• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ

Banned
Not really, I have ONE cat and blonde hair. I just like to make fun of the blue haired lesbian/feminist/SJW loonies hence my user name.
Phew.. I honestly don't know why anyone likes blue hair. It looks really bad. Makes people look like junkies.

TLZ

Banned
I bet she had ass grease all over her seat too.

giphy.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Phew.. I honestly don't know why anyone likes blue hair. It looks really bad. Makes people look like junkies.

The only few ones I saw in real life looks like mentally ill(face and hair), no offense to people here.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
That’s a cool pose shot/photo. Who is that?

You can read about her here.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I didn't say anything about the mods being SJW's.

I realize that. But you insinuated that white members can't say certain things but non-white ones could. If I misread what you intended, then I apologise.

I also said that the mods try and be lenient with people and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I said that the bar is higher in society in general for something to be considered 'racist speech' against some groups than it is for others. Do you disagree with that? If so, what do you disagree with?

I guess I can agree with this, to a point.

if you mean like non-white comedians joking about white people, if you consider that racist, then yes... The bar isn't that high.

However, depending on how you say it... A white comedian can make jokes about non-white people all day.

But speaking of society at large, there has been far more venom, historically speaking, spewed at non-white peoples in general than the reverse. Non-white peoples have used humor to lift up rather than to tear down. I'm speaking, of course, of the vast majority, rather than any one individual.

history informs our present society just as much as our present will inform the future.

i believe that on THIS forum, however, the mods and MOST of our members have been even handed and fair... And if you've noticed, I haven't gone after Yosh every time he made a racially offensive post or comment. He hung himself with those. I didn't need to say anything, nor did anyone else. And the mods saw his posts and made their ultimate decision.

Far be it from me to speak for the mods, though. I'm just going by the actions they took and what they said in the ban comment.

B_Boss

Shut up, Zoe, nobody cares.

I don’t follow lol. Who’s Zoe?

A fat woman with dyed hair and her hands on her hips. Very cool.

Well I guess it’s an art thing!, I swear I’m honest 😅. You seem to have a different way of seeing (and wording unfortunately) things, different than myself and that’s ok.

You can read about her here.

Ahhh it all makes sense now. I had no idea who this was though I’ve heard of Zoe Quinn and the controversy surrounding her here and there but I’m not so familiar that I’d know her from an image so my comments about the posing, etc, was separate from having knowledge of her, not that it matters lol. Wow....well alright 😅. Thanks ‘holio!

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Would that catch a ban if pointed toward other groups? I haven't seen it. I think the mods try pretty hard to be lenient with people and give the benefit of the doubt. If someone said a school shooting was a "white man's crime" or that "most asians are super-racist", I don't think anyone would bat an eye, TBH.

That seems to be the usual standard in society writ large, anyway. Some people need to walk on eggshells, others can say what they want.

Yosh’s comments have always been extremely racially charged and highly racist... but at every turn he was given a chance by the mods. But he literally defended segregation, he honestly believes black people should be kept uneducated and tried to make an argument that they thrived during Apartheid.

You have to take a stand somewhere when entertaining those types of comments.

Ornlu

Banned

DeafTourette DeafTourette , tagging you since I can't quote your last reply:

I don't know the poster, and am not defending any of their posts. I looked at the one linked in the ban page and at didn't look as bad as many other posts which have not resulted in a perm. And my initial reply was just to what I had bolded from your initial post. If you say the poster has a long history or multiple infractions or w/e is the case, I believe you.

I was saying that what is considered 'racist/hate speech' is going to be viewed more harshly depending on whom the target group is, which I think is wrong, but is currently socially acceptable.

Yosh’s comments have always been extremely racially charged and highly racist... but at every turn he was given a chance by the mods. But he literally defended segregation, he honestly believes black people should be kept uneducated and tried to make an argument that they thrived during Apartheid.

You have to take a stand somewhere when entertaining those types of comments.

Again, I was replying to a comment DeafTourette DeafTourette had made that I bolded. Do you disagree with what I said? If so, what?

In regards to someone having racist or racially charged comments, would you consider your own history of posting to be 'racially charged'? Where is the line?

And to make it clear that I'm not singling you out, my own posting history could be considered 'racially charged', as I tend to ask that all people be treated with an equal standard regardless of the circumstances of their birth.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Again, I was replying to a comment DeafTourette DeafTourette DeafTourette DeafTourette had made that I bolded. Do you disagree with what I said? If so, what?

In regards to someone having racist or racially charged comments, would you consider your own history of posting to be 'racially charged'? Where is the line?

And to make it clear that I'm not singling you out, my own posting history could be considered 'racially charged', as I tend to ask that all people be treated with an equal standard regardless of the circumstances of their birth.

Here’s the thing every time someone brings up my post history they can’t find anything ... I’ve had this conversation multiple times and it’s either they don’t reply back or they say they mistook me for someone else.

Yosh was known for his very colourful ideals. He went over the bar for what we would normally consider straight up racist a while ago but we still engaged with him in good faith.

Ornlu

Banned
Here’s the thing every time someone brings up my post history they can’t find anything ... I’ve had this conversation multiple times and it’s either they don’t reply back or they say they mistook me for someone else.

Yosh was known for his very colourful ideals. He went over the bar for what we would normally consider straight up racist a while ago but we still engaged with him in good faith.

Like I specifically said, I'm not singling you out. I included myself as well to try and keep you from taking it that way.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Oh, Womfalcs.

I will never understand astroturfing boards when you have a demeaning tag, long since have blown your credibility, and everyone is laughing at you.

I genuinely hope they pay him. It’s just sad otherwise.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
4. I DO still feel others have been treated unevenly sometimes. As an example - I see today another person caught a temp for saying the PS5 is 9TF overclocked to 10.2. Yet the constant "Xbox has no games" "XsX no exclusives first TWO years" and many other falsehoods are repeatedly cited by certain members with impunity. For the record I don't know who this particular poster is or if they're even an Xbox fan, I also don't think people should be banned in either case, but if you're going to be so nitpicky on something said about PS5, you need to apply that to Xbox as well.

Just to clarify this point here. That user was trolling from their inception, but we gave them chances - but there are certain 'comments' that are made deliberately to stir the pot. They're like the generic troll statements that prove someone is here just to cause trouble. Here are some examples of that users contributions attempting to start fights everywhere. The 9TF is like a meta comment as it pretty much seals the deal that someone is here, not in good faith. These people are not clever:

However, the same is applied when we see users like this as well:

That was flagged, reply banned and then user was warned as we had a pretty good inkling they would just continue trolling elsewhere which they did. If your 'account' is clean then these are the first steps usually. If you're relatively new and straight into trolling/warring, then you won't get as much leeway (like Thugnificient and Frederic) because you haven't earned that level of goodwill/faith. The above user has been here a couple of years so we will tend to give them a little more room to realise it was too far.

Just to hark back to earlier, youll also notice I did reply to Frederic (who is now also banned) here. Their protestation was based on the fact they were being genuine and just trying to participate asking for a source. It was clear they were not so they were reply banned and warned. They did exactly the same in the next-gen thread and were removed from that and warned again to cut it out. They completely ignored all this which culminated in pathetic posts like these:

Do they look like someone who is here genuinely? For someone who signed up to talk about XsX they do awful little of it. Except fish for moderation actions and then complain in the xbox thread.

We tend not to comment on individuals, but if these individuals are trying to drive a wedge through the community or lie about how they are being treated then all you need to do is ask in here. We might not get to it right away but can quickly clear up any misconceptions. For example, disingenuous users in the meme thread saying they were reply banned and linking to a post that in fact was not the post they were reply banned for. We see all this but we don't stage an intervention all the time because the boards are about you folks and not us or our personalities. If that means taking a lump or two over time so people feel more secure that moderator's aren't going to storm into every thread, it's a fair enough trade off.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I think it's kinda bullshit to just give the shit-stirring a free pass though. People in the Meme Thread are supposed to just brush off the baiting attempts yet people in the Spec OT get reported straight to hell for pretty tame shit.

You seem to give one side a free pass an awful lot. I have witnessed you showcase some pretty obvious double-standards numerous times.

Sure, people should just ignore it, but that doesn't make it cool for it to keep happening in the first place.

I've given up on reporting the constant trolling, thread shitting and user attacks that is happening on gaming side because they are simply being swept under the rug. No report responses, reply bans, nothing.

Just another day when this,

"Looks nice. But still too weak to compare to SSD"

gets you banned while these gems of console warring, trolling, baiting and general thread shitting,

"Ah trying to get in the mind of MS strategy is as bad as fanboys concerend about ps5 overheating and sustained narrative, "

"Looking in at that Matt weighs in on ps5 thread, it really pains me to see the lengths xbox fan boys are going to, to try and discredit anything positive about the ps5."

"So XSX fans, when doyou think MS will be able to match the graphic fidelity shown below

Any ideas when or how ? Do you think it will ever be matched ?

Can XSX stream stuff available to the GPU to process in milliseconds and fractions of a frame necessary (as explained by Tim Sweeny is not the same as raw SSD speed) ?

Any takers ? "

"They're probably coordinating how they will approach this in their private chat and getting a greenlight from big Phil! "

"I actually preferred Xbox's highly technical reveal... 'it's a monster', 'it eats monsters for breakfast'. hahaha "

"Is below just PR to you ? We have seen it on ps5, its too LATE to debunk it as PR, it happened and we have all seen it.

Can you link us to what XSX can do ?"

Are par for the course, not to mention the constant cries of FUD and secret discord conspiracies, or the amazing post histories of users such as vroadstar.

So firstly, let us describe what has been happening. Since we clamped down on console warring, those engaged in it have taken on a new tactic which is to look for articles from various outlets and copy/paste their titles to indemnify themselves from responsibility.

This would probably be happening a whole lot less if one side of the discussion wasn't almost entirely removed from the spec thread while the other side is merrily trolling it and shitting it up every day.

Bryank75

Banned
I've given up on reporting the constant trolling, thread shitting and user attacks that is happening on gaming side because they are simply being swept under the rug. No report responses, reply bans, nothing.

Just another day when this,

"Looks nice. But still too weak to compare to SSD"

gets you banned while these gems of console warring, trolling, baiting and general thread shitting,

"Ah trying to get in the mind of MS strategy is as bad as fanboys concerend about ps5 overheating and sustained narrative, "

"Looking in at that Matt weighs in on ps5 thread, it really pains me to see the lengths xbox fan boys are going to, to try and discredit anything positive about the ps5."

"So XSX fans, when doyou think MS will be able to match the graphic fidelity shown below

Any ideas when or how ? Do you think it will ever be matched ?

Can XSX stream stuff available to the GPU to process in milliseconds and fractions of a frame necessary (as explained by Tim Sweeny is not the same as raw SSD speed) ?

Any takers ? "

"They're probably coordinating how they will approach this in their private chat and getting a greenlight from big Phil! "

"I actually preferred Xbox's highly technical reveal... 'it's a monster', 'it eats monsters for breakfast'. hahaha "

"Is below just PR to you ? We have seen it on ps5, its too LATE to debunk it as PR, it happened and we have all seen it.

Can you link us to what XSX can do ?"

Are par for the course, not to mention the constant cries of FUD and secret discord conspiracies, or the amazing post histories of users such as vroadstar.

This would probably be happening a whole lot less if one side of the discussion wasn't almost entirely removed from the spec thread while the other side is merrily trolling it and shitting it up every day.
I've already got my warning (first gaming related one) today.... I have stopped posting anything too negative about Xbox and will avoid any controversy as best as possible.

GHG

Gold Member
If you were flying the other flag, you'd be lucky to have escaped a perm by now.

The difference is that he's capable of having a discussion when facing up against a view that is different to his own rather than crying and scurrying off into the corner, or even worse, getting personal with people.

The misterxmedia/Greenberg style of communication does not foster healthy discussions, people need to realise this rather than feel like they are unfairly treated everywhere they post. If you're an Xbox fan and you've managed to get yourself banned both here and on other Internet forums (or just multiple times here with alt accounts) then maybe, just maybe, it's time to start realising that you are the problem. Be reasonable and honest with your discussion, be open minded, it's not difficult.

Fans of other platforms who have adopted similar posting styles also get banned, and rightly so. Don't complain about getting your fingers burnt while starting fires.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The difference is that he's capable of having a discussion when facing up against a view that is different to his own rather than crying and scurrying off into the corner, or even worse, getting personal with people.

And that excuses them?
Don't complain about getting your fingers burnt while starting fires.

And I've been banned from where?

I've shown several posts just from today showing a level of thread shitting and/or trolling that simply wouldn't fly in the other direction. This hasn't only been happening over the last couple of days. It goes back beyond even the base reveal of the two consoles.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

I've shown several posts just from today showing a level of thread shitting and/or trolling that simply wouldn't fly in the other direction.

I'm not talking about you, I was speaking generally. To be honest I have no idea who you even are :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And that excuses them?

Edit: when I said "he's" I was referring to Bryank75 Bryank75 . That was in response to you saying he would have been permed had he been an Xbox fan. That was not in reference to you list of shitposts in your previous post. I thought that much would be obvious at least based on what was being quoted.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned

The misterxmedia/Greenberg style of communication does not foster healthy discussions, people need to realise this rather than feel like they are unfairly treated everywhere they post. If you're an Xbox fan and you've managed to get yourself banned both here and on other Internet forums (or just multiple times here with alt accounts) then maybe, just maybe, it's time to start realising that you are the problem. Be reasonable and honest with your discussion, be open minded, it's not difficult.

Fans of other platforms who have adopted similar posting styles also get banned, and rightly so. Don't complain about getting your fingers burnt while starting fires.
Thanks for the kind words. I probably deserved to be reported

I've shown several posts just from today showing a level of thread shitting and/or trolling that simply wouldn't fly in the other direction.
Well, to be fair..the comment about the Xbox presentation was in response to someone saying that Cerny was lying about the SSD speeds and it was all marketing.

I'm not saying I'm a saint but in that instance, you could see why I would respond to what I saw as hypocrisy. It was not what I was warned for in any case.

I've wanted to join Neogaf for years and I want to add to the community, that means building the Xbox side of the community too and I am more than willing to extend the olive branch.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Edit: when I said "he's" I was referring to Bryank75 Bryank75 . That was in response to you saying he would have been permed had he been an Xbox fan. That was not in reference to you list of shitposts in your previous post. I thought that much would be obvious at least based on what was being quoted.

where do you think some of that shit posting comes from?

GHG

Gold Member
Thanks for the kind words. I probably deserved to be reported

You do when you do, you don't when you don't, as it is with everyone.

If you deserve to be reported for every single post you make (which is quite literally the case for some people who frequently get banned) then there is an obvious problem and I have no idea why some people are jumping to their defence.

Nobody is perfect but ffs, it's not as black and white as "all Xbox fans get unfairly treated". We need more Xbox fans like CatLady CatLady , not the shitbags on the ban page.

Bryank75

Banned
You do when you do, you don't when you don't, as it is with everyone.

If you deserve to be reported for every single post you make (which is quite literally the case for some people who frequently get banned) then there is an obvious problem and I have no idea why some people are jumping to their defence.

Nobody is perfect but ffs, it's not as black and white as "all Xbox fans get unfairly treated". We need more Xbox fans like CatLady CatLady , not the shitbags on the ban page.
CatLady CatLady is one of my favorite people! She's great.

Bryank75

Banned

Is that you... Bryank75 Bryank75 ?

tenor.gif
These two...

But as I said, the guy was saying Cerny was lying about SSD speed.

The first one is in relation to a group of people who were calculating bandwidth per unit of memory.... instead of the unified pool because it gave Xbox an advantage to put that spin on it.... so we were wondering how they were so coordinated.

GHG

Gold Member
These two...

But as I said, the guy was saying Cerny was lying about SSD speed.

The first one is in relation to a group of people who were calculating bandwidth per unit of memory.... instead of the unified pool because it gave Xbox an advantage to put that spin on it.... so we were wondering how they were so coordinated.

giphy.gif

Vaztu

Has this community talked about having a thread where everything goes ? Could lessen frustration.

Got the idea from Rick and Morty and Purge. Link

Maybe it might backfire, but wondering if this has been talked/thought about ?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Has this community talked about having a thread where everything goes ? Could lessen frustration.
I still am against it. People who are arguing from a blind fanboy perspective and taking potshots at others just because they choose to buy another toy than them are not beneficial to any kind of productive discussion. Such a thread would signal that kindergarden behaviour is tolerated here and I am farily certain it would have a spill over effect to other threads as well. Better have the console warriors on the ban page than in a thread that will inevitaibly lead to a loss of brain cells in all mods who try to wade through it to moderate. Take yourself a discord room and yell at each other for buying the wrong console, but behave like proper teens and above on the forums.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute

Got the idea from Rick and Morty and Purge. Link

Maybe it might backfire, but wondering if this has been talked/thought about ?
May as well just go to 4chan at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom