• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF, did I just get called out by Microsoft's JEFF BELL?!

Firewire

Banned
Roddimus_Prime said:
If I had a high level executive representing my company that I was paying a six-figure salary, I would expect him to act somewhat professionally. The very least of which would include not getting involved in sophomoric drama and childishly insulting people over an internet message board. Is this the kind of behavior Microsoft finds acceptable from their management? Blows my mind.

Dude, the guys like a hero now on Gaf! Someone even called him a "God"!
He's ok in my books, good job Bell! :lol

MrDaravon

None of this was have blown up if his PM to Master Ninja was basically him acting like a dick. It would've been haha funny and maybe mildling interesting, but it's Jeff's own fault for doing it, and the mod's fault for confirming it if we want to argue about that part. Patrick just made a small news post about it. The fact that everyone was talking about it (I've gotten 4 text messages at work today about it from people who don't post or browse here) and the fact that it's not really appropriate behavior for someone representing a company MADE it news-worthy. It's obviously more towards the Paris Hilton side of news sure, but stringing Patrick up for posting it is pretty stupid.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
it'd be funnier if bell tried to own him in a less stupid, high school guidance counselor sort of way. not "contributing to society" isn't exactly at the top of most people's fears these days.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
TekunoRobby said:
He looks like that dude from Donnie Darko.

6fhdgsw.png
iceicebabyme6.jpg
briankrausehz2.jpg
mk0oh8.jpg

michaelkeatonpostersbk8.jpg
valrj9.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Roddimus_Prime said:
If they were on your payroll, would you want them acting like a bunch of fools and making your company look bad?
In this business, it's better than them acting like a bunch of cardboard cutouts and making your company look boring.

If I had a high level executive representing my company that I was paying a six-figure salary, I would expect him to act somewhat professionally. The very least of which would include not getting involved in sophomoric drama and childishly insulting people over an internet message board. Is this the kind of behavior Microsoft finds acceptable from their management? Blows my mind.
Who give a f*** about that, he posted on Neogaf and we love him for that.

J-Rzez

I remember that PGR4 thread where Nostromo (HS dev) got BANNED for saying he didn't like something about another dev's game (of complete diff genre) in a way that other posters here in this community post, and people were saying how terrible it was and this and that... but, guess it's cool to those people that their boyfriend called out poster on here instead... rediculous...

MCD

If you ask me, a Master Ninja should have replied to him and kept this private.

Jeff asked him privately, he should have responded to him privately.

and if he wasn't sure of who he is, asking mods privately is the best way.

Eric WK

McDragon said:

Wow. That actually makes sense.

besada

Banned
J-Rzez said:
but, guess it's cool to those people that their boyfriend called out poster on here instead... rediculous...

Damn, outed twice in one day. Yes, I am Jeff Bell's son, but I am also Jeff Bell's lover. He is my boyfriend. I like to give him big wet kisses, and we ride ponies together.

Teriyaki

calder said:
Did I miss a thread today?

*30 minutes of reading*

Bloody shitcakes, did I.

Yeah, I can't believe I read more than 10 pages before someone posted that summary and saved me 20 minutes. This thread delivers.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
McDragon said:

Better idea:

Jeff sends him a message privately.

A Master Ninja replies (preferably in a rude manner) privately.

They keep exchanging messages til A Master Ninja's inbox becomes full.

Then post the entire conversation on GAF.

Mar

So this thread went from awesome to embarrassing really fast. The hive mind seems to be racing from one corner to the next looking for who should be attacked.

FightyF

Banned
Razoric said:
Trying to get a job at Microsoft? :lol

LJ11 said:
Someone has a crush.

TheJollyCorner said:
I hope this is a joke post... because if not, the lipstick is now permanently stained on Bell's ass.

I wish.

Yes.

And no. I'm serious. I said this to my bro as we were watching the HD feed from MarketPlace...it seems people on GAF hate him, but he's the shit.

IMO, JeffyB is the sort of people required in the industry for it to gain the respect it deserves from mainstream media.

4v65zid.jpg

Roddimus_Prime said:

There's tons of people here making 6 figures and not acting professionally...you poo-poo head.

J-Rzez said:
I remember that PGR4 thread where Nostromo (HS dev) got BANNED for saying he didn't like something about another dev's game (of complete diff genre) in a way that other posters here in this community post, and people were saying how terrible it was and this and that... but, guess it's cool to those people that their boyfriend called out poster on here instead... rediculous...

Nostromo publically trolled. JeffyB didn't, he laid the smacketh down in private. Massive difference there.

If they want to be a part of the community and not be boring, that's great. However, I think asking people they know absolutely nothing about in private messages what their contribution to society is counts little for being a part of the community and being entertaining and more like being a jerk. I wouldn't hire him, and I wouldn't work for him. Just my opinion.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Jeff Bell is probably sitting in a front of a monitor with a glass of delicious wine and laughing at all of us, especially the ones moaning that it was unfair for a mod to out him.

Get a grip people, it's funny and it proves he's human like the rest of us.

GavinGT

Banned
Just wait, next E3 when he reaches into his jacket pocket, it'll be a gun he pulls out instead of a Scene-It controller. He'll shoot up the whole place, starting with Reggie Bush. "I knew you Microsoft guys was not to be trusted!" will be his last words before Bell caps his ass, saying "And what has been your contribution to society?".

That's how I see it anyway.

i feel so bad for j bell. he's probably going through a rough time in his personal life right now and look at what has been done to him on the internets today :<

SuperBonk

J-Rzez said:
I like how you bring up a topic that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Ugh.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Segata Sanshiro said:
:lol @ J-Rzez trying to start systam warz out of this craziness.

:lol you calling him out aren't you? :lol

gee, what a shocker.

Top Bottom