• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Design Contest...WE BACK, BABY!!!

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
3qKwjC6.jpg

Calling all creators! It's been years since we've last spoken, but the summoning gongs have been struck and the signal fires lit... it's time for another Design Contest!

We're extremely happy with how the latest site updates have been received and the community we're all rebuilding together. The original T-Shirt Contest is something we loved, as we have some insanely talented creators who post here regularly and the designs that have been submitted in the past were just so much more than we could have ever anticipated. All of us on the staff are insanely excited to see what guys come up with.

Store Details

We've partnered with Threadless this time for our production, and your design will be available in a wide variety of products...from clothing to phone cases to art prints!

The site where we'll host all of the winning entries can be found here: https://neogaf.threadless.com/

If you're looking for some inspiration, you can also see some of the classic designs posted up there as well.

Contest Details
  • Submissions can be made from now until 5/31, 11:59PM EDT
  • At the close of the the entry window, we will open a voting thread so the community can pick their favorites
  • Top 10 submissions will WIN STUFF!!!
Prizes!!!
  • Each of the creators who have a design voted into the Top 10 will receive a $50 (USD) gift code to the Threadless.com store as well as one month of GAFGold (limit 1 per creator)
  • The top design creator will receive an additional $50 to the Threadless.com store (so $100 total), one full year of GAFGold, and special banner tag (like the staff having "Staff Member" below their normal tag)
  • Should a creator get multiple top 10 entries selected, prizes will be given out to 11th place, 12th place, etc (so max is 1 prize per creator, 10 total prizes distributed)
Submission Guidelines
  • Design should be NeoGAF themed or referential
  • Fitted canvas size for all submissions should be 4200 x 4800 pixels @ 300 dpi (please reference this for more details, template can be found here for t-shirts)
  • Background must be transparent (unless your design is specifically made otherwise)
  • File type must be PNG, PSD or EPS
  • The design must not infringe any copyrights, and must be an original piece of work
  • Please PM EviLore EviLore directly with a link to your file with the subject: "GAF Design Contest"
  • By submitting your design for this contest, you are agreeing to transfer ownership of that design to NeoGAF
The font used for our official logo is "Poppins" for anyone who wants a true 1:1 recreation for their design.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The original T-Shirt Contest is something we loved, as we have some insanely talented creators who post here regularly and the designs that have been submitted in the past were just so much more than we could have ever anticipated.

Could we see a selection of those? I had no idea this was a thing, curious what the entries looked like. Is the design supposed to be Gaf related?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm still rocking a few shirts with the old designs, but they're starting to wear out quite a bit. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with this time around.

If I was in any way creative, I would have a giant blu-ray disc, stomping through downtown Manhattan, shooting a deadly blue light out of the hole in the middle of the disc, through everything in its path. Then on the back of the shirt, it would say 'LOL, NeoGAF.'

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
If I was in any way creative, I would have a giant blu-ray disc, stomping through downtown Manhattan, shooting a deadly blue light out of the hole in the middle of the disc, through everything in its path. Then on the back of the shirt, it would say 'LOL, NeoGAF.'
I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't get some kind of Blu-Ray death laser design now...

Nymphae

Banned
I like the first one in that image, can't beat the classy simplicity. I'm going to submit one just like that but with no capitalization on Gaf lol

I am definitely buying something GAF related. I'm think a sticker for my laptop and a hoodie. I might even get a mug as well. I can't draw for crap so whoever wins you're going to be my first purchase! :D

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I added back some more classic designs to the Threadless NeoGAF shop.

For t-shirts, I ordered samples of all the main types a while back, and they're all great. Triblend is my personal favorite, with ultra comfy fabric that holds up well. I also picked up a throw pillow and it's sweet.

Last edited:

pimentel1

Banned
Can a design be just for the back of the shirt with nothing on the front? Or are they all for the front of the shirt?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Can a design be just for the back of the shirt with nothing on the front? Or are they all for the front of the shirt?

The designs get printed on the front, but don't sweat the t-shirt aspect too much. Think of it more as a design that can be applied to all sorts of different merch, from t-shirts to stickers to phone cases. Looking good and evoking something NeoGAFy will have a versatile result.

Here's all the stuff the designs can be put on:

https://www.threadless.com/artist-shops/signup/default/gallery

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The designs get printed on the front, but don't sweat the t-shirt aspect too much. Think of it more as a design that can be applied to all sorts of different merch, from t-shirts to stickers to phone cases. Looking good and evoking something NeoGAFy will have a versatile result.

I don't see the ball gag option. Preorder cancelled.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I added back some more classic designs to the Threadless NeoGAF shop.

For t-shirts, I ordered samples of all the main types a while back, and they're all great. Triblend is my personal favorite, with ultra comfy fabric that holds up well. I also picked up a throw pillow and it's sweet.

I have 4 shirts and a sticker. Highly recommend Threadless stuff. I am a big fan of the NeoGaf modern logo, and I cannot wait to see what new designs will show up!

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
The designs get printed on the front, but don't sweat the t-shirt aspect too much.

My design scales perfectly to various items. T shirts, mugs, napkins..... basically anything would be enhanced by it.

It's quite ingenious.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Man, wish I could enter. I’m an ideas man, but can’t draw to save my life.

3-4 years ago, I would never have considered wearing NeoGAF merch because I wouldn’t want to be associated with the crazy. But, nowadays it’s almost appealing.

At the very least, it’d be cool to wear a GAF tshirt in public in the hope that some idiot approaches me and starts REEEEing about nazis and then I can give them some truth bombs. Who am I kidding? Those fools don’t do face to face.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

Oh man we need this - https://www.threadless.com/artist-shops/signup/default/mens-flip-flops

Kadayi

Banned
Man, wish I could enter. I’m an ideas man, but can’t draw to save my life.

Dude if you have ideas, just kitbash them together using MS Paint or something. Someone else with technical skills like me can always finesse them later on for you if the idea is good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom