• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football League (No Quitters 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCQuinton

Only 12 of us signed up on there. 7 is the majority. It's showing me we have until 1/1 to vote

I was just going by the vote page from the email. It says 8 people have voted, and 9 haven't. No idea where we got 17 people :)

One more person could vote and end this confusion!

Cloudy

Banned
So you think enough have voted but it's just going to hold it until 1/1?

Actually I just looked again. Vote will end 1/1 but it is counting the folks I invited (who paid via paypal) as voters.

PtyBMTp.png

We need 1 more (8 of 17 now) and I've asked FPL to vote

MBison

I do and it just says league payment progress, league events and payment details.

No vote I can see. Kinda worried how I'm gonna get the money heh.

UberTag

I do and it just says league payment progress, league events and payment details.

It'll work out eventually. Cloudy's always been good about ensuring everyone gets paid. I'm still waiting on PayPal but I know how things get with that service so I'm not concerned in the least.

This is the first year we've taken LeagueSafe for a spin so it's no surprise there's a hoop or two to jump through.

Cloudy

Banned

Yeah I dunno why you can't vote but I sent an email blast to everyone. All we need is one more

I'm still waiting on PayPal but I know how things get with that service so I'm not concerned in the least.

I would hope you wouldn't be concerned after 5 years of this!

It'll probably clear Monday if not today :p

U4cU3Py.png

GCQuinton

I got the email and voted when it first went out. That's the only place I've been able to check it. Check your spam folders too, most likely.

MBison

Electronic bank transfer and snail mail check with a couple speeds. Bank transfer cost $5 but I got it in like 1 full business day.

Cloudy

Banned
I have a radical suggestion for S6 but it kind of goes against the NQ ideals. Maybe the top 2 seeds should get byes? This way, there's no incentive for anyone to ubertank :p

Obviously this eliminates 2 playoffs spots yet we saw a 7th seed win it all this year...

Thoughts?

I personally like the wide open feel of our playoffs but is it really fair to discourage a top seed from positioning themselves to win? And will removing strategic tanking at the top just add apathy at the bottom when folks seem out of it?

UberTag

Byes might help but could also lead to a lot of apathy if teams get eliminated early on. The nice thing about this year is that a ton of teams were still contending for those final playoff spots until deep in the season.

If the purpose is to discourage tanking, I'm still partial to letting higher-seeded teams select their playoff opponents. And if you want to remove schedule bias from the equation so that teams that score a lot (like yours) don't get punished due to a rough schedule, we could always reward the top 7 teams (by record) with a playoff berth and then the 8th spot could go to the team with the most points scored after 13 weeks that has not finished in the Top 7. (You could also do a Top 6 with the top 2 remaining teams by points scored getting spots, etc.)

Cloudy

Banned
I'm still partial to letting higher-seeded teams select their playoff opponents.

Yahoo doesn't allow editing schedules in the playoffs and that's too gimmicky IMO. Also, I'd rather not to move to another platform and lose our league history :p

There's also the option of no playoffs and just go by regular season standings but then you might as well play roto (which is lame)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom