• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point there.

Lol at the users baiting you to get a reaction (or "meltdown" to laugh in concert). Don't understand how it's tolerated here other than the wild guess of ass kissing actually working on moderation here. HQ for some.

Keep ignoring the children Agnostic.
How predictable you would say that.

Isn't it interesting how these "children" have gone without warnings or bans while you fanboys appear more than once on the Bans page? Do you really think it's due to "ass kissing" the forum staff or just being a decent poster who doesn't commit to the console war?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
EviLore EviLore sorry to bring this up here but why is this needs to be closed ?

This is a legit issue people need to know about so publisher patches it faster .

I know one of the mods here doesn't like any negative news about xbox but sometime these things help and get the issue resolved quicker by the dev .

Would appreciate explanation so I don't do it again if its against the rules here .

Cheers
Maybe you wouldn't get grilled so much if you didn't do this on a daily basis. You doing your daily game article digging:

1. Nintendo announces new Mario news
2. Sony announces something about PS+
3. Nvidia announces new 3080 gpu news
4. Game site says a game works bad on Xbox

Ding Ding Ding! Yaaaaa! Got a good one! Logs into NEOGAF and posts:

Game site confirms Xbox version worst in history

Looking at your post history, you're literally all-in for console war threads. There's a ton of different threads and 4 key tabs - Gaming, OT, COmm and Politics. Yet you beeline into console wars.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Maybe you wouldn't get grilled so much if you didn't do this on a daily basis. You doing your daily game article digging:

Looking at your post history, you're literally all-in for console war threads. There's a ton of different threads and 4 key tabs - Gaming, OT, COmm and Politics. Yet you beeline into console wars.
Seems like a lot of these are the type to create rumor-based bait threads and bait posts. Someone also mentioned earlier that camping in this thread makes console warriors feel less likely to be banned (paraphrased).

Nope. Plenty have blown their top right here in this thread and were banned.

There is no concrete evidence of ban evasion either; just desperate attempts.

Yea I can work on that and stop focusing on xbox too much 😅. U reflect and u grow 👌👍💪

RaZoR No1

Excuse me, can someone tell me, why I was banned from the Next Gen Thread?
I mean really, why? Which post?

Reason: This isn't a console war Thread?
Can just someone tell, what post was "console war" worthy that gets me banned? Can't we take jokes anymore and IMO I never wrote anything aggressive or something like that...
If someone thinks else please let me know.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Saying that PS5 wasn't full RDNA 2 was established as being banworthy

It has now been proven to be true.

Anyone affected should have their record expunged, and we need to look into why saying something, which had plenty of evidence, was ever deemed banworthy. Who makes such a call? The same could be said for supporting the Github leaks.

cormack12

Gold Member

Anyone affected should have their record expunged, and we need to look into why saying something, which had plenty of evidence, was ever deemed banworthy. Who makes such a call? The same could be said for supporting the Github leaks.

I thought it was 9TF that was ban worthy? Who's been banned? I don't remember seeing RDNA1 or 2 on the ban logs. Might help if those who have the actual bans come in here and appeal?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I thought it was 9TF that was ban worthy? Who's been banned? I don't remember seeing RDNA1 or 2 on the ban logs. Might help if those who have the actual bans come in here and appeal?

I don't know about the RDNA 2 bans, maybe that happened after I decided to stay the hell away from the next gen Sony Safe Space, but I was there when people got banned over talking about the GitHub leaks. The Sony boys would lose their minds, dogpile and demand people discussing them/saying they were real be banned. I'm going to guess they probably mass reported people because several people got banned.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A664E84C0CF7E7B47815DDB1AE48FEEEF4A82713

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Hahaha for real?
Saying PS5 wasnt full RDNA2 was insta ban?
And now it comes out that PS5 isnt full RDNA2.

Where did the original PS5 isnt full RDNA2 rumor even come from?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Mods why my post was deleted?

BTW what was wrote in the post you deleted?

There is some really wrong with the claim because Series X's SoC lacks Infinite Cache that is a key feature of RDNA 2.

Mod of War Mod of War

Infinity Cache is just a fancy name for Lx cache on GPU.

The XSX SoC has shared Cache that can be used by the GPU so it effectively has InfinityCache.
MS just werent allowed to actually use the name InfinityCache as that hadnt been revealed as an RDNA2 feature yet.

From HotChips reviews:
The GPU features a dedicated 3-level cache hierarchy, with L0 caches, shared L1 cache per shader engine, and a shared 5 MB L3 cache.

ethomaz

Banned
Infinity Cache is just a fancy name for Lx cache on GPU.

The XSX SoC has shared Cache that can be used by the GPU so it effectively has InfinityCache.
MS just werent allowed to actually use the name InfinityCache as that hadnt been revealed as an RDNA2 feature yet.

From HotChips reviews:
The GPU features a dedicated 3-level cache hierarchy, with L0 caches, shared L1 cache per shader engine, and a shared 5 MB L3 cache.
All GPUs have that shared cache... RX 5700 has 4MB.... BTW it is L2 cache.... not L3 (https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...TrukMp4ivgi5-EMovaKks8MK3Q7F7ZhbfzkOBatygPFN4).

Infinite Cache is another level of cache over that shared one... it is 128MB.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Damn, Vawn caught a perm. I remember brap brap taking a perm for a similar joke about Series X, so I guess it was in due.

Vawn was one of those old school members I first noticed when I signed up here a couple of years ago. He was console warring quite hard back then too, but damn, I kinda liked him. I hope mods reconsider down the road after a couple of months and throw him a Phoenix Down.

ZywyPL

Banned
Why was kretos kretos banned for this post:

i guess we'll wait and see if it hold back next gen or not

aybgFBF.jpg

I haven't laugh so hard in a while, like c'mon, I fully understand the forum's current status and the ongoing console wars where apparently everyone who takes part in the discussion is automatically a suspect, but what fun is there in participating the forum when innocent memes become bannable?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I haven't laugh so hard in a while, like c'mon, I fully understand the forum's current status and the ongoing console wars where apparently everyone who takes part in the discussion is automatically a suspect, but what fun is there in participating the forum when innocent memes become bannable?
We have a meme thread for memes. No need to derail another thread by posting them especially when they can come across as console warring. That is my guess anyway.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Seems a light hearted meme to me, even if it's knocking on deaths door.

Some thin skinned nancy must've reported it though, was it you CatLady CatLady ?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Just look at the reactions to that post you've got a 1 in 3 chance of being right.
I see, it was ZywyPL ZywyPL ! In here playing both sides :messenger_sunglasses:

Do any of you actually read the full bans before coming in here on parade? What do you think the below means?

kretos kretos PostOct 29, 2020Nov 3, 2020[+Multiple] The o

[+Multiple] The o

[+Multiple]

Yes, the +Multiple was noted, still seems nothing more than a small joke though. Anyway, it's only 4 days.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Yes, the +Multiple was noted, still seems nothing more than a small joke though. Anyway, it's only 4 days.

Believe me, after looking at the audit that was logged, with examples it is warranted - it's pretty much half a page of various posts and timmestamps etc. You'll notice it's not the standard two weeks ban either, which ackowledges that it's a final short ban to get the message across. But we won't be ignored, and that means trying to go from full out warrior to 'I'm just joking now' warrioring while shuffling your feet and looking at the floor.

nush

Gold Member
Believe me, after looking at the audit that was logged, with examples it is warranted - it's pretty much half a page of various posts and timmestamps etc. You'll notice it's not the standard two weeks ban either, which ackowledges that it's a final short ban to get the message across. But we won't be ignored, and that means trying to go from full out warrior to 'I'm just joking now' warrioring while shuffling your feet and looking at the floor.

Check, it's on the list.

RtCgy4R.jpg

That Vawn ban was uncalled for. Yeah, i know he has a bad reputation and no doubt it was ultimately going to end in a perm, but that was a funny good comment and 60 people agree.

Even worse is that Concern openly says he's going to report him, which should be a bannable offense in itself as it's incendiary (did i just do a ree?)

Shmunter

That Vawn ban was uncalled for. Yeah, i know he has a bad reputation and no doubt it was ultimately going to end in a perm, but that was a funny good comment and 60 people agree.

Even worse is that Concern openly says he's going to report him, which should be a bannable offense in itself as it's incendiary (did i just do a ree?)
Was curious, looked it up.

I agree, was clever and harmless. I know, cause that’s the type of joke I’d make. Better watch myself, don’t like feeling constrained.

Edit: just read ban reason and it cumulative, not just that one - so there’s more to the story. But it’s an odd one to seal the deal.

Last edited:

I agree, was clever and harmless. I know, cause that’s the type of joke I’d make. Better watch myself, don’t like feeling constrained.

And this is the part that's difficult for the Mods. Vawn was on a perm warning, so when characters with questionable morals report Vawn, the mods do what they should do; react to the reports. They see Vawn has had a load of warnings and react accordingly. But then how do you 'back-peddle' now, only to give him a possible perm in a months time?

I do wonder if faboys and warriors are right in a way, that the report function can be abused. Are the groups mass reporting unpopular opinions about their favourite team? It can't be easy for a team of mods to make the correct decision 100% of the time. Especially considering how some posts and opinions may affect things in the back end.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member

Thankfully we don't moderate on reaction scores. We gave Vawn every chance and they were wasted. They obviously don't care enough to contribute honestly and we're not running round after them, like a baby with no nappy shitting everywhere. These are grown adults. Again, this post is an 'example' of what they were banned for. Vawn has quite a significant entry in the ban logs and warning list on the account. The decision was not taken lightly and it is justified. If Vawn wants to appeal with a suitable, contrite and honest acceptance of their petty attitude and warrioring, and how they will change, they are welcome to email the support address.

And this is the part that's difficult for the Mods. Vawn was on a perm warning, so when characters with questionable morals report Vawn, the mods do what they should do; react to the reports. They see Vawn has had a load of warnings and react accordingly. But then how do you 'back-peddle' now, only to give him a possible perm in a months time?

Mods do not act on a single report. They look at any reports that come in and then comb through the users recent activity for patterns and honest engagement. The same is afforded to all posters. Then previous warnings, recent bans etc are all taken into account. Then a final decision is made. So, if Vawn had a scrupulous three months and this popped up, then likely it would be treated differently. Vawn has already had five bans, the most recent being on October 5th until October 19th. That, in itself, was an escalation from a ban that lasted 3 days within the same month. All for the same behaviour. The goodwill has been burned and they have noone to blame but themselves.

Yes, this is a ree. Hitting report does not guarantee it will be acted on. In fact, it can also get you banned for spam reporting innocuous posts, it can also lead to your reporting privileges being removed or the report can be filed as rejected. Plus, the user might not actually hit report after saying they will.

Edit: just read ban reason and it cumulative, not just that one - so there’s more to the story. But it’s an odd one to seal the deal.

You have no warnings on your account, but then you don't try and antagonise people or cause console wars. The differentiation between jokes and point scoring is obvious. Your aim is probably to be light hearted, not post things to cause console wars or drama. Or try to sell everyone a Dualsense multiple times. The difference is easy to spot even for those trying to hide in plain sight. Just ask yourself the question, why is it the same people, who do the same things, to get the same warnings and eventually banned? Why is it some people can laugh and joke fine and have no warnings at all? Why do some people pay no attention to mods telling them now is the time to calm it down? We respect the battle, but then you have to respect the consequences as well. Everybody gets enough chances, some more than warranted in most cases.

ZywyPL

Banned
Do any of you actually read the full bans before coming in here on parade? What do you think the below means?

kretos kretos PostOct 29, 2020Nov 3, 2020[+Multiple] The o

[+Multiple] The o

[+Multiple]

Fair enough, only you mods know who has how many warnings and for what, although linking a post with a meme pic is a bit misleading.

Shmunter

You have no warnings on your account, but then you don't try and antagonise people or cause console wars. The differentiation between jokes and point scoring is obvious. Your aim is probably to be light hearted, not post things to cause console wars or drama. Or try to sell everyone a Dualsense multiple times. The difference is easy to spot even for those trying to hide in plain sight. Just ask yourself the question, why is it the same people, who do the same things, to get the same warnings and eventually banned? Why is it some people can laugh and joke fine and have no warnings at all? Why do some people pay no attention to mods telling them now is the time to calm it down? We respect the battle, but then you have to respect the consequences as well. Everybody gets enough chances, some more than warranted in most cases.
I was lacking context and your task is never easy. What stands out is your and other mods ability to engage and explain, amazing.

EviLore has a brilliant system in place and the right people on board. Well done.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Are just my posts on the Ban thread the only one that gets deleted?

I start to think this is becoming personal.

No. A good number of posts are getting deleted or are moved for being off topic. You should get a notification of this being the case. There is nothing personal about it nor are there any formal warnings involved. We just ask that folks keep the banter and off topic posts to the proper threads.

Starting now though people may be receiving temp reply bans from this thread for continued derailment. Just to reiterate these temp bans won’t be formal warnings and are more a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:

Fake

No. A good number of posts are getting deleted or are moved for being off topic. You should get a notification of this being the case. There is nothing personal about it nor are there any formal warnings involved. We just ask that folks keep the banter and off topic posts to the proper threads.

Starting now though people may be receiving temp reply bans from this thread for continued derailment. Just to reiterate these temp bans won’t be formal warnings and are more a slap on the wrist.

I get that, but I guess some posters here never get deleted or moved.

I hope one day I never needed to point that out to you boys. You guys need to be more transparent about that. No pressure.

Probably just moved to metagaf.

I'm sure they got deleted. My alert say that.
No big deal, but if my shitpost is a problem so do all the others shitposts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom