• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULZB0URNE

The chip got improved over time. What matters is what the TFs are now. Some people are trying to push the GitHub 9TFs narrative which is just FUD and just causes a mess in the forums.

When you discuss specifications just make it really clear what you're making a reference to.
Well the post did say that they changed it but ok I will be clearer.

dorkimoe

I need to change the email on my account, but the email is used on one of my dupe accounts back during the great purge. Anyway to get that off the old account so I can use it?

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Just dropping this in here for transparency for those who follow this thread. The multiple warnings we spoke about ealier in this thread are now going out to multiple users in private messages. There are some that will be pending if those users are already banned. The contents of this message is as below (the names are withheld for privacy reason). The persistent trouble causers, or those making threads unbearable are now on a specific pathway. This way it is non-discriminatory as it applied to all who received the warnings, in exactly the same way.

To everyone in chain,

This is a staggered message going out to mutliple users via multiple messages across the sites, concerning your conduct in threads. The line in the sand is being drawn. Without a doubt, its always the same names involved in derailing threads, getting into fights or trying to create bait threads. We are not going to gently coax adults to behave over the next six months (or whenever the new consoles release). You have had your chances and the goodwill has been worn out. If you want to fight and bicker, trade twitter handles or set up a dedicated irc somewhere. We are handling a large number of reports from other members on the site, who are frankly fed up of the same people coming in and starting playground fights and pulling hair. We do not care about he said, I said, they did. It stops now.

We don't care how you do it, but we suggest you find a way to converse as adults and stop trying to antagonise one another or you will all be given extended breaks. This is the last courtesy warning we are affording all of you. This encompasses anything that can be construed as console warring, including hiding behind 'it's the article title', including deliberately sliding into threads about another platform to points score etc. This list is not exhaustive. Use your common sense.

Thanks

S0ULZB0URNE S0ULZB0URNE this was your post that was deleted

Sony had a 9.2 TF PS5 ready then they saw the 12.1 TF XSX and it's been a confusing mess ever since.

Provide the evidence and sources that back up your statement, and we will roll back the warning. Show us that Sony were ready to ship your version of the PS5, then after the MS reveal they changed everything. If not, then it will be treated as console war bait and it will remain on your account to take into context against any other driveby antagonistic posts like this you make.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Just dropping this in here for transparency for those who follow this thread. The multiple warnings we spoke about ealier in this thread are now going out to multiple users in private messages. There are some that will be pending if those users are already banned. The contens of this message is as below (the names are withheld for privacy reason). The persistent trouble causers, or those making threads unbearable are now on a specific pathway. This way it is non-discriminatory as it applied to all who received the warnings, in exactly the same way.

Provide the evidence and sources that back up your statement, and we will roll back the warning. Show us that Sony were ready to ship your version of the PS5, then after the MS reveal they changed everything. If not, then it will be treated as console war bait and it will remain on your account to take into context against any other driveby antagonistic posts like this you make.
[/QUOTE]
I am sure you got bored at this point. Can’t blame you if you are honestly. Nobody likes to repeat theirselves 100 times

nush

Gold Member
This way it is non-discriminatory as it applied to all who received the warnings,

Gaf mods will still be accused of being Sony Ponies/Xbots depending on who gets the message.

It's actually a solid clear message, hopefully the more level headed posters that got it will take a moment and let the others come in here and account suicide complaining about bias, why they got a warning, it's not fair, I was joking and not the other person etc.

My popcorn is ready.

Good morning! I just woke up to the not-so-great news that I received a warning and a ban from the thread I'm linking below. I honestly don't understand what justifies such harsh reaction, considering nothing I wrote in my posting is untrue or insulting anybody. I don't want to receive further punished, so I'd like to understand what I did wrong here. Thank you.

Good morning! I just woke up to the not-so-great news that I received a warning and a ban from the thread I'm linking below. I honestly don't understand what justifies such harsh reaction, considering nothing I wrote in my posting is untrue or insulting anybody. I don't want to receive further punished, so I'd like to understand what I did wrong here. Thank you.

I think calling the PS5 a Toy design may have done it.

I get your points as to why you won't be buying yet of course, but I think the Toy term may have been inflammatory.

The next comment you made may have also caused a warning by telling someone they will like it if it sounds like a Jet Engine. :LOL:

Last edited:
I think calling the PS5 a Toy design may have done it.

I get your points as to why you won't be buying yet of course, but I think the Toy term may have been inflammatory.

The next comment you made may have also caused a warning by telling someone they will like it if it sounds like a Jet Engine. :LOL:

Hm, but the term "jet engine" is commonly used to describe the PS4's loudness, so I thought that'd be fine. And that the launch-PS5 looks like a toy with all its curves and plastic and such is my honest opinion, not intended to rile anyone up. Imagine if a PS5 Pro comes in 2-3 years and looks like a PS4, much more minimalistic, mature. That's what I meant here.

hm ...

nush

Gold Member
Hm, but the term "jet engine" is commonly used to describe the PS4's loudness, so I thought that'd be fine. And that the launch-PS5 looks like a toy with all its curves and plastic and such is my honest opinion, not intended to rile anyone up. Imagine if a PS5 Pro comes in 2-3 years and looks like a PS4, much more minimalistic, mature. That's what I meant here.

hm ...

English is your 2nd language right?

hm ...

I understand where you are coming from, and personally don't see any ill will from your comments.

However, I think when you told someone if they enjoy loud noises, to buy a PS5 could be seen as trying to bait someone that the XsX is better.

I think the warning should be revoked but perhaps the Mod can explain why you got that flag for more clarity.

nush

Gold Member
Yes, why?

It's a common problem when speaking second language in that nuance and perception of the words you are speaking are understood differently by native speakers. Add in the fact that people on the internet are not aware you are speaking second language becuse they cant see or hear you and then your intention differs from the reception. Then you also add in the cultrual differences between different countries and you can be misunderstood despite have a good level of English.

Calling the first revision a toy console is perceived as saying it's a children's console, even though that's not your intent. To say what you wanted to say you'd need to word it as this "I don't want to buy the first revision of a console as it will be improved in the future".

EviLore EviLore Here's a business challenge for you. How to identify 2nd language English speakers without people abusing it claiming they were speaking 2nd langauge and were just misunderstood or being dismissed because they are not from the same country.

Calling the first revision a toy console is perceived as saying it's a children's console, even though that's not your intent. To say what you wanted to say you'd need to word it as this "I don't want to buy the first revision of a console as it will be improved in the future".

no, no, I *did* intend to express that the launch-design looks like a children's toy :D Here in Germany (and probably in many places in the world) we often have festival markets where cheap off-brand toys are being sold, from cars to transformers to water pistols and stuff. With how curvy and plastic-y the PS5 looks, it makes me think of these toys.

I'm *not* saying that the PS5 itself is for children. It is for children, adults, for everyone, just like every video game system. I was talking strictly about its design.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What did I do.

JOUixr9.jpg
Guten tag!

Like Sega has said before me, you called a console a toy. Wheter it is a kids toy or you calling it a chinese cheap ass toy you still called it a toy. Obviously that insulted somebody, you were reported and it came off as CONSOLE WARRING since you did get a warning for it.

I think it looks like an air purifier/alienware myself. The color is what really kills it though.

edit : had to add a greeting

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of wish I knew what mod banned me from this thread, claiming it was low effort. I was under the impression that when you read it, the reader could visualize with their mind what was happening behind the scenes at Epic.

eh oh well. What's happening in here? GIF's of people without eyes? Clearly we are still on the rails in this thread.

Well you could always try asking them that question here if you like.

Pretty sure Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights or EviLore EviLore can help you with that here.

S0ULZB0URNE

Just dropping this in here for transparency for those who follow this thread. The multiple warnings we spoke about ealier in this thread are now going out to multiple users in private messages. There are some that will be pending if those users are already banned. The contents of this message is as below (the names are withheld for privacy reason). The persistent trouble causers, or those making threads unbearable are now on a specific pathway. This way it is non-discriminatory as it applied to all who received the warnings, in exactly the same way.

I was going by the 4chan "leak" which was common knowledge and like 99% right.
I AM NOT saying it's 9.2 TF now cause it's not.
Wasn't trying to console war and in fact PS is my main.
With all the "talk" of variable frequencies,boost clocks and now that thread I chimed in on the confusion that points back to 4chan.

thx 4 the reply

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I was going by the 4chan "leak" which was common knowledge and like 99% right.
I AM NOT saying it's 9.2 TF now cause it's not.
Wasn't trying to console war and in fact PS is my main.
With all the "talk" of variable frequencies,boost clocks and now that thread I chimed in on the confusion that points back to 4chan.

thx 4 the reply
9.2 TF comes from the Github leak supposedly based on a very early build. Initially debunked in favour of Tommy Fisher/Osiris Black in NeoGaf and Kleegamefan in ResetEra, but after the final specs people found out it was the closest.
But, its very stupid to talk about those leaked specs now. I was also hardly posting on GAF during those leaks, so I missed a lot of drama.

Last edited:

This thread, like any Xbox related thread became an instant shit show. You guys said to report, well its a few pages deep and still going.
That's not an Xbox thread...that's pure console war bait. We all know why that was there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom