• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football 2K10 Paypal League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Been real busy lately but someone just emailed me wondering if we're doing it again this year. I'm game :D

Obviously priority will be given to last year's participants but 20 teams would be the max. Is Yahoo Football even up for 2010 yet? Anyways let's just discuss for now

Here's last year's thread if folks wanna relive the bitter tears at the end. Fukk you, AP!!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369864

Cloudy

Banned
I like how half of last year's players have joined already but no one is posting in here. Discuss, bitches!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cloudy said:
You were in last year, weren't you? I sent a mass email to everyone..

I wasnt in the pay league last year, I think i was away from Gaf for a few when you guys were filling the league up.. PM me if you dont have my email

Cloudy

Banned
I've sent pms to both of you. For everyone else, pm me if you wanna play. There are only 6 open spots right now depending on if everyone from last season plays again but it could change.

Notes:

- I used the exact same settings from last year. If you want any changes, we can discuss here
- Deadline to pay will be 9/1. Does everyone still like $20 or are we doing $50 this year?
- You must send via an instant transfer or from funds available or Paypal skims off the top. I covered it last year but not this year. Especially if we're going over $20 :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Lkr said:
how much are we gonna do?

We'll take a vote but I'm down for $50 so we can extend the prize $ to 5th place instead of just the top 3 (since we'll have 20 teams instead of 14 this time)

Sounds good. I'm pretty flexible with the cost. Had a fun time with the league last year, although I can see good reason for upping the price to keep people playing.

EDIT: One thing we may want to consider with the fee is the $15 option for Yahoo trade review. Great way to ensure trades are fair is when you have the league host managing disputes over player value. (I can't remember how good/bad we were in that regard last season though.)

rinker

I'm down for pretty much any buy-in under $100.

Man 20 teams is gunna be rough, should be fun!

Any of you have any fantasy tracking iphone apps you recommend? Theres a yahoo specific one, but I'm not sure if its any good.

He's not seriously doing 20, is he? No way the draft would be fucking nuts. We did 14 last year and everything past the 3rd round was a crapshoot.

Also we need some new blood. Invade NFL-GAF and spam that shit. Call bionic a coward or FMT a pussy if they don't join.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The Frankman said:
He's not seriously doing 20, is he? No way the draft would be fucking nuts. We did 14 last year and everything past the 3rd round was a crapshoot.

Also we need some new blood. Invade NFL-GAF and spam that shit. Call bionic a coward or FMT a pussy if they don't join.

Madden GAF already has our own fantasy football. that includes some of the regulars from NFL-Age

Cloudy

Banned
The Frankman said:

How do we get new blood w/o expansion? I haven't seen anyone from last year say they aren't playing and 9 of the 14 are already signed in...

Saerk

I could have sworn I posted earlier in the day that I wanted to join, but I dont see the post. I must have randomly posted in the wrong thread.

shit I saw my other post, I just dont recognize this avatar......

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
paypal? you guys doing a money league? what's the cost?

If you guys get it down to a couple 12 or 14 team leagues I'll join but no way in hell am I doing 20

Cloudy

Banned
Buy-in vote tally:

$50 - 1
$40 - 4
$30 - 1
$20 - 2

5 of the 13 signed in haven't voted yet but $40 is winning right now. I'll do a separate vote for the win shares (as in top 3 or top 4 split) after we decide. Like I said, there are 13 folks signed in right now and we'll probably end up with 14-16 if some more folks from last season decide to play.

The reason the max is set at 20 is because I will kick folks who haven't paid by 9/1 and the more folks we have signed in, the better :D

ps: Scanning the list, 10 of the 13 so far are returning players. That's pretty good :)

Cloudy

Banned
^ PM me with your email

Guys, there are 14 signed in right now. That means there are 2 more open spots as of now.

However, anyone who hasn't paid the buy-in as of 9/1 will be booted so I am leaving it open for 20 teams and will drop the last 4 after 16 have paid.

With 9 of 14 votes, $40 seems like the winner. Hell, I'll change my vote to $40 so I can put up the new "poll" :lol

How do you do a vote that lasts 1 day for the money when the league doesn't start for another month? 30 is really as high as I want to go.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Frankman said:
How do you do a vote that lasts 1 day for the money when the league doesn't start for another month? 30 is really as high as I want to go.

There will be free leagues setup. As long as the people who join are regs in the NFL threads, I don't think anyone will abandon their teams.

Cloudy

Banned
The Frankman said:

There will be 16 teams and with 9 votes in, $40 had 6 votes. Since I decided to leave it open for 20 at the moment, we can re-vote..

It's tedious to do it on the Yahoo page so let's do it in here. Only people who are signed in get to vote!

Post your preference for the league buy-in and win share..

$50, $40, $30 or $20

Top 3, Top 4 or Top 5 split

We had done $20 last year, but I think we had 12 or 14 people. I understand raising it but we have more people this year.

Lets say we do $30. That X 16 = $480

1st gets 50% - $240
2nd gets 30% - $144
3rd gets 12% - $57.60
4th gets 8% - $38.40 (effectively covering the fee plus + little more).

Here's a thought for 5th and/OR 6th place. They wouldn't have to pay a fee to enter the league next year provided you do one. Or, make it the non-playoff team with the highest point total gets it. This keeps the league as competitive as posiible longer PLUS it gives a team with horrible luck who has the most points but finishes middle of the pack a shot.

Teams and GAFfers - July 2010 (subject to change)
Da Big Blue Crew v.2 - Me
Team Konex - Cloudy
Witty Nicknames - Crazymoogle
Alex Anderson - Alex Anderson
Hookers And Blow - Azwethinkweiz
2Legit2Bitch! - DCX
Kidd is my QB - commish
Good As Gould - rinker
Charles4MVP - Malleymal
Dinner Out - Cloudy's Relative...
Whizzinators - TeethMummy

Unknown
t-money -
Jay Cutler Bombs -
Purple Purple-Saerk -
GaleSayers Explosion -
mets -

Cloudy

Banned
No one but the first 16 have signed in this past week so hopefully we're set on members. I am adjusting the league (for now) so no one else can sign in to "reserve" a spot in case anyone drops...

Cloudy

Banned
My plan is to get the vote results then pick the proposals which match that. If there's more than one, we vote on that too I guess

I'd rather it just be straightforward with top 3, 4 or 5 in the playoffs splitting the cash but that's just me. Bringing in the regular season wins/points leader makes no sense IMO.

The whole point of a pay league last year was to have folks not give up during the season (which in turn skews the results for everyone else). Owners of the best regular season teams aren't going to give up :lol

rinker

$30 is fine.

As for the split I'm not a fan of the next year free idea, it just seems better to get payments square right after the season. It also means the pool would be smaller next year.

I think it should be 1st 2nd 3rd from playoffs and if people insist on a 4th I think the highest regular season finish who didn't place in the top 3 sounds good... No opinion on the exact percentages.

Cloudy

Banned
As for the split I'm not a fan of the next year free idea, it just seems better to get payments square right after the season. It also means the pool would be smaller next year.

I agree.

ps: Guys, be decisive and clear. We are voting not discussing :p

Well, $30 is fine, seems everybody likes that. I'd vote $40 but it sounds like a dead issue.

Top 3 split, money back for 4th. Sounds like the best compromise, although I always do like to see some sort of minor award for non-playoffers to scramble over.

Saerk

$30 is fine with me. With sixteen teams I'd think we should pay out top 5. 4th and 5th maybe only getting their money back or a meager profit. If you add anymore teams then we will need to split into 2 leagues and manually calculate the final playoff games. The player pool is already going to be tight.

Eh, I just thought it would be nice to give a non-playoff team incentive. I got the feeling some people weren't going all-out last year towards the end, I dunno.

acksman

Just shot you a PM Cloudy, hopefully there is still room. If not is there another GAF league with a buy in $100 or less?

Cloudy

Banned
I'd like to get the buy-in/win-share decided by the end of this week, guys. I'll be going on vacation for the last 2 weeks of the month and I won't be posting too much. Since, the pay deadline is 9/1, I think everything has to be decided before I leave...

ps: I'll have a tally of what we have so far later tonight. If you were ambiguous, edit your posts or I will just try to guess what you preferred...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom