• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm still up for increasing the buy-in btw. Now that I'm not handling all the money, I say we got for $100. Who's with Rinker and me? lol

wait, what the fuck?

a) why is this thread in OT and not in OT-Community (same place sports threads are)
b) ... WHY WAS THIS THREAD MADE LIKE TWO MONTHS EARLY?

I swear every year I want to make a Global FF thread for advice and shit and every year Cloudy beats me to making the thread. Oh well... gonna have to try and track down who's who and shit and post my scoring ideas later in the week.
I'm still up for increasing the buy-in btw. Now that I'm not handling all the money, I say we got for $100. Who's with Rinker and me? lol
Dude... you cray.

straight-up cray.

eroots

I'm interested in getting in on this.. Any open spots left? If not, wait list me too :) If someone sets up a economy league I'd be interested.. If not, maybe I'll set one up shortly.. Can't wait for football season.. Anyone interested in a keeper/dynasty league?

I'm interested in getting in on this.. Any open spots left? If not, wait list me too :) If someone sets up a economy league I'd be interested.. If not, maybe I'll set one up shortly.. Can't wait for football season.. Anyone interested in a keeper/dynasty league?

This. I misss this thread every goddamn year.

eroots

I've been running football/baseball leagues at work the last few years. I wouldn't mind setting one up.. I would just need to figure out how to handle the $$ aspect..

Puddles was the guy who set up the 2nd league last year, but unfortunately was wrongly perma'd.
I've been running football/baseball leagues at work the last few years. I wouldn't mind setting one up.. I would just need to figure out how to handle the $$ aspect..
Last year what we did for money was have the commish use Paypal, this year Cloudy is looking for an alternative.

fep

Would love to be in the second league or third or wherever. I just wanna play FF on GAF :)

Used LeagueSafe for the league I ran at work last year... no complaints and pretty easy to use.

minx

Awwww yeah it this time of year. I'm cool with $100 too. Would be cool to have small weekly prizes as well.

Bishman

I always miss these threads. *sigh*

Add me to the waiting list.

How many people do we have on the wait list? I could setup a second league if we have enough people.

Shagwell

This. I misss this thread every goddamn year.

We could set up a second league, no? I'd be interested in a GAF league as well.

Would love to be in the second league or third or wherever. I just wanna play FF on GAF :)

Used LeagueSafe for the league I ran at work last year... no complaints and pretty easy to use.

I'd like to get in on any leagues that open up. Please put me on the waiting list(s).

I always miss these threads. *sigh*

Add me to the waiting list.

How many people do we have on the wait list? I could setup a second league if we have enough people.

I always want to get in on this and then forget.

Add me to any waiting lists.

Add me to whatever list is currently open.

Well that already makes ten of us looking for a league (assuming the current one is all filled up). All we need now is a brave soul to take on the mantle of commissioner.

fep

Hahaha shit dude I'm sorry. Well I'd be willing to do the work to get it up and running if everyone's cool with it. Don't want to start fucking up these dudes' thread.

Initiative! I don't see a reason not to... looks like we have enough people.

I wouldn't mind running a 2nd FF Yahoo league, but I absolutely HATE handling money... I definitely set up a 2nd Economy League ($20 buy-in) in Puddles' honor if a co-commish handled the money/LeagueSafe stuff.

Bishman

I wouldn't mind running a 2nd FF Yahoo league, but I absolutely HATE handling money... I definitely set up a 2nd Economy League ($20 buy-in) in Puddles' honor if a co-commish handled the money/LeagueSafe stuff.

Do it. I have suggestions for the scoring if you are interested.

Shagwell

If it isn't any trouble to you then do it man! That'd be awesome. I'm sure someone will offer themselves up as co-commissioner. We just gotta let everyone know since this thread keeps disappearing to the nether regions of OT fast.

Part of it is I was planning on joining one of the Yahoo! PRO Leagues, and I doubt I can handle 3 leagues at once. I'd have to either join that or do the 2nd League with you guys. There's time to decide at least...

rinker

Speaking of yahoo pro- if any of you do a 100 yahoo pro let me know your draft time i'll give it a whirl see if we end up in the same league. Last year my state wasn't allowed, but seems like they don't care anymore.

fep

Looks like there are two leagues going, but there seems to be enough interested/wait listed that a third is still doable.

Anyone still interested/stepping up to create the league?

I hate the anti-online-gambling shit we have to go through in WA state or I'd be all over yahoo pro.

UberTag

Finally got around to subscribing to this thread.
After going out in the semis in 2011 and the finals last season, it's time to redeem myself.

I'm also on board with a $100 buy-in.
Not so crazy about 4 man benches.
Good for any draft day except from August 22nd-25th.

Ugh I just noticed the Paypal is not allowed thing. That and the US-bank account only might be an issue for some folks (I think Moggle's in Canada, isn't he?)
I'm in the same boat but so long as they accept prepaid debit cards, I can work with that. It's getting funds out at the end of the season that will be a bitch.

eCheck won't be an option for me unless it accomodates Canadian bank accounts. If it's unworkable, I may need to bail and dominate the new GAF fantasy league there's clearly interest in despite my No Quitters heritage. (Shirtless league doesn't count until there's money involved.)

UberTag

This may seem like a crazy suggestion but is there any reason why LeagueSafe can't be employed for everyone in the league based in the United States with PayPal being employed for evil foreigners like myself and Crazymoogle?

I mean, heck, I'll PayPal someone else my dues and they can create a LeagueSafe account for my team if the commish doesn't want to have that responsibility. No reason workarounds can't be employed, right?

Cloudy

Banned
Speaking of yahoo pro- if any of you do a 100 yahoo pro let me know your draft time i'll give it a whirl see if we end up in the same league. Last year my state wasn't allowed, but seems like they don't care anymore.

Last year, SGM and I got into the same one. Are you in one yet?

Roster Positions:
1 QB
3 WRs
2 RBs
1 TE
1 WR/TE Flex
4 Bench Spots
1 IR spot

No Playoff Reseeding

Waiver Type: FAAB Continual Waivers - Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

I think the wave of the future to eliminate fluky weeks is add more spots that a offense can run, in this case an extra WR spot (Imagine 4 WR/2 RB/TE/, 3 WR/ 2 RB/ 2 TE, or 3 WR/2 RB/2 TE). It makes people actually have to research the most plentiful commodity (WR), and there's nothing like winning your week due to that scrub WR proving dividends. I think 3 WRs is a Yahoo! Default, and the Yahoo! Friends and Family League uses a similar format. With roster positions currently I still saw over the year tons of people ignoring the value of the WR position in the flex, teams would carry in some cases 3 TEs, 2 K, and even 3 Defense! So I say cut off an extra bench spot to comp for the extra position spot. Reduces hoarding even more.

Why am I not advocating a 3rd RB? 16 teams, 28 viable (barely) RB options, do the math.

rinker

Last year, SGM and I got into the same one. Are you in one yet?

No not yet, I'm not even 100% sure i can - Illinois wasn't allowed last year, but when I felt it out this year it didn't ask for your address though I didn't go through all the forms. So, not sure. But let me know when you do and I'll give it a whirl.

Cloudy

Banned
I think the wave of the future to eliminate fluky weeks is add more spots that a offense can run, in this case an extra WR spot (Imagine 4 WR/2 RB/TE/, 3 WR/ 2 RB/ 2 TE, or 3 WR/2 RB/2 TE). It makes people actually have to research the most plentiful commodity (WR), and there's nothing like winning your week due to that scrub WR proving dividends. I think 3 WRs is a Yahoo! Default, and the Yahoo! Friends and Family League uses a similar format. With roster positions currently I still saw over the year tons of people ignoring the value of the WR position in the flex, teams would carry in some cases 3 TEs, 2 K, and even 3 Defense! So I say cut off an extra bench spot to comp for the extra position spot. Reduces hoarding even more.

Why am I not advocating a 3rd RB? 16 teams, 28 viable (barely) RB options, do the math.

Why not scout the 3rd WR and play him in the flex spot. I don't see why we should penalize folks who prioritize RBs over WRs when you can start whoever you want there. I do agree that any extra position means we drop a bench spot but 4 is pretty thin as is...

Why not scout the 3rd WR and play him in the flex spot. I don't see why we should penalize folks who prioritize RBs over WRs when you can start whoever you want there. I do agree that any extra position means we drop a bench spot but 4 is pretty thin as is...
Whoops, my mistake. I meant the bench spot cut would be an adjustments from last year, when we went from 5 to 4 and an IR. I think I outlined that in my earlier post.

Going over the last 3 years roster management isn't something most people worried about. Many people carried dead weight on their roster all year long, and a few people would hoard TEs (as many as 3 on a team!) over good WRs. Again, I'm trying to minimalize the "1 monster performance saves a team" by adding another element to the mix.

With 16 teams in the league 3 RBs aren't viable, so why not have people choose from the deepest pool of players out there (WR) for more combinations? Yahoo natively drafts 3 WRs in the Draft, and let's face it people will carry 4-5 WRs anyway on their team.

UberTag

I see that Dinner Out is already ducking facing me in a rematch of the most competitive league championship game in No Quitters history.

Do I see him on my schedule? Noooooo... instead I see him hiding out in a division with two waitlisters and a team that went 4-9 last season.
e5YuU.gif

I see that Dinner Out is already ducking facing me in a rematch of the most competitive league championship game in No Quitters history.

Do I see him on my schedule? Noooooo... instead I see him hiding out in a division with two waitlisters and a team that went 4-9 last season.
e5YuU.gif
Commissioner Cloudy is almost as bad as Vince McMahon trying to make sure his guys wear the Gold. Damn him and his handpicked champions I say!

Cloudy

Banned

e5YuU.gif

I can put you guys in the same division if you want. Any other division requests?

Also, let me think anout your roster proposal a bit more, Frank...

Is there another economy league this year? Or any other leagues to get into? Yahoo Pro leagues seem a joke as they pocket half the money.

UberTag

And Cloudy gets banned trying to support one of his crushes, A-Roid.

I'm hoping it's only a 1-week ban.
Same here. This is not the time of year for a fantasy league commissioner to be out of commission.
Especially since we're still hashing out rules and payout structure. Nothing stopping him from communicating that stuff on Yahoo!, though.
I also need to find out how I can pay my dues through PayPal with everyone else in the league transitioning over to LeagueSafe.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
PSA: free GAF league here if you didn't make it in time for the other leagues, plenty of room right now:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=649435

Do you guys have any advice for us, starting a new league of people who have never been in the same league before? (we've all done fantasy before) Anything you think we should know, or that we might not think of. Scoring advice, league size and division advice, playoff setup advice, administrative advice, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom