• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Haha, yeah I was pretty blown away that it got me banned. I was only on GAF for 12 posts so I have no idea what went wrong with the forum back then.
Sometimes people who have achieved nothing in life and are stink ordinary, find a place where they have some power, and so they use it. Some found their way onto a forum as a mod, and thats what you get.
What ever happened to that mod?

Nailed it in one. This is basically affecting the entire internet right now.

There’s no way to not make this sound like sucking up, so I’ll just take it on the nose, but I really hope online communities start looking at the model here.

nush

Gold Member
There’s no way to not make this sound like sucking up, so I’ll just take it on the nose, but I really hope online communities start looking at the model here.

It needs to survive scaling up before it becomes an example of modern forum moderation. Whats the current user peak 300-400 active users? Lets see how it manages with a steady 1000 active users.

iconmaster

Banned
Wondering why you guys weren’t talking all this shit when brap was still around? 🤔

Only now, when the man cannot defend himself, have you suddenly found the courage to voice your contempt.

Funny how that works.

1) Because it would have been a polite whisper against the wind. GAF “celebrity” trashposters have their followings and I wasn’t interested in debating a mob.

2) Because there are options. “Ignore Thread” works wonders.

3) Because questions of moderation should be directed to the moderators, not the user in question.

4) Because I come to GAF to have fun and not to add more problems to my life.

Even now I would have said nothing, except I saw my silence was allowing others to speak for me.

Last edited:
Vanished into obscurity as a "Has been" on Resetera and completely outed as abusing his mod position on Gaf. He mostly just lurks on Resetera now.
The funniest thing was I never had a warning, no infractions, only 12 post and that last one got be banned for life. Not even a two weeker lol.
Bizzare. I just gathered that they didnt really want any more members and were culling the herd.

And who the fuck are you to say what's right and where's the limit?

No vag or nips were visible. But thanks, snake.

Actually that's up to the moderators to decide.

If your talking about weight limits it's pretty obvious that medical professionals have already established them. There are limits that if the human body goes past them in either direction it starts to become hazardous to their health. I know someone who is overweight and suffers from diabetes, heart problems, joint pains, exhaustion and depression.

Mind you o haven't seen the picture so I'm just going off what other people are telling me.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Brap’s ban is justified. GAF has rules. Nothing but <3 and respect for you guys, but it’s not happening. If he wanted to remain a part of this community he should’ve taken heed of all the warnings and temp bans.

I understand your stance bud, but isn’t something like a gaming ban better? Granted, I don’t pay much attention to console warring, I’m too old to carry a banner for any multinational corp, but he has a place in the OT general bants this forum excels at outside of gaming.

Losing him permanently from our bant antics would be like losing MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima . The forum needs whipping boys ;p.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I understand your stance bud, but isn’t something like a gaming ban better? Granted, I don’t pay much attention to console warring, I’m too old to carry a banner for any multinational corp, but he has a place in the OT general bants this forum excels at outside of gaming.

Losing him permanently from our bant antics would be like losing MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima . The forum needs whipping boys ;p.

Are you speaking on his behalf? There’s no point in a negotiation without any reason to believe he’s willing to abide by rules or moderation directives.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Are you speaking on his behalf? There’s no point in a negotiation without any reason to believe he’s willing to abide by rules or moderation directives.

I’m not. I hardly know the guy. I am just voicing my opinion.

EviLore EviLore + Mods

rack me up a 14 day ban for losing the bet in the corona virus thread.

Cheers

Good man, I wasn’t gonna push it though.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Damn I replied your post in the Corona thread thinking someone actually did report you.

Way to man up, I respect that even if I don’t know what the bet was about.
🤛

zqnfyis.jpg

He bet that this whole virus thing would be over in two weeks. He has my respect for sticking to his half of the bet.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I agree with EviLore EviLore ’s latest comments. If brap gave a shit about keeping his account he would’ve stopped the behaviors that were earning him consistent warnings and bans. It’s a waste of time and energy to worry about someone who isn’t willing to help themselves, and ultimately doing that is what’s known in psychology as enabling.

Kagey K

Banned
I agree with EviLore EviLore ’s latest comments. If brap gave a shit about keeping his account he would’ve stopped the behaviors that were earning him consistent warnings and bans. It’s a waste of time and energy to worry about someone who isn’t willing to help themselves, and ultimately doing that is what’s known in psychology as enabling.
Brap is a very interesting case study, where he went from being scared of notifications, to fully embracing them.

I always missed the kid that was tepid to post.

Somewhere along the way, he went off the deep end.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Brap is a very interesting case study, where he went from being scared of notifications, to fully embracing them.

I always missed the kid that was tepid to post.

Somewhere along the way, he went off the deep end.

?

I always remember him having notifications off, because it was such a strange thing to do. Not even for reactions.

Ornlu

Banned

I've never been happier to see a name with a line through it! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm surprised it took this long honestly, with the crap he's been posting.

It's been a trip, for sure. There was like a 75% chance of any non-gaming thread having the guy spinning some bullshit somewhere in the thread.

Yeah. This is a good perm ngl.

The Costa Rican/German diaspora which thinks and types in standard American English will make you pay for your insensitivity in this troubled time!1! :messenger_winking_tongue:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Re: Crowbrow, I didn’t have a whole lot of experience with him, but if he really was that way, and it seems so, I’m glad to see the mess cleaned up.

I do think that we as posters need to do a better job of identifying people like this, ignoring this behavior and focusing on productive posts, or confronting it and moving on.

Let them have their petty last word — anyone with a brain can spot a disingenuous argument a mile out.

Pages upon pages of debate or conflict with someone who’s only interested in varied disguised methods of plugging their ears and saying ‘Nuh-uh!’ is a detriment to everyone interested in reading, learning from, or interacting with a thread, and just anyone trying to make the most of their leisure time.

That old quote about wrestling with a pig in the mud is apt — you only get filthy, and they enjoy every bit.

Mista

Banned
Brap’s ban is justified. GAF has rules. Nothing but <3 and respect for you guys, but it’s not happening. If he wanted to remain a part of this community he should’ve taken heed of all the warnings and temp bans.
To be honest nobody can argue with this. No matter how much we like Brappy and all, rules must still be applied.

Otherwise we will have shit going on left and right and it will be beyond controllable

Edit: One more thing, betting on bans is stupid and shouldn't be acceptable. Its dumb as fuck

Last edited:

Barnabot

Re: Crowbrow, I didn’t have a whole lot of experience with him, but if he really was that way, and it seems so, I’m glad to see the mess cleaned up.

I do think that we as posters need to do a better job of identifying people like this, ignoring this behavior and focusing on productive posts, or confronting it and moving on.

Let them have their petty last word — anyone with a brain can spot a disingenuous argument a mile out.

Pages upon pages of debate or conflict with someone who’s only interested in varied disguised methods of plugging their ears and saying ‘Nuh-uh!’ is a detriment to everyone interested in reading, learning from, or interacting with a thread, and just anyone trying to make the most of their leisure time.

That old quote about wrestling with a pig in the mud is apt — you only get filthy, and they enjoy every bit.

i agree with most of your post but i think most of the people here could really see clown's disingenuous arguments from a mile away except for a few self loathing screechers here and there who oftenly become prey of his anti american ideology. it's just not everyone is that patient to ignore him and move on to a more productive conversation.

Kadayi

Banned
i agree with most of your post but i think most of the people here could really see clown's disingenuous arguments from a mile away except for a few self loathing screechers here and there who oftenly become prey of his anti american ideology. it's just not everyone is that patient to ignore him and move on to a more productive conversation.

I can't say I'd noticed them before (I guess on the Venn diagram of threads we rarely intersected), but I had a look at their post history and it seemed to consist of a lot of ridiculous time demands (you have 30 seconds to comply post a response) as well as a lot of 'Illiterates' thrown in for good measure. I doubt they'll be missed.

-Arcadia-

Banned

What do you get out of this, though? Two, three, four pages of non-stop arguing with an idiot (don’t know Crowbrow too well, so I’m using idiot as an archetype) that constantly slimes their way out of ever conceding the point?

It’s just thread destroying (probably exactly what this type wants), obnoxious to you, and you’ll never take home any kind of victory.

So, what’s the point? I’d rather call out a poster like this, laugh at their deranged response, and move on with my day. Or just not bother with it altogether.

Kagey K

Banned
?

I always remember him having notifications off, because it was such a strange thing to do. Not even for reactions.

This is what I was referring to.

Lol .....and it’s bumped.

Last edited:

Barnabot

What do you get out of this, though? Two, three, four pages of non-stop arguing with an idiot (don’t know Crowbrow too well, so I’m using idiot as an archetype) that constantly slimes their way out of ever conceding the point?

It’s just thread destroying (probably exactly what this type wants), obnoxious to you, and you’ll never take home any kind of victory.

So, what’s the point? I’d rather call out a poster like this, laugh at their deranged response, and move on with my day. Or just not bother with it altogether.

he was being being called out but he was also consistently slipping everytime it happened. look over the these covid-19 threads when he was spouting some anti american bullshit. or even a thread about coups being attempted in Latin America. or even a thread Papa Papa created just for him.

sometimes he was even downplaying people who actually have more knowledge about one subject because the said people were actually living in the country where the subject was taking place.

i.e.

people were really paying attention to all his bullshit. it's just that he's not on the same Aintitcool' level of dunning kruger to get banned so soon.

ROMhack

Okay Brap's gone. If he's reading this, please know I liked you (but just as a friend).

You were the butt of every joke. You lit up my sky.

That said, you literally did not pay a single iota of attention to being banned and for that you were rightly sacrificed.

I look forward to dining on Brap meat tonight.

RIP old friend.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

This, so much this.

If someone makes some idiotic fanboy post or outrageous statement in Politics, why debate them and derail what started out as a decent thread into your own personal war? I mean maybe call them on it once, but then move on. Why take over the thread for several pages and shit it up for anyone that might want to comment on whatever is being discussed?

I have NO ONE on ignore, I want to be able to follow threads without missing any comments, plus you never know when someone you find as an annoying poster might make a brilliant comment. That said, I really hate scrolling through several pages in threads with 2 or 3 people saying pretty much the same thing over and over.

Barnabot

This, so much this.

If someone makes some idiotic fanboy post or outrageous statement in Politics, why debate them and derail what started out as a decent thread into your own personal war? I mean maybe call them on it once, but then move on. Why take over the thread for several pages and shit it up for anyone that might want to comment on whatever is being discussed?

I have NO ONE on ignore, I want to be able to follow threads without missing any comments, plus you never know when someone you find as an annoying poster might make a brilliant comment. That said, I really hate scrolling through several pages in threads with 2 or 3 people saying pretty much the same thing over and over.
then what would be the alternative? not everyone had the patience to ignore him all the time.

and this forum can't just shutdown him immediately because he voiced his opinion about his own distorted vision of the world

but something could be done with the sum of the parts whitin the time and he was banned because of the sum of these parts imo.

i never reported that clown because i wanted to see him biting the tongue for every bs or wishful thinking he was expressing for every thread derail he was making. but i now won't miss him anyways because there will be always someone like him around the corner: smooth talking, pretending to know a lot of things better than anyone else, some commie propaganda here and there. playing cynical when caught on his own bs.

if someone like him go away too soon then people may not realize the game he was playing in the first place and may see him as a victm instead and i hate this "woe is me" victm card.

Ornlu

Banned
This, so much this.

I agree with you; I personally tried to point out his ridiculousness for what it was, but I fully admit I got sucked into the tit for tat nonsense a few times. Ideally, one person would point out how stupid someone like that is being, and the rest of the people just move on and don't respond to their trolling.

then what would be the alternative? not everyone had the patience to ignore him all the time.

and this forum can't just shutdown him immediately because he voiced his opinion about his own distorted vision of the world

but something could be done with the sum of the parts whitin the time and he was banned because of the sum of these parts imo.

i never reported that clown because i wanted to see him biting the tongue for every bs or wishful thinking he was expressing for every thread derail he was making. but i now won't miss him anyways because there will be always someone like him around the corner: smooth talking, pretending to know a lot of things better than anyone else, some commie propaganda here and there. playing cynical when caught on his own bs.

if someone like him go away too soon then people may not realize the game he was playing in the first place and may see him as a victm instead and i hate this "woe is me" victm card.

I agree with your sentiments, as well. However, if we derail every thread because of a poster, then they effectively "win" until they catch a permaban. I'd rather say my piece and move on, and hopefully nobody rises to the trolling bait.

It's really hard to resist temptation, though. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

CatLady

Report him, ignore him, make a single rebuttal and move on or admit that you enjoy fighting with people like him, have no concerns about derailing a thread into personal warfare and everyone else be damned.

Barnabot

Report him, ignore him, make a single rebuttal and move on or admit that you enjoy fighting with people like him, have no concerns about derailing a thread into personal warfare and everyone else be damned.
i was doing the rebuttal and moving on. but not everyone was doing that (and i understand the temptation) or else we wouldn't see all those multiple thread derails. that same shit happened when it was Aintitcool's turn. slipping guys are a such drag sometimes.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Every thread with him that I stepped into lately had him and a few others duking it out, post after post after post.
I remember the first time and last time I really had an exchange with him ended in a ban. I commented in this same thread wondering why he got such a short ban after because of how obviously blatant his posts read. Sure he had other regulars that called him out on his posts but it wasn't just them.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatLady

The thing is, most people that interacted with him did just this. But the mods noticed.

I wasn't talking about Crowbrow specifically, just in general when dealing with any obstinate assclowns. I'm no terribly familiar with him but I can certainly understand why a lot of people would find him irritating. I personally found most of his posts not worthy of a response, let alone pages of arguments trying to have reasonable discussion with him.

Oh shit, Elektro Demon Elektro Demon got a temp? Damn

I mean, I can’t speak for him, and I won’t speak for him, but allow me to ponder aloud:

is it possible they maybe he just is looking for clarification on what “the line” is, when it comes to thread creation in OT? I mean, I get it, chubby chick appreciation isn’t the most popular arena, but I feel like I’ve seen worse threads allowed to run their course. It seems like losing his thread creating privilege was what kinda ticked him off.

I think he’s a funny dude. Hope it all evens out alright. I know a two day stint is short and minor, not their to raise hell here or anything

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom