• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Obviously not enough.
9EVFa01.gif

Arelyon

Banned
I'm reposting this here to see if I can get an answer:

So I received a warning for this shit, but as I remember I only posted spoilers in thread with spoilers, and the warning doesn't say where I posted spoilers that wasn't allowed.

So where can I complain?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's welcome back gow3isben gow3isben , unjustly permed for not being on board with Colin Moriarty's dad joke deplatforming:

^Yup that is the truth.

Thankfully Neogaf isn't representative of the majority of people and the support he is receiving on social media is really heartening.

Read a bit of that thread if you want to see how insane things were.

Druz

Let's welcome back gow3isben gow3isben , unjustly permed for not being on board with Colin Moriarty's dad joke deplatforming:

I like that there's a hostile time capsule to see some of the insanity. I don't remember the Colin Moriarty drama but that post was incredibly tame. Perma'd...

nush

As far as I know he never did something bannable, did he?

There's a lot more nuance in the moderation now, someone can not be a good fit for the forum or constantly skirt up to the line to avoid being banned. You see people come in this topic all the time trying to lawyer their way around the rules with their own interpretation of the rules or simply saying there is a specific rule that says they cant do what they did etc.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
See? You don't have to report people. I knew he was next when I saw another guy got a ban with this message.

Your history is littered with swipes at the community. If you don't like it, then don't be here. (Reviewed down to 3 days from 1 week)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hated that dude as well, but does that mean we should ban these woke sheeple?

Walk into Walmart and start loudly talking to everyone you see about how awful a retailer they are, and how much you don’t enjoy being there.

That’s basically the problem here. No business, community, or person on earth has to put up with someone trash talking them out of sheer derangement.

Kasual should have considered himself fortunate that said derangement, properly managed, was allowed to stand, rather than getting mad that everyone else wasn’t as deranged as him, and subsequently leveling accusations towards the character and moderation of Gaf.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Funny story, I rarely ever resort to personal insults in arguments here, and i get into alot of them. I've been called all sorts of shit for the positions I take on conversations here.

The very first time I decided to stoop down to being a piece of shit like some of the other posters here and just start overtly calling people names, i immediately got warned for "spreading SJW nonsense" in "previous threads". So people are free to say whatever they want, as long as moderation agrees with them.

And this was during the PS5 games reveal, when the forum was basically flooded with threads of people angry that black people and women were being featured as protagonists in games. I'm sure you can imagine those comments.

I honestly feel like the only reason people dont get banned/warned here more often is specifically to not be accused of being like Era.

But banning/warning policy is mostly irrelevant -- this forum's community is essentially Anti-Era in everything but moderation practice. The kind of shit people say here wouldn't only get them banned on Era, but probably most official non-exclusive forum boards on the internet.

This is a pretty good example of what I was talking about, btw.

Just a trash poster in general, with non-stop trash interactions that nobody will miss.

What I don't get with these kind of people is, why they stay at places that are definitely not their cup of tea.
I'd simply go somewhere else where I feel less triggered instead of just being angry all the time at everybody for not sharing my world view.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
This is a pretty good example of what I was talking about, btw.

Just a trash poster in general, with non-stop trash interactions that nobody will miss.
There are a couple like him around here one of them is this deathbytourette or what ever.

But yeah this guy pissed me off. Total left wing nut. Every time i presented him with facts he resorted to some verbal diarrhea that was unrelated to my post.
Then he just one lined me cuz he was out of argument points and came back several times with a laugh reaction.

-Arcadia-

Banned
There are a couple like him around here one of them is this deathbytourette or what ever.

But yeah this guy pissed me off. Total left wing nut. Every time i presented him with facts he resorted to some verbal diarrhea that was unrelated to my post.
Then he just one lined me cuz he was out of argument points and came back several times with a laugh reaction.

Give DT a chance. Not a fan of his ideology, but he’s pretty cool personally. I don’t know. That’s my impression of him briefly and recently, anyway.

But yeah. I so know what you mean. It’s like they’re rolled off an assembly line.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Hated that dude as well, but does that mean we should ban these woke sheeple?
We can deal with his shit indefinitely or evilore can ban him. The second option is probably better for all parties involved, including him. Don’t forget that one of the key things that made neogaf strong in the first place was the leadership of someone who came in and used their judgement to remove people who are ultimately a net negative to having free discussion.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I remember a member on here back in like 2018 (not mentioning your name you fucking loser LMAO) that basically said he stayed on here after the great exodus to try and 'convert' people to think like they do. Pretty pathetic.

This is exactly it. None of these people can leave well enough alone. Accepting a difference of opinion isn’t remotely in their operating system.

DeafTourette is fine in my book.
I don't need someone to line up with my political world view to be friends with.
Actually at the moment I am having a lot of heated up discussions with close personal leftist leaning friends on the whole BLM aftermath censuring bullshit going on, and they don't understand my strong stance against it.

Yet I know we can have an argument about this (even some strong ones) , decide that we have different view points, and still being friends after that.

It's so important, and it's actually something I learned by being on american forums.
That you need to accept other peoples viewpoints and even defend their right to think different.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think, from the replies here I fully understand now why the gaming community is going to shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

That was fast :messenger_tears_of_joy:

B BlackBuzzard PostJun 25, 2020Permanent This is the third time you've posted racial and identitarian content regarding black people and/or muslims. Goose step your way to another community please

vPdj6hk.png

FranXico

Did anyone ever contact Colin M., I wonder if he would consider coming back.

DKehoe

Could the reasons listed on the ban page be a bit more descriptive than stuff like “LordREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE“? I’m not questioning the ban itself since plenty of people here seem to think it was a long time coming so fair enough. But I think it’s good for the process to be a bit more transparent and also lets the rest of us know what sort of conduct to avoid.

nush

lets the rest of us know what sort of conduct to avoid.

You've made 6k posts, I think you've worked it out by now.

All the users in question have been warned and told what it is about their posting style that unacceptable to the community. Nobodys going to get perma banned for a single post unless it's really extreme.

Last edited:

DKehoe

You've made 6k posts, I think you've worked it out by now.

Then what's the point of the ban page?

Let's say I check out the ban page and see LordKasual has been banned. From the reason given I've got no idea what actually happened. So I look at his post history. His last post was this one about Sony's pricing of first party titles. Is that what got him banned? I'm guessing not. So I then need to look back further. Am I meant to be familiar with the posting history of everyone here to understand why they might be banned?

I feel like the most recent ban (Black Buzzard) is an example of one that explains it well. It highlights what they did that was unacceptable, establishes that it was part of an ongoing pattern and links to the post that was the last straw.

What am I meant to get from “LordREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE“? Is the ban reason there to explain to the person and the community why the ban has happened or just a chance to flip them off one last time on their way out? I don't mind the reason including jokes or whatever since I'm sure some of these people have been a headache to deal with and there's a relief in pulling the trigger. But I thought the whole point was to have some transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom