemoan that more people don't love the thing you love, in the thread about the thing you love?

How does that usually work for you? You might have noticed nobody replied to that post, so this sound to me like you just making stuff up to find an excuse.

If I wanted to throw out bait, I'd go where there was an audience for it. I'd go into a Kanye thread and say he's a hack or something.

Who, what and not to mention how, am I baiting?

I do not like discussing music much, but rock certainly is the best genre, so you have my sword. But only if you reinstate your glorious avatar.

I would, but mods took that too it seems.

Mista

Banned
Fair enough. I know when my humour isn't appreciated.

*Walks away, dragging his feet to an edge-free life* :lollipop_pensive:
I appreciate you Birdo and I can always tell when you’re joking and when you’re being serious. I can tolerate all kind of jokes honestly but you know some or most may fee offended or whatever. Head up mate, you’re wicked♥️

Yoshi

I would, but mods took that too it seems.
So they stripped you of your face and your voice? That's terrible! Here, grab my sword and fight the good fight for rock music (said sword may have been stolen goods)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom