• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Should I not update to the newest one?
I updated my. No problem at all, but is hard to recommend firmware update since when they get problem they fuck the console for good. For now, no reports of problem by this update.

Last edited:
When the mods ban facial hair, but you find a way around it.

jKZASnh.jpg

That’s it? Those rules are way too vague. For instance, not a word about "console-warring" which half the usernase is banned on a constant basis for. Inflammatory remarks is so broad I didn’t even know putting down a game system was forbidden here and until this day, I still am not certain what constitutes console-warring. You guys should update those rules. They’re muddy as hell.

Also: We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you), typically in (but not limited to) the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Reveal it to who? The rest of the forum? Not that I’d ever be caught for something of the sort but this has me curious.

Flintty

That’s it? Those rules are way too vague. For instance, not a word about "console-warring" which half the usernase is banned on a constant basis for. Inflammatory remarks is so broad I didn’t even know putting down a game system was forbidden here and until this day, I still am not certain what constitutes console-warring. You guys should update those rules. They’re muddy as hell.

Also: We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you), typically in (but not limited to) the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Reveal it to who? The rest of the forum? Not that I’d ever be caught for something of the sort but this has me curious.

‘II. Expected Behaviour’ kinda covers it, and the vast majority of us seem to get on fine with these TOS.

NeoGAF is a forum for holding civil, evidence-based discussion. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions. At the same time, do not derail threads around yourself or attempt to respond to every single reaction among dozens after posting a comment that is reacted to severely en masse.

If you want the tldr: Don’t act a dick during civil discussions - we have meme threads for that.

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
So are the mods on strike or something? Multiple threads have been posted in the wrong section and not switched over and multiple debunked completely pointless threads are still unlocked (some have been around for days or weeks).

What's going on?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So are the mods on strike or something? Multiple threads have been posted in the wrong section and not switched over and multiple debunked completely pointless threads are still unlocked (some have been around for days or weeks).

What's going on?
Report the OP with your reason why. Eg: Wrong section or debunked and see if they respond.

KingT731

So see TherapistGaymer got banned in that George Floyd thread. That thread has been a hotbed for racist conjecture and juxtaposition for a while yet if you call it out you get modded? Make it make sense.

notseqi

So see TherapistGaymer got banned in that George Floyd thread. That thread has been a hotbed for racist conjecture and juxtaposition for a while yet if you call it out you get modded? Make it make sense.
Enough people reported citing valid reasons to shine a light on his activities, I guess. The way it should be.

ethomaz

Banned
Hello mods.

Should I ask why I was banned? Because the ban description imo doesn’t make sense.

BTW I’m glad my thread got exposure (over 800 replies) and DF made the video and the next one was up 5s after the news.

PS. I’m a nobody but I guess you mods have enough internal evidences about why DF acts like they acting...

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hello mods.

Should I ask why I was banned? Because the ban description imo doesn’t make sense.

BTW I’m glad my thread got exposure (over 800 replies) and DF made the video and the next one was up 5s after the news.

PS. I’m a nobody but I guess you mods have enough internal evidences about why DF acts like they acting...

Have a good day.
Possibly something to do with that custom tag and you enlisting in the war recently. Just a guess.

ethomaz

Banned
Possibly something to do with that custom tag and you enlisting in the war recently. Just a guess.
So expose something for the community is ban worth? And what war exactly?

I don’t think that was the reason.

PS. The tag is not accurate because they did the video... the issue was how they don’t give the attention a tech site like them need to do... it was like AnandTech not covering some nVidia or AMD news asap.

Last edited:

notseqi

Hello mods.

Have a good day.
DIO TRASFORMATORE ELLETRICO

notseqi

So expose something for the community is ban worth? And what war exactly?

I don’t think that was the reason.

PS. The tag is not accurate because they did the video... the issue was how they don’t give the attention a tech site like them need to do... it was like AnandTech not covering some nVidia or AMD news asap.
You got slapped. Take it or keep on pretending you're not a bitch.

ethomaz

Banned
Sorry guys most replies makes no sense.
Let’s wait the mods reply to have a better understanding.

I’m not sure why you guys are posting off topic posts in the thread.

PS. Maybe is some type of joke I don’t know.

Last edited:
Sorry guys most replies makes no sense.
Let’s wait the mods reply to have a better understanding.

I’m not sure why you guys are posting off topic posts in the thread.

PS. Maybe is some type of joke I don’t know.
You said:
So change the name to XboxFoundry.
Nobody will complain they are not doing their work anymore.

This was likely the post that got you banned, going by your tag. Construed as console warrior behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom