• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman

Banned
I hadn't seen this thread before but I just looked at the 1st page. Yeah, here's the thing, that thread wasn't about Game Pass or whether you like GaaS or Halo or MP . It was a positive Halo thread about the fact that Halo MP will be free to play and will run at 120fps. It appears the initial responses were very positive even from some Sony fans until you popped in with less than 20 responses posted and dropped in to make this negative & irrelevant shitpost bitching about Game Pass:

Later on in the posts you linked you managed to let us know you also don't like Halo or multiplayer. It's pretty obvious you were there to troll and maybe you honestly don't realize how you come across, but it seems like you do a lot of negative trolling especially anything positive about Xbox.
Again never said I liked it(never even tried to hide it, why would I?), I really don't get how it's relevant. In fact I dislike it very much, but that is not relevant to what I said.

The news is that Halo became F2P. Exactly what I said was going to be the effect of Gamepass (making games more GaaS/F2P) and that people refuse to accept while trying to push gamepass as the future.

I have the wrong opinion then, one that warrants me a warning, but people going crazy over my opinion is acceptable behavior. Reminds me of something...

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Freeman Freeman "Report me for trolling MS threads > 08/02" already? I thought you were cool what happened now after your return?

200w.webp
Where do we sign up?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Irrespective of OP and anything else, this...

It's becoming a habit for you to enter threads and shitpost about them. How about you stick to topics that interest you and you don't try and start console wars?

...is good advice for everyone.

Have more fun on Gaf rather than constantly trying to score obnoxious gotchas and hot takes on things you don’t like.

They tend to look at behavior patterns not just a single instance, they also tend to look at a thread's general flow, it's not about not allowing disagreement it's about which posters disturb that flow. Again, the flow being in a certain direction is NOT because it's an echo chamber prior to that person posting, it's more that the debate that includes positive and negative takes hasn't derailed the thread and made it more about that poster than the topic. That's what I tend to see with the moderation, the idea is to make sure the individual threads facilitate healthy discussion... this CAN mean that someone who is articulate, reasonable and so forth but posts a view "beyond the pale" for that thread can still derail the thread and that can still be construed as a problem. As an anecdotal example let's say you have a thread about next-gen consoles and as people debate the pros and cons you... politely, articulately and carefully put forward an argument that you predict both consoles will be less powerful than an eventual new Nintendo console such as a Switch Pro which will be akin' to a space age PC when it launches. No matter how well you put your ideas forward and how theoretical and impossible to prove/disprove they are, it's such a wild take that it could derail the thread especially if you keep insisting on such a stance and argue it with every person. That's kind of a weird example but you get it. Sometimes you'll have certain threads dedicated to something in specific, like each console has its own thread, games have their own threads as well as community threads, if you go into the HaloGAF community thread to tell everyone every Halo game is bad and always has been you're disrupting that thread no matter how well worded your reply, it doesn't mean you can't have that viewpoint, it's respecting the intention of threads and the environment they're meant to create.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They tend to look at behavior patterns not just a single instance, they also tend to look at a thread's general flow, it's not about not allowing disagreement it's about which posters disturb that flow. Again, the flow being in a certain direction is NOT because it's an echo chamber prior to that person posting, it's more that the debate that includes positive and negative takes hasn't derailed the thread and made it more about that poster than the topic. That's what I tend to see with the moderation, the idea is to make sure the individual threads facilitate healthy discussion... this CAN mean that someone who is articulate, reasonable and so forth but posts a view "beyond the pale" for that thread can still derail the thread and that can still be construed as a problem. As an anecdotal example let's say you have a thread about next-gen consoles and as people debate the pros and cons you... politely, articulately and carefully put forward an argument that you predict both consoles will be less powerful than an eventual new Nintendo console such as a Switch Pro which will be akin' to a space age PC when it launches. No matter how well you put your ideas forward and how theoretical and impossible to prove/disprove they are, it's such a wild take that it could derail the thread especially if you keep insisting on such a stance and argue it with every person. That's kind of a weird example but you get it. Sometimes you'll have certain threads dedicated to something in specific, like each console has its own thread, games have their own threads as well as community threads, if you go into the HaloGAF community thread to tell everyone every Halo game is bad and always has been you're disrupting that thread no matter how well worded your reply, it doesn't mean you can't have that viewpoint, it's respecting the intention of threads and the environment they're meant to create.
Good points.

Also, many of the banned members who do console warrioring seem to have a posting history that is probably close to 100% smacktalking fanboy posts.

They seem to live in only a small number of select threads posting only warrior messages. So when you see them in the Ban tab and check their posts to see what they said lately it's pages of the same thing in the same 2-3 console threads..

Freeman

Banned
That sounds like the kind of excuses you would get from people that are trying to make McDonald's stop selling burgers to make it more healthy.

As I said before if I said the same things I do about EA or Ubi, I would not have a warning, so it's only a matter of Xbox fans being snowflakes.

Same thing with Phil and Don Mattrick, it's always open season on Donny but you have to pretend not to see Phil's bullshit.

I wasn't on HaloGaf, whatever that is, I was on a news posts saying MS's biggest IP just went F2P.

I'll not change how I post and if I get banned it will be just like last time and I'll wear it as a badge of honor. Nothing is more lame than a safe space and this corporate kumbaya worship "we are all gamers", ew.

On old Gaf I got a warning for saying the 3DS hardware was trash, that's just true. Sometime there is more truth behind a hot take than on tame posts that don't give it to you straight.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Sounds like the kind of people that would ban burgers on McDonald to make it healthy.

As I said before if I said the same things I do about EA or Ubi, I would not have a warning, so it's only a matter of Xbox fans being snowflakes.

Same thing with Phil and Don Mattrick, it's always open season on Donny but you have to pretend not to see Phil's bullshit.

I wasn't on HaloGaf, whatever that is, I was on a news posts saying MS's biggest IP went F2P.
You are free but you complain about other people not having the same opinion as you instead of having their own ?

bronk

Banned
I'll not change how I post and if I get banned it will be just like last time and I'll wear it as a badge of honor. Nothing is more lame than a safe space and this corporate kumbaya worship "we are all gamers", ew.

On old Gaf I got a warning for saying the 3DS hardware was trash, that's just true.

Your avatar looks so annoying

Freeman

Banned
You are free but you complain about other people not having the same opinion as you instead of having their own ?
I'm complaining about what? I only have a problem with me getting a warning while some guy PM insults and get away with it.

Where did I complain about anyone's opinion? It doesn't bother me at all to see people that don't agree with me.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
How do you know he didn’t get a warning?
He doesn't have a mark on him like me.

Also just realized he is probably a clone, since he has 30 messages and joined this year.

His forth post is him already calling people Pony Chills and he is going around PM insults to people. Yet I get the warning.

Out of my 6000 or so posts, I got in trouble 3 times (including my unfair permaban) and never sent hate mail to anyone.

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
The tag is different then a warning. You got a warning and a custom tag, and I think you didn’t get the tag until a while after your warning. When you first came in here to question the warning the tag wasn’t there. (If I recall correctly)
Hum, I should have a tag like this then: "Trigger warning: ignore this guy if you are too sensible."

Problem solved.

I'll move on now, I said what I felt needed to be said about it. It is what is it.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

The tag is different then a warning. You got a warning and a custom tag, and I think you didn’t get the tag until a while after your warning. When you first came in here to question the warning the tag wasn’t there. (If I recall correctly)
I thought he had that tag already, tbh, but the date has since changed.

notseqi

It's not being able to take a step back for a sec and say 'dont think we're gonna end up on the same page here' and always trying to get the last word in. Shows some kind of immaturity, not being able to process a warning that nice and writing about it another in some sense, but it can also be helpul if people point out where you went wrong in this thread.

Just take it as constructive criticism and think or ask how you can improve. In a sense we're a society that should be self correcting, I see reporting or ignoring somebody as a last ditch effort.
You probably were a bit of a dick.

Freeman

Banned
It's not being able to take a step back for a sec and say 'dont think we're gonna end up on the same page here' and always trying to get the last word in. Shows some kind of immaturity, not being able to process a warning that nice and writing about it another in some sense, but it can also be helpul if people point out where you went wrong in this thread.

Just take it as constructive criticism and think or ask how you can improve. In a sense we're a society that should be self correcting, I see reporting or ignoring somebody as a last ditch effort.
You probably were a bit of a dick.
Freeman Freeman every text you post make EviLore EviLore proud bringing you back from the dead, i have to admit, that Mod who banned you had that spiderman 6th sense.

main-qimg-55826a58361d79b272197736407546f1.webp
UnrealisticLimpingKoala-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Does anyone have any experience getting thread posting privileges removed? I assume I did something wrong, but I'd like to know what so I don't do it again.

Does anyone have any experience getting thread posting privileges removed? I assume I did something wrong, but I'd like to know what so I don't do it again.
Sadly I have some experience with that. You probably created too many edgy or threads that are not a good fit for Neogaf.
Don't beg to have them returned and don't be a bitch about it and one day they'll be given back to you.
Just don't go full retard and be salty about it. Trust me, I have experience.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sadly I have some experience with that. You probably created too many edgy or threads that are not a good fit for Neogaf.
Don't beg to have them returned and don't be a bitch about it and one day they'll be given back to you.
Just don't go full retard and be salty about it. Trust me, I have experience.

Yeah, not salty about it. Just genuinely wanted to know what I did wrong. The one good thing about REEEE is they give clear reasons why bannings were issued or threads were locked. If I did the crime I'll do the time.

nush

Gold Member

Post 15, read it. Also console warring, of course.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I tried PMing a few mods but they're probably inundated with messages so I don't expect a speedy response. No big deal.

Post 15, read it. Also console warring, of course.

Wait a second! Are members with GOLD names moderators?! This is invaluable information if true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom