• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda disappointing at that mario kart wii u rumor but i spent a ton of time playing 7 and snes rainbow road in HD would be :O

just give us more retro stages and some new stages.

King K ROOL time B^)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Absolute lies, there will be no price drop, I have a feeling there's going to be a new Wii U version, even better than Deluxe in terms of storage, but not many goodies.

they're looking for a happy middle between those that want an easier, more hand hoody experience and those that want something far more difficult. At the same time provide something more open world.

Yep, that's it, he's been reading NeoGAF, and just rehashing what countless people have said, including me.

Were these not my exact words a few weeks ago? There, bullshit called.

Schnozberry

A lot of it sounds plausible because it contains a lot of information we already know. The rest sounds like tales from my ass.

Spongebob

Banned
I can't even count the number of insiders this board has anymore.

Also, the information in the post is vague enough for the poster to claim that he is right, even if he is BSing.

Azure J

star tropics is like kid icarus or murasame castle where it sounds like a character-driven franchise that could be revived as a hardcore series after decades with no need to adhere to established gameplay traditions, thus freeing nintendo to do something new. it doesn't matter if the original game was that great or popular to the person requesting it.

except kid icarus was like ten times more popular and requested than those other two series combined, so

Pretty much. Also, StarTropics is a bad Zelda if you didn't realize that the focus was actually on lots of nifty terrain based platforming challenges and puzzle solving versus the hack n slash open(ish) world method taken by Zelda. :p

I still think this is the finest load of wankery though.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
FE177AEA-A858-461E-8759-2E5CA64AECAE-130-0000004B807C6FF3_zps99c7e780.jpg

For the record, he didn't say "Super Mario Retroverse," he said it was something similar to that or that that is a good indication of the actual name, right?

I thought about making a thread to hold this guy accountable, but I didn't want that blood on my hands.

So, I posted jontron.gifs and "There Will Be Blood" posters as I gently encouraged accountability in the other thread.

Oh there will be blood.......

ant1532

Banned
there has never nintendo leaks like this. why should anyone believe this shit? seems like he's taking advantage of neogaf's recent popularity and want's his rumor story mentioned on some website or something. this is bullshit

Crayons

Banned
Based on the rumors that came true after the Xbox One reveal, I only believe rumors that are negative now.

Regarding Mario Kart..believe me, I expected an all new game too and am surprised its just a souped up 7.
This is likely the only true one.

Katsuragi

How would some "insider" know all this stuff? Especially the things which have no relation to this year's E3 (like Zelda U). There's probably only a handful of people at NoA who'd be briefed about the future of Zelda years before its release and I'm sure they wouldn't want to risk their job by posting it on GAF.

jay

remember when there was actually a rumor for "the revolution" about a gritty gumshoe reboot

i'm not joking, ign boards went crazy for it

No, actually. Damn rumor made my hilarious joke slightly less hilarious.

How could anyone on earth believe that? Was it a rumored double pack with the Devil World Beach Volleyball game?

LMAO, I don't know what kind of people are in a position to know internal development at Nintendo Japan, but I do know they are probably not posting as "insiders" on GAF.

ant1532

Banned
he's clearly going off of what nintendo has said they will be showing(mario, smash, ect) and added nothing more. funny that he has nothing to say about 3ds because he doesn't know what to make up.

ZeroGravity

Star Tropics would be the biggest waste of Retro's talents I could possibly imagine. There are so many better Nintendo IPs that deserve the Retro treatment before that.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
For the record, he didn't say "Super Mario Retroverse," he said it was something similar to that or that that is a good indication of the actual name, right?

No shit. Why can't NeoGAF read? He didn't say Retroverse is the actual name of the game, only that it would give a hint.

... Honestly he made it sound like the game was going to have some links to Super Mario Bros 2.

I believe all these rumors.

FOR!

jay

Star Tropics would be the biggest waste of Retro's talents I could possibly imagine. There are so many better Nintendo IPs that deserve the Retro treatment before that.

Don't worry, they're not making Star Tropics. They're waist deep in Mother 4 production.

Teknoman

I would have at least said Super Mario Universe. Makes better since than Retroverse, especially since it could be used for a retro celebration too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom