• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Gold Member
Then what's the point of the ban page?

Let's say I check out the ban page and see LordKasual has been banned. From the reason given I've got no idea what actually happened. So I look at his post history. His last post was this one about Sony's pricing of first party titles. Is that what got him banned? I'm guessing not. So I then need to look back further. Am I meant to be familiar with the posting history of everyone here to understand why they might be banned?

I feel like the most recent ban (Black Buzzard) is an example of one that explains it well. It highlights what they did that was unacceptable, establishes that it was part of an ongoing pattern and links to the post that was the last straw.

What am I meant to get from “LordREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE“? Is the ban reason there to explain to the person and the community why the ban has happened or just a chance to flip them off one last time on their way out? I don't mind the reason including jokes or whatever since I'm sure some of these people have been a headache to deal with and there's a relief in pulling the trigger. But I thought the whole point was to have some transparency.

You've read this topic right, I mean you at least read this page? This topic and that page are the transparency, so maybe a mod will come along and explain it for you. Just worry about yourself and not what everyone else is doing.

DKehoe

Gold Member
You've read this topic right, I mean you at least read this page? This topic and that page are the transparency, so maybe a mod will come along and explain it for you. Just worry about yourself and not what everyone else is doing.

Sure, I got more information from coming on this thread. But is every ban going to get discussed here? LordKasual seemed to be more prominent than a lot of people on GAF so his ban is going to draw more discussion. But as a community do we need to come forward on this thread after every ban to ask what the reasoning for it was? I thought the ban page was meant to give that explanation and accountability. Why does it need to be a two stage process of seeing that the ban happened and then coming here to find out what it was for?

I am thinking about myself. I check the ban page to make sure I'm sticking within the right conduct here. If someone is getting banned for " “LordREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE“ then that doesn't help me avoid doing whatever they actually got banned for.

nush

Gold Member
Sure, I got more information from coming on this thread. But is every ban going to get discussed here? LordKasual seemed to be more prominent than a lot of people on GAF so his ban is going to draw more discussion. But as a community do we need to come forward on this thread after every ban to ask what the reasoning for it was? I thought the ban page was meant to give that explanation and accountability. Why does it need to be a two stage process of seeing that the ban happened and then coming here to find out what it was for?

I am thinking about myself. I check the ban page to make sure I'm sticking within the right conduct here. If someone is getting banned for " “LordREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE“ then that doesn't help me avoid doing whatever they actually got banned for.

At this point, I'm sorry your friend was banned...

DKehoe

Gold Member
At this point, I'm sorry your friend was banned...

I just looked up if I ever interacted with him and my two posts doing so were me disagreeing with what he said. So he's not my friend and as I said earlier I have no issue with him being banned. I don't see what your issue is with this. A more transparent process is better for us all right?

I'm not saying it's some grand conspiracy by the mods or anything malicious. Just that they should maybe avoid the temptation to solely kick the banned person in the balls, however much they might deserve it, with the ban message.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don't understand the hate for Arcadia. He's alright as a poster, pretty fair n shit

I appreciate it, but let’s not pretend like it’s some big thing, lol. I rustle the jimmies of a few people that don’t like brute force honesty.

But... since I know he’s reading this, lol, I do want Claus to know I was mostly just teasing/trolling other than the criticism. Don't take it too personally. You'd know if I were actually angry at you, as opposed to irritated and blowing off steam.

Jtibh

Banned
I really would like to see the notes mods put next to our names to see how close we are getting booted.
I know they do that and keep track of us.

Mine must say little whiny bitch. Dont engage. He will just be a bigger whiny bitch.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really would like to see the notes mods put next to our names to see how close we are getting booted.

Mine must say little whiny bitch. Dont engage. He will just be a bigger whiny bitch.

'Will break arms; do not moderate this poster'

I'd like mine to be "talks 90% bollox, 9% retard, 1% gold"

Jtibh

Banned
I'm not afraid of the man in the mirror. He's a good looking cunt though
I heard that before. Hmmm oh yeah
8slXVda.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
I've heard a rumour that Arcadia has a 'finkle is einhorn' thing going on,

Maybe it should be Tail of Arcadia...

I do not. Lmao.

But you know what. I spent an entire page mocking Claus. And outside of this thread, so many others. Maybe it’s about time I got roasted a little.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I guess is because 'Tales of Arcadia'.

It really is remarkable how much that shows up, ever since I took this name, lol. Just in the last day, I made it to Arcadia in Bioshock, and started Destiny 2, with my Arcadia class fighter.

I half want to pretend it’s just my world or something, all made for me, hahaha, but I guess I stumbled into the name (it was my last, random choice before giving up for the night) that everyone thinks sounds cool.

gow3isben

Let's welcome back gow3isben gow3isben , unjustly permed for not being on board with Colin Moriarty's dad joke deplatforming:

Read a bit of that thread if you want to see how insane things were.

Thanks man! So happy to be part of a gaming forum again. Also I have been stalking this place for months and the atmosphere is much more free and downright hilarious. Can't wait to get involved more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom