• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
None of us on the team care about console wars beyond the negative impact it can have on the boards when users go too far. Having some fun with it is fine, but you should have a sense of when you’re crossing the line and being disruptive by now.

If you instigate and then go crying to the mods to try to get other users actioned, we’ll notice and won’t view you in a positive light. Maybe that worked for you in grade school but it won’t work here.

I appreciate that we have a lot of level-headed, mature regulars who step in to push back against BS in this thread.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Posts that annoy the mods are posts that annoy the mods; they've clearly stated they don't have lines (Outside of inherent human bias, but welcome to being a human) and would rather just all the bull shit stop in the first place, regardless of "party lines."

I mean really, it's just a vetted dude, they'd probably want him help putting out fires instead of starting them. I'm pretty sure the decision was heavily discussed before banning him, but I'd figure that'd be the last thought behind it

None of us on the team care about console wars beyond the negative impact it can have on the boards when users go too far. Having some fun with it is fine, but you should have a sense of when you’re crossing the line and being disruptive by now.

If you instigate and then go crying to the mods to try to get other users actioned, we’ll notice and won’t view you in a positive light. Maybe that worked for you in grade school but it won’t work here.

I appreciate that we have a lot of level-headed, mature regulars who step in to push back against BS in this thread.
Look at you beating me to speaking for you guys >.>

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

More reasons why I always have a much better time on these forums than the ones I used in the early 2000's (like IGN forums). It's more enjoyable when you have experts who can talk tech about a console and have members who like just about platform. When I was in middle-school, there were brand wars on the school ground. Xbox wasn't around then, but it was enough that Dreamcast had just come out, many already owned an N64 or PS1. I was in a public school and I think only 2 or 3 kids could afford the Dreamcast at launch, so it wasn't much talked about. However, those whose parents only bought them a PS1 or N64 (and not both) would go on about "the graphics" and "the games / exclusives." Somehow, I figured we would all grow out of that. Nice to see the forum takes care of that. I've enjoyed all platforms and my wife likewise. So, there's never been a preference for favorites. Thanks for keeping it cool always!

Bo_Hazem

Banned

giphy.gif

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
He is a funny guy. I like him. Hopefully he just decided to take a break and is playing video games or reading a good book in his armchair by the fireplace.

I hope you're right, he totally cracks me up and humor is priceless these days with the dire state of the world and the even more serious issue of the Great Console Warz of 2020. It's bad enough we lost Chunk, would hate to lose Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity too.

pawel86ck

Banned
So here are my suggestions for you:
1. Avoid the Next gen spec thread like Covid-19
2. Stay away from contentious Sony topics
3. Stick to Xbox, Nintendo, PCMR and non-Sony exclusive game threads
4. You made a quality thread about what qualifies as Next Gen Graphics - Make a new one comparing XsX and PC.only, Us Xbots aren't dumb enough to think the XsX will beat a high end PC especially with the new nvidia cards and we won't get offended.
5. Just don't engage with the worst of the Sony fan boys. If they attack you report them, but don't waste you time arguing or even responding to them
6. Don't quit GAF, you have a lot of knowledge, experience and valuable insight and there are plenty of us that appreciate it.
I think even if VFXVeteran will stay away from Sony related threads playstation fans will still make fun of him. Unfortunately he can only blame himself, because some of his predictions / leaks were just absurd. Either his friends (his sources) were making fun of him, or VFXVeteran was making fun of us.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Because they’re a bunch of sad toxic wanna be trolls.

No wonder all the cool people left this forum.

And this is what’s left of it. Trash.

And I’m here cuz I’m banned.

So this is what has become of Neogaf.

By the way all of you missed my point. The poll was for fun. If you actually read my post, you’d have known that my main point of concern is not being able to see the inventory grid and not keyboard and mouse you fucking morons.

UserPostGivenExpiresReason
enbred enbred PostSep 12, 2020Permanent The trash left. Sometimes it blows back in though, and we need to burn it.

CsmrAiK.png

So @VFXVeteran got in touch with me and asked if I could post this on behalf of him.
That's the most pathetic thing I've read from VFX. Dude needs to step out of his basement and realize he's more successful than 95% of GAF when it comes to actual real-world success/life.

You'd think I'd be a Jim Bro if I had a successful and lucrative career in real-life? FUCK NO!

Clarissa

Banned
Ya'll Triggered over a low tier fanboy whereas I'm friends/frenemies with a

Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony

Who's also considered the greatest fanboy in my country and known as a Celestial of Nintendo. And I need to read his messages daily.

Ya'll need to chill and grow thicker skin. The reason why I share some of his messages is to let you all know that a fanboy of this magnitude exists.

And that fanboying is harmless if you don't let it get to you. Just read their ridiculous messages, laugh it off and enjoy your games.

Never ever let what people say about something you like/love affect you. You're better than that!

And all you console warrior fanboys. Ya'll need to get on my friend's level. Step up your game! My friend's telling eveyone that the ps5 is made in Wuhan factories and everyone who buys the ps5 will contract the coronavirus. :messenger_squinting_tongue: :messenger_squinting_tongue: :messenger_squinting_tongue:

VFX is just a stormtrooper. My friend is Darth fuckin Vader.

Lastly, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are billion dollar companies. They don't need you to take care of them. Take care of yourself, your family, your mental health and wellbeing. It's way more important than anything! Love one another too! :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's give a warm welcome back to mclaren777 mclaren777 , who ate an unjust perm way back in 2012 for some mild comments about Obama vs Herman Cain:

Hardly. I genuinely like Cain, which is more than I can say about any other candidate.

Plus, I still feel cheated about Obama being the first African-American president. He might have an African father, but he acts whiter than I do. And I'm white.

Even though he clarified about the "how a black person should act" comment to say "however he wants," ostensibly defusing the situation, and generally praising black people:

However he wants.

Random fact: I love black people and I wish more of them lived around here.

...that wasn't enough for you-know-who.

jqVpIvC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom