• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2012 Awards

ibgmlD3QGePx0E.png

(better banner coming soon)

About the voting:

REGION-LOCKING SUCKS. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Cheesemeister is spearheading a petition to ban region-locking in the US via a White House petition. Learn more here and then sign the petition. Thanks!

Notes & Thanks:
Thanks to Cheesemeister and his parser which simplifies the tallying process dramatically. And always, thank you to everyone who submitted a ballot with thoughtful comments on their selections. It made the voting thread a pleasure to read.

-----------------

GAME OF THE YEAR
ibw0BHbAfUpzKK.png

01. Journey = 1080 points, 14 honorable mentions

GAF said:
Lissar said:
I played through Journey six times and each trip was better than the last. Each time was different due to the fact that you get thrown into this world with a random person you know nothing about. The person could abandon you and go their own way, fall down a cliff never to be seen again, or stick by you until the end. The game made me feel curiosity, excitement, fear, sadness, and ultimately a bitter sweet joy. Despite being a linear experience, the game still manages to provide a sense that you are exploring a world and civilization that is bigger than you are. This, along with wonderful music and visual design, has made Journey my game of the year.
MuddyDonut said:
An awe inspiring piece of work and one that moved me more than any video game has since my childhood. Journey is expertly paced, has a beautiful artstyle, fitting and gorgeous music, and simply is a delightful package from beginning to end. Also, the experience more than makes up for the simple gameplay and I am enthused that something like this even exists.
dosh said:
The sliding sequence made me go "Weeeee!" out loud in my living room. I believe my unknown companion was doing the exact same thing in front of his tv.

iclhjgQdTx72r.png

02. The Walking Dead = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions

GAF said:
ShockingAlberto said:
At the end of the day, the things I feel about The Walking Dead are simply beyond what I feel about other games this year. If we want to make the argument that video games can be art, it is not about being obtuse and pretentious and demand that a TV screen with Braid play on a loop sitting on a wall in the Museum of Modern Art. It is about looking at games like The Walking Dead and seeing that the experience of a video game can be every bit as valid as other forms of art. I chose The Walking Dead as my game of the year because it is an experience that other titles, simply being video games, could not match. To put it another way, The Walking Dead is game of the year by being everything that title has never meant.
parasight said:
The most compelling story ever told in its medium. I'm not a big fan of games that put story before gameplay altogether, but this one was an exception. So much maturity in the way it handles its characters. Clementine is the most convincing and realistic depiction of a child in any video game. The sense of choice is powerful, even if it's usually smoke and mirrors. At one point I actually thought I caused someone to die, before realizing there was no way to save them. I've never cried because of a video game before, but I cried because of this one. This game prompted me to immediately watch all the episodes of the TV show and read the entire comic series in less than a week. They're good, but they're not even close to as good as this game.
SuperSonic1305 said:
One of the best adventure games i've played. I love the books and the TV show and the game does a great job of creating another worthy story for the franchise. The characters and writing are fantastic and provided some of the most shocking and emotional moments I've had as a gamer.

ib15WkJwu6kDtZ.png

03. XCOM: Enemy Unknown = 689 points, 25 honorable mentions

GAF said:
d1rtn4p said:
What else is there to say that hasn't already been said? The formula works as good now as it did back in 1996. I dumped dozens of hours into this new game and I still get just as exhilarated and anxious every time I start a mission. Sadly, there just isn't enough quality turn-based strategy out there these days and I'm super thankful this game was made.
neomike said:
I feared the worst, I hoped for the best. I was so excited for XCOM to finally hit, and when it did, I and tons of friends were completely sucked in for weeks. There are very few games that hit this level of design. It's fantastically well made, and if it wasn't for some lacklustre art, a few bugs and a few mechanical choices, I'd want to call it perfect. As it is, I don't think we could have gotten a better XCOM remake. It is absolutely the best game of 2012, hands down.
Emerson said:
In a recent video game climate that has often been about evolving the medium, XCOM was a return to classic video game mechanics. The top-down strategic gameplay is very nearly perfect. Yes, there are some bugs and I've been frustrated by my share of them. There is very little story to speak of, and in fact the most effective narrative will be one you create yourself. The attachment I developed with my soldiers over the course of the game was almost embarrassingly strong, and on several occasions I was nearly despondent over their deaths. XCOM is simply one of the most solid video games I've played in years, and when it comes to gameplay there aren't many better experiences you could have had this year.

iMHxFyiwJ8RxR.png

04. Sleeping Dogs = 566 points, 17 honorable mentions

GAF said:
EYEL1NER said:
The game feels like every one of my favorite HK movies. Combat is the Arkham-style combat of counters, but the moves you pull off and string together look so cool and punishing. The main character is slick as hell and the open-world environment is great.
Sojgat said:
Succeeds where all other open world games fail, by making each of it's core mechanics as fully realised as those in games where they're the sole focus. Every aspect of the game benefits because of it. A few rushed/glossed over areas in the narrative, and a slight lack of meaty side content are more than made up for by the great Hong Kong environment, and a hugely likable protagonist in Wei Shen. It all works together to make a whole greater than the sum of it's parts, giving Sleeping Dogs it's own unique feel that I absolutely loved.
Omikaru said:
Sleeping Dogs had an excellent blend of open world driving, hand-to-hand combat, shootybang bits, and story, to the point that the game had a "just one more mission" quality to it that kept me playing for hours on end. A rare achievement in modern games.

iMarkyWbOR60y.png

05. Dishonored = 521 points, 18 honorable mentions

GAF said:
SalsaShark said:
The artstyle is amazing. The world it creates is superb and leaves you wanting to explore more of it. The gameplay manages to get rid of common annoyances in the stealth genre in very satisfying ways. The powers are genuinely fun to play around with and make you change the way in wich you play games of the genre. It really does feel like a playground at times in wich you just play with the game's systems , wich is something I really missed in games. The gameplay allows the perfection of your skills. This is a game where you actually get noticeably better as you keep playing, and I know it sounds silly but you rarely see something like this in today's empowering games. The ability to pull off crazy stunts/moves once you get really good at it is super satisfying. It also encourages replayability and I had as much fun in my second, non-lethal, unseen, blink-only, low chaos run than on my first one; maybe even more.
Dyni Crippler said:
It's a steampunk Deus Ex, to put it simple. Level design is superb, powers are incredible and the freedom given to the player is simply amazing. Combine that with the combat system, which plays like Dark Messiah meets Riddick, and the unique stealth based on exploration rather than avoiding guards and you've got yourself the greatest game of the year, at least for me.
Minion101 said:
Deus Ex meets BioShock meets Thief meets Half-Life meets my wallet.

iban8RoRJZQTIU.png

06. Mass Effect 3 = 513 points, 20 honorable mentions

GAF said:
ZealousD said:
The fact that the ending to this game got as much vocal hate as it did proves something. It proves that throughout the entire length of this series, Bioware has done a hell of a lot right. If Bioware wasn't hitting the right notes in all of this, nobody would have cared. Mass Effect 3, despite the ending, still manages to be the best campaign in the series. I became very emotionally invested in this universe and the characters of this series, and for very good reason. Because it's fucking good.
Grisby said:
The horrible ending couldn't destroy all of the fun I had in the previous 30 something hours. All of the little character moments and resolutions to some of the series long standing dramas were awesome. Some nice missions and a fun multiplayer made me forget the lack of hubs and questionable animation system .

iyxlmCef75JHt.png

07. Borderlands 2 = 486 points, 10 honorable mentions

GAF said:
ezekial45 said:
- Guns, guns, guns! What a great improvement over the last game. It's like Gearbox went through a giant fan wish list and granted nearly. The developers really showed a great attention to detail for this game, and also the gave the universe much needed context to benefit the future of the series. Also, put me the group that really loved Tiny Tina.
XxCGSxX said:
Most fun I've had playing a Co-op game, we laughed, screamed at each other for not sharing weapons but most importantly had a blast with it at the end of the day. The writing in this game was amazing IMO, I can't remember the last game that made me laugh out loud more than once.

ibcG7yYQOXjpnr.png

08. Kid Icarus: Uprising = 472 points, 11 honorable mentions

GAF said:
Tookay said:
Sakurai's still got it. Once the controls click, the whole thing becomes sublime: lots of variety/content, hidden depth to the mechanics, great music, endearing story and characters. And the whole game keeps finding ways to escalate, which makes it hard to put down. Probably the first Nintendo game since Galaxy that's blown me away.
Snowden's Secret said:
Easily the best game released not only this year, but maybe this decade . I haven't played anything as sharp or fresh in a long, long time, and I was hooked beginning to end. Fiend's Cauldron is brilliant--I played each stage numerous times before advancing just to eke out better gear and see how insane 9.0 could get. The dialogue is witty and endearing, characters are endlessly introduced and fleshed out, and Sakurai pulls off the Okami hat trick of including the game's sequels but this time it doesn't feel like padding. 10/10 Masterpiece game.

i1yTtwWzVoZay.png

09. Far Cry 3 = 402 points, 21 honorable mentions

GAF said:
The Jason said:
Despite the various issues that always seem to attend open world games, FC3 delivers an incredible experience. An open world game that combines stealth, survival, strategy, shooting, and exploration is just too good. Maybe I'm not as jaded as most gamers but FC3 does so many things right, it leaves me in awe of how far game development has come.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Far Cry 3 is by no means perfect but when everything comes together just right it is some of the most fun I have had in a open world game. I also think it has the best stealth melee system of all time. Looking for opportunities to chain your combos together was deeply rewarding. Excellent characters and voice acting rounded out a really great game.

ibvy7O9te3wBnA.png

10. Hotline Miami = 399 points, 21 honorable mentions

GAF said:
EatChildren said:
A psychedelic ultra violent trip, fashionably drenched from head to toe in blood and style, Hotline Miami is the quintessential example of the many components and qualities of video game design coming together in perfect unison. Its confident, self aware identity panders to no focus group, market, or specific taste. Every element, whether it be the retro electronic soundtrack, neon pixel graphics, visceral twitch gameplay, or schizophrenic narrative, brilliantly toes the line between self serving aggression, and co-operation with its companions. It's like the best cocktails; acidic, volatile liquors and spices entwined to manifest a flavour you can't quite describe yet won?t ever forget. You're never sure which part of Hotline Miami you like the most. As the sweat beads down your forehead you're not even sure if you're really 'enjoying' yourself. Is this experience fun? Is this entertainment? The answer is irrelevant. What matters is you cannot put the controller down, and all those blockbusters you've played this year, gluttonously padded with their mulit-million dollar budgets, lay twitching in a pool of crimson at your feet.
ScOULaris said:
This takes the cake for the most fun I've had with a game this year. Hotline's fast-paced arcade gameplay coalesced with the trance-inducing soundtrack and neon-drenched visual presentation to create something altogether unique and engaging. It was a real shame that the game was released in such a buggy state, but the core game here is what shines despite the technical hiccups. The feeling of blowing through multiple floors of white-suited Russians without breaking my combo is priceless and hasn't been replicated by any other game this year.

iblZcfeMklZtQ6.png

11. Halo 4 = 364 points, 6 honorable mentions

GAF said:
NullPointer said:
Pitch perfect controls and gunplay, a staggering achievement in audio and visual work to realize the world of Halo, and a wealth of multiplayer options including Spartan Ops. The game is incomplete, and not everything added or changed pays off, but the core gameplay is still so damn good and moment to moment encounters satisfy more than most shooters can ever hope to. 343 has a long way to go to finish the fight, but the core is true to Halo.
Bgamer90 said:
While I liked the previous Halo games this gen, I've never really been hooked to them. I would basically stop playing them after only a few weeks. Halo 4 breaks that chain. I'm highly addicted to the multiplayer. On top of that, the game looks absolutely amazing for a game running on a seven year old console. It's really the only game of a "AAA" nature that was released in 2012 that actually met & exceeded my expectations.

iI9mIklIOQbQI.png

12. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions

GAF said:
AniHawk said:
make a story in a video game, and it damn well better have a purpose. a common dilemma is how game design and story don't get along. instead, virtue's last reward intricately weaves the story into the game design. it's playful with video game tropes, and all more worth the while for it. virtue's last reward is not the game its predecessor was- the story isn't as unique, nor are the stakes as high, but it's still one of the best examples of how you can tell a story in a game where dialogue and game design can ally with and not betray one another.
Kusagari said:
The game improves upon it's predecessor quite a bit. The way they tied the gameplay in with the story felt seamless through the use of the flow system. The story might not be as memorable as 999's, but it's still a crazy ride with twists galore.

ib1HnrlogNw2pb.png

13. Persona 4: The Golden = 321 points, 13 honorable mentions

GAF said:
RoeBear said:
So many great things to say about this game. Story is the best that I played this whole year. Battle system is fun, short, and simple. The one thing that can feel bad about the game is that sometimes it feels like you're spending time doing the wrong social links on the wrong dates, which caused me a bit of stress worrying about it. Overall a great experience and a must own for any Vita owner.
we.are.the.armada said:
This is the salt of the earth JRPG. Nonsensical convolution pursued by archetypes spouting platitudes is replaced by a liberal variety of interesting character dialogue, interaction, and development. This is the best game that I've played all year.

ibpLKPIyZUUL2i.png

14. FTL: Faster Than Light = 316 points, 14 honorable mentions

GAF said:
Karl2177 said:
I don't think I've ever had a game where I dropped this many hours into it, haven't beat the final boss, and am still having incredible amounts of fun. I really do feel like Captain Kirk, ordering my dudes around the ship, and generally commanding well. I've led my Kestral into some tough situations, not all of them I've survived, but it feels good to destroy an enemy ship without taking any hull damage or anything. I'm just too giddy about this game, to put it into words accurately.
Man said:
Probably the most inspiring game I have played since Minecraft. There's no filler in this game at all yet it manages to create a lovely retro sci-fi atmosphere. The gameplay design is fresh, truly addictive and of the highest quality. A masterpiece.

it13y1zRHYgYF.png

15. Xenoblade Chronicles = 299 points, 14 honorable mentions

GAF said:
ScOULaris said:
Wow. GAF was right. This is the best JRPG I have played since the glory days of Squaresoft on the SNES and PS1, and it might be the best one overall that I've ever played. An RPG of this scope is all too rare a thing these days, and Xenoblade offers the player and absolute embarrassment of content. While the sidequests are mostly boring fetch-quests, every other facet of this game's design is tailored to iron out the long-remaining quirks of JRPG gameplay. The combat is fast and engaging, exploration is encouraged by rewarding the player with XP, the penalty for death is minimal, the writing and voice acting is well above average for this sort of game, and the game's world atop two warring titans is without a doubt one of the most well-realized in game history.
Kesagiri said:
An expansive RPG with a great sense of adventure. Its battle mechanics are a great mix of old and new, and digging through what is possible is rewarding as certain characters become particularly useful. Xenoblade feels like an SNES RPG that took a few battle system cues from FFXII. In other words: it's excellent.

iG7s7A1tIzbCc.png

16. Mark of the Ninja = 289 points, 10 honorable mentions
GAF said:
Chairman Yang said:
Brilliant, highly-polished, and the best stealth game in a long time. In terms of pure mechanics, and disregarding things like setting and atmosphere, this IS the best stealth game of all time. It's also an excellent example of how transparent game mechanics are almost always better than unclear, but "realistic" game mechanics.

i6YAXjL8yOg0Y.png

17. Max Payne 3 = 285 points, 9 honorable mentions

GAF said:
MormaPope said:
Being a longtime Max Payne fan, my anticipation and excitement reached a fever pitch before Max Payne 3's release. When I finally played it, it was one of the most engaging shooters this generation. The feedback and inertia during a firefight was intoxicating, while some people were bothered with the amount of cutscenes and transitions, the fact that they covered up almost all loading screens made the game feel smooth and lucid. The direction Rockstar went with Max's character and the performance given by James Mccaffrey is stellar.

id7d2KGppeE1c.png

18. Dragon's Dogma = 250 points, 5 honorable mentions

GAF said:
Zyrusticae said:
In my view, this is the best damn game I have ever played. I love the character customization, I love the combat that allows me to climb up on top of huge monsters and hack them to death, I love the ever-present sense of danger, I love the progression, I love the music, I love the pawns, I love almost everything about it! Like I've said before, it's as if someone made a game just for me. My dream game, in other words. I am VERY eagerly awaiting the expansion. It'll take a lot of work for someone to knock this game off its throne for me.

iTxykV9D8JOgU.png

19. Gravity Rush = 248 points, 7 honorable mentions

GAF said:
so1337 said:
Moving around the different parts of the floating city of Hekseville by literally bending the laws of physics is so much fun that it's all too easy to forget that Gravity Rush features both a genuinely likable heroine and and an interesting story with more than a few twists and turns. Gravity Rush remains a very divisive game but it's unique take on the open world formula kept me hooked from start to finish. It's easily my favorite game of the year.

iWOSIZamsk87N.png

20. Spec Ops: The Line = 243 points, 16 honorable mentions

GAF said:
mik said:
This was a real surprise. I thought everything about this game was excellent and well-crafted--the shooting, the graphics, the soundtrack. Then it goes ahead and layers on a story that's truly unexpected and fresh in a military shooter. Personally, I think this game makes Medal of Honor and Call of Duty kind of an embarrassment.

Action Game of the Year: Sleeping Dogs = 566 points, 17 honorable mentions
iMHxFyiwJ8RxR.png

2. Kid Icarus: Uprising = 472 points, 11 honorable mentions
3. Hotline Miami = 399 points, 21 honorable mentions
4. Gravity Rush = 248 points, 7 honorable mentions
5. Assassin's Creed III = 168 points, 16 honorable mentions

Adventure Game of the Year: Journey = 1080 points, 14 honorable mentions
ibw0BHbAfUpzKK.png

2. The Walking Dead = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions
3. Dishonored = 521 points, 18 honorable mentions
4. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions
5. Katawa Shoujo = 85 points, 4 honorable mentions

Fighting Game of the Year: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 = 131 points, 2 honorable mentions
iXyek83gaNqTt.png

2. Persona 4 Arena = 60 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown = 55 points, 1 honorable mention
4. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale = 54 points, 1 honorable mention
5. Dead or Alive 5 = 31 points, 3 honorable mentions

FPS Game of the Year: Borderlands 2 = 486 points, 10 honorable mentions
iyxlmCef75JHt.png

2. Far Cry 3 = 402 points, 21 honorable mentions
3. Halo 4 = 364 points, 6 honorable mentions
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II = 98 points, 4 honorable mentions
5. The Darkness II (FPS) = 59 points, 3 honorable mentions

Horror Game of the Year: ZombiU = 132 points, 7 honorable mentions
ib26GZxVIrvmRk.png

2. Resident Evil: Revelaitons = 130 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Resident Evil 6 = 78 points, 5 honorable mentions
4. Alan Wake = 34 points, 3 honorable mentions
5. Alan Wake's American Nightmare = 27 points, 2 honorable mentions

MMO Game of the Year: Guild Wars 2 = 117 points, 5 honorable mentions
iUHDtXI2tks0B.png

2. Planetside 2 = 59 points, 5 honorable mentions
3. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria = 43 points, 1 honorable mention
4. Awesomenauts = 24 points, 1 honorable mention
5. The Secret World = 20 points, 1 honorable mention

Platform Game of the Year: Mark of the Ninja = 289 points, 10 honorable mentions
iG7s7A1tIzbCc.png

2. New Super Mario Bros. U = 208 points, 4 honorable mentions
3. Fez = 173 points, 8 honorable mentions
4. Trials Evolution = 111 points, 9 honorable mentions
5. Sound Shapes = 95 points, 8 honorable mentions

Puzzle Game of the Year: Crashmo = 45 points
iFfP1oVYAEqLQ.png

2. Lumines Electronic Symphony = 33 points, 2 honorable mentions
3. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask = 23 points, 1 honorable mention
4. Quantum Conundrum = 18 points, 1 honorable mention
5. Scribblenauts Unlimited = 16 points, 5 honorable mentions

Racing Game of the Year: Forza Horizon = 133 points, 2 honorable mentions
ibnSXnpv0dlQcz.png

2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed = 66 points, 6 honorable mentions
3. Need for Speed: Most Wanted = 49 points, 3 honorable mentions
4. Wipeout 2048 = 47 points, 4 honorable mentions
5. MotorStorm: RC = 15 points, 1 honorable mention

Rhythm Game of the Year: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions
iiBwRyMOu0uNR.png

2. Rhythm Heaven Fever = 78 points, 4 honorable mentions
3. DJMax Technika Tune = 11 points
4. Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure = 10 points, 1 honorable mention
5. Rock Band Blitz = 9 points, 1 honorable mention

RPG of the Year: Mass Effect 3 = 513 points, 20 honorable mentions
iban8RoRJZQTIU.png

2. Persona 4: The Golden = 321 points, 13 honorable mentions
3. Xenoblade Chronicles = 299 points, 14 honorable mentions
4. Dragon's Dogma = 250 points, 5 honorable mentions
5. Diablo III = 181 points, 15 honorable mentions

Shooter Game of the Year: Max Payne 3 = 285 points, 9 honorable mentions
i6YAXjL8yOg0Y.png

2. Spec Ops: The Line = 243 points, 16 honorable mentions
3. Binary Domain = 230 points, 15 honorable mentions
4. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron = 20 points
5. Akai Katana Shin = 19 points, 2 honorable mentions

Simulation Game of the Year: The Pinball Arcade = 23 points, 2 honorable mentions
ibkjwwocQszVGH.png

2. Style Savvy: Trendsetters = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
3. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning = 9 points
4. Cart Life = 4 points
5. Spaceteam = 4 points

Sports Game of the Year: SSX = 71 points, 4 honorable mentions
il0NuMKNRIkWp.png

2. FIFA 13 = 48 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. NBA 2K13 = 25 points, 1 honorable mention
4. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational = 22 points, 3 honorable mentions
5. WWE '13 = 11 points, 3 honorable mentions

Strategy Game of the Year: XCOM: Enemy Unknown = 689 points, 25 honorable mentions
ib15WkJwu6kDtZ.png

2. FTL: Faster Than Light = 316 points, 14 honorable mentions
3. Crusader Kings II = 66 points, 3 honorable mentions
4. Civilization V: Gods & Kings = 26 points, 1 honorable mention
5. Pokémon Conquest = 22 points, 2 honorable mentions

---------------------
CONSOLE/PC, HANDHELD, and DOWNLOAD-ONLY AWARDS
---------------------
Console/PC Exclusive Awards

PC Exclusive Game of the Year: Hotline Miami = 399 points, 21 honorable mentions
3. Diablo III = 181 points, 15 honorable mentions

Playstation 3 Exclusive Game of the Year: Journey = 1080 points, 14 honorable mentions
2. Tokyo Jungle = 112 points, 6 honorable mentions
3. Tales of Graces f = 90 points, 6 honorable mentions

Xbox 360 Exclusive Game of the Year: Halo 4 = 364 points, 6 honorable mentions
2. Fez = 173 points, 8 honorable mentions
3. Forza Horizon = 133 points, 2 honorable mentions

Wii U Exclusive Game of the Year: New Super Mario Bros. U = 208 points, 4 honorable mentions
2. Nintendo Land = 156 points, 7 honorable mentions
3. ZombiU = 132 points, 7 honorable mentions

Wii Exclusive Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles = 299 points, 14 honorable mentions
2. The Last Story = 85 points, 6 honorable mentions
3. Rhythm Heaven Fever = 78 points, 4 honorable mentions

Multiplatform Game of the Year: The Walking Dead = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions
2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown = 689 points, 25 honorable mentions
3. Sleeping Dogs = 566 points, 17 honorable mentions

Downloadable/DD Game of the Year: Hotline Miami = 399 points, 21 honorable mentions
3. Mark of the Ninja = 289 points, 10 honorable mentions

Handheld/Mobile Exclusive Awards
Handheld Game of the Year: Kid Icarus: Uprising = 472 points, 11 honorable mentions
RurouniZel said:
Nintendo revisited an IP they haven?t touched in over twenty years and delivered a remarkable reintroduction to the characters of Pit and Palutena. The game features the most incredible difficulty scaler I?ve seen in a videogame that actually encouraged me to get better and better with each play-through. Combined with the best 3D visuals I?ve seen on the platform, an INCREDIBLE musical score , and quirky humor, this had Game of the Year potential from the get go. The only reason it isn?t is because of the controls. I got used to them, sure, but this is a game who?s planning was clearly designed for the Wii. Pointer controls and this game would have been as perfect as it could possibly be.

02. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions
vcassano1 said:
I love a good book. I read a hell of a lot. But I hate stories in games. I constantly am aggrieved by the way that journalists and developers seem to love the idea of story and narrative, with gameplay being somewhat sidelined. I tend to think that interactivity and narrative are not good bed fellows. This game has not changed that opinion. It is however, a phenomenal story, that blends its narrative and gameplay framework in a brilliant way . It has superbly written characters - Phi, in particular, but almost any of the characters are fantastic. The plot is insane but in a way that is internally credible and consistent. I have not outwardly reacted to any story in such a way for a long, long time. I was literally going "YES YES YES YES YES" at various points. That wasn't even part of one of the endings. This series is a must play for anyone.

03. Persona 4: The Golden = 321 points, 13 honorable mentions
Necrovex said:
I do not play games in long sittings anymore. My average time is 45 minutes. I discovered myself losing a day because of this game. It fixed all of the mechanic issues from vanilla, added stuff that I didn't even know I wanted, and the new story content is wonderful. This is the definitive version of Persona 4, and it has replaced the vanilla version in my top 10 list of favorite games ever.

04. Gravity Rush = 248 points, 7 honorable mentions
Square Triangle said:
My must have Vita game. Given its art-style and origin of creation- I usually pass over these games. However something told me ignore the mediocre reviews and give it a go. Thank god I listened, I sunk hours upon hours into this game. The wife hated me for it.

05. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions
Electivirus said:
The perfect compliment to Dissidia, filled with music both old and new. It's a nostalgic trip down memory lane with some great mechanics to back it up. Tons to collect, addictive RPG elements, and an adorable art style. I wish that there was more DLC, but I can't really complain, given how many songs that there are here. I've never been a fan of rhythm games, but Theatrhythm is a notable exception. Onward, we weep, forever, in eternity!

06. Resident Evil: Revelaitons = 130 points, 3 honorable mentions
Ein Bear said:
Tense, scary, and a technical marvel. The best Resident Evil game since 4, and hopefully the one Capcom look at closely when they're going forward with the series. 6 should be ashamed.

07. Paper Mario: Sticker Star = 93 points, 4 honorable mentions
enzo_gt said:
A pleasant surprise, and probably my favourite 3DS game, Sticker Star never fails to put a smile on your face as you move from area to area. The game's combat system is simple, and doesn't have much depth or a learning curve to it, but is still fun. The game instead focuses on strict sticker management. Charming mechanics like paperizing, removing stickers from objects and picking up scraps all come together to make a relatively varied experience, that I already wish I could experience for the first time again.

08. New Super Mario Bros. 2 = 91 points, 5 honorable mentions
braves01 said:
The black sheep. Maligned from the beginning and hated for existing, this was just a great Mario game that's quietly gone on to stretch its legs and sell millions while introducing a fantastic new Coin Rush mode in addition to a fine traditional main game. I've got 70 hours sunk into this bad boy in large part to Coin Rush.

09. Pokémon Black/White 2 = 83 points, 4 honorable mentions
ohlawd said:
The best mainline Pokemon game since.... Pokemon Black/White. When will capturing monsters and beating the crap out of those same monsters stop being so entertaining?

10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions
Derrick01 said:
It's the best looking game on Vita and while the story and pacing aren't on par with Naughty Dog standards Bend still did a really nice job at putting the Uncharted experience on handheld. Almost nothing from the game was neutered or taken out to fit on Vita and in fact they greatly enhanced the collectibles portion of the game over Naughty Dogs'. Each collectible has a description or mini story behind it and many of them have a minigame that utilizes the Vita's many features . It's a much more intriguing system than just walking to a spot and picking it up like you do in ND's Uncharteds.

Handheld Platform Awards

Nintendo 3DS Game of the Year: Kid Icarus: Uprising = 472 points, 11 honorable mentions
02. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions
03. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions
04. Resident Evil: Revelaitons = 130 points, 3 honorable mentions
05. Paper Mario: Sticker Star = 93 points, 4 honorable mentions

Nintendo DS Game of the Year: Pokémon Black/White 2 = 83 points, 4 honorable mentions
02. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 = 25 points, 4 honorable mentions
03. Pokémon Conquest = 22 points, 2 honorable mentions
04. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow = 7 points
05. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes = 6 points

PS Vita Game of the Year: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions
02. Persona 4: The Golden = 321 points, 13 honorable mentions
03. Gravity Rush = 248 points, 7 honorable mentions
04. Sound Shapes = 95 points, 8 honorable mentions
05. Uncharted: Golden Abyss = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions

PSP Game of the Year: FIFA 13 = 48 points, 3 honorable mentions
02. Warriors Orochi 3 = 25 points
03. NBA 2K13 = 25 points, 1 honorable mention
04. Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time = 18 points
05. Velocity = 17 points, 3 honorable mentions

Mobile Game of the Year: The Walking Dead = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions
02. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions
03. Super Hexagon = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions
04. Need for Speed: Most Wanted = 49 points, 3 honorable mentions
05. FIFA 13 = 48 points, 3 honorable mentions

Handheld/Mobile Genre Awards
Action Game of the Year: Kid Icarus: Uprising = 472 points, 11 honorable mentions
2. Gravity Rush = 248 points, 7 honorable mentions
3. Warriors Orochi 3 = 25 points

Adventure Game of the Year: The Walking Dead = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions
2. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Uncharted: Golden Abyss = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions

Fighting Game of the Year: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale = 54 points, 1 honorable mention
2. Street Fighter X Tekken = 27 points
3. Punch Quest = 3 points, 1 honorable mention

Horror Game of the Year: Resident Evil: Revelaitons = 130 points, 3 honorable mentions
2. Shoot Many Zombies! = 1 point

MMO Game of the Year: Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube? = 1 point

Platform Game of the Year: Sound Shapes = 95 points, 8 honorable mentions
2. New Super Mario Bros. 2 = 91 points, 5 honorable mentions
3. Rayman Origins = 51 points, 2 honorable mentions

Puzzle Game of the Year: Crashmo = 45 points
2. Lumines Electronic Symphony = 33 points, 2 honorable mentions
3. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask = 23 points, 1 honorable mention

Racing Game of the Year: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed = 66 points, 6 honorable mentions
2. Need for Speed: Most Wanted = 49 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Wipeout 2048 = 47 points, 4 honorable mentions

Rhythm Game of the Year: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions
2. DJMax Technika Tune = 11 points
3. Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure = 10 points, 1 honorable mention

RPG Game of the Year: Persona 4: The Golden = 321 points, 13 honorable mentions
2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star = 93 points, 4 honorable mentions
3. Pokémon Black/White 2 = 83 points, 4 honorable mentions

Shooter Game of the Year: Sine Mora = 11 points, 2 honorable mentions
2. Super Stardust Delta = 6 points, 2 honorable mentions
3. DoDonPachi Maximum = 6 points, 1 honorable mention

Simulation Game of the Year: The Pinball Arcade = 23 points, 2 honorable mentions
2. Style Savvy: Trendsetters = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
3. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning = 9 points

Sports Game of the Year: FIFA 13 = 48 points, 3 honorable mentions
2. NBA 2K13 = 25 points, 1 honorable mention
3. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational = 22 points, 3 honorable mentions

Strategy Game of the Year: Pokémon Conquest = 22 points, 2 honorable mentions
2. Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time = 18 points
3. Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 = 15 points

Download-Only Awards
Digital Distribution Game of the Year: Hotline Miami = 399 points, 21 honorable mentions
02. FTL: Faster Than Light = 316 points, 14 honorable mentions
03. Mark of the Ninja = 289 points, 10 honorable mentions
04. Fez = 173 points, 8 honorable mentions
05. Torchlight II = 112 points, 10 honorable mentions
06. Trials Evolution = 111 points, 9 honorable mentions
07. Sound Shapes = 95 points, 8 honorable mentions
08. Spelunky = 90 points, 2 honorable mentions
09. Katawa Shoujo = 85 points, 4 honorable mentions
10. Super Hexagon = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions

... ADDITIONAL AWARDS

LTTP 2011 Award
The Top 20 games from 2011 that people played in 2012.

01. Dark Souls
02. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
03. Saints Row The Third
03. Rayman Origins
05. Batman: Arkham City
06. Super Mario 3D Land
07. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
08. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
09. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10. To The Moon
10. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
10. The Binding of Isaac
13. Portal 2
13. Xenoblade Chronicles
13. Driver: San Francisco
13. Bastion
13. Catherine
18. Yakuza 4
18. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
18. Pushmo

Widespread Appeal Award
The top 20 games ranked by number of appearances in ballots.

01. The Walking Dead (389)
02. Journey (374)
03. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (261)
04. Sleeping Dogs (258)
05. Dishonored (238)
06. Mass Effect 3 (230)
07. Borderlands 2 (203)
08. Hotline Miami (185)
09. Far Cry 3 (179)
10. Halo 4 (166)
11. Kid Icarus: Uprising (160)
12. FTL: Faster Than Light (156)
13. Max Payne 3 (141)
14. Mark of the Ninja (138)
15. Spec Ops: The Line (131)
16. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (119)
17. Gravity Rush (117)
18. Persona 4: The Golden (114)
19. Binary Domain (111)
20. Xenoblade Chronicles (108)

Passion Award
The top 20 games ranked by quantity of scores of "4" awarded in ballots.

01. Journey (140)
02. The Walking Dead (98)
03. Kid Icarus: Uprising (69)
04. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (53)
05. Persona 4: The Golden (37)
06. Borderlands 2 (34)
07. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (33)
08. Xenoblade Chronicles (29)
09. Dishonored (27)
10. Sleeping Dogs (24)
10. Dragon's Dogma (24)
12. Mass Effect 3 (23)
12. Halo 4 (23)
14. Dark Souls (21)
15. Mark of the Ninja (17)
16. Max Payne 3 (15)
17. Far Cry 3 (14)
18. Hotline Miami (13)
18. Fez (13)
20. FTL: Faster than Light (11)
20. Gravity Rush (11)

Best New IP Award
The top 20 games that do not belong to a preexisting franchise.

01. Journey
02. Sleeping Dogs
03. Dishonored
04. Hotline Miami
05. FTL: Faster Than Light
06. Mark of the Ninja
07. Dragon's Dogma
08. Gravity Rush
09. Binary Domain
10. Fez
11. Tokyo Jungle
12. Asura's Wrath
13. Sound Shapes
14. Spelunky
15. Katawa Shoujo
16. The Last Story
17. Super Hexagon
18. Dust: An Elysian Tail
19. The Unfinished Swan
20. Legend of Grimrock

High Quality Award
The top 20 games with at least 10 appearances, ranked by Average Points per Appearance

01. Kid Icarus: Uprising (2.95)
02. Journey (2.89)
03. Dark Souls (2.87)
04. Persona 4: The Golden (2.82)
05. Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (2.80)
06. Xenoblade Chronicles (2.77)
07. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (2.76)
08. The Walking Dead (2.73)
09. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (2.69)
10. XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2.64)
11. Dragon's Dogma (2.58)
12. Street Fighter X Tekken (2.45)
13. Borderlands 2 (2.394)
14. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (2.391)
15. Guild Wars 2 (2.388)
16. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (2.381)
17. Crusader Kings II (2.36)
18. The Pinball Arcade (2.3)
19. Warriors Orochi 3 (2.27)
20. Minecraft (2.25)

Seal of Quality Award
The top 10 publishers for the year, based on total number of points for all their titles.

01. Sony = 2003 points, 73 honorable mentions, 27 titles
02. Nintendo = 1640 points, 62 honorable mentions, 28 titles
03. 2K = 1528 points, 56 honorable mentions, 6 titles
04. Microsoft = 1257 points, 51 honorable mentions, 12 titles
05. Telltale = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions, 1 title
06. Square-Enix = 945 points, 41 honorable mentions, 9 titles
07. Ubisoft = 831 points, 54 honorable mentions, 11 titles
08. Electronic Arts = 798 points, 42 honorable mentions, 15 titles
09. Capcom = 590 points, 26 honorable mentions, 7 titles
10. Bethesda = 521 points, 18 honorable mentions, 1 title

-------------------------
NeoGAF 2012 VOTER CENSUS
-------------------------

General Stats
Number of users: 1,031
Number of ballots: 964
Ballots Disqualified: 22
Votes counted: 7,592
Points awarded: 16,524

Ballot length
10 titles - 57.05% (550)
9 titles - 2.90% (28)
8 titles - 4.67% (45)
7 titles - 4.98% (48)
6 titles - 4.77% (46)
5 titles - 9.23% (89)
4 titles - 4.46% (43)
3 titles - 6.02% (58)
2 titles - 2.07% (20)
1 title - 3.84% (37)

Exclusivity Data
The following data attempts to give a rough picture of how many ballots leaned heavily exclusive to one platform holder or another.
Data is presented as: % of ballots (raw number)

>50% Sony Exclusive: 6.43% (62)
>80% Sony Exclusive: 1.03% (10)
100% Sony Exclusive: 0.93% (9)

>50% Nintendo Exclusive: 6.32% (61)
>80% Nintendo Exclusive: 1.45% (14)
100% Nintendo Exclusive: 1.14% (11)

>50% Microsoft Exclusive: 1.34% (13)
>80% Microsoft Exclusive: 0.31% (3)
100% Microsoft Exclusive: 0.31% (3)

>50% PC Exclusive: 7.57% (73)
>80% PC Exclusive: 0.73% (7)
100% PC Exclusive: 0.62% (6)

>50% Multiplatform Exclusive: 65.25% (629)
>80% Multiplatform Exclusive: 18.36% (177)
100% Multiplatform Exclusive: 6.22% (60)

% of ballots with at least one Sony exclusive: 54.25% (523)
% of ballots with at least one Nintendo exclusive: 36.00% (347)
% of ballots with at least one Microsoft exclusive: 35.79% (345)
% of ballots with at least one PC exclusive: 53.84% (519)
% of ballots with at least one Multiplatform game: 95.29% (918)

Microsoft exclusive points allocated: 6.19% (1023)
Nintendo exclusive points allocated: 7.71% (1274)
Sony exclusive points allocated: 11.60% (1916)
PC exclusive points allocated: 11.17% (1845)
Multiplatform points allocated: 46.17% (7629)
Apple exclusive points allocated: 0.26% (43)
Android exclusive points allocated: 0% (0)
Arcade exclusive points allocated: 0% (0)

Digital Distribution Frequency
Data pertaining to the number of digitally distributed (download-only) titles were voted on.
Data is presented as % of ballots, (raw number)

Ballots containing at least one download-only title: 67.22% (648)
Appearances of download-only titles: 19.14% (1453)
Points allocated to download-only titles: 17.38% (2872)

Tally Chart
iwi9gk10yY9qJ.png

FULL STATS
Full Statistics Download Here, Including Affinity Data

1. [PS3] Journey (Adventure) = 1080 points, 14 honorable mentions
2. [360][PS3][PC][IOS] The Walking Dead (Adventure) = 1063 points, 30 honorable mentions
3. [360][PS3][PC] XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Strategy) = 689 points, 25 honorable mentions
4. [360][PS3][PC] Sleeping Dogs (Action) = 566 points, 17 honorable mentions
5. [360][PS3][PC] Dishonored (Adventure) = 521 points, 18 honorable mentions
6. [360][PS3][NWU][PC] Mass Effect 3 (RPG) = 513 points, 20 honorable mentions
7. [360][PS3][PC] Borderlands 2 (FPS) = 486 points, 10 honorable mentions
8. [3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising (Action) = 472 points, 11 honorable mentions
9. [360][PS3][PC] Far Cry 3 (FPS) = 402 points, 21 honorable mentions
10. [PC] Hotline Miami (Action) = 399 points, 21 honorable mentions
11. [360] Halo 4 (FPS) = 364 points, 6 honorable mentions
12. [PSV][3DS] Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Adventure) = 328 points, 3 honorable mentions
13. [PSV] Persona 4: The Golden (RPG) = 321 points, 13 honorable mentions
14. [PC] FTL: Faster Than Light (Strategy) = 316 points, 14 honorable mentions
15. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles (RPG) = 299 points, 14 honorable mentions
16. [360][PC] Mark of the Ninja (Platform) = 289 points, 10 honorable mentions
17. [360][PS3][PC] Max Payne 3 (Shooter) = 285 points, 9 honorable mentions
18. [360][PS3] Dragon's Dogma (RPG) = 250 points, 5 honorable mentions
19. [PSV] Gravity Rush (Action) = 248 points, 7 honorable mentions
20. [360][PS3][PC] Spec Ops: The Line (Shooter) = 243 points, 16 honorable mentions
21. [360][PS3][PC] Binary Domain (Shooter) = 230 points, 15 honorable mentions
22. [NWU] New Super Mario Bros. U (Platform) = 208 points, 4 honorable mentions
23. [PC] Diablo III (RPG) = 181 points, 15 honorable mentions
24. [360] Fez (Platform) = 173 points, 8 honorable mentions
25. [360][PS3][NWU][PC] Assassin's Creed III (Action) = 168 points, 16 honorable mentions
26. [PC] Dark Souls (RPG) = 158 points, 5 honorable mentions
27. [3DS][IOS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Rhythm) = 156 points, 9 honorable mentions
28. [NWU] Nintendo Land (Action) = 156 points, 7 honorable mentions
29. [360] Forza Horizon (Racing) = 133 points, 2 honorable mentions
30. [NWU] ZombiU (Horror) = 132 points, 7 honorable mentions
31. [360][PS3][NWU] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Fighting) = 131 points, 2 honorable mentions
32. [3DS] Resident Evil: Revelaitons (Horror) = 130 points, 3 honorable mentions
33. [PC] Guild Wars 2 (MMO) = 117 points, 5 honorable mentions
34. [PC] Torchlight II (RPG) = 112 points, 10 honorable mentions
35. [PS3] Tokyo Jungle (Action) = 112 points, 6 honorable mentions
36. [360] Trials Evolution (Platform) = 111 points, 9 honorable mentions
37. [360][PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (RPG) = 106 points, 4 honorable mentions
38. [360][PS3] Asura's Wrath (Action) = 99 points, 12 honorable mentions
39. [360][PS3][NWU][PC] Call of Duty: Black Ops II (FPS) = 98 points, 4 honorable mentions
40. [PS3][PSV] Sound Shapes (Platform) = 95 points, 8 honorable mentions
41. [3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (RPG) = 93 points, 4 honorable mentions
42. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Platform) = 91 points, 5 honorable mentions
43. [PS3] Tales of Graces f (RPG) = 90 points, 6 honorable mentions
44. [360] Spelunky (Platform) = 90 points, 2 honorable mentions
45. [360][PC] The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (RPG) = 88 points, 2 honorable mentions
46. [WII] The Last Story (RPG) = 85 points, 6 honorable mentions
47. [PC] Katawa Shoujo (Adventure) = 85 points, 4 honorable mentions
48. [NDS] Pokémon Black/White 2 (RPG) = 83 points, 4 honorable mentions
49. [PC][IOS] Super Hexagon (Action) = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions
50. [PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Adventure) = 82 points, 6 honorable mentions
51. [360][PS3] Resident Evil 6 (Horror) = 78 points, 5 honorable mentions
52. [WII] Rhythm Heaven Fever (Rhythm) = 78 points, 4 honorable mentions
53. [360] Dust: An Elysian Tail (Action) = 73 points, 8 honorable mentions
54. [360][PS3] SSX (Sports) = 71 points, 4 honorable mentions
55. [360][PS3][PSV][NWU][PC] Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Racing) = 66 points, 6 honorable mentions
56. [PC] Crusader Kings II (Strategy) = 66 points, 3 honorable mentions
57. [PS3] The Unfinished Swan (Adventure) = 65 points, 5 honorable mentions
58. [360][PS3][NWU][PC] Darksiders II (Adventure) = 63 points, 8 honorable mentions
59. [PC] Legend of Grimrock (RPG) = 61 points, 6 honorable mentions
60. [360][PS3][ARC] Persona 4 Arena (Fighting) = 60 points, 3 honorable mentions
61. [PC] Planetside 2 (MMO) = 59 points, 5 honorable mentions
62. [360][PS3][PC] The Darkness II (FPS) = 59 points, 3 honorable mentions
63. [360][PS3] Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (Fighting) = 55 points, 1 honorable mention
64. [PS3][PSV] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Fighting) = 54 points, 1 honorable mention
65. [360][PS3][PC] Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (RPG) = 51 points, 6 honorable mentions
66. [360][PS3][PSV][WII][3DS][PC] Rayman Origins (Platform) = 51 points, 2 honorable mentions
67. [360][PS3][PC] Hitman: Absolution (Action) = 50 points, 6 honorable mentions
68. [360][PS3] Lollipop Chainsaw (Action) = 50 points, 5 honorable mentions
69. [360][PS3][PSV][PC][IOS][AND] Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Racing) = 49 points, 3 honorable mentions
70. [360][PSP][PS3][PSV][WII][NWU][3DS][PC][IOS][AND] FIFA 13 (Sports) = 48 points, 3 honorable mentions
71. [PC] Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Action) = 48 points, 1 honorable mention
72. [PSV] Wipeout 2048 (Racing) = 47 points, 4 honorable mentions
73. [PSV] LittleBigPlanet Vita (Platform) = 47 points, 3 honorable mentions
74. [PC] Ys Origin (RPG) = 46 points, 1 honorable mention
75. [360] Minecraft (Adventure) = 45 points, 2 honorable mentions
76. [3DS] Crashmo (Puzzle) = 45 points
77. [PC] World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (MMO) = 43 points, 1 honorable mention
78. [PS3] Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland (RPG) = 42 points, 1 honorable mention
79. [PC][IOS] Botanicula (Adventure) = 41 points, 5 honorable mentions
80. [PC] Dear Esther (Adventure) = 40 points, 13 honorable mentions
81. [3DS] Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (RPG) = 38 points, 4 honorable mentions
82. [PC] Tribes: Ascend (FPS) = 35 points, 3 honorable mentions
83. [PC] Alan Wake (Horror) = 34 points, 3 honorable mentions
84. [PSV] Lumines Electronic Symphony (Puzzle) = 33 points, 2 honorable mentions
85. [360][PS3][PC] Syndicate (FPS) = 32 points, 2 honorable mentions
86. [360][PS3] Dead or Alive 5 (Fighting) = 31 points, 3 honorable mentions
87. [360][PS3] Soul Calibur V (Fighting) = 28 points, 3 honorable mentions
88. [PSV][PC] Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Platform) = 27 points, 4 honorable mentions
89. [360][PC] Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Horror) = 27 points, 2 honorable mentions
90. [360][PS3][PSV][PC][IOS] Street Fighter X Tekken (Fighting) = 27 points
91. [PC] Civilization V: Gods & Kings (Strategy) = 26 points, 1 honorable mention
92. [PC] Thirty Flights of Loving (Adventure) = 25 points, 8 honorable mentions
93. [NDS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (RPG) = 25 points, 4 honorable mentions
94. [PC][AND] Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (Adventure) = 25 points, 3 honorable mentions
95. [360][PSP][PS3][WII][NWU][PC][IOS][AND] NBA 2K13 (Sports) = 25 points, 1 honorable mention
96. [360][PSP][PS3][PSV][NWU] Warriors Orochi 3 (Action) = 25 points
97. [360][PS3][PC] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (FPS) = 24 points, 2 honorable mentions
98. [360][PS3][PC] Awesomenauts (MMO) = 24 points, 1 honorable mention
99. [360][PS3][PSV][NWU][PC][IOS][AND] The Pinball Arcade (Simulation) = 23 points, 2 honorable mentions
100. [3DS] Crimson Shroud (RPG) = 23 points, 2 honorable mentions
101. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Puzzle) = 23 points, 1 honorable mention
102. [PS3][PSV] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Sports) = 22 points, 3 honorable mentions
103. [NDS] Pokémon Conquest (Strategy) = 22 points, 2 honorable mentions
104. [360][PS3] Catherine (Adventure) = 22 points, 1 honorable mention
105. [PC] Natural Selection 2 (FPS) = 21 points
106. [360][PS3] Double Dragon Neon (Action) = 20 points, 3 honorable mentions
107. [PC] The Secret World (MMO) = 20 points, 1 honorable mention
108. [360][PS3][PC] Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Shooter) = 20 points
109. [360] Akai Katana Shin (Shooter) = 19 points, 2 honorable mentions
110. [PC] Black Mesa (FPS) = 19 points, 1 honorable mention
111. [PC] Frog Fractions (Action) = 18 points, 9 honorable mentions
112. [NWU] Trine 2: Director's Cut (Platform) = 18 points, 2 honorable mentions
113. [360][PS3][PC] Quantum Conundrum (Puzzle) = 18 points, 1 honorable mention
114. [PSP] Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time (Strategy) = 18 points
115. [PC] Dustforce (Platform) = 17 points, 4 honorable mentions
116. [PSP][PS3] Velocity (Shooter) = 17 points, 3 honorable mentions
117. [PC] Endless Space (Strategy) = 17 points, 1 honorable mention
118. [PC] Dikembe Mutombo's 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World (Action) = 16 points, 5 honorable mentions
119. [NWU][3DS][PC] Scribblenauts Unlimited (Puzzle) = 16 points, 5 honorable mentions
120. [360][PS3][PC] I Am Alive (Horror) = 15 points, 3 honorable mentions
121. [NWU][3DS][PC][IOS] Mutant Mudds (Platform) = 15 points, 2 honorable mentions
122. [PS3][PSV] MotorStorm: RC (Racing) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
123. [360][PS3] Silent Hill: Downpour (Horror) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
124. [PS3] Twisted Metal (Action) = 15 points, 1 honorable mention
125. [360][PS3][PC][IOS] Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (Strategy) = 15 points
126. [WII][PC] La-Mulana (Platform) = 14 points, 2 honorable mentions
127. [3DS] Tales of the Abyss (RPG) = 13 points, 1 honorable mention
128. [WII] Pandora's Tower (RPG) = 13 points
129. [PC] Analogue: A Hate Story (Adventure) = 12 points, 5 honorable mentions
130. [360][PS3][PC] Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss (RPG) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
131. [360][PS3] Skullgirls (Fighting) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
132. [NWU][PC] Little Inferno (Puzzle) = 12 points, 1 honorable mention
133. [PC] Phantasy Star Online 2 (RPG) = 12 points
134. [PC] Lone Survivor (Horror) = 12 points
135. [3DS] Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (Action) = 12 points
136. [PC] Orcs Must Die! 2 (Strategy) = 11 points, 3 honorable mentions
137. [360][PS3][WII] WWE '13 (Sports) = 11 points, 3 honorable mentions
138. [PC] Thomas Was Alone (Platform) = 11 points, 3 honorable mentions
139. [360][PS3][PSV][PC] Sine Mora (Shooter) = 11 points, 2 honorable mentions
140. [IOS][AND] Rayman Jungle Run (Platform) = 11 points, 2 honorable mentions
141. [PC] Hero Academy (Strategy) = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
142. [PC] Ys: The Oath in Felghana (RPG) = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
143. [360][PS3][PC] Risen 2: Dark Waters (Adventure) = 11 points, 1 honorable mention
144. [360][PS3][PC] Gotham City Impostors (FPS) = 11 points
145. [PSV] DJMax Technika Tune (Rhythm) = 11 points
146. [PS3] Starhawk (Action) = 11 points
147. [3DS][IOS] Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (Rhythm) = 10 points, 1 honorable mention
148. [PC] Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai (Strategy) = 10 points, 1 honorable mention
149. [PS3] 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation (Strategy) = 10 points
150. [PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (RPG) = 10 points
151. [3DS] Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Simulation) = 9 points, 2 honorable mentions
152. [360][PS3] Rock Band Blitz (Rhythm) = 9 points, 1 honorable mention
153. [360][PS3] NHL 13 (Sports) = 9 points
154. [PC] Football Manager 2013 (Sports) = 9 points
155. [3DS] Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (Simulation) = 9 points
156. [PC] Resonance (Adventure) = 8 points, 2 honorable mentions
157. [PC] The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb (Action) = 8 points, 1 honorable mention
158. [WII] Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (Horror) = 8 points, 1 honorable mention
159. [PC] Stacking (Puzzle) = 8 points, 1 honorable mention
160. [IOS][AND] Puzzle & Dragons (Puzzle) = 8 points
161. [PS3][PC] Closure (Platform) = 8 points
162. [360][PS3] Under Defeat HD (Shooter) = 8 points
163. [PC][IOS][AND] Angry Birds Star Wars (Puzzle) = 7 points, 2 honorable mentions
164. [360][PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (Fighting) = 7 points
165. [3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (RPG) = 7 points
166. [PC][IOS] 10000000 (Strategy) = 7 points
167. [NDS] Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow (Strategy) = 7 points
168. [PSV] Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Action) = 7 points
169. [PS3] Yakuza: Dead Souls (Adventure) = 7 points
170. [PC] Hawken (FPS) = 6 points, 5 honorable mentions
171. [PSV] Dokuro (Puzzle) = 6 points, 3 honorable mentions
172. [PSV] Super Stardust Delta (Shooter) = 6 points, 2 honorable mentions
173. [360][IOS] DoDonPachi Maximum (Shooter) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
174. [PS3] Dyad (Racing) = 6 points, 1 honorable mention
175. [PC] Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour (Strategy) = 6 points
176. [PS3] Yakuza 5 (Adventure) = 6 points
177. [360][PS3][PC] Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain- Precipice of Darkness: Episode 3 (RPG) = 6 points
178. [IOS] Summoner Wars (Strategy) = 6 points
179. [PS3][PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (Rhythm) = 6 points
180. [360][PS3][PSV][NDS][WII][3DS][PC] Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Adventure) = 6 points
181. [360][PS3][PC] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Shooter) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
182. [360][PS3][PSV][NDS][WII][3DS][PC] Lego The Lord of the Rings (Adventure) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
183. [360] Dance Central 3 (Rhythm) = 5 points, 1 honorable mention
184. [PC] The Exiled Realm of Arborea (MMO) = 5 points
185. [360][PS3][PC] Rocksmith (Rhythm) = 5 points
186. [IOS] ZiGGURAT (Shooter) = 5 points
186. [PS3][PSV] MLB 12: The Show (Sports) = 5 points
188. [IOS] Beat Sneak Bandit (Rhythm) = 5 points
188. [PSV] Unit 13 (Shooter) = 5 points
190. [PS3][3DS] E.X. Troopers (Shooter) = 5 points
191. [360][PC] Deadlight (Horror) = 5 points
192. [PS3] Papo & Yo (Adventure) = 4 points, 3 honorable mentions
193. [PC] They Bleed Pixels (Platform) = 4 points, 2 honorable mentions
194. [3DS] Code of Princess (Action) = 4 points, 2 honorable mentions
195. [PC] Super Monday Night Combat (Shooter) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
195. [PC] The Sea Will Claim Everything (Adventure) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
197. [NWU] Nano Assault Neo (Shooter) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
198. [360][PS3][PC] Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Platform) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention
199. [PC] Drox Operative (Shooter) = 4 points
199. [PC] Cart Life (Simulation) = 4 points
199. [PC] Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel (Adventure) = 4 points
199. [PS3] White Album 2: The Other Side of Happiness (Adventure) = 4 points

203. [360][PS3] Max Anarchy (Action) = 4 points
204. [360][PS3][PC][IOS][AND] Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (Platform) = 4 points
205. [NDS] Rabi Laby 2 (Puzzle) = 4 points
206. [IOS] Spaceteam (Simulation) = 4 points
206. [360][PSP][PS3][WII][3DS][PC] Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (Sports) = 4 points
208. [NWU] Wii Karaoke U (Rhythm) = 4 points
209. [3DS] Mario Tennis Open (Sports) = 4 points
210. [360][PS3] Joe Danger 2: The Movie (Platform) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
211. [360][PS3][PSV][WII][PC] Retro City Rampage (Action) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
212. [3DS] Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (Adventure) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
212. [3DS] Liberation Maiden (Shooter) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
212. [360][PS3][NWU][PC] Sniper Elite V2 (Shooter) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
212. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Action) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
216. [PC] Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (Strategy) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
217. [IOS] Punch Quest (Fighting) = 3 points, 1 honorable mention
218. [PS3] Pixeljunk 4am (Rhythm) = 3 points
218. [PC] Primordia (Adventure) = 3 points
218. [IOS] Middle Manager of Justice (Simulation) = 3 points
218. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening (Strategy) = 3 points
218. [IOS][AND] Gunman Clive (Action) = 3 points
218. [PC][IOS] Avernum: Escape From the Pit (RPG) = 3 points
218. [PC][IOS] Rose Guns Days (Adventure) = 3 points
218. [3DS] Brain Age: Concentration Training (Puzzle) = 3 points
218. [PC] Receiver (FPS) = 3 points
218. [PSP] Nayuta no Kiseki (RPG) = 3 points
218. [PC] Qasir Al-Wasat: A Night in-Between (Adventure) = 3 points
218. [PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Action) = 3 points
218. [3DS] Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! (Simulation) = 3 points
218. [PC] Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars (Strategy) = 3 points
218. [PC] Victoria II: A House Divided (Strategy) = 3 points
218. [PC] Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Simulation) = 3 points
218. [PC] Lim (Puzzle) = 3 points
235. [IOS] Fart Cat (Simulation) = 3 points
235. [PSP] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute: It Can't Continue on Portable (Adventure) = 3 points
235. [3DS] Ketzal's Corridors (Puzzle) = 3 points
235. [PSV] Touch My Katamari (Action) = 3 points
235. [PC] King's Bounty: Warriors of the North (RPG) = 3 points
235. [PC] School Days HQ (Adventure) = 3 points
241. [PC] Intrusion 2 (Platform) = 3 points
241. [PC] The Real Texas (Adventure) = 3 points
243. [IOS] The World Ends With You Solo Remix (RPG) = 3 points
244. [PSV] Virtua Tennis 4 (Sports) = 3 points
244. [PC][IOS] Bastion (Action) = 3 points
246. [PC] Kairo (Adventure) = 3 points
246. [PC] Blacklight: Retribution (FPS) = 3 points
246. [PC][IOS][AND] SongPop (Rhythm) = 3 points
249. [PS3][PSV] Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Platform) = 3 points
250. [3DS] The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave (RPG) = 3 points
251. [IOS][AND] Draw Something (Puzzle) = 2 points, 2 honorable mentions
252. [PC] Defender's Quest (Strategy) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
253. [PC] Iron Brigade (Shooter) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
254. [360][PS3][PC] Inversion (Shooter) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
254. [PC][IOS][AND] Waking Mars (Adventure) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
254. [PC] Warlock: Master of the Arcane (Strategy) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
257. [WII] Mario Party 9 (Action) = 2 points, 1 honorable mention
258. [360][PS3] Black Knight Sword (Platform) = 2 points
258. [360][PSP][PS3][PSV][ARC] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Fighting) = 2 points
258. [IOS][AND] Project 83113 (Action) = 2 points
258. [PC] Eryi's Action (Platform) = 2 points
258. [PSV] Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Puzzle) = 2 points
258. [PSP] Kenka Bancho Bros. Tokyo Battle Royale (Action) = 2 points
258. [PC] Dengeki Stryker (Adventure) = 2 points
258. [PC] Tropico 4: Modern Times (Simulation) = 2 points
258. [PSV] Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Action) = 2 points
258. [PC][IOS] Swift Stitch (Action) = 2 points
258. [PS3] Rainbow Moon (Strategy) = 2 points
258. [PC] Vessel (Platform) = 2 points
258. [IOS][AND] Major Mayhem (Shooter) = 2 points
258. [360][PS3][PSV][WII][NWU] Madden NFL 13 (Sports) = 2 points
258. [PC] Ace of Spades (FPS) = 2 points
258. [PS3] Tales of Xillia 2 (RPG) = 2 points
274. [PC][IOS][AND] McPixel (Adventure) = 2 points
274. [IOS][AND] Dungeon Village (Simulation) = 2 points
274. [360] Murder Miners (FPS) = 2 points
274. [3DS] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Action) = 2 points
274. [PC] Guns of Icarus Online (FPS) = 2 points
274. [PC] Deardrops (Adventure) = 2 points
274. [IOS][AND] WordHero (Puzzle) = 2 points
274. [PC] Cortex Command (Action) = 2 points
274. [360][PS3][PC] Pid (Puzzle) = 2 points
274. [PSP] Yakuza: Black Panther 2 (Adventure) = 2 points
274. [3DS] Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai (Rhythm) = 2 points
285. [PC] Dys4ia (Adventure) = 2 points
285. [360][PS3][WII][NWU] Just Dance 4 (Rhythm) = 2 points
285. [PC] Ef: The First Tale (Adventure) = 2 points
285. [IOS][AND] Super Stickman Golf (Sports) = 2 points
285. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Simulation) = 2 points
285. [360][PS3][WII] Monster World IV (Platform) = 2 points
285. [IOS] BBB: App-ocalypse (Strategy) = 2 points
285. [IOS][AND] Beastie Bay (RPG) = 2 points
285. [IOS] Gridrunner (Shooter) = 2 points
294. [PSV] Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja (Action) = 2 points
295. [360][PS3][PSV][PC] WRC 3: FIA World Rally Championship (Racing) = 2 points
295. [PC] Stealth Bastard Deluxe (Action) = 2 points
297. [PS3][PSV] Hustle Kings (Sports) = 2 points
297. [360][PS3][PC] Prototype 2 (Action) = 2 points
297. [3DS] Picross e (Puzzle) = 2 points
297. [PSV] Escape Plan (Puzzle) = 2 points
301. [3DS] Dillon's Rolling Western (Action) = 2 points
301. [360][PS3][PC] Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (Platform) = 2 points
303. [3DS] Fluidity: Spin Cycle (Puzzle) = 2 points
304. [PS3] Datura (Adventure) = 2 points
304. [PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey (RPG) = 2 points
306. [NDS][3DS] Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (Adventure) = 1 point, 2 honorable mentions
307. [PC] Maldita Castilla (Action) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
307. [PC] Street Fighter X Mega Man (Action) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
307. [PSP] Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (Adventure) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
310. [360][PS3][PC] Ridge Racer Unbounded (Racing) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
310. [PC] Miasmata (Horror) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
312. [360][PS3] Armored Core V (Simulation) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
312. [PC] Elemental: Fallen Enchantress (Strategy) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
314. [IOS] The Room (Puzzle) = 1 point, 1 honorable mention
315. [360][PS3] NeverDead (Action) = 1 point
315. [PC][IOS] Fieldrunners 2 (Strategy) = 1 point
315. [IOS] Lost Cities (Puzzle) = 1 point
315. [360][PS3][PC] Game of Thrones (Adventure) = 1 point
315. [360][PS3][PSV] FIFA Street (Sports) = 1 point
315. [360][PS3] UFC Undisputed 3 (Sports) = 1 point
315. [3DS] Beyond The Labyrinth (RPG) = 1 point
315. [360][PS3][PC][IOS] F1 2012 (Racing) = 1 point
315. [360][PS3][NDS][WII][PC][IOS][AND] The Amazing Spider-Man (Adventure) = 1 point
315. [PC] Super Amazing Wagon Adventure (Shooter) = 1 point
315. [PC][IOS][AND] Angry Birds Space (Puzzle) = 1 point
326. [PSP] Super Danganronpa 2: Farewell Despair Academy (Adventure) = 1 point
326. [PS3][PSV][NWU] Zen Pinball 2 (Simulation) = 1 point
326. [PC] Slender: The Eight Pages (Horror) = 1 point
326. [PC] Transcripted (Shooter) = 1 point
326. [IOS][AND] Final Fantasy Dimensions (RPG) = 1 point
326. [IOS] Shoot Many Zombies! (Horror) = 1 point
326. [IOS] Groove Coaster Zero (Rhythm) = 1 point
326. [IOS][AND] Cafeteria Nipponica (Simulation) = 1 point
326. [360][PS3][IOS] Battlefield 3 Premium (FPS) = 1 point
326. [PC] The Political Machine 2012 (Simulation) = 1 point
326. [PC] The Sims 3: Seasons (Simulation) = 1 point
337. [IOS] Wordament (Puzzle) = 1 point
337. [PS3] LittleBigPlanet Karting (Racing) = 1 point
337. [360][PS3][WII][NWU][PC] Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Platform) = 1 point
337. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone (Sports) = 1 point
337. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (Action) = 1 point
337. [IOS] Girls Like Robots (Puzzle) = 1 point
337. [3DS] Crush 3D (Puzzle) = 1 point
337. [PC] Deponia (Adventure) = 1 point
337. [IOS][AND] Knights of Pen and Paper (RPG) = 1 point
337. [IOS][AND] Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube? (MMO) = 1 point
337. [PC] The Fabulous Screech (Adventure) = 1 point
337. [IOS] New Star Soccer (Sports) = 1 point
349. [PS3][PSV] Malicious (Action) = 1 point
349. [PSP] Unchained Blades (RPG) = 1 point
349. [360][PS3][PC] Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants (Simulation) = 1 point
349. [PC][IOS] Clash of Clans (Strategy) = 1 point
349. [IOS] Super Ox Wars (Shooter) = 1 point
349. [PC] Juniper's Knot (Adventure) = 1 point
349. [PC] Bientôt l'été (Simulation) = 1 point
349. [IOS] Fairway Solitaire (Strategy) = 1 point
349. [PSP] Gungnir (Strategy) = 1 point
358. [PC] Krater (RPG) = 0 points, 2 honorable mentions
358. [PC] EVE Online: Retribution (MMO) = 0 points, 2 honorable mentions
360. [PC] Ether Vapor Remaster (Shooter) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PSP] Elminage Original (RPG) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PSP][IOS] Wizorb (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC][IOS] Dynamite Jack (Puzzle) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] Teleglitch (Shooter) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PSP] Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki (RPG) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] Cherry Tree High Comedy Club (Adventure) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PSV] Frobisher Says! (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package (Shooter) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] Fairy Bloom Freesia (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] The Sims 3: Supernatural (Simulation) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [360][PS3][PC] Medal of Honor: Warfighter (FPS) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC][IOS] Manos: the Hands of Fate (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] Offspring Fling (Platform) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [360][PS3][PC] Shank 2 (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] Noitu Love 2: Devolution (Action) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [3DS] Aero Porter (Simulation) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PSV] Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (Puzzle) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [3DS] Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight (Rhythm) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC] Portal 2: Map Editor (Puzzle) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PS3] Retro/Grade (Rhythm) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PC][IOS][AND] Doptrix (Puzzle) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention
360. [PSP][PSV][3DS] Time Travelers (Adventure) = 0 points, 1 honorable mention

JOURNEY!!!!!!

Fuck yeah, definitely the deserved winner. Well done GAF.

Gravity Rush at 19 is better than I expected too. What a result.

Acquiescence
1. JohnnySasaki86 (99)
2. CSX (93)
3. Arlecchino (86)
4. crispyben (85)
4. Man-is-Obsolete (85)
4. StevePharma (85)
7. Henry Jones Jr (84)
7. KalBalboa (84)
9. EGM1966 (82)
9. semiconscious (82)

Good peeps here. Unlike last year, I actually recognise a few names this time.

YESSS! Glad to see Journey in the number 1 spot! I really thought The Walking Dead had it locked in......

Even though Virtue’s Last Reward deserves better than number 12, I’m still glad to see it did pretty well.

Corto

And the last stretch of the voting thread was what made Journey jump to the first place. Really great data exposition. Thanks for the nth time Cheesemaister and Timetokill!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mass Effect 3 should have got every place. ROBBED.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Thanks for the effort Timetokill and Cheesemeister!

I've only played one of the top ten (Kid Icarus), and that was rated quite low on my list. Oh well. It is exciting to see a variety of genres and budgets in the top ten. One thing I noticed, is that Xenoblade probably would have been much higher were the EU/US releases split so much. Speaking for myself, I was ineligible to vote for it and I damn well would have rated it highly.

My only disappointment is that VLR didn't crack the top ten, though to compensate, I am quoted in the results for it!

The_Monk

Amazing! I finished Journey yesterday and it's indeed amazing.

XCOM was for me my SOTY (Surprise of the Year). I can't believe I was not expecting this game and then it was one of those games I can't stop playing. It's really good.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Journey! *tear*
It is my personal game of the year as well even though I didn't vote this year. Well deserved.

Can't say that I approve of Journey winning, but good list nonetheless. Kid Icarus in the top 10 and as the handheld game of the year makes me very happy.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
193. [PC] Super Monday Night Combat (Shooter) = 4 points, 1 honorable mention

Who was with me on this one? Or was it just me? IT WAS JUST ME. Honorable mention guy, who are you? Out yourself!

Great list this year, truly. And thanks to all involved who put this together and compiled, you are true heroes and saviours to GAF.

McBradders
1. Ventrue (113)
1. Zeona (113)
3. Clunker (110)
4. Emerson (108)
5. Deadceptor (96)
6. CambriaRising (95)
6. gutterboy44 (95)
6. Remachinate (95)
9. Lingitiz (92)
10. DerZuhälter (88)

You guys are my bros, apparantly.

Oh look, NeoGAF's top three is the same as every publication's top three :p

Personally I still think Journey is over-rated, but I can totally see the appeal for it. I'm a bit surprised to see Walking Dead up there. I love the game all-in-all but most Gaffers seem to hate it. There are so many hate threads for it here on GAF because of all the glitches and not being able to play it and whatnot. Also surprised to see Kid Icarus up there. I didn't think that many people played it!

Will pay some closer attention to the list. Most games are becoming cheaper now so I'll start digging in on everything I didn't play last year.

EDIT: Oh and good job. It must have taken a long time to count all the votes and write all of that down!

Corto

The affinity data is so great!

Corto
1. Maragidyne (102)
2. Kritz (101)
2. SleazyC (101)
4. so1337 (100)
5. Revolutionary (96)
5. saveweyard (96)
7. Clunker (95)
7. SalsaShark (95)
9. Sullichin (93)
10. CosmicQueso (92)

These people are all good people in my book. Drinks are on me.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Very pleased Journey made it. Well deserved. And at least Dragons Dogma and Gravity Rush made the Top 20 I guess!

Pie and Beans
1. darkside31337 (100)
2. TurkishEmperor (96)
3. Shining Sunshine (95)
4. btkadams (91)
5. JaCy (81)
5. Revolutionary (81)
5. Tomodachi (81)
5. yurinka (81)
9. AgentP (80)
9. LiquidSolid (80)

Taste-friends. A glass raised.

Lime

Mass Effect 3 as the RPG of the Year. :/

Nice to see Journey made it. Well-deserved win and an incredible audiovisual experience.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I didn't think there was such a huge gap for XCOM, wow. I think this was an odd year for me.

Also, a top twenty that doesn't feature Fez, but does have Gravity Rush is alright in my book. Better than alright actually. THANK YOU, GAF-BASED.

glad to see Dragon's Dogma in the top 20.

Me too. It was my Console GOTY.

Also, we should see if those 22 disqualified ballots would have changed the GOTY winner. ;)

Oh, and surprised nobody else voted for Adventure Time. yeah, it was short as hell, but a ton of fun! Where's my Adventure Time fans at?

DatDude

Banned
Congrats to Journey, and congrats to TWD. 2 awesome fantastic games.

Btw, i'm surprised that there isn't more comments on how close the fucking race was. A few more mentions of TWD, and we would've had a new winner.

vall03

wow! VLR over P4G? never expected that. Anyway, basically what I expected after just browsing the ballots. Dont know what to say though.

Anyway, I find it a bit weird, one of the games I voted isn't anywhere on the list but my honorable mentions where listed. Wonder if it wasn't counted. Oh well, looks like I was the only who voted for it.

1. Deadly Cyclone (101)
2. KefkaPalazzo (90)
3. Kurtofan (89)
3. Minion101 (89)
5. Sulla1980 (87)
6. Dmax3901 (86)
7. dogmanstaruk (85)
7. Ros8105 (85)
9. Chip N Chance (84)
9. GillianSeed79 (84)

I salute these guys. Drinks are on me.

Majmun

I have the same top 2!!

Lol at the 22 disqualified ballots. This is what you get when you don't READ.

And thanks for making the thread again, guys.

Top Bottom