• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Drawing-a-Day Thread

KrQVfbj.jpg

Prax

I fell off drawing bandwagon for myself for the last coupel of weeks. I got this kinda thing in...
DKg3-9FW0AE5qfx.jpg:large

2 hours so far. Very much to fix to turn into proper lineart.. haha

LegendX48

Here's a thingy:

A sort of redraw thing. Thought this was neat. Left is an inktober 2016 sketch, right is a doodle from Tuesday night. I guess a have gotten a little better. Anywho, can you spot the not at all subtle reference?

LegendX48

Bought a few toys for Inktober, but I still don't feel ready. I've already gone through a few waves of being pretty burned out during the past 3 or 4 months.

you could always do that once a week or every other day ink drawings. I'm likely gonna do once a week stuff myself, though I'll see if I can do more.

you could always do that once a week or every other day ink drawings. I'm likely gonna do once a week stuff myself, though I'll see if I can do more.

I'll try to do a pen/ink drawing each day, even if some are just sketchy like today's drawing. Catching up over the past month took more out of me than I thought. No pain, no gain, right? :p No one gets better at anything without pushing themselves out of their comfort zone.

Bought a few toys for Inktober, but I still don't feel ready. I've already gone through a few waves of being pretty burned out during the past 3 or 4 months.

Oh wow, I just got the October Sketchbox yesterday, and that exact package of sepia Multiliners is in it. Great month, actually... clearly Inktober inspired (the other items are a Zebra brush pen, a couple of Tombow brush pens, a #1 Princeton brush, and a bottle of black Winsor ink).

Oh wow, I just got the October Sketchbox yesterday, and that exact package of sepia Multiliners is in it. Great month, actually... clearly Inktober inspired (the other items are a Zebra brush pen, a couple of Tombow brush pens, a #1 Princeton brush, and a bottle of black Winsor ink).

Huh, I've never heard of Sketchbox before, and just looked it up. Pretty cool idea, and that's a nice Inktober inspired package they sent!

Do you subscribe to the basic or premium box? Do you find that you use what they send you, and have you found things that you enjoy using that you otherwise wouldn't have purchased?

Huh, I've never heard of Sketchbox before, and just looked it up. Pretty cool idea, and that's a nice Inktober inspired package they sent!

Do you subscribe to the basic or premium box? Do you find that you use what they send you, and have you found things that you enjoy using that you otherwise wouldn't have purchased?

Well actually, this was the first time I've ever ordered one. I had been on the edge for a year probably, but the September box got such good reviews I went ahead and pulled the trigger on October. This was the premium box, and I "subscribed" only for a single box and then cancelled when it shipped. But based on this month's haul, I'll definitely try it again sometime when it fits my budget! Maybe even the three month option, I dunno.

As far as use goes... I know in this instance I'll definitely be using this stuff because I use tons of pen/ink anyway. That said, I've seen boxes before with other media that I don't typically use... if I got one full of stuff I'm typically unfamiliar with (gouache or pastels or something), would I be likely to give it all a shot, or would I throw it all in a drawer never to be touched? I don't know. I should probably try again sometime and find out.

Ahmed360

Hey guys, I sketch for fun with Pencil.
Nothing tops Pencil for me, I had a Galaxy Note and drawing on Glass with plastic stylus just doesn't feel right.

This is a WIP Subaru STI Bugeye sketch:

Top Bottom