• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #220 - "Alive"

choodi

Banned
Seems like I needed to give mine at least a second draft to help iron out the creases.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Mike M

Nick N
Man, for the like the first time ever, I'm not going to be able to get any reading and voting in. I've got a project that is super ultra mega hyper critical that I get done. Like "my future depends on it" level.

Good luck, everyone!

LaMagenta

Man, for the like the first time ever, I'm not going to be able to get any reading and voting in. I've got a project that is super ultra mega hyper critical that I get done. Like "my future depends on it" level.

Good luck, everyone!

Boo, You are my number 1! I understand. GL with your project!

Alucard

Banned
Finished feedback and votes on the previous page. I'm exhausted and ready for bed. Looking forward to seeing what else comes through overnight and who comes out on top in this one...and what the next theme is.

Mike M, I'll echo LaMagenta and wish you luck with your project. Sounds pretty important.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
That sucks Mike. Hope everything goes well and you don't lose your job.

Finished feedback and votes on the previous page. I'm exhausted and ready for bed. Looking forward to seeing what else comes through overnight and who comes out on top in this one...and what the next theme is.

Mike M, I'll echo LaMagenta and wish you luck with your project. Sounds pretty important.

I have no way of knowing this for sure, but a little birdie told me everyone should prepare to not wear pants....

Mike M

Nick N
That sucks Mike. Hope everything goes well and you don't lose your job.

I have no way of knowing this for sure, but a little birdie told me everyone should prepare to not wear pants....
This is me trying to land a job, actually, but the market's tough and it's high stakes for me : /

choodi

Banned
"The massacre at Brown Bend" by choodi - I didn't feel enough of a connection to any of the characters, and the first third felt like it could have been sped up. That said, I've enjoyed seeing your writing skills progress over the past nine months. I found your work at the start of the year to be pretty weird and uneven with the animal story you wrote at one point, and one or two others, but the past few months, I feel like your skills have matured and like it's just a matter of getting a solid idea and time to edit it properly to put together something potentially submission-worthy. I still wish there was more to that assassination story you were writing! (I think that was you? :p)

Thanks for the feedback.

I started doing these challenges because, while I write professionally for work and I know I am a technically competent writer, I don't have an outlet whatsoever for any creative writing. It had literally been 20 years since I did any creative writing when I started here.

The biggest problem I have is that I am a first class procrastinator and usually leave everything to the last minute which means I rarely have time for more than a quick proofread before submitting.

I have plans for the assassin/thief story and I'm going to have to blame/thank John Dunbar for the majority of the weird animal story.

Alucard

Banned
Unless there are any objections, I'm gonna call this one. Still feel free to leave feedback and votes if you haven't already, though! I can update this, but I don't see the top result changing.

1. Flowers (20)
2. Mike M (15)
3. Ashes (10)
----------
Tangent (5)
Nezumi (4)
Choodi (2)
Charade (2)
Irish (2)

If my math is off, let me know. Congrats, Flowers. You knocked it out of the park on this one.

Top Bottom