• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Drawing-a-Day Thread

Before:
XmKujM.png
lwgcpL.png

After:

You guys are back! Just when I was starting to get used to being lazy, too.

Legend: You're really making some big improvements! I'm enjoying how you're really pushing your values now. Your darker values help give contrast to the lighter ones, and that last one with the woman lying down has a good range.

Turnip: I don't remember seeing your linework before! Very nice. I like how you're still keeping it loose and a little impressionistic like your painting.

Couple sketches and doodles. I'll have to try and keep up with this again.

LegendX48

You guys are back! Just when I was starting to get used to being lazy, too.

Legend: You're really making some big improvements! I'm enjoying how you're really pushing your values now. Your darker values help give contrast to the lighter ones, and that last one with the woman lying down has a good range.

Thanks! And it's nice to see you posting again too!

Here's a practice thingy I finished up this morning, no reference

Just google image search "palette meme" and you'll find plenty (and it'll explain better than I could) - but basically I'm just grabbing the palettes themselves instead of the full meme.

Just google image search "palette meme" and you'll find plenty (and it'll explain better than I could) - but basically I'm just grabbing the palettes themselves instead of the full meme.

Oh cool, thanks. I think I get it. So you're just trying out the different palettes with your own artwork?

Prax

omg when was the last time I posted here? :(
SHAME SHAME!!!

I haven't been drawing much because I waste a ton of art energy on just socializing via social media and have NO multi-tasking abilities when it comes to that lol. One of my friends and I decided that we would have "no socialmedia sundays" in order to get more artwork done.

So here're a few things I did manage to do..
Coloured lineart a friend made for me of my characters Fafnr and Kathie, July 2017:
fafnr_and_kathie_by_meibatsu-dbiey6j.png

Same day, I did a palette warmup but then never got to doing art-art lol:
jericho_warmup_by_meibatsu-dbiezoq.jpg

One art-sunday (July 30) I finally got to do lineart for a WAY OVERDUE BIRTHDAY GIFT for my friend:
jeroos_background_by_meibatsu-dbiezwc.jpg

Two weeks later on another art sunday, I finally finish it! Censored for your viewing safety lol (i think the pixelation makes it look more vulgar than it actually is)
20170813_jer_roo_ppl_r_by_meibatsu-dbklfli.jpg

Next sunday (late night today/tomorrow), I am gonna try to work on this, which i started in january then never got around to finishing..:
C11Jm1uXEAQ6VV0.jpg:large

Prax

LOOK I FINISH THIS DURING LEO ECLIPSE MEANING MY NEXT SPURT WILL BE MANY ARTS RIGHJTS?!?!

DHxwPUwVYAIHysE.png

(i also fixed the lineart some--you can usually find more mistakes when you begin colouring in earnest)

compare to this design from 6 years ago (which to be fair I completed in a couple of hours in a more generic saturday morning cartoon focus instead of this new one taking who knows how long over 3 sessions to properly "rep" my style) lol:

Been a while since I've uploaded anything. Was in a rut and felt really uninspired to draw pretty much anything for a while, but I've been feeling much more motivated recently so I'll be uploading stuff again!

Been a while since I've uploaded anything. Was in a rut and felt really uninspired to draw pretty much anything for a while, but I've been feeling much more motivated recently so I'll be uploading stuff again!

Welcome back! We all get in ruts and blocks, and I'm glad you seem to be past yours.

Sketchy stuff as usual. Not trying to do anything too finished, as it takes so much time. Just getting ideas down.

Top Bottom