• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football Paypal League (Season 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Hopefully this lockout crap gets resolved soon. League is up and the regulars have been invited, Do you cheap mofos want to up the ante this year?

Obviously the regulars get priority but we could expand if there's more interest. Also, I have set the waivers so the bottom-feeders get first crack on a weekly-rolling basis. I think that'll keep it more competitive with the amount of players we have :p

ps: We can discuss on here and folks can sign in but everything is on hold till we see what happens with the negotiations. That means there's no payment till then (so no spots are guaranteed) and anyone who's AWOL a week before draft day can and will be bounced...

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Signed up. Changed my team name from Whizzinators (an admittedly dated reference) to a name that makes it much easier to identify me with my Gaf persona, the Teeth Mummies. Maybe a name change can propel me to the championship, after a disappointing 4th place finish last year.

WOOO I'M IN (insert ric flair gifs as needed)

Even with the lockout, as the defending champ I'm psyched and ready to secondguess all of my draft decisions!

Starfish_Oxide said:
Is this for the Premier League? If it is I might be interested since I finished 3rd in the non-pay-in Neogaf league last season.

No this is for the true fantasy football: NFL style! (Soccer fans can go burn their Manchester kit in other threads.)

Ferny

I'm in if you end up having any open slots for newcomers. Football is about the only fantasy game I end up playing every year anyway so can't wait.

centracore

If you have any slots open for newcomers, I'd love to join. My regular pool fell apart and I've been looking for a good replacement to join.

Cloudy

Banned
Starfish_Oxide said:
Is this for the Premier League? If it is I might be interested since I finished 3rd in the non-pay-in Neogaf league last season.

No it's just a regular yahoo league but we all put money in via paypal and the top 3 split it at the end.

Season 1 was $20 with a $150/$80/$50 split among 14 teams (Dinner Out won)
Season 2 was $30 with a $250-$150-$80 split among 16 teams (Bail Kings won)

Season 3 is yet to be decided but the max is 20. I think more teams and the rolling waivers based on standings would really make things interesting.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Cloudy said:
No it's just a regular yahoo league but we all put money in via paypal and the top 3 split it at the end.

Season 3 is yet to be decided but the max is 20. I think more teams and the rolling waivers based on standings would really make things interesting.

I would vote against more teams. 16 felt like more than enough last year

Cloudy

Banned
TeethMummy said:
I would vote against more teams. 16 felt like more than enough last year

I don't care that much either way but I think it gives more people a chance if some guys have fantastic drafts or get lucky with injuries :p

UberTag

I would gladly join up and pay in to this league if there's actually going to be a season (which I still somewhat doubt).

I remember last year when I had the first pick and so I drafted Chris Johnson and he proceeded to be completely useless.

But I'm a masochist so I'm in again!

Milabrega

Definitely toss my name on the list. Though I would prefer not to be in a league with 15+ teams, even 13/14 is stretching it. Hearing about the FA in the league last year and some of the players people had to roster was just nuts. So perhaps if you get those numbers split the to two smaller leagues?

16 was a bit silly actually, any injury and it was just brutally hard to recover. I survived having Tony Romo but would have basically been screwed if I hadn't drafted a reasonable backup. We had almost no QBs left midseason. Guys were begging on the streets for Kerry Collins!

I think 14 team is a much easier to handle format, but again best idea is to just see who joins and either get big or split into double leagues.

UberTag

Not sure how practical it would be but if there was enough interest, couldn't we have two leagues (one with returning owners, one with newbies) where the top owners in both leagues square off in some kind of hybrid playoff format for the pot during Week 16?

I understand it would get quite janky given that you'd have the potential for the same players to show up on both teams in the Week 16 finals but it would probably make for a more enjoyable format than a 16-team or 18-team league with ludicrously stretched rosters.

i.e. Regular season runs through Week 12
Playoffs within the Vet League / Rookie League run Weeks 13-15
Finals for ultimate bragging rights between the winners of both leagues run Week 16

Sumidor

So now that the lockout is over, we should probably get this all organized yeah?

I'd just like to say, 16 teams is enough, we shouldn't do anymore than that. If there's really that many people interested, we could just split into two leagues.

Cloudy

Banned
Any thoughts on the buy-in this year? Moogle, myself and some others have always been for $100 but I doubt this group wants to do that lol. Maybe $50?

ps: We'll stay at 16, I guess :p

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Damn, if we did 100, we better have more than top 3 getting paid. :p I got screwed last year on my only down week being the second week in the playoffs! :p

Cloudy

Banned
AlteredBeast said:
Damn, if we did 100, we better have more than top 3 getting paid. :p I got screwed last year on my only down week being the second week in the playoffs! :p

Yeah, it might be top 5 or even 7. Just more incentive for FULL participation until the end (which is the point of No Quitters :p)

Sumidor

How much was buy in last year? $20 right? I'm down for $100, but then again, i'd be down for $200. Also I think we need to organize this faster, so that we can figure out a day that everyone will be able to make the draft. There were quite a few people, myself included, that had to do auto draft last year.

Cloudy

Banned
How much was buy in last year? $20 right? I'm down for $100, but then again, i'd be down for $200.

Season 1 was $20 and it was $30 last year. I personally wouldn't want to go higher than $100 for now lol

UberTag

I'd be game for $100. Nothing motivates people to be serious about fantasy like a heavy monetary commitment.

Cloudy

Banned
Umm..only 7 regulars have signed in so far. I've had the league up for a month, guys.

I will probably start accepting newbies this weekend.

Cloudy

Banned
4 (of 16) spots left. The league is currently set to 20 but the last 4 non-regulars to sign in will be on a pseudo waiting list and can play if anyone hasn't paid a week before the draft.

Speaking of payment, anymore thoughts on this? We're going higher than last year ($30) but not over $100. Obviously if we go closer to $100, it'd be a top 5 or top 7 split. Let's hear some ideas for buy-in and splits

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You know my stance. just leave the door open for my poor ass to make payments, I will have it in. You know I am good for it. :p

rinker

Identify yourself, newcomers!

Regarding the payouts, I would rather the top 3 or 4 get a big payday rather than the top half only barely get their buy-in back. But that's the last I'll say about it, whatever the majority is cool with is fine with me.

acksman

We were mentioning weekly prizes. Here is what the weekly's are in my other league for some ideas if we go this route.

I think its a $10 or $20 payout for each week.

Weekly Prizes

Week 1: Most Points (bench players not included)

Week 2: Most Bench Points (must have a starter at every position to be eligible)

Week 3: Fewest Points (bench players not included)

Week 4: Benched All-Pro (The benched player who scores the most points)

Week 5: Most Starting RB points

Week 6: Most Starting WR points

Week 7: Most Starting Def points

Week 8: Most Receiving points (includes RB, WR, WR/RB & TE positions)

Week 9: Most Flex points

Week 10: Most Starting QB points

Week 11: Most K points (bench players not included)

Week 12: Largest Margin of Defeat (team who wins by the most)

Week 13: Starting All-Pro (The starter who scores the most points)

Week 14: Narrowest Margin of Defeat (team who loses the closest game)

Cloudy

Banned
rinker said:
Identify yourself, newcomers!

Regarding the payouts, I would rather the top 3 or 4 get a big payday rather than the top half only barely get their buy-in back. But that's the last I'll say about it, whatever the majority is cool with is fine with me.

That's something to consider. I also like the weekly bonus idea but rinker has a point...

Cloudy

Banned
- Team Seph*
- Virtual Physics
- Rooks *
- GaleSayers Explosion
- Hookers And Blow
- Sinistar*
- Long Island Broskis*
- PrimeTime
- FirstPlaceLoser*
- Good As Gould
- Bail Kings (NeoGAF)
- Ember Island Players
- Dinner Out
- The Big Blue Crew 3
- Romo Wittenhispants
- Peyton's Creaky Neck

First 16 are in. Next 4 will be waitlisted. Even the vets, cos I gave more than a month's notice!

* = rookies

Whoa, $100? GODDAMN, I thought the logical progression was $40-50. Not much of a fan of 100.

You know my opinion from last year, we keep the pay-in low due to the sheer amount of teams. If we have 16 again x $50 = $800. Split that any way between Top 3-4 and that's still a good chunk of change.

Cloudy

Banned
That's another good point too. Some of us are used to paying big money in other leagues but $100 is a big jump from $30 lol

I just assumed $50 and had made these calculations:

1st gets 54.25% = $434
2nd gets 26.25% = $210
3rd gets 13.25% = $106
Top Points guy who doesn't make playoffs gets 6.25% = $50

How much did the winner get last year? I think we just did Top 3 last year.

Cloudy

Banned
The Frankman said:
How much did the winner get last year? I think we just did Top 3 last year.

I think I'd rather have a 4th place prize than reward a non-playoff team :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom