• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Cyborg Cyborg

250px-Cyborg_%28Victor_Stone%29.jpg

I was banned from the "PS5’s SSD is far ahead...." thread the other day. It was unclear as to why I was picked out of all the people. I only reiterated that the demo could be run on Xbox series x and pc. I wasn't speculating which platform is better or anything like that. Only posting about how it was a multiplatform engine, and that the devs themselves confirmed it was or would be running on all platforms.

For me to get banned for that, seems crazy to me. Especially as there were some repeating the same lies over and over again, about how Xbox cannot run the demo, or it would be at reduced detail, which I would respond with factual data about the devs never implying that.

I was called a cunt and talked down to, multiple times, yet all of that goes out the window, as I'm the one to receive a ban?! I've not modified any of my posts. Please let me know what did I do to relieve a ban, which would have to have been much worse than the toxic name name calling, or intentionally spreading misinformation? These same people are still posting in the thread, so I'm confused.

Also none of my posts were edited by mods or deleted. If it was because I was "invested too much in the thread", then why wasn't the people spreading misinformation and trolling the thread, still in there?

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
How would you know if you get a warning or are banned from a thread? Not that I would be as I don't post anything of substance haha. Just wondering.

I was banned from the "PS5’s SSD is far ahead...." thread the other day. It was unclear as to why I was picked out of all the people. I only reiterated that the demo could be run on Xbox series x and pc. I wasn't speculating which platform is better or anything like that. Only posting about how it was a multiplatform engine, and that the devs themselves confirmed it was or would be running on all platforms.

For me to get banned for that, seems crazy to me. Especially as there were some repeating the same lies over and over again, about how Xbox cannot run the demo, or it would be at reduced detail, which I would respond with factual data about the devs never implying that.

I was called a cunt and talked down to, multiple times, yet all of that goes out the window, as I'm the one to receive a ban?! I've not modified any of my posts. Please let me know what did I do to relieve a ban, which would have to have been much worse than the toxic name name calling, or intentionally spreading misinformation? These same people are still posting in the thread, so I'm confused.

Also none of my posts were edited by mods or deleted. If it was because I was "invested too much in the thread", then why wasn't the people spreading misinformation and trolling the thread, still in there?

Are you going to Livestream the reply ban?

Are you going to Livestream the reply ban?
Only if you like, subscribe, and share. Also, don't forget to hit the bell, to get notifications when new content gets released. And without further ado,

In fairness to D DoctaThompson it seems like there might be some stuff from an Epic Dev in China that supports what was he saying about UE5 demo on all platforms.
Only problem with that is, several of us were posting the actual tweets and quotes from the devs themselves. So it's not like some of us were stating false information, unlike the handful of people who kept saying it won't run on Xbox or pc, without reducing the detail (which had and currently has, absolutely no factual basis behind). So it seems odd to be single out. I even told a few members to stay on topic, or I would stop responding to some if they couldn't provide actual factual data. *Mind-blown*

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned

Yea man. I don't know why that was the case. The Sony guys are preying on the forums 24/7. Maybe Bill O Rights will explain so that you know what and what not to do.

Both sides are doing this.

Just ask the moderators if you don't believe me.

How would you know?

(Edit: meaning how do you know who is reporting who)

There was a “PS5 will have better graphics” thread based on pure speculation by the OP, hundreds of replies, still open

there was a “UE5 demo requires PS5 specs” thread, a quote that never existed and has been proven wrong since, still open

Goliathy posted a “UE5 demo was 1440p and 30fps” thread and that seemed to get reported to high heaven and then closed. He also was banned but I don’t know specifically which thread or post did it.

Just seems kinda odd to me

I feel like I’ve noticed quite a bit of bait thrown Xbox’s way, especially recently

Last edited:
How would you know?

Because I regularly check the ban list and read the comments the moderators left behind.

Unless your trying to suggest a Sony Gaf thing which I don't see happening since the mods are pretty fair here.

If you have an issue with any of the bans (like Goliathly for example) just ask a Moderator like Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights or Mod of War Mod of War they seem to be pretty open to suggestions and transparent.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
How would you know? There was a “PS5 will have better graphics” thread based on pure speculation by the OP, hundreds of replies, still open

there was a “UE5 demo requires PS5 specs” thread, a quote that never existed and has been proven wrong since, still open

Goliathy posted a “UE5 demo was 1440p and 30fps” thread and that seemed to get reported to high heaven and then closed. He also was banned but I don’t know specifically which thread or post did it.

Just seems kinda odd to me

I feel like I’ve noticed quite a bit of bait thrown Xbox’s way, especially recently
Because I regularly check the ban list and read the comments the moderators left behind.

Unless your trying to suggest a Sony Gaf thing which I don't see happening since the mods are pretty fair here.

If you have an issue with any of the bans (like Goliathly for example) just ask a Moderator like Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights or Mod of War Mod of War they seem to be pretty open to suggestions and transparent.
200.gif

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
D DoctaThompson

Your reply ban is actually smilar to ethomazes reply earlier in the thread. At one point you pretty much overtook the thread, some of the posts were fine, but others just spiralled the thread into meta commentary and insults. As with ethomaz, you need to stop worrying about what actions were taken against other people - posters have different actions taken against them based on previous warnings, reply bans, willingness to move on and current trajectory. We removed you before you went over the line and said something irredeemable. You can see the escalation happening in real time:

Not sure why you are so stuck on trying to spread FUD like someone who doesn't have a clue.

Not gonna lie, but you definitely need glasses bro. Don't think you could school anyone, more or less yourself, with vision that bad.

I said him and others. Without being so quick to circle jerk each other, you could easily spot all the naysayers over the past 16 pages, and numerous threads. If course since you like that agenda, you pretend to not see it. JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered am I lying here?

Because I didn't respond to you, means I was proven wrong?! Lmao what are you, 5 years old?! Maybe you don't post with much intellect, and it's a waste of time replying to. Especially as it's off topic, and adds nothing to the topic. Imagine if i get a strike or get banned from arguing with a fool?

I definitely don't want to get a strike on my account by arguing with someone with worse vision than Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles. You don't even understand why AA is applied to games or how it can help. We all had our laugh here, and bookmarked your post. You can run along now. If you aren't posting on topic, I won't reply. Deuces clown

There are also examples where you get perfectly reasonable replies and went way over the top with your curt replies that were again, overly antagonistic. You can't establish your input into a thread in this manner and start to complain about replies you get back. We're not likely to have a lot of sympathy with people complaining about having shit thrown their way, if they are the ones who threw the first turd. There is a little wiggle room for personal spats that burn out quickly, but there is a limit for people who are overly confrontational to everyone within a thread and try to batter everyone's opinion down with quite disparaging comments.

Series question for the fanboys. Can someone point me towards any devs saying this isn't possible on pc? Or any quotes that say pc would get a downgraded experience from their ssd's? And lastly, how could this run on a ps5 with an aftermarket SSD? Wouldn't it not have Sony secret sauce anymore?

So just prematurely ejaculating is all they are doing right now. It's funny how they think the SSD is some holy grail that adds TF's to the GPU.

So why are some clueless people thinking this is impossible to do on pc? Especially from a tech demo? It would be impressive if there was actual gameplay, not just a few scenes that were carefully put together for the purpose of a tech demo.

It's harder to see aliased images in low resolution, so I can't even imagine how bad this image is in full rez. And this guy thought he was gonna school me on techniques, he doesn't even understand. Smh

We're well aware of the 'factions' that exist on the board and the various camps. Largely, we let things slide as we're not going to give positive feedback loops to 'tit-for-tat' reporting - so this usually boils down to 'are you ruining the thread for others with personal infighting, or introducing collateral damage via caustic comments. In fact, overzealous reporting has backfired on a number of people who are trying to bait bans from other people. At some point, people need to reflect a little and ask 'Why am I in threads that have lots of drama', and ask the more reflective question which is 'Am I part of the problem causing the drama?'. The reply ban doesn't seem to have changed your input into other threads - of which we are aware - so I'd finish by saying, take the above and learn to just calm it down a little. Not everyone is an enemy. Some people need the evidence laid out bare, some need a level of swaying you can't provide and need to wait for tech releases, others will never change. The fable of the sun and the wind comes to mind.

Lastly, take a look at pages 20-23 of that thread you were reply banned from (I only had time to review that range). You can see the disagreements are still the same, people are still arguing, people are stepping back but mostly everyone is keeping their composure. As a result the thread is in a healthier position, and there is nothing resembling your comments above. That would seem to suggest the reply ban served its purpose in stopping the arrest of the thread into another quagmire.

-Arcadia-

Banned
No, I mean, just click on his name on the ban list, which should bring up a pop-up, where you can click on messages.

Once people have been banned, the main profile isn’t viewable, but the messages are preserved.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I still see the same thing when clicking that link on mobile and desktop, and when clicking his name on the ban list in mobile and desktop.

Click this:

mocrCMc.jpg

Then this:

UbMyQEA.jpg

By the way haxan7 haxan7 Im going to have to ignore you now for using that awful light theme. 😉

I found out today that 2 of my favorite posters use that godawful thing.

Disappointing all around.

(I didn’t really ignore either of you, but the dark theme is infinitely better)

hnE8L6q.jpg

Last edited:

thanosg

Banned
have to voice my displeasure about the banning of Jon Neu Jon Neu he is one of the best and intersting posters here. there is nothing passive aggressive about his comments, you are supposed to argue and cause arguments in a discussion board!

Unless all you want are posters who reply with "this" and "agreed" or "nah". Oh well even mods are humans who can sometimes make mistakes but very disappointed that's all

have to voice my displeasure about the banning of Jon Neu Jon Neu he is one of the best and intersting posters here. there is nothing passive aggressive about his comments, you are supposed to argue and cause arguments in a discussion board!

Unless all you want are posters who reply with "this" and "agreed" or "nah". Oh well even mods are humans who can sometimes make mistakes but very disappointed that's all
Look how incredibly easy is to make a Sony warrior rage :messenger_hushed:
Just because people have different opinions that doesn’t mean they are “baiting you”.

This is literally an Xbox thread yet here we have all the usual Sony fanboys acting all enraged against people who where having a technical discussion (much more interesting than anything that user could say).

I bet that’s why he got so mad.

Well he was console warring with those comments. Having a debate doesn't include provoking and personal attacks. Behavior like that tends to derail the discussion.

Just my opinion.

It's not a perm so he will be back and hopefully he learns from his experience.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: GHG

He kinda feels like a total troll to me, like all he does is hang around threads for games he hates and make really exaggerated claims and divisive commentary all the time. I learned to stop engaging with him because he doesn't discuss things in an honest way and will switch positions a few pages later in a thread.

Edit: That said I don't think I ever reported him? I think I've reported one post in the last few months? I could be wrong. Just realized this post makes it sound like I was reporting him. I try not to report shit unless it's way beyond the pale, honestly.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Are you his alt?:

lol still whining about his perm. he can easily make an alt or already have one(or two). a good troll never get banned so this is just the mods saying that he is a bad troll

anyway I'm offering my account only in exchange for his account unbanned. if it doesn't work this way oh well whatever

It's ok, you can be honest here, we're amongst friends.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Jon is a 👌poster.

I don't know what happened here (I'm certainly out of the loop), but I'm guessing that our persistent Dunce Club of plastic warriors irritated him into saying some things he shouldn't have.

It's something to watch out for. The only way console warriors can procreate, is by annoying people enough to become like them.

Jon is a 👌poster.

I don't know what happened here (I'm certainly out of the loop), but I'm guessing that our persistent Dunce Club of plastic warriors irritated him into saying some things he shouldn't have.

It's something to watch out for. The only way console warriors can procreate, is by annoying people enough to become like them.

That's interesting because what I've seen of him just looks like a typical console warrior, you know his position in a thread before you even see the content of the post, for instance. That said I haven't known him a long time or anything, it's really just a recent spat of threads where the only contribution from him I see is low level bait and honestly really juvenile commentary most the time.

-Arcadia-

Banned
That's interesting because what I've seen of him just looks like a typical console warrior, you know his position in a thread before you even see the content of the post, for instance. That said I haven't known him a long time or anything, it's really just a recent spat of threads where the only contribution from him I see is low level bait and honestly really juvenile commentary most the time.

Fair if he's doing that. My respect for him doesn't mean mindlessly defending him. Just that he's had my back a lot of times, with a lot of ridiculous people, and generally seems well balanced to the point where I wonder if Club Neanderthal pushed him too far.

I've never talked to him about games, so I wouldn't know.

Are you his alt?:

giphy.gif

EDIT: OH SHIT THOUGHT THIS WAS DM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

—————-

I didn’t follow the whole convo Jon was having. I did see a comment that seemed a little snarky earlier today but I dunno, I’m trying not to get TOO entangled in the more heated warring.

I agree that Jon is an interesting poster. Glad he’s coming back soon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom