• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
life is short, do not get angry. I apologize to you.
You were on a thread where a person was killed over a belief, not a physical threat and after 30 messages back and forth with One. He was PISSED you found it ok to kill someone if someone got offended. You proceeded to edit your comment to

"Today's moral is, Respect the religion of others."

Comprendez o te haces?

Apologizing is fine, but your mindset is the same, as seen by the edited post.

I'm also not angry. This is amusing, however.
Bruh you are seething.

A small group of people would like to morally busybody, and bring us closer to old Gaf, one censored comment and ban at a time.

They shouldn’t be listened to.
Agreed.

Ban someone that’s incapable of discussing Nancy Pelosi or Donald Trump without a murderous spergout, sure, but are we really going to get offended over people saying a murderer should receive the same he gave?

Ridiculous.
This isn't about bans. Mob justice is animal mentality no different than the criminal that did it. You are either better or the same as someone. However I do believe in the death penalty.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This isn't about bans. Mob justice is animal mentality no different than the criminal that did it. You are either better or the same as someone. However I do believe in the death penalty.

Nobody brought up mob justice. Stop wriggling out of it. A bunch of people were venting that the criminal should be killed in the same fashion. Your original post would have us believe that moderators need to defend murderers, pedophiles, etc., from harsh rhetoric on Gaf. Even religions.

Which, no.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
You were on a thread where a person was killed over a belief, not a physical threat and after 30 messages back and forth with One. He was PISSED you found it ok to kill someone if someone got offended. You proceeded to edit your comment to

"Today's moral is, Respect the religion of others."

Comprendez o te haces?

Bruh you are seething.

Agreed.

I edited my message again By the way for cultural tip.... the is word "Comprendes"

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Your original post would have us believe that moderators need to defend murderers, pedophiles, etc., from harsh rhetoric on Gaf. Even religions.
This post?
That thread is something else man.

TBF on that same thread we have people saying shit like "man they should have beheaded the guy as well" and "fuck x religion". I thought nonexistent cat mentioned people behaving better in that same subforum and that we would judge the individual not the group. So what happened?

No. Just no. it was very cut and clear what I meant. Specially the follow up posts that was a response to another member literally asking for a better way of posting just a few weeks back. The only reason I asked was because of that smh.

KingT731

Don't play fucking dumb now. Posts here that you are complaining about being racist without getting modded, the whole reason you are posting in this topic at all.
First don't curse at me. My post wasn't about myself it was about someone else getting banned. You should read and just take a quick stroll through the politics threads and it's not hard to spot at all. Sometimes it's actually moderated and other times it's the blind eye.

nush

Gold Member
First don't curse at me. My post wasn't about myself it was about someone else getting banned. You should read and just take a quick stroll through the politics threads and it's not hard to spot at all. Sometimes it's actually moderated and other times it's the blind eye.

So no receipts then? Walking it back? Figures.

tenor.gif

Kagey K

Banned
On that note- get this thread back in order. Take any further conversation about this back to politics, or DMs.

Thank you.
Just replying to say I’m digging the All Hallows’ Eve theme you have taken on. You should switch the Avatar to something Kratos evil for the next bit just to match.

I was hoping to see more horror themed avatars this month, but so far it seems like you, Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity and myself are the only ones to really embrace the season.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is there a reason Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme isn't banned?

This isn't a commentary on Islam. Just that this person seems to strongly condone beheading people for drawing a picture offensive to their religion.

Personally, if I thought the same, I would have to go on a shooting spree at Atlus, due to all the religious depictions in the SMT series (nevermind fighting them as bosses).
this guy should be banned and deported to saudi arabia. they will find like minded people there.

easily the most despicable thing i've read on this forum. this kind of nonsense has no place in not just western society but also on forums where ideas are meant to be exchanged instead of censored because someone's feelings might get hurt.

On that note- get this thread back in order. Take any further conversation about this back to politics, or DMs.

Thank you.

This isnt politics. this guy is defending beheadings by terrorists. surely, this should be against the TOS, no?

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned
So see TherapistGaymer got banned in that George Floyd thread. That thread has been a hotbed for racist conjecture and juxtaposition for a while yet if you call it out you get modded? Make it make sense.

I don't think they got banned for "calling out racist conjecture and juxtaposition". Even a blind man would see that was for throwing out some flagrant unhinged racist shit.

notseqi

Valid around here tends to be extremely subjective....
We are relying on the subjectiveness of mods on the matter of subjectiveness of people who have reported, i.e. a democratic process.

What do you want? Cloudstormed brain-AI'd auto bans for people who know how to write a word or two?
No no, Mister.
Apart from your very boring posts complaining about somethingorother without substantiating your claims you're not swinging me to blob justice.

KingT731

We are relying on the subjectiveness of mods on the matter of subjectiveness of people who have reported, i.e. a democratic process.

What do you want? Cloudstormed brain-AI'd auto bans for people who know how to write a word or two?
No no, Mister.
Apart from your very boring posts complaining about somethingorother without substantiating your claims you're not swinging me to blob justice.
So dont reply to them. Thanks.

MrS

Banned
Every human on this earth should have the right to take the piss out of anything they want to, without having to worry about whether they are going to be physically attacked because of it.
Do you think that everybody should be able to go around insulting, as one persons joke comment is another persons insult, one another without the realistic possibility of reprisal? That's cloud cuckoo land thinking, my friend. If you want to promote freedom of speech, don't be afraid or appalled by the consequential freedom of action that the maligned will inevitably take. If I or a stranger took the piss out of you, I'm sure you'd have something to say about it.

Last edited:

notseqi

Do you think that everybody should be able to go around insulting, as one persons joke comment is another persons insult, one another without the realistic possibility of reprisal? That's cloud cuckoo land thinking, my friend. If you want to promote freedom of speech, don't be afraid or appalled by the consequential freedom of action that the maligned will inevitably take.
Yes, my friend. Be judged by your peers. If you mouth off in a bar you get dinked, if you mouth off here you might get banned. Way easier here to be out of line but there are people to either make you better at arguing your point or to make you think differently about your point.
As long as we're sticking to words it's great.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Banned
Yes, my friend. Be judged by your peers. If you mouth off in a bar you get dinked, if you mouth off here you might get banned. Way easier here to be out of line but there are people to either make you better at arguing your point or to make you think differently about your point.
As long as we're sticking to words it's great.
Words on GAF are banter for the most part. I was referring to real life situations where things can quickly escalate, where your words and actions could actually have fatal consequences.

notseqi

Words on GAF are banter for the most part. I was referring to real life situations where things can quickly escalate, where your words and actions could actually have fatal consequences.
Tuck your chin and avoid the punches. Nobody would go that hard in a real life situation, mostly because the context is lost on somebody not privy to the whole goings-on. Even then I'd take personal disposition into account.
Depends on the person you are. I will correct you privately if that is enough. Told a guy in his ear who invited himself to our table to stop touching our barmaid who voiced her concerns to me. He listened for the evening but repeated his antics at some point when I wasn't up for a drink, turned up, did a slight slapperino.

Not here. Here you can think about what you are writing and send a little later, it is the typical cold blood situation. If you have to answer as fast as possible without weighing the opposite view then you are probably no good for that post. Subsequent posts might redeem you but it points in a direction.

edit: you can even apologize, change what you had wanted to say, pull a comment, just be upfront
last nights shit had me going a fair bit though, didn't realize that politics shit spilled into meta/ban review

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: MrS

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
T Tarek just demonstrated what ban experts refer to as the crescendo ban.

Crescendo ban: When someone snowballs every possible way to get a perma ban into their post history in less-than 12-hours. It's like a real musical crescendo except it is out-of-tune, lacks originality, and degenerates others who were unfortunate enough to hear / see it.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Given that I know the mods here are good people, and we have so many anti-SJW threads going anyway, I’m trusting that ‘you lash out at ‘SJW’ repeatedly’, was in fact this guy calling everyone that disagreed with him an SJW, and not just being against SJWs.

Because that shit almost gave me PTSD.

-Arcadia-

Banned
last nights shit had me going a fair bit though, didn't realize that politics shit spilled into meta/ban review

Yes, that politics shit of being concerned about a member advocating beheadings for religious offense, and subsequent needed contextual discussion.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
T Tarek just demonstrated what ban experts refer to as the crescendo ban.

Crescendo ban: When someone snowballs every possible way to get a perma ban into their post history in less-than 12-hours. It's like a real musical crescendo except it is out-of-tune, lacks originality, and degenerates others who were unfortunate enough to hear / see it.
I missed the Tarek stuff. Banned with 0 posts.

What did he do? One gross first post and that was enough?

notseqi

Yes, that politics shit of being concerned about a member advocating beheadings for religious offense, and subsequent needed contextual discussion.
Don't discount a politics thread casually pimping into our semi-normal neogaf ban review without much ado. I like ado, in that case.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Don't discount a politics thread casually pimping into our semi-normal neogaf ban review without much ado. I like ado, in that case.

You will be okay if opinions that you don’t agree with, are presented to you, especially when relevant to the matter at hand.

notseqi

You're quick but it won't help you.

Nobody can read that in proper context because you're calling him out for beheading people and no comment after that last night made light of him actually calling out to behead people.
I am going to read the thread from my posted link on again but to discuss shit in here evidence has been nice and light.

-Arcadia-

Banned
You're quick but it won't help you.

K

Nobody can read that in proper context because you're calling him out for beheading people and no comment after that last night made light of him actually calling out to behead people.

K

am going to read the thread from my posted link on again but to discuss shit in here evidence has been nice and light.

Perhaps you should. If you mean his weak protestations of not endorsing murder for religious reasons, which stands in stark, hypocritical contrast to the offending post, subsequent posts made it clear he had the same beliefs, but was simply buckling under social pressure.

notseqi

K

K

Perhaps you should. If you mean his weak protestations of not endorsing murder for religious reasons, which stands in stark, hypocritical contrast to the offending post, subsequent posts made it clear he had the same beliefs, but was simply buckling under social pressure.
Strong K's.
Pertaining to previous work, I feel.

He talked about respecting people's feelings. If this is a thread about Saudi Arabia beheading people let me know.

I don't give a flying fuck about people's feelings and/or their religion but the whole thing, from the post I laid out, is flimsy as fuck.

Seemed like you guys were out to murder a dude.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Strong K's.
Pertaining to previous work, I feel.

A little flicker of what this may actually be about. I bet I could take a solid guess at your ideological, or maybe religious, groundings, but I’ll wait.

He talked about respecting people's feelings. If this is a thread about Saudi Arabia beheading people let me know.

Yes, a person who, half an hour ago, advocated beheading someone for the wrong words, then followed the matter up with all kinds of snark, respects people’s feelings, and totally misspoke.

Likewise, this incident took place in France, as an example of how little you seem to paying attention to what you’re dismissing.

This is also a thread about moderation, and One took his criticism to the correct place to do so.

I don't give a flying fuck about people's feelings and/or their religion

I wonder about that.

but the whole thing, from the post I laid out, is flimsy as fuck.

As we’ve seen, that pertains to both your arguments today, and yesterday, not your opponents.

People have an emotional reaction to a person advocating cutting their head off for the wrong opinion, and making light of a death. Who knew?

Last edited:

notseqi

Likewise, this incident took place in France, as an example of how little you seem to paying attention to what you’re dismissing.
What am I dismissing?
No links, no leads, just a post prompting people to ride on one guy who, it turns out, isn't on the up'n'up regarding english.
Trophies on walls, move along.

I don't care if somebody is emotionally invested, if anybody is to be involved apart from the thread or your modboard please link to the offending posts.

edit: -you
edit2: 'A little flicker of what this may actually be about. I bet I could take a solid guess at your ideological, or maybe religious, groundings, but I’ll wait.'
That's so amazingly stupid, please continue. I'd like to hear more.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Out for a ban. Not a murder. That's still where I stand since the mentality remains the same.

I didn't have any sort of grudge with the guy before. Seemed like a nice enough fellow on gaming side, which might be what's saving him. However, his stance on the beheading is banworthy to me. That's all there is to it.

Let's just look at the way his post changed after all the backlash he received. Perhaps a lesson was learned?

why she begin to disrespect religion, it deserved it.

Today's moral is, Respect the religion of others.

to

Today's moral is, Respect the religion of others.

to

censored opinion

Nope.

So in essence, he himself would not behead a person for offending him (supposedly), but it is only natural to expect a beheading when offending a Muslim.

It was "deserved".

Last edited:

notseqi

Out for a ban. Not a mod, but's still where I stand since the mentality is still the same.

I didn't have any sort of grudge with the guy before. Seemed like a nice enough fellow on gaming side, which might be what's saving him. However, his stance on the beheading is banworthy to me. That's all there is to it.

Let's just look at the way his post changed after all the backlash he received. Perhaps a lesson was learned?

to

to

Nope.

So in essence, he himself would not behead a person for offending him (supposedly), but it is only natural to expect a beheading when offending a Muslim.

It was "deserved".
Ok, man. Still no Heimdall_Extreme beheading special, as I asked before, all the while you called me retarded.

Go to Saudi Arabia and have a nice beer in front of a mosque.
Drive into a wayward cow in India and expect to not get attacked by locals.
Eat with your left hand in a muslim household.
Don't pull your shoes off when entering a japanese home.

In some countries religion dictates societal norms and as much as you are ideologizing about this your call for a ban of Heimdall_dingdong won't change that.
Doesn't mean anybody on here agrees about the heinous stuff you are talking about.
I still don't know about the thread you supposedly called him out in btw.
Good work, moral apostles.

Multiquote heroes.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Out for a ban. Not a murder. That's still where I stand since the mentality remains the same.

to

to

Nope.

It was "deserved".

Look, I already apologized and modified my post. Why do we continue with the same?

O-N-E

Ok, man. Still no Heimdall_Extreme beheading special, as I asked before, all the while you called me retarded.

Go to Saudi Arabia and have a nice beer in front of a mosque.
Drive into a wayward cow in India and expect to not get attacked by locals.
Eat with your left hand in a muslim household.
Don't pull your shoes off when entering a japanese home.

In some countries religion dictates societal norms and as much as you are ideologizing about this your call for a ban of Heimdall_dingdong won't change that.
Doesn't mean anybody on here agrees about the heinous stuff you are talking about.
I still don't know about the thread you supposedly called him out in btw.
Good work, moral apostles.

Multiquote heroes.

You are definitely a fucking retard.

This happened in France.

Someone already told you this.

Look, I already apologized and modified my post. Why do we continue with the same?

I'm not continuing with you. Mods have already made their decision. Just dealing with a fly that keeps buzzing.

Last edited:

notseqi

It's ok dut. These people are being antsy and they loved to shit on somebody.

You are definitely a fucking retard.

This happened in France.

Someone already told you this.

I'm not continuing with you. Mods have already made their decision. Just dealing with a fly that keeps buzzing.
Big words for a small man. A link, if you would?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom