• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported means we see it.

We still have a TOS, even though we are lax with it more often than not. No action was taken against his account, just a post nuked.

When you nuke a post can you let the user know? I think I've had some of mine nuked, or maybe not. If i have, or do, let me know.

Cheers babes.

Kagey K

Banned
Maybe people shouldn’t be so sensitive over inanimate objects all the damned time.

The more serious derails and trolling we do take care of, and I will also action or drop notes in threads when I see fit outside of reports.

You’re over thinking all of this. Be adults, talk it out, and have introspection in the process. All things considered, I can comfortably say the majority of console war reports are done out of personal and / or hypocritical biases.

Xbox fans report only Sony fans, Sony fans only report Xbox fans, etc.. When all their post histories are on display. We also take into context what led up to said report, and there is a lot of baiting that goes on when the conversations are back tracked. On all sides.
I guess my problem is that I barely use the report button. I did for a while on the Xbot thing, because you said that’s what we should do, since then I have rarely used it.

If we discount the xbot thing, I think I have used it less then 20 times. Only for the most egregious of posts, or for a quick derail. The messages I got from “edits” prevent me from even trying to have a discussion with you guys, as you seemed to lay a stake in the ground in your edit messages.

Moderating by report leads to abuse.

I know I was personally banned by copy pasting another users post and replacing the words Xbox with PS4. Evilore fixed it quick, but it shows just how open moderating by reports isn’t totally effective.

That was almost 2 years ago and under this new staff.

Last edited:
I guess my problem is that I barely use the report button. I did for a while on the Xbot thing, because you said that’s what we should do, since then I have rarely used it.

If we discount the xbot thing, I think I have used it less then 20 times. Only for the most egregious of posts, or for a quick derail. The messages I got from “edits” prevent me from even trying to have a discussion with you guys, as you seemed to lay a stake in the ground in your edit messages.

Moderating by report leads to abuse.

I know I was personally banned by copy pasting another users post and replacing the words Xbox with PS4. Evilore fixed it quick, but it shows just how open moderating by reports isn’t totally effective.

That was almost 2 years ago and under this new staff.
Fix your XboxGAF community first before complaining..

None of your community members acknowledged the fact that there were 8 alt accounts console warring for your team for the past 3-6 months, and personally attacking members like myself.

Also, you and your community showed the most hypocritical side of yourselves I've ever seen during the last 7 days regarding Sony releasing HZD on PC despite the fact that your platform of choice does the exact same thing.

Instead of your community saying "hey, welcome to the club!", you guys started bashing out and pushing the rhetoric that Sony failed so hard for releasing their games on PC. You yourself couldn't help yourself and went on NioH 2's review thread and said "Can't wait to play this on PC".

I think the whole "eye to eye" thing is getting out of hand because even I got sucked into that mentality yesterday with what I said on the minecraft thread, which I did deliberately to show how childish it is to take something positive and turn into a console warring opportunity.

I think there needs to be a memorandum of understanding between XboxGAF and SonyGAF sooner than later or else all hell will break loose.

battle of the bastards ~ ?!

you should create the thread MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima

source.gif
I'm dead serious though, we can still support our teams but not like the way things are, at the moment.

Imagine having 8 alt accounts to root for your team? That shit is borderline insane and we need to do better by pre-ordering the PS5.

In all seriousness though, a temporary truce or a long term memorandum of understanding would be great for the Gaming Discussion section, and I have no problem being the ambassador representing SonyGAF if that opportunity ever arises.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'm dead serious though, we can still support our teams but not like the way things are, at the moment.

Imagine having 8 alt accounts to root for your team? That shit is borderline insane and we need to do better by pre-ordering the PS5.

In all seriousness though, a temporary truce or a long term memorandum of understanding would be great for the Gaming Discussion section, and I have no problem being the ambassador representing SonyGAF if that opportunity ever arises.

We all know Nintendo GAF is supreme ruler anyway.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo Gaf will watch, as they’re accustomed to.
You can't be part of Nintendo Gaf if you only play Mario Kart.
FtELruL.gif

Fix your XboxGAF community first before complaining..

None of your community members acknowledged the fact that there were 8 alt accounts console warring for your team for the past 3-6 months, and personally attacking members like myself.

Also, you and your community showed the most hypocritical side of yourselves I've ever seen during the last 7 days regarding Sony releasing HZD on PC despite the fact that your platform of choice does the exact same thing.

Instead of your community saying "hey, welcome to the club!", you guys started bashing out and pushing the rhetoric that Sony failed so hard for releasing their games on PC. You yourself couldn't help yourself and went on NioH 2's review thread and said "Can't wait to play this on PC".

I think the whole "eye to eye" thing is getting out of hand because even I got sucked into that mentality yesterday with what I said on the minecraft thread, which I did deliberately to show how childish it is to take something positive and turn into a console warring opportunity.

I think there needs to be a memorandum of understanding between XboxGAF and SonyGAF sooner than later or else all hell will break loose.
Not sure if this a shitpost or just tism.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is unreal, did you just photoshop GamerNYC78's hair on Trump.....This is hilarious....It fits him quite well tbh......He looks even more Draconian and No-Nonsense....
LMAO, my boy Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 has a fresher cut than this, whatchya talking 'bout, Willis?

I had this picture back in 2019, some dude from a hip-hop forum photoshopped this picture and posted it there, so I snagged it lol

#FourMoreYears

demigod

To some extent, I have patience for console warriors. It’s not much, but it’s there. 😋

That goes out the window when they, in service of their almighty console, attack someone who does nothing but work hard to give gamers educative and interesting content, who’s also a genuinely nice person, and with respect, not really cut out to deal with ignorant scum like that.

I don’t even want bans for them. I want Evilore and the mod team to personally go to their houses, kick their asses, and put the footage on Worldstar.

This is hilarious coming from you. You wishing someone to get attacked in real life over a fucking forum? Get help. Also if EviLore EviLore or Mod of War Mod of War want to come at me in real life, ya'll know where I live. I believe Evilore lives in Austin which is about 2 hours from Arlington. Since you want it to be personal, come here Arcadia since you want to act like internet tough guy.

But seriously come say hi to me Evilore if you ever swing by. P.S. don't ban me for this post, thank you :)

Jooxed

Gold Member
This is hilarious coming from you. You wishing someone to get attacked in real life over a fucking forum? Get help. Also if EviLore EviLore or Mod of War Mod of War want to come at me in real life, ya'll know where I live. I believe Evilore lives in Austin which is about 2 hours from Arlington. Since you want it to be personal, come here Arcadia since you want to act like internet tough guy.

But seriously come say hi to me Evilore if you ever swing by. P.S. don't ban me for this post, thank you :)

You are cool bro.

3qEp6jj.jpg

Last edited:

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- please open your response with "Excuse me, it's ma'am.", from outside the ring and then the WWE announcers act surprised.

Last edited:
Why did that SoulUnison SoulUnison guy get banned? There's no post link.

Edit: looks like he was going buck in that Somerset thread.

Edit 2: the poor bastard got cyber bullied into oblivion then permed. You almost feel sorry for the weirdo.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Why did that SoulUnison SoulUnison guy get banned? There's no post link.

Edit: looks like he was going buck in that Somerset thread.

Edit 2: the poor bastard got cyber bullied into oblivion then permed. You almost feel sorry for the weirdo.

The main action was here:

GHG

Gold Member
Lmao ANOTHER deranged Xbox fanboy alt account got banned? How many of these are there?

It's one guy and I bet he still has more accounts.

At this point I don't understand why he doesn't just join an Xbox forum because he clearly lacks the maturity to deal with anybody who doesn't lick the boots of his favourite brand. Why waste your time here making dozens of accounts just to bitch, moan and cause general unrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom