• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf GOTY Awards 2020 |OT| Results

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I’m playing through GoT now and am surprised it’s number 1. I certainly don’t think it’s deserving of it at all, but so be it.

Cyberpunk at 3 is just as surprising. That game is broken and undercooked.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How the fuck can Cyberpunk win in so many categories? The game is a hollow piece of shit. Laughable.

Not sure what is more silly, your post or the folks crying that their game isn’t number 1. The community voted and they seem to consider it a great game. You didn’t. Get over yourself.

Amiga

agree with 80% of this list that is 20 games deep
2020 has been one of the best years for gaming, a sign of the evolution and increased talent in the industry.

prag16

Banned
Totally missed the voting thread on this. Bummer. For me it's Cyberpunk 2077 in a landslide. I had been playing Death Stranding, Star Wars Squadrons, and TLoU2 sporadically when Cyberpunk came out.

Since then I've only played Cyberpunk and despite the flaws which have been covered heavily here and elsewhere, it's incredible even on my potato box (2550k@4.2/970). Didn't finish it yet, just got to act 3. Can't wait to see all the endings.

GoT beating TLOU2 shows I'm at the right place. Cheers, GAF!

I'll also use this post to share my top 10. I recommend anyone who has even the smallest interest in 13 Sentinels: Aegis War to check it out; it's a masterpiece in storytelling and it became one of my top 10 favourite games of all time.
p.png
i7OIWCm.jpg

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Ghost of Tsushima is my 2020 goty as of now but I still have a few games to get through from Nov/Dec including Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Miles Morales. Very happy that Tsushima won over TLOUP2.

Raonak

Banned
Congrats on both SP and ND.
The top 2 best games of the year are playstation exclusives. Sony keeps winning.

Considering how vocal the haters are I'm pleasantly surprised TLOU2 is that high.

Top Bottom