• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Do people like Demi even remotely contribute anything good, let alone match his contribution?
Depends what you're looking for in GAF members.

If you're looking for someone who has probably 95% of his posts stuck in console war threads, Demi is a good guy to have in gaming forums. Check his post history and see how many of his posts involve fan wars and list wars.

If you're looking for people who are just average people who talk games, politics, or have a mix of posts in various threads to have fun after school or work, he is not the one.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Man some of you guys are something else ceiling yourselves under false neutrality. At least everybody knows I'm a Sony fan and I make no bones about it, but I have never taken gleeful interest in seeing people banned and thrown under a bus, even to those who wanted that for me and were quite vocal about it. Some of you guys take this way too personal and that to me is the most worrying thing, it's really not that serious....

We all contribute to GAF, we all make GAF what it is, the problem stems from people who only want to hear their voices and their ideologies echoed or those who think they are too self important.... Tbh, one of the reasons I've never bothered to comment in this thread is because I've seen so many displays of persons who thought they were better than others, delivering high horsing types of posts here, calling other users trash who got banned and the like.... If you are trying your best to belittle others on the Internet to make yourself look better, perhaps you need to look a little deeper and do some introspection, and that is irrespective to whatever side of the fence you're standing.

Demi caught a ban, but some of the posts I've read here in response seems more directed as some type of revenge rebuttal, or something they were looking forward to, that's why I'm convinced that many people are here to gloat that some Sony fan got a ban all the while pretending to be neutral and some White Knight poster... Yet we've seen their displays in many threads before...

I'll say this, Demi is a good poster, he's here, has always been here even when the exodus happened. Dark10x left for Resetera with the crowd and only came back when Redneckerz summoned him to defend DF against me here on GAF when this place began to repopulate and when several members came back after being banned from the other side.....

I really only see Dark10x here to defend DF, whilst Demi has been here contributing all this time.... Obviously people who have issue with his preferences would be the first to put him under a bus and comment on whatever derogatory type of poster they think he is. I think that mostly stems from their own biases....

At the end of the day, the mods took action, it's done, but Demi is in no way a bad poster overall....He has contributed lots here and all this talk of posters want to leave because of others, I think that's BS, outside of Insults, if you can't handle other opinions, then perhaps forum life isn't for you... If Dark10x can't handle criticism to DF's shortcomings, then perhaps analysis and YouTube isn't for him, and I'm just talking analysis criticism here, not Insults directed at him.

I don't know, I've seen so many instances of Insults from people now pretending to be gold posters. I myself have had my fair share... I still remember that Jim Sterling thread though, it's so vivid to me, some can go and refresh that thread, it's the most Insults I've ever seen seen flinged on GAF bar none, it was like open season, a no holds barred WWE event... and I've never seen something like that since I was lurking a bit before 2006, when I registered, where before that I was mostly reading gaming-age reviews before then....Yet, that Jim Sterling thread was something indeed.

I think we can do better, stop taking this so personally and wishing the worse for fellow posters in this thread as if those condescending are all model posters with no sins or infractions.... If you are only here to shoot Demi down because his preference is different than yours, then I think you need to develop a higher tolerance to other viewpoints as long as they don't insult you....

One last thing mods... I hope what was dished out to Demi is maintained to all other posters whether they are top thread count creators or not, pretty much anyone who goes on an insulting parade against other users, including Dark10x himself.....if he presents himself in such a way....

Good night all...

brap

Banned
Man some of you guys are something else ceiling yourselves under false neutrality. At least everybody knows I'm a Sony fan and I make no bones about it, but I have never taken gleeful interest in seeing people banned and thrown under a bus, even to those who wanted that for me and were quite vocal about it. Some of you guys take this way too personal and that to me is the most worrying thing, it's really not that serious....

We all contribute to GAF, we all make GAF what it is, the problem stems from people who only want to hear their voices and their ideologies echoed or those who think they are too self important.... Tbh, one of the reasons I've never bothered to comment in this thread is because I've seen so many displays of persons who thought they were better than others, delivering high horsing types of posts here, calling other users trash who got banned and the like.... If you are trying your best to belittle others on the Internet to make yourself look better, perhaps you need to look a little deeper and do some introspection, and that is irrespective to whatever side of the fence you're standing.

Demi caught a ban, but some of the posts I've read here in response seems more directed as some type of revenge rebuttal, or something they were looking forward to, that's why I'm convinced that many people are here to gloat that some Sony fan got a ban all the while pretending to be neutral and some White Knight poster... Yet we've seen their displays in many threads before...

I'll say this, Demi is a good poster, he's here, has always been here even when the exodus happened. Dark10x left for Resetera with the crowd and only came back when Redneckerz summoned him to defend DF against me here on GAF when this place began to repopulate and when several members came back after being banned from the other side.....

I really only see Dark10x here to defend DF, whilst Demi has been here contributing all this time.... Obviously people who have issue with his preferences would be the first to put him under a bus and comment on whatever derogatory type of poster they think he is. I think that mostly stems from their own biases....

At the end of the day, the mods took action, it's done, but Demi is in no way a bad poster overall....He has contributed lots here and all this talk of posters want to leave because of others, I think that's BS, outside of Insults, if you can't handle other opinions, then perhaps forum life isn't for you... If Dark10x can't handle criticism to DF's shortcomings, then perhaps analysis and YouTube isn't for him, and I'm just talking analysis criticism here, not Insults directed at him.

I don't know, I've seen so many instances of Insults from people now pretending to be gold posters. I myself have had my fair share... I still remember that Jim Sterling thread though, it's so vivid to me, some can go and refresh that thread, it's the most Insults I've ever seen seen flinged on GAF bar none, it was like open season, a no holds barred WWE event... and I've never seen something like that since I was lurking a bit before 2006, when I registered, where before that I was mostly reading gaming-age reviews before then....Yet, that Jim Sterling thread was something indeed.

I think we can do better, stop taking this so personally and wishing the worse for fellow posters in this thread as if those condescending are all model posters with no sins or infractions.... If you are only here to shoot Demi down because his preference is different than yours, then I think you need to develop a higher tolerance to other viewpoints as long as they don't insult you....

One last thing mods... I hope what was dished out to Demi is maintained to all other posters whether they are top thread count creators or not, pretty much anyone who goes on an insulting parade against other users, including Dark10x himself.....if he presents himself in such a way....

Good night all...
Night.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Good night all...
Maybe you should read Demi's action packed paragraph of insults about DarkX again before writing another novel.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
if you care to go back, Dark has lodged many slings my way, yet I've never gotten personal with him, just criticized some inconsistent figures or tones of things he missed.
Do you have examples? I don't think I can really just take your word for it, especially if you consider this being "just giving their take on a youtube video".

this is unfair to people who are just giving their take on a youtube video,

Oh showing off that you have a bigger dick with your collection that you probably got for free or didn't even pay for with your money? Nobody gives a shit

If you had any ounce of ethic you would've spoke up but no you can't stand up to your bosses who puts food on your table.

Go play victim on ree where they worship you guys.

Insulting someone, their job, and their integrity, and telling them to leave in a very mean spirited way? That's not just giving a take. That's being a jerk.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Good night all...

Jim Sterling is a joke character provocateur, not the same standard as a professional trying to keep his head down and do his job well.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Man some of you guys are something else ceiling yourselves under false neutrality.

Perhaps not everyone takes a 12 year old’s approach to enjoying consoles and gaming, and this is genuine exhaustion with people that do? You do understand that it’s possible to just enjoy the hobby, make friends, and enjoy reading all kinds of perspectives, right?

Some of you guys take this way too personal and that to me is the most worrying thing, it's really not that serious....

In actuality, not TLW-vision, people just want to discuss and enjoy gaming. You’re getting in the way of that, because you insist on running your holy crusades across the internet. No shit, people are getting irritated.

We all contribute to GAF, we all make GAF what it is, the problem stems from people who only want to hear their voices and their ideologies echoed or those who think they are too self important....

You don’t contribute shit. Unless driving away better posters, annoying people endlessly, and choking off all possibility for entertaining, productive discussion within the first couple of posts is considered a ‘contribution’.

Tbh, one of the reasons I've never bothered to comment in this thread is because I've seen so many displays of persons who thought they were better than others, delivering high horsing types of posts here, calling other users trash who got banned and the like....

Oh, but you did. You accidentally posted in here while console warring, hilariously enough.

If you are trying your best to belittle others on the Internet to make yourself look better, perhaps you need to look a little deeper and do some introspection, and that is irrespective to whatever side of the fence you're standing.

A three year old screaming for some asinine reason looks better than your ilk, and makes more sense. Trust me, it’s not that.

Can’t stop thinking in terms of console wars for one second, can you? It can’t be that people don’t like bad posts and immature behavior, can it?

Should I mail him a cookie for not abandoning the site with a bunch of woke cultists?

Again, judging by last night’s outburst, ‘contributions’. Again, you can’t see anything without the frame of console wars, and project to an asinine degree.

Opinions and criticsm being defined as a Mongoloid screaming in your face?

think we can do better, stop taking this so personally and wishing the worse for fellow posters in this thread as if those condescending are all model posters with no sins or infractions.... If you are only here to shoot Demi down because his preference is different than yours, then I think you need to develop a higher tolerance to other viewpoints as long as they don't insult you....

More console wars lens. More projection that everyone must think this way. More mischaracterization of bottom-of-the-barrel brand warrior ranting as some kind of gift to forums.

Good night all...

Good night. Try not to get angry at your blanket if it’s the wrong brand.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
We can role play

9RpEL2x.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's give a warm welcome back to me0wish me0wish , who was permed during the 2017 drama for this post......

I hope this backfires on the mods that abandoned GAF, Evilore gave them his trust by making them mods, but they won't even trust that he's inoccent. In the end, it's Evilore's fault for putting so much faith into SJW.

I am hopeful that GAF will become a better place, especially with out those who are trying to leech off GAF at it's weak state instead of supporting it. I can't believe that mature men are behaving in such manner with out any proof or evidence but that is SJW for you, still stuck in the high school mentality.

No lies detected.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Reading some of the threads from that time, it seems to me that a number of level headed posters got banned out of the blue. I mean, some last posts are (rightfully) defending GAF and Evilore from idiots, yet they were banned soon after.
Were there asshole mods still yet to leave, nuking some accounts on their way out?
Or the replacement emergency mods making bad choices?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reading some of the threads from that time, it seems to me that a number of level headed posters got banned out of the blue. I mean, some last posts are (rightfully) defending GAF and Evilore from idiots, yet they were banned soon after.
Were there asshole mods still yet to leave, nuking some accounts on their way out?
Or the replacement emergency mods making bad choices?

Some of the mods who stayed on temporarily to “help” did little more than ban anyone who either didn’t take part in the witch hunt or made statements supporting me. It was pretty fucked up.

Last edited:

me0wish

welcome back!
Thanks! :D

Sounds like you should have been here from the beginning.

The beginning being after the enema.

Welcome back.

Haha oh god, you reminded me of "coffee enema".
Thanks!

I think that was the case. There were some old mods that were still offended by every word. I'm not American, and I hardly understand American politics especially back then, I didn't know (I still don't) if SJW is an offensive word, and I thought that's how they described them selves.

Thanks! :D

Haha oh god, you reminded me of "coffee enema".
Thanks!

I think that was the case. There were some old mods that were still offended by every word. I'm not American, and I hardly understand American politics especially back then, I didn't know (I still don't) if SJW is an offensive word, and I thought that's how they described them selves.
It's only offensive to the virtue signaling snowflakes who gave themselves the nickname only to be mocked by sane people.

Good night all...
If you're going to type such a long post can you at the very least bold the important parts? The fact is demigod was the one insulting another user. What did you expect, that we should give him a pat on the back and tell him he did the right thing by driving another member away?

All of you console warriors - whether you prefer PlayStation or Xbox - act the same as far as I'm concerned. "Don't read what so-and-so has to say because their outlet is biased and make my piece of plastic look weak. Don't believe this week's rumors. OP is lying to you. They're just jealous that our next-gen console has more flip-flops than the competition. I don't care that you don't like the first-party exclusive I liked because reviewers rated it highly. Also, don't listen to reviewers because they don't play games like we do. etc etc." Same shit, different day.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Finally, good riddance. Guy wasn't even funny retarded, he was just retarded. At least make us laugh while you say stupid shit

Sad day when you can't even write on GAF that resetera are a bunch of c*nts.
That being said, I'll go play some Black Mesa, this event somewhat pissed me off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom