• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF E3 2019 Posting Guidelines

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Hi everyone. It's E3 time again - the Christmas of the video game world. We know everyone is excited for E3 this year, but we wanted to go over a few posting guidelines (as well as a new feature) that will help keep the gaming forum sane and structured.

1) As always, create a new thread if there is new news. It's common to see interesting news get buried in a conference's megathread which usually moves really fast. We might be dissecting and discussing this news for the next few weeks / months, so if something breaks during a conference, post a new thread for it. You can still, of course, talk about that newsworthy thing in the conference thread too.

2) Try to avoid ultra-reactionary empty OPs with "omg xyz was announced" without any linkage or other material included. Please at least link a source or include a screenshot if it's something breaking from the conference stream directly, where possible. As more information releases after the conference is over, go back and update your OP with more information, video links to trailers, screenshots, reaction videos, etc. Your OP will be the first thing people see when opening a thread to discuss that topic or game, the most popular threads are the ones that leave a good impression!

3) This year we're introducing a new spin on last year's popular E3 thread tagging system by building it directly into the forum itself. When creating a new thread on the gaming forum this week, you'll see this box before the thread title:

n8zWFu1.png

If you click on the (No tag) drop down box, you'll be given a list of conferences:

0F4ZKsC.png

For news coming out of a particular conference, please select that conference from this list when making a thread. General stuff from the E3 show floor or other non-conference-related announcements should use the general "E3" tag. These tags will help users identify what news came from where, and clicking on the tag in the thread list will show users all the threads created using that tag.

Please remember: thread tags become part of the thread title itself! Just like how users can't change titles themselves, you also won't be able to change the tag your thread has without a moderator's assistance. Be sure and choose the right one.

4) Please don't bump old existing irrelevant threads during E3 week, either to necrobump a dead old thread to post E3 news, or just to fuck around. Don't necro last year's conference thread just to say how much better this year's show was. Don't bump the Final Fantasy VII Remake reveal thread from 2015 just to comment on how we're finally getting more information in 2019. We're not hardasses but malicious behavior like that will be dealt with. As always please be respectful and decent to each other while we laugh, cry, cheer, and trample over each other like it's Black Friday at Walmart over what hot new games and/or consoles will be the best.

The mod team will be watching over things and our sysadmins will be keeping NeoGAF alive and stable. Thanks and have fun. This thread will be left open to clarify questions related to the above but please stay on topic.

I'm sure we will still get Playstation related news

I'm sure Sony is going to do something to try and steal the show even though they aren't there. I'm wondering if they will try to do it before or after the main conferences.

I'm a fan of gaming so I hope none of the conferences are impish but we'll just have to wait for Belsnicikel to be sure. 🤷‍♂️

FranXico

Palliasso Palliasso is the thread title tag feature going to come back after E3? Let's say, to give special tags for common kinds of thread, such as "Community Playthrough", "LTTP", "OT", "Rumor", "Reviews", etc.?

It's very cute to see everyone being excited for this year's E3 :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: As for me, I've already had my own E3 experience back in May 29th when Hideo Kojima unveiled his 6th masterpiece titled "Death Stranding" posed to release on November 8th, 2019. Check your local stores and websites for more information regarding pre-orders.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to Microsoft's and Ubisoft's E3 conference as well as Nintendo's Direct :messenger_fire: Love me some E3 megaton announcements!

Mista

Banned
It's very cute to see everyone being excited for this year's E3 :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: As for me, I've already had my own E3 experience back in May 29th when Hideo Kojima unveiled his 6th masterpiece titled "Death Stranding" posed to release on November 8th, 2019. Check your local stores and websites for more information regarding pre-orders.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to Microsoft's and Ubisoft's E3 conference as well as Nintendo's Direct :messenger_fire: Love me some E3 megaton announcements!
Lier. You’re actually crying while typing this because your beloved Sony isn't showing up this year.

Last edited:
Lier. You’re actually crying while typing this because your beloved Sony isn't showing up this year.
Ill be honest with you: Sony not showing up at E3 is a disappointment. However, they already showed their big megatons outside of E3 so far in the form of trailers and editorial pieces.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Palliasso Palliasso is the thread title tag feature going to come back after E3? Let's say, to give special tags for common kinds of thread, such as "Community Playthrough", "LTTP", "OT", "Rumor", "Reviews", etc.?

That's a real possibility. Consider E3 a sort of "soft launch" or beta test of the feature. After next week we'll evaluate what did and didn't work, iterate and improve, and hopefully be able to put something like this in place on a more permanent basis.

Unless it somehow backfires and everyone ends up hating it. In which case we'll try and pretend like this was all just a bad dream.

That's a real possibility. Consider E3 a sort of "soft launch" or beta test of the feature. After next week we'll evaluate what did and didn't work, iterate and improve, and hopefully be able to put something like this in place on a more permanent basis.

Unless it somehow backfires and everyone ends up hating it. In which case we'll try and pretend like this was all just a bad dream.
You mean it’s for...

And when you tag something it will go to the appropriate...

:messenger_grimmacing_

Kadayi

Banned

Will Cunth get his own category? 🤔

This is really cool. The colored tags are going to be extremely beneficial when navigating the forum during E3. I'm not even going to attempt to post any threads. People are way too fast. Only days away from E3 woot woot!

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
The new tag system is now live. Remember that we would prefer you tag your new threads based on the conference the news you're posting comes from. General E3 stuff from the show floor should use the E3 tag.

If you run into any issues with the new system, please make us aware.

Kadayi

Banned
The new tag system is now live. Remember that we would prefer you tag your new threads based on the conference the news you're posting comes from. General E3 stuff from the show floor should use the E3 tag.

If you run into any issues with the new system, please make us aware.

Really digging the Tag system. maybe woth having different tags for different parts of the forum. Also, a NSFW tag wouldn't go amiss in the long term as a suggestion.

Top Bottom