• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
no, you can no longer access the profile of banned members.
hes gone. he was the op of this thread.

MetalAlien

Banned
yea like I said he is deleted right?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief

It looks like he was ahead of his time

MetalAlien

Banned
Yes yes...

I4jC8yF.gif

but why?

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness

xQNaovm.jpg

Called it.

MetalAlien

Banned
Do you have a link to that?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Well PKM was banned, even worse erased... I thought this is the right thread? Maybe not?

Half kidding, I understand it its still a discussion on ban justice but I must have missed the transformation from a review of old old bans to new ones. Carry on!

Just a last point as I read the last pages and most have been covered by EviLore EviLore Mod of War Mod of War Faust Faust Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights - It is always more difficult to mod these hot topic issues such as console wars (SSDs vs FLOPS!) TLOU (Oh not they changed my favorite character) SJWs vs Alt Right (We no longer have nuance and compromise!) etc etc. We do our best and we try to be fair and level headed. Keep using report functions and bring issues to us if you have them. Just because we deny a report without a long explanation it doesnt mean we are pissed or something, it might be that we are trying to review from our phones on the go and we think the report is deniable but we dont have time or the will to get into it. Also no one was ever banned for making a single report which was debatable. Its multiple reporting in a vindictive manner that can cause review of the person reporting, and usually they would just lose their reporting privileges.

MetalAlien

Banned
Half kidding, I understand it its still a discussion on ban justice but I must have missed the transformation from a review of old old bans to new ones. Carry on!

Just a last point as I read the last pages and most have been covered by EviLore EviLore Mod of War Mod of War Faust Faust Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights - It is always more difficult to mod these hot topic issues such as console wars (SSDs vs FLOPS!) TLOU (Oh not they changed my favorite character) SJWs vs Alt Right (We no longer have nuance and compromise!) etc etc. We do our best and we try to be fair and level headed. Keep using report functions and bring issues to us if you have them. Just because we deny a report without a long explanation it doesnt mean we are pissed or something, it might be that we are trying to review from our phones on the go and we think the report is deniable but we dont have time or the will to get into it. Also no one was ever banned for making a single report which was debatable. Its multiple reporting in a vindictive manner that can cause review of the person reporting, and usually they would just lose their reporting privileges.
Any insight into why PKM was deleted?

tumblr_pxyj98f07J1x8e6o4o5_500.gifv

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Well PKM was banned, even worse erased... I thought this is the right thread? Maybe not?
They were shitposting for a while before you raised an actual on topic point. I actually had to exercise some conscious restraint to not join in (mods please note for future perm related decisions 😉)

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Any insight into why PKM was deleted?

Pretty sure they linked to some horrible racist twitter and it wasnt the first time for something like that from them. EviLore EviLore has pretty much already mentioned here that we can deal with alt right and we can deal with SJWs, but we dont want obvious crazy racists. I dont think there is any conspiracy.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Mods closed this thread(also removed my post) and asked me to start a new thread
But does this really look thread worthy? That was the only relevant thread I could think of

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Mods closed this thread(also removed my post) and asked me to start a new thread
But does this really look thread worthy? That was the only relevant thread I could think of

Why not the anime community thread? I see you already post in there. We dont bump old thread, its just the rule.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I didnt report you lol either someone else or a mod saw it.

Those tlou2 threads are spicy tho. I hope things will calm down eventually. Maybe when the next gen consoles launch.
I know you didn't mate. Thats why I was surprised

Thank god I have no interest in the game. Don't have time watching a bunch of pathetic defense force and attack force fighting over a game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Silent Duck

Those tlou2 threads are spicy tho. I hope things will calm down eventually. Maybe when the next gen consoles launch.
I know you didn't mate. Thats why I was surprised

Thank god I have no interest in the game. Don't have time watching a bunch of pathetic defense force and attack force fighting over a game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Wait... the TLOU2 threads were serious? :pie_confused:
I thought they were supposed to be part of a running joke.
giphy.gif

Hudo

Is this real? If yes, my opinion of Microsoft has risen significantly. I kinda wanna ask Microsoft Store Twitter now whether they've seen (or read) Rising of the Shield Hero.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Is this real? If yes, my opinion of Microsoft has risen significantly. I kinda wanna ask Microsoft Store Twitter now whether they've seen (or read) Rising of the Shield Hero.
Ah yes, the "Revenge Isekai" genre. At first you like it, but then more and more(like Arifureta) keep coming. At this point I hate the whole genre. Ofcourse, people havent yet seen all the shit this genre can offer.

Let me summarize it for you
  • MC gets isekai'ed with a bunch of other people
  • The hosts/goddess recognize the abilities of everyone other than MC, they are supposedly OP
  • That one ikemen guy who is really strong and hates the MC
  • MC leaves the entourage
  • Training arc where gets stronger
  • MC returns with a harem, everyone stronger than isekai'ed entourage
  • The entourage especially the one ikemen hates the MC like a comic villain to carry the story and develop the character of MC and his harem.

Last edited:

Hudo

Ah yes, the "Revenge Isekai" genre. At first you like it, but then more and more(like Arifureta) keep coming. At this point I hate the whole genre. Ofcourse, people havent yet seen all the shit this genre can offer.

Let me summarize it for you
  • MC gets isekai'ed with a bunch of other people
  • The hosts/goddess recognize the abilities of everyone other than MC, they are supposedly OP
  • That one ikemen guy who is really strong and hates the MC
  • MC leaves the entourage
  • Training arc where gets stronger
  • MC returns with a harem, everyone stronger than isekai'ed entourage
  • The entourage especially the one ikemen hates the MC like a comic villain to carry the story and develop the character of MC and his harem.
I mean, yeah, I can't refute that there's a structure. And if we get down to it, every isekai is basically a variation on the concepts of Sword Art Online. The trick is (for me, anyway) to only read one and ignore the others (unless they are heavily recommended). I kinda like Rising of the Shield Hero because it was my first "Revenge Isekai". However , it seems that Shield Bro will make all the 4 heroes work together to fight other isekai'd groups from other world. So it's more like Isekai Smash Bros.

enver

Banned
Given by
Our Moderation Team Yesterday at 9:46 PM
Details of warning
Tracker: May be our Alt friend

what does this even mean? I'm your alt friend in May? What?

Given by
Our Moderation Team Yesterday at 9:46 PM
Details of warning
Tracker: May be our Alt friend

what does this even mean? I'm your alt friend in May? What?

They probably suspect you might be Meirl. Don't worry if you're innocent you won't get banned.

Just keep in mind that they will be watching you closely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom