• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY 2019 |OT| Results

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
cgfhqFS.jpg
Nah. Ingrid’s my girl and Manuela for that hot MILF action.

Kadayi

Banned
I gave it a crack on gamepass - I was really looking forward to it and initially it’s very pretty but there’s just nothing there, just a poor shooting gallery trying to disguise itself as a fallout game.

Yeah. As I said in the Disco Elysium thread, I think that game had kind of killed any boner I had for other RPGs, because everything else is going to feel second rate in comparison. I couldn't even muster the enthusiasm try Outer Worlds on game pass. I'm hoping that my mojo is restored when it finally hits Steam.

Yep, these are some cultured sons of bitches when you check the data

Reeeeally happy to see Astral Chain in the top 10 as well, you worry it would slip under too many people's radar but not here.

It doesn't work for all of them, but If you grab the biggest words from each game's text bubble and try to arrange them into a description then in some cases you get a short review of the game

Astral Chain - Unique Stylish Action
Link's Awakening - Beautiful Nostalgia Adventure
Sekiro - Best Challenging Hard Combat
Fire Emblem - Fun Strategy Waifu Combat
Death Stranding - Unique Kojima Experience
When I saw "GAFs thoughts for RDR2" all I could think of was "IT IS MA'AM!".

Humdinger

The text bubble for Death Stranding makes me want to play it.

Glad to see Days Gone place at #5.

I doubt I'd enjoy RE2, although it looks like a very good horror/suspense game, so congrats to it.

Guess I’m very out of touch with GAF. I’ve played #5, bored me to death. #4 I think I made it three cut scenes in before the characters and story was just too stupid and CW-ish for me to continue. Sony gave me a digital deluxe version of Death Stranding that I haven’t even downloaded yet.

Im early in Sekiro but it is amazing so far. And hard. I do want to play RE2 eventually but GamePass is making the backlog real.

prag16

Banned
Nice job on the thread, looks awesome.

As for the results... really? I'm legitimately shocked by a lot of the ordering.

Handel

Great game but an average remake.
...list three other remakes besides REmake that are better. Remakes on RE2R's scale very rarely happen, and even less so with that level of quality. I've yet to see anyone give anything other than nostalgia goggle reasons for saying it doesn't stay true to the originals core concepts/story, a remake isn't a 1-1 thing.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. As I said in the Disco Elysium thread, I think that game had kind of killed any boner I had for other RPGs, because everything else is going to feel second rate in comparison. I couldn't even muster the enthusiasm try Outer Worlds on game pass. I'm hoping that my mojo is restored when it finally hits Steam.

To be fair not many games stand up well against Disco Elysium. It’s the definitive answer to the question of whether games can be art. My love for that magnificent insane game / work of art remains undimmed.

Outer Worlds sadly doesn’t stand up on its own, let alone in comparison to DE. It’s poor vs Fallout 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will OP publish detailed Results based on the amount of votes? I would like to see how gradient looks

GAF made me install RE2 Yeterday, i should admit even after Quamtum break, it looks good on 2080TI. But in visual deprtment it should not be highet than Metro!

cormack12

Gold Member
Will OP publish detailed Results based on the amount of votes? I would like to see how gradient looks

GAF made me install RE2 Yeterday, i should admit even after Quamtum break, it looks good on 2080TI. But in visual deprtment it should not be highet than Metro!

It's just a google form with formula's. What is a gradient?

ethomaz

Banned
...list three other remakes besides REmake that are better. Remakes on RE2R's scale very rarely happen, and even less so with that level of quality. I've yet to see anyone give anything other than nostalgia goggle reasons for saying it doesn't stay true to the originals core concepts/story, a remake isn't a 1-1 thing.
Any remake that remake the original is better lol

Capcom did basically a lazy and rushed job to put the game on shelves without dozens of the original elements: campaign, plot points, enemies, bosses, mechanics, etc etc etc.

Like I said it is a great game but it failed being a remake.
The REmake is vastly superior as a remake.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Good to see Days gone up there. GAF has good taste.
RE2 deserves it.
Now if only i can get myself to like or play Sekiro better.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Played and completed the following -

#20 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Remake
#17 - Gears 5
#14 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
#11 - A Plague Tale: Innocence
#10 - Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
#06 - Control
#05 - Days Gone
#04 - Devil May Cry 5