• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
I know it's early but there's a lot to discuss before we kickoff Season 5. :p

xMz5i9f.png

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5 (Current)

As always, previous players get priority. I've made the league and invited everyone back. New players can join the wait-list in case anyone backs out.

I've made some tweaks to the settings. Nothing is final yet though and we can change them.

- Dropping a bench spot (from 5 to 4) to discourage hoarding and have a deeper FA pool (I expect a lot of blowback on this one lol)
- Cutting the sack penalty to -0.25
- Dropping lost fumble penalty from -2 to -1
- Dropping FG misses from 20-29 yds from -2 to -1

PS: I'm still researching payment methods since we are trying to move away from Paypal

Payout:
1st - $440
2nd - $300
3rd - $200
4th - $100

Cloudy

Banned
Wow that's a lot of wait-listers. 5 are signed in already so we'll see. I'll post a link to the league site later (on my phone)

Are we leaving the buy-in at $65, cheapskates? :p

I'm doing a $250 Yahoo Pro as well as this lol

Pro League sounds nice. Or it would if I was eligible. I played in a $10 ESPN pro league once just to ensure non "asleep-at-the-wheel" competition though.

Cloudy

Banned
Ok here's the deal on payments. I looked into in and the most popular one I found (LeagueSafe) apparently makes payouts in visa gift cards. That's kind of shit and on top of that they want 3% on withdrawals. The other popular one I heard about (Fantasy Sports Vault) was recently bought out by LeagueSafe

Any other options? I'd really like us not to use Paypal this year. Not that there's anything wrong with it but what if I got hit by a car or something? You guys would just think I bailed with the funds LOL

I looked into League Safe some more (instead of just reading posts on FF message boards lol) and it seems I was wrong about the fees. Here is their actual website:

https://www.leaguesafe.com/HowItWorks

Is everyone okay with that?

Seems interesting. There are still fees though:

League Fees:
1. US bank account eCheck: (free)
2. Credit Card: 3%
3. Paypal is not allowed

League Payouts:
1. US-issued Paper Check: $1.50
2. US-issued Expedited Check: $7.00
3. eCheck (US Only): $5.00
4. Paypal is not allowed

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah there are fees but it's the best alternative I can find. The good thing about them is that the payouts can be set to majority vote so it's not all dependent on commish approval/availability at the end of the seaon.

With league dues now over 1k, my worst nightmare is that I'd be unavailable for a bit when payouts are due. Or what if Paypal froze my account over some eBay dispute (it's happened before and that's why I don't park funds there anymore!) and someone makes a post saying, "Cloudy's a scammer!" lol

Cloudy

Banned
Ugh I just noticed the Paypal is not allowed thing. That and the US-bank account only might be an issue for some folks (I think Moggle's in Canada, isn't he?)

PS: Another alternative is to split the treasury duties between myself and Moogle (He is co-commish after all) if he's okay with that. Not perfect but that way one person isn't holding all the funds. I would rather do Leaguesafe if that doesn't inconvenience anyone though

Ugh I just noticed the Paypal is not allowed thing. That and the US-bank account only might be an issue for some folks (I think Moggle's in Canada, isn't he?)

PS: Another alternative is to split the treasury duties between myself and Moogle (He is co-commish after all) if he's okay with that. Not perfect but that way one person isn't holding all the funds. I would rather do Leaguesafe if that doesn't inconvenience anyone though

I think that depends on where everyone is at. I'm willing to try LS though, but I imagine someone further abroad might not?

Anyway, my entry is still a bit tentative. You've pretty much set it near my wife's due date (!) which could be a problem. ;)

Cloudy

Banned
You mean the draft? We can always change that. Congrats btw :p

PS: I believe you're the only non-US player

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I played in the 3rd season, it was fun. Made playoffs, came in 4th place overall.

I have too many other leagues going to try to get back in, but I endorse it fully.

acksman

I was wondering where this thread was. Looking forward to this year. I"m all signed up and ready to go I believe. At least it looks that way on the yahoo site.

I'd be down if spots are still open.

Did Leagesafe last year in another league and it was okay. They take a cut of any disbursements as "processing" and I want to say the mailing of a paper check was the cheapest option.

Cloudy

Banned
One spot left.

With us using a payment service this year, there will be no way to change things after the fact. Is everyone good with the exact same entry fee and payout we had last year?

One spot left.

With us using a payment service this year, there will be no way to change things after the fact. Is everyone good with the exact same entry fee and payout we had last year?

Cloudy I think I'm gonna bail this year. :( Just don't think I can spend time with two leagues and deal with family stuff. Maybe there's a way but I may even have to autodraft at this point...

Cloudy

Banned
Sad to hear that. We will leave a spot for you till the very last minute and you'd probably still do well with autodraft lol

Cloudy

Banned
League is full pending Moogle's decision. If he does drop out, one of the wait listers will get in

Will anyone have issues with paying via e-check? LeagueSafe is weird cos if I allow credit card payments as well, it charges EVERYONE the processing fee even if we use e-check.

League is full pending Moogle's decision. If he does drop out, one of the wait listers will get in

Will anyone have issues with paying via e-check? LeagueSafe is weird cos if I allow credit card payments as well, it charges EVERYONE the processing fee even if we use e-check.

Cloudy I should bail. Can't even use echeck. But as a co-GM I don't think Yahoo lets me...

Cloudy

Banned
Okay I'll drop you. Hope you can re-join us next year :p

One spot open and I'll start offering to waitlisters...

rinker

Awww moogle =(

e-check + league safe is good with me. And as usual I'd be happy to see the buy-in increased, but whatever.

$65? Anyone wanna make a cheapy cheapskate one for people who aren't INSANE about FF. I'd be down for a real cheap one just for shits and gigs!

Thanks cloudy. I would offer myself as a backup but pretty sure we always have waitlisters. ;) Next year I can doublecheck my picks with the little one, no doubt he will make up his mind on trades faster

Cloudy

Banned
- Congrats again, Moogle!

- Guys, the league is full and I've sent out LeagueSafe invites to everyone. You have 80 days to pay!

- PS: Sorry to all the waitlisters who didn't get picked :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom