• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF continues its steady growth going into 2020

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Today's stats:

IZOh5II.png

U86MKAW.png

:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I am actually surprised posts was above post reactions for a while.

I appreciate the ability to 'react' to a post, especially in the case where I'd normally just say "I agree" or "Yeah man". It cleans up a lot of the... filler? posts.

Good job on righting the ship and steaming forward. Looking forward to seeing the site continue to grow and evolve.

Bigrx1

Banned
One of the only places I've found online that doesn't breed hate mobs and where you can have a two-sided conversation without bans or people completely losing their shit - usually. And you can even post controversial opinions without having your life ruined. I'm grateful for this place.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I am actually surprised posts was above post reactions for a while.

I appreciate the ability to 'react' to a post, especially in the case where I'd normally just say "I agree" or "Yeah man". It cleans up a lot of the... filler? posts.

Good job on righting the ship and steaming forward. Looking forward to seeing the site continue to grow and evolve.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I was initially worried that having reactions would hurt activity in threads, but it feels like more posts actually have something substance to them than before the reaction system was put in place.

One of the only places I've found online that doesn't breed hate mobs and where you can have a two-sided conversation without bans or people completely losing their shit - usually. And you can even post controversial opinions without having your life ruined. I'm grateful for this place.

It does have a nice balance, and the powers that be seem to keep things pretty fair when someone gets out of line (regardless of ideology).

Keeping it as-is as the population scales up will be a challenge, but looking forwarding to seeing it happen.

I replied to a thread in gaming the other day then browsed gaming some more and after 5 minutes or so the thread I replied to was near the bottom of the page. That never happened a year ago, that side of the forum is booming with threads and discussions. It seems like there's a lot of new posters around too, but that could just be my imagination.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions!

Mato

I wonder what caused the surge over the past couple of weeks.

I did my part... I got a 2 week ban from the purple cult at the end of last November. A couple of days into my ban I came back here. That's when I realised how free I felt here. Back there, slowly I had been conditioned into not speaking my mind for the fear of the judgement and verbal abuse that could likely follow. It really was like leaving a cult. By the end of the ban period I had already decided I wouldn't return there and logged in to request for a permanent ban only to find out that I had been permed anyway. The click on the logout button on my way out was the last click I send their way.

I'm happy to see that. It's a really cool place where you can have great discussions, heated debates and even have some fun in the off topic section of the forum.
I was longing for a place like this ever since gametrailers forums closed down. And being finally able to register using free mail is what made this place more alive, imo.
Hopefully, it'll keep growing.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I'm one of those not-very-active posters who use the hell out of reactions everyday. It's such a simple but handy feature, and the unique icons add some charm to it. Maybe we could have some custom emotes for :messenger_tears_of_joy: and :messenger_hushed: too.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I was initially worried that having reactions would hurt activity in threads, but it feels like more posts actually have something substance to them than before the reaction system was put in place.
I agree. GAF remains very readable even with the spike in activity because reactions filter most spontaneous posts, which in turn makes reading it more attractive.

Last edited:
Nice. It's good to be back here where I feel like I can dare to say what I want (within reason) without feeling like every post I make is going to be another ban.

Keep it up and maybe some time this year we can get a buy/sell/trade thread going again?? /r/gamesale is a scary place but it's all I've got right now.

Last edited:

mekes

Happy to know this. I think you can definitely feel it when browsing and participating on the forums. The hard work put into the infrastructure here and the solid ground rules put in place have and are still paying out. Really I am so happy to see the site where it is right now and I feel very positive about the future of the boards in what will be a big year.

Cheers to everyone! 🍻🍻🍻

Top Bottom