• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Year 2015 Awards

SOMA at #22 and Yakuza 5 at #27. I guess that's where they were always going to be but still. :/

Too many great games came out in 2015.

21x2

In the top 10, 6 games are new completely new IPs. Very nice!

Congrats to Bloodborne. I've yet to play it but I'm sure it's well desserved.

Matty77

I thought 2015 was a good year and this proves it. Even titles I did not vote I mostly cannot argue.

I had a five vote ballot and four of those made the top ten(MGSV,Bloodborne,LiS and Undertale) and I didn't really expect my fifth( Yakuza) to really make waves anyway.

Bloodborne was my number 2 so not upset it was first, and while Metal Gear was my top pick I don't mind it came third because while it was in my mind the best game despite its problems, those problems were real and it's one of the few times I can totally understand why some might not have seen past the issues.

The breakdowns and data analysis were great, thanks to Time to Kill and Cheesemeister for all the work they put in and the very timely results, made my morning excellent job guys all the kudos to you.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Well, the PSP release is compatible with PS Vita. It sorta counts, I guess.

Even then, the PSP version was released 4 years ago. ;)
And as I said it doesn't match with the overall list. Highest listed Trails game is Second Chapter at 84 points. Highest Vita game is Hotline Miami 2.
Edit: Hmm..it's only exclusives.

sono

Gold Member
Re:
PSV Game of the Year: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

EU Vita Gaf - please help
Just looked on PSN and Amazon UK - dont see it to buy ?

Ultimadrago

The Top 3 were all but expected, however I wasn't sure Life is Strange would get as high as #5, over Fallout 4 no less. Cool beans.

breakfuss

I really, really don't see how MGSV got that many votes. Game is a hot mess. Especially if you've been a longtime fan.

And who would've thought this time last year that Arkham Knight would be excluded from the Top 10? Just say no to the batmobile!

KraytarJ

I knew Bloodborne would win, I don't care what you say about 2014 if fucking Bayonetta 2 could win GOTY then anything is possible. Personally though it's nice to see Life is Strange crack the top 5 though I'm a little surprised Fallout 4 couldn't.

Shadoken

First Bayo 2 now this , GAF proving they put gameplay first :)

But that's a pretty close #1 and#2 spot. Great games both of them.

Corpekata

Banned
Trails being the Vita exclusive winner because it's on the PSP and sorta Vita is kinda moot because the game isn't exclusive anyway

ODDI

Well shit I didn't get to fix my errors in time ohs wells congrats Bloodobornonieo I shall play you soon.

Even then, the PSP version was released 4 years ago. ;)
And as I said it doesn't match with the overall list. Highest listed Trails game is Second Chapter at 84 points. Highest Vita game is Hotline Miami 2.
Edit: Hmm..it's only exclusives.

That makes even less sense, none of the Trails games are exclusive

Tankard

Absolutely great effort guys, glad to be voting for the first time after lurking Gaf for the past 3 years, thanks for putting it up.

Gaf knows what's up, very deserved top 10, don't agree with everything of course but it's well varied.
And yay for Until Dawn for making top 10.

Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 broke the record for points total previously held by The Last of Us.

More people need to play the Trails games. Fallout 4 is too high for my liking, but not unexpected.

Top Bottom