• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF: Create the Official Box Art for the EU Release of BlazBlue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARC Euro

ARC System Works of Europe (registered as Zen United Ltd, UK) is holding a competition for NeoGAF users to create box art images for BlazBlue PS3 and 360 in preparation for the European release of the game.

About the game
BlazBlue is the latest gorgeously rendered HD 2d fighting game from the creators of Guilty Gear. BlazBlue offers depth without sacrificing accessibility, for a game experience anyone can get into.

What's in it for you?
The best illustration will be used as the box art of the European BlazBlue release. The best remaining illustrations will be included in the manual, and the winners will receive recognition in the game's credits.

//Prize will be .... copy of game (of course!), signed poster by original creators, BlazBlue T-Shirts (Jpn version) and lots more!

Guidelines
Creativity is encouraged; there is no need to be derivative of the Japanese/US boxarts.
All official character images are uploaded for your reference. You can make use of them and/or draw original material. We will ask the NeoGAF community to nominate 10 finalists, and we will select the winner from that list.
Minimum resolution is 300dpi

Terms of Participation
Winners will be asked to transfer copyright of their work. Use of participants' work will remain dependent on suitable entries (as deemed by Zen United, Ltd.) being submitted.

How to apply?
Please submit your drawing in .pdf or .jpg format before the end of September.

some materials
http://www.aksysgames.com/blazblue/wallpapers/ (US version of wall papers)
http://blazblue.jp/special.html (Jpn version of wall papers)
http://blazblue.4shared.com/ (password is subtitle of blazblue, starting from C, no space between two words)

If you need layered file of any characters, please let us know. We will upload them upon request.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

ARC Europe

PS
If you have any private questions, please send them to europe (at) arcsy.co.jp
Submission needs to be done on the thread so others can see and vote!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
o_O

Okay, I have to buy this now simply as it's being released here. ARC Euro, you and your guys are awesome, thanks ^_^

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
For a moment I tried to imagine what a junkwaffle drawn boxart would look like.

It wasn't pretty, but it was pretty funny!

sinxtanx

I HOG LAST PLACE

Look closely everyone participating, you must be a lot better than this.

dOVFmtJil.jpg

Good luck everyone! I haven't nearly enough skills to make something cover-worthy, but I'll gladly cheer everybody else on!

drkOne

Awesome ARC. Day 0…
again

To anyone trying, at least 50% of the cover must be Noel, kay already got it right.

TheExodu5

Banned
That's pretty awesome. I'm terrible at art design, so I'll leave it to you folks. Good luck GAF, and make an awesome box art!

Enjoy the game when you get it Euros! It's awesome!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ARC Euro said:
ARC System Works of Europe (registered as Zen United Ltd, UK) is holding a competition for NeoGAF users to create box art images for BlazBlue PS3 and 360 in preparation for the European release of the game.

About the game
BlazBlue is the latest gorgeously rendered HD 2d fighting game from the creators of Guilty Gear. BlazBlue offers depth without sacrificing accessibility, for a game experience anyone can get into.

What's in it for you?
The best illustration will be used as the box art of the European BlazBlue release. The best remaining illustrations will be included in the manual, and the winners will receive recognition in the game's credits.

//Prize will be .... copy of game (of course!), signed poster by original creators, BlazBlue T-Shirts (Jpn version) and lots more!

Guidelines
Creativity is encouraged; there is no need to be derivative of the Japanese/US boxarts.
All official character images are uploaded for your reference. You can make use of them and/or draw original material. We will ask the NeoGAF community to nominate 10 finalists, and we will select the winner from that list.

Terms of Participation
Winners will be asked to transfer copyright of their work. Use of participants' work will remain dependent on suitable entries (as deemed by Zen United, Ltd.) being submitted.

How to apply?
Please submit your drawing in .pdf or .jpg format before the end of September.

some materials
http://www.aksysgames.com/blazblue/wallpapers/ (US version of wall papers)
http://blazblue.jp/special.html (Jpn version of wall papers)
http://blazblue.4shared.com/ (password is subtitle of blazblue, starting from Cl, no space between two words)

If you need layered file of any characters, please let us know. We will upload them upon request.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

ARC Europe

PS we are preparing an email address for NeoGAF community to contact us. Please give us a few days. Japan is in summer holiday this week!

CAN I HAZ AMERICAN COPY IF I WIN EU BOXART!? (AKA: Americans included?)

I'd fire up Photoshop if that was the case, but...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
TheSeks said:
CAN I HAZ AMERICAN COPY IF I WIN EU BOXART!? (AKA: Americans included?)

I'd fire up Photoshop if that was the case, but...

I was kinda wondering this, too. Like, if we win, could we get a European copy (since it has our art on it) AND an American copy (so we can play it)?

Or are we expected to have already bought it in the U.S.? =P

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Danthrax said:
I was kinda wondering this, too. Like, if we win, could we get a European copy (since it has our art on it) AND an American copy (so we can play it)?

Or are we expected to have already bought it in the U.S.? =P

I'd be more partial to having my Box Art printed for the American Copy with an ESRB rating on it and everything. Would be a nice "one of a kind" thing if Americans are included. :)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The Faceless Master said:
that guy in the OT offering $30 to design the logo of his company should have offered $60 instead...

If you don't want to participate, that's cool, but save the snarkiness for elsewhere. They were impressed by the GAF Collection thread, and this is an opportunity for a gaffer to create the official box art. Always annoyed with how box art for localized Japanese games ends up sucking? Well, here you go.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Faceless Master said:
that guy in the OT offering $30 to design the logo of his company should have offered $60 instead...
Don't forget the poster and promise of other unnamed stuff.

So, do you want both front and back of the box? With logos or just a nice piece of art?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wasnt planning on buying this due to the stupid long wait for euro release. But this is a cool move. Might change my opinion and buy it. :D

KAL2006

Banned
YES so its confirmed for a PAL release

Why are they teasing us, why dont they say the release date.

I need another fighter im getting burnt out from Street Fighter IV and I've already played MvC2 for the past 5 years

Ranger X

This is really awesome. I always thought GAF was popping the best boxart around. Now this is a really cool contest.

Gazunta

I have no art to contribute but I just want to say this is a HUGELY cool (and brave) thing for ARC to do! I wish more game publishers would get GAF involved. Well done.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I don't expect to win, but I wouldn't mind contributing to this with some MSPaint image when I have the time. That would be eyecatching! (and insure your game only sells 4 copies if you used it...)

I'll give this a shot over the weekend... but a few Q's:

What resolution should the box art be submitted in?
Will you re "recreating" the winning entry, or using it as submitted?
Do you want age ratings/company logos, or just the art and game logo?

On a side note, I'd be really attracted to the game by Kay's cover.

scotcheggz

For those asking about resolution and size, there is an PSD file included in the download resources that is called "360 Package". The resolution is 350 pixels/inch and the image size is 1932 px (width) x 2335 px (height). The image is a tad taller than that, but that is the size the actual image space is.

Until we get word back from ARC, I'd guess it's fairly safe to go with those numbers. At least, that's what I did, so hopefully :D

There are plenty of talented folks on the GAF and I know that the design that ends up winning will look amazing. I couldn't wait so I bought an import copy of Blazblue but I might be persuaded to pick up a second.

I'd love to see my beloved blob, Arakune make the cover

ARC Euro

Please post your creation on either jpg or pdf format here.
front only is fine, but if you have cool ideas on back as well, we are very keen to learn from those ideas too.

Also, just artwork is fine. Other logo and age rating etc will be done by us later on.

Thank you!

ARC Euro

Hi Drkirby,
Just 'nice piece of artwork' is fine.
Once we edit with logos and others, we will ask original creator to review it.
thanks!

ARC Euro

Hi Kandrick
We can only apologize for this delay in Europe, and are overwhelmed with joys to know the support from European market.
We will do our best from next title on!
thanks

ARC Euro

Android18a said:
I'll give this a shot over the weekend... but a few Q's:

What resolution should the box art be submitted in?
Will you re "recreating" the winning entry, or using it as submitted?
Do you want age ratings/company logos, or just the art and game logo?

On a side note, I'd be really attracted to the game by Kay's cover.

Hello,
- Minimum resolution we need is 300dpi.
- We will not recreate, but might edit when required. When we do, we will consult with original creator.
- rating, company logo will be done by us.

Thank you for your interests!
regards,

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow this is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom