• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Gold Gifting

In order to celebrate this joyous occasion I'd like to gift a month of gold to whoever solves this riddle inspired by the Pythia and explains his reasoning:

I may hurt you,
yet I am necessary.
You can't touch me,
but I lend security.
Some think they possess me,
but they are wrong.
You can bend me,
but I'll remain forever unbroken.
Everybody is trying to grasp me,

but for most I remain elusive.
I am the puzzle with the eternal missing piece.

What am I?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The old reverse psychology trick, I see what you're up to

giphy.gif

I am quite serious, I think it's kind of stupid that I can just have this applied to my account without my knowledge or consent like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important had happen. Never was one of the cool kids and I'm not one for conformity, I want my blue name.

Nymphae

Banned
In order to celebrate this joyous occasion I'd like to gift a month of gold to whoever solves this riddle inspired by the Pythia and explains his reasoning:

I may hurt you,
yet I am necessary.
You can't touch me,
but I lend security.
but they are wrong.
You can bend me,

What am I?

Truth? gift it to someone else

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

I may hurt you,
yet I am necessary.
You can't touch me,
but I lend security.
but they are wrong.
You can bend me,

What am I?
The NeoGAF netiquette. In the unlikely event it is true, Nymphae Nymphae inspired me to the solution!

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!

I may hurt you,
yet I am necessary.
You can't touch me,
but I lend security.
but they are wrong.
You can bend me,

What am I?
samsung galaxy fold? oh no wait those broke

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned

I may hurt you,
yet I am necessary.
You can't touch me,
but I lend security.
but they are wrong.
You can bend me,

What am I?

lol did you stealth add the "and explains your reasoning"?
It's pretty obvious, look at each line and truth fits. The bend line was what clued me in it was the first line I saw. Still don't want the gold, maybe try another riddle.

Nymphae

Banned
The way you're going, I won't be surprised if you get gifted a full year.

I'm hoping it's something I can simply have reverted by a mod in that event. I don't suspect this will be an ongoing issue, jokes are fun and all but how long are people going to pay for a joke lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm hoping it's something I can simply have reverted by a mod in that event. I don't suspect this will be an ongoing issue, jokes are fun and all but how long are people going to pay for a joke lol

I think you’re being way overzealous about a simple gesture of goodwill.

It’s not about “cool kids” or “conformity”, it’s just a simple gesture of appreciation. The gift is in giving, and sometimes a little thing can boost the spirits of someone and the community.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Thanks for the gold, anonymous person. Now Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese can stop making fun of my peasant blue name !
yXJtKEF.png
I went to bed early last night feeling like crap so I missed this thread. Woke up this morning and popped up GAF like usual and bam. I thought it was a glitch so I popped in to look around and found the thread.

Thank you to whoever gifted me Gold. I’m glad someone likes me enough to do that. :)

Now I need a Gold Punisher Skull.
I got you discord fam💙🤘🏼

Nymphae

Banned
I think you’re being way overzealous about a simple gesture of goodwill.

It’s not about “cool kids” or “conformity”, it’s just a simple gesture of appreciation. The gift is in giving, and sometimes a little thing can boost the spirits of a community.

Gift it to those who express a desire to have it is all I'm saying, there's lots of those people here. I do not believe strange headache strange headache gifted this as a gesture of good will towards me lol, I specifically asked for it to be gifted to another person and it was still given to me. It's a joke, because I expressed that I did not want it. Haha, we all love jokes. No problems :messenger_sunglasses:

I have no problem with Gold itself as an offering, I just don't want it personally, and think it should not be automatically applied to someone's account.

Mista

Banned
Gift it to those who express a desire to have it is all I'm saying, there's lots of those people here. I do not believe strange headache strange headache gifted this as a gesture of good will towards me lol, I specifically asked for it to be gifted to another person and it was still given to me. It's a joke, because I expressed that I did not want it. Haha, we all love jokes. No problems :messenger_sunglasses:

I have no problem with Gold itself as an offering, I just don't want it personally, and think it should not be automatically applied to someone's account.
Dude it’s just gold. Come on now, just take it and enjoy. No need for all this breh. It’s doesn't make you his bitch or anything at the end🤣🤣

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Complaining about being gifted gold against your wishes is reminding me of the GTA5 virtual rape complaint.

Nymphae

Banned
Complaining about being gifted gold against your wishes is reminding me of the GTA5 virtual rape complaint.

I think it's pretty simple, I just think it's something that you should have the ability to accept or not. Maybe I didn't want it because I'll grow to like the features and feel like I have to pay again or gift beg lol. Whatever, the reasons someone doesn't want it don't really matter to me. "Who wouldn't want NeoGaf Gold?" is not a good response to "Should other users have the ability to upgrade your account without your consent?" Just make it so you can accept the gift or not, maybe in the event you don't want it, you forward it to another user.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
I think it's pretty simple, I just think it's something that you should have the ability to accept or not. Maybe I didn't want it because I'll grow to like the features and feel like I have to pay again or gift beg lol. Whatever, the reasons someone doesn't want it don't really matter to me. "Who wouldn't want NeoGaf Gold?" is not a good response to "Should other users have the ability to upgrade your account without your consent?" Just make it so you can accept the gift or not, maybe in the event you don't want it, you forward it to another user.

I can understand the principle of "I have to consent to receiving something.", but it doesn't really work. As a forum user you've already consented to many things, including actions onto your account.
Gold isn't that big a deal or intrusive and EviLore EviLore has made sure that it isn't supposed to feel like you have to have it, so as to not separate into A users and B users. So feels like a mountain made out of a molehill.
I feel like this would become more relevant with newer features that are more intrusive. But interesting seeing your perspective, that should of course be considered and discussed at least.

Last edited:

McCheese

Can we pay twice as much to choose a colour?

I want the stock colour but just so ever so slightly off, just to piss off folks with OCD.

Top Bottom